New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Quote Originally Posted by FlashRah View Post
    Ahoy hoy there. I am new user to this and this collaborative comic seems a most curious idea. I would like to join. I was wondering what process is involved with joining.

Thanks!
    There's no real requirement to join, save that you have a basic idea of the plot you're joining, don't godmod excessively and don't kill anybody's characters off without talking to them about it.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Ahoy hoy there. I am new user to this and this collaborative comic seems a most curious idea. I would like to join. I was wondering what process is involved with joining.

Thanks!
    There's only one requirement - make a comic of your choice and you're in

For any further questions you may have use this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by xelliea View Post
    hello, please forgive my ignorance but I have not been to this thread before and I am a little confused about how it works and it would be great if someone could explain it to me, is this just a thread for comic artists, how do the comics work (characters and such), is this only for masterful artists... ect.

Thank you, Xelliea
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    There's a comic with a set of rules by Lying at the start of the thread. The basic idea is, avoid controlling other people's characters outside of their design concepts (and if you're not sure if an action is ok, ask the person who created said character)

Join by... well, making a comic. There are currently 3 plots, all in a state of hiatus and/or death.

FFFR: Fat Fish Fury Reboot. Set in Avbaroy. Basically an AU of the first FFF plot, if i understand it correctly. Collect the five magic macguffin keys to find the macguffin and the evil guys will triumph or the good guys will keep the talisman from being used. Fairly silly, mostly dead.

FI: Future Imperfect. Continuation of FFF. A dystopian future ruled by what is, basically, the UN. Darker, serious. Direct Questions to Mad Mask

ABRCorps: Basically, give the ABRers lantern rings from the green lantern comics and see what happens. Created by Green Shirted Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Well basically, there are several different plot-lines to choose from. Some are more serious and others more lighthearted, each of course has it's own unique theme/setting and rules. Once you've decided on where you wanna go, you make your character(s) and integrate them into said plot(s) via comics.

Alternatively, you can draw random kills. Which are basically one-shot fight scenes/kills with/of other Abr members. No reason you can't do both comics and random kills if you're a go-getter though.

As for art, you don't have to be great, or even mediocre. As long as people can tell what's going on in your comics. And they make sense plotwise, it's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    This is the discussion thread for Avatar Battle Royale, which has little to do with that name these days.
    Everybody have the characters they make for the plot they want them in and make comis doing stuff that other people respond to with their own comics, like an RPG but with comics! O_O
    We accept all artists who can draw well enough for it to make sense, which is hopefully not too bad a quota.
    Just start making characters and post a comic in the Art thread with the name of the plot on the top and try not to god-mod and you're good

Or you can start with a random kill, which is just your characters attacking another person's character outside of the plots.
    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    /\ DAMN YOU NINJAS!

ABR has two threads. One where we put all of our glorious artwork, and this one which we frequently pollute with a lot of meaningless banter....

How this works? We have numerous plots, usually set in the alternative timelines of the world of Avbaroy. Each artist is a story teller at the same time and owns a character(usually it's their avatar, thus Avatar battle royale) or characters and use them to advance the plot by making comics. It's really that simple....

To join the first thread, all you need to do is make an amusing comic of your choice and you're in. Art quality doesn't really matter as long as we can tell what's going on, you're going to improve after a while anyway
    Just don't godmod, nobody likes godmoding....unless it's the good and amusing kind of godmoding, but that rarely occurs....

Visit our ABRwiki if you want to know more, or just ask here....

Pretty much reposted from a week ago, feel free to ask if you need anything else
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #783
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stupendous! Because I am a spectacular dullard (who is also lazy) I don't suppose one of you chaps would mind giving me a brief synopsis on the currently running stories?

4. - Top - End - #784

Stupendous! Because I am a spectacular dullard (who is also lazy) I don't suppose one of you chaps would mind giving me a brief synopsis on the currently running stories?
    Nah, I'm too lazy for that, besides I'm still finishing up a comic....I'll give you archive links on our two currently most active plots though. You should at least skim through it if you want to join them anyway

ABR Corps

FFF:Reboot

EDIT: WARNING! They may not be fully updated, please check the art thread for the newest updates....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2011-02-04 at 11:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: WARNING! They may not be fully updated, please check the art thread for the newest updates....
    ABRC (EDIT: by which i mean the archive) hasn't been updated since November
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-02-04 at 02:19 PM.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

It's genuinly accepted that you have to draw a non cannon comic depicting your character killing "Nightwing"
    OR take the master ranger approch, try to force your character into central plot causing everyone else to hate you ^^

But seriously don't get your hopes up about being a plot central character. I joined a while ago and have never really (untill more recently) been plot central.
    It seems that only people with backstories get anywhere near being plot central unless they start up a plot themselves
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    It's genuinly accepted that you have to draw a non cannon comic depicting your character killing "Nightwing"
    OR take the master ranger approch, try to force your character into central plot causing everyone else to hate you ^^

But seriously don't get your hopes up about being a plot central character. I joined a while ago and have never really (untill more recently) been plot central.
    It seems that only people with backstories get anywhere near being plot central unless they start up a plot themselves
    Or you could try discussing ways to get into the plot with other people.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

Lies! I've had, like, three backstories.
    ____

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Lies! I've had, like, three backstories.
    I've had one that kept being postponed due to real life.
    But i SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to turn it into a film script and track down the guys who did thematrix XD
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

10. - Top - End - #790

Or you could try discussing ways to get into the plot with other people.
    That actually works better than you would think

On the next comic update: I'm not going to sleep tonight until it's done and posted, RAAAAAWWRRRR
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

That actually works better than you would think
    Hell, if you're lucky enough to get the creator of the plot with you you can MAKE plot points.

On the next comic update: I'm not going to sleep tonight until it's done and posted, RAAAAAWWRRRR
    meh. im going to work till 9:30 and will have to go to bed pretty much right after dinner to get up in time for ABRPG, assuming of course i don't have to work till late.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #792
    Troll in the Playground

I'm just going to break lurking to say bravo to Skimmer; that was amazing.
    (Inspired by MS paint adventures much ?)

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the music from ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2011-02-05 at 10:53 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

Question: is it supposed to end with a 4:?? countdown? =/ seemed weird for it to cut off right there.

But yes. The awesomeness knows NO BOUNDS!!

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

ABRC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Made decent version, 4:37 AM, need sleep.....
    Wow. Just...Wow.

EPIC. WIN!

I can tell you put a lot of effort into this. Which, FYI, if it's causing you to be sleep deprived, you don't need to put THIS MUCH effort into them. Just saying. If it's too much trouble, you can just make simple non-animated comics if you like.

Outta curiousity, is it supposed to cut to black and end after Q says "They won't know what hit them!" and the numbers count down a little more? Because it does and the music just goes on.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #795
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    Wow. Just...Wow.

EPIC. WIN!

I can tell you put a lot of effort into this. Which, FYI, if it's causing you to be sleep deprived, you don't need to put THIS MUCH effort into them. Just saying. If it's too much trouble, you can just make simple non-animated comics if you like.

Outta curiousity, is it supposed to cut to black and end after Q says "They won't know what hit them!" and the numbers count down a little more? Because it does and the music just goes on.
    Also, the play button at the start is extremely narrow - only works right on the lines of the letters.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

Also, the play button at the start is extremely narrow - only works right on the lines of the letters.
    Okay. THAT's nit-picking.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. THAT's nit-picking.
    i know but it's nitpicks are all i got that you didn't say already
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2011-02-05 at 11:31 PM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #798
    Dwarf in the Playground

ABRC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Well done. Congratulations.

Only I have no idea what's going on.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

Well done. Congratulations.

Only I have no idea what's going on.
    Q broke into the hero's main base and is killing their robots, basically.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #800
    Dwarf in the Playground

Skimmer you are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    (Inspired by MS paint adventures much ?)
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Nageto004: your residential paranormal exterminator.

I can make you an avi.

IA AWARDS
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Im a True Neutral Human Wizard (1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 15
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 10

Quote Originally Posted by Deca View Post
    Wow...Epic Ninjaing. Thanks Nageto! And by ninja'ing, I mean me failing a Spot check and somehow not seeing a post that had been there for quarter of an hour.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Barbarian in the Playground

ABRC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I enjoyed this.

So I guess...I'm back? I was never really gone, but now I'm thinkin' about actually "posting" and maybe "making" some "comics".
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

I enjoyed it too, nice work skimmer!

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice Skimmer! That really turned out well.

Now I'm jealous and upset that you not only made an interactive comic before me, but that you also did it better than I could have.

Could I get the .fla so I can dissect it?
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2011-02-06 at 05:38 AM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanterns!"

Wow, Skimmy, you made something so impressive you got people who haven't posted in weeks back!

I am deeply in awe.

Now to catch tehm before the disappear again! >:3

*Chases people with a butterfly net*
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2011-02-06 at 04:56 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ogre in the Playground

AWESOMEM! Hey Skim! can you put Fay in your next one? maybe repeatedly changeing between different Marvel and DC comic characters? please? =D
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #806
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, the archive is updated. Somebody tell me if I missed anything, okay?

I better go make a comic, now.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp, the archive is updated. Somebody tell me if I missed anything, okay?

I better go make a comic, now.
    Now all we need is FFF: Reboot archive to update
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

28. - Top - End - #808

Whoa

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where did you get the music from ?
    Ever played Hover!? Old games are awesome....

Question: is it supposed to end with a 4:?? countdown? =/ seemed weird for it to cut off right there.
    Yeah....originally it had to fade out, mute music and offer a replay button, but it was too late already so I just cut it off.... I swear it wont happen next time

Nah, it may be more work for me but it's also so much fun making these
    I just didnt want to postpone it any longer as I already promised to post something numerous times....hence why I made such deadline for myself....

Also, it's not really as time consuming as you may think. I just tend to be distracted a lot sometimes

I knew about that and many other things I could do better....I just sort of forgot to go back and fix it all....

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    So I guess...I'm back? I was never really gone, but now I'm thinkin' about actually "posting" and maybe "making" some "comics".
    Good to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Could I get the .fla so I can dissect it?
    Sure, here it is. I'm not sure how useful that would be though....I mean, I used the "Trial and error" approach while making this, so there is a ton of action script code scattered around that actually does nothing at all and library contains a lot of unused sprite sheets and I think I stopped making labels like halfway through and....well, it's pure chaos. Good luck with it

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Wow, Skimmy, you made something so impressive you got people who haven't posted in weeks back!

I am deeply in awe.

Now to catch tehm before the disappear again! >:3

*Chases people with a butterfly net*

Mission accomplished then

AWESOMEM! Hey Skim! can you put Fay in your next one? maybe repeatedly changeing between different Marvel and DC comic characters? please? =D
    Sure, if I dont get lazy obviously....though right now I have no idea where she is or what is she doing....perhaps you could do a comic or two as well?

Whew :P
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2011-02-06 at 05:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ettin in the Playground

ABR Corps
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be fair, Thor is small potatoes next to Superman.

30. - Top - End - #810

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    To be fair, Thor is small potatoes next to Superman.
    I'm pretty sure that Thor should be able to wipe the floor with at least go toe to toe Superman, due to the latter's weakness to magic.

Note: I am not counting that one crossover series where the results of the battles were literally decided by a popularity contest.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.