New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Okay guys, here's the SUPAR SERIOUS INTRO. Though obviously each character will have their own level of serious, the world takes ITSELF seriously at least.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll post it in the thread soon.

Edit: Huh. Three hours to make that? Really?
    *applauds*

Keveak wishes to let you know that he wish he could draw explosions that well.

Keveak fainted at the mention of that only taking three hours to make.

Sincerely, Secretary Matty.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Epic intro, man. Epic.

So, a question - would a gang powerful enough controlling a hotel/generator be out of the question? I want to make a rip-off of some New Vegas gangs.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Okay guys, here's the SUPAR SERIOUS INTRO. Though obviously each character will have their own level of serious, the world takes ITSELF seriously at least.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll post it in the thread soon.

Edit: Huh. Three hours to make that? Really?
    I remember the last shot. You're reusing that from that interactive comic you did once.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    I remember the last shot. You're reusing that from that interactive comic you did once.

You're right! He just got rid of the tent!
    I think.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

5. - Top - End - #95

Someone should make a bunch of 9- type little cloth guys.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post

Orly?
    Spoiler
    Show

Only the tire and the snow texture were recycled.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Epic intro, man. Epic.

So, a question - would a gang powerful enough controlling a hotel/generator be out of the question? I want to make a rip-off of some New Vegas gangs.
    They'd probably be a pretty major faction if they were able to control and keep an in-tact building out in the lawless tundra. It's certainly possible, but I'm not sure what others think.

I was personally thinking of a similar idea where there was a gang controlling a supermarket-turned-fortress where they routinely had to send people out to search for fuel, and defend against raiders and such...

All that needs to be decided is what the plot's about. What will it have established? Will it have anything established before people post it here? Etc.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-11-06 at 07:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe....*craziness ensues*
    There are these weird mutant animals that look very strangelike that were created from animals that scientists were experimenting on with nuclear radiation right when the holocaust occured. They reacted strangely, and now they're becoming pretty common.

Wait, sorry. That's unhelpful, and a bit silly. Let me try again:
    Okay, so this camp, they find a patch where there are some plants growing. And that's really, really rare, and hardly seen before in these quantities. As the area begins to slowly get greener, though, a bunch of Bad Guys, who have control over the only other such patch, grow concerned the world is recovering. This means they'll lose their monopoly, and with it all their power. So they decide the patch, where a small group is forming, has to go.

It's also a bit silly, but I hate it less. Still, it may alter the genre of the game in a major way, so it may not be a good idea.
    Last edited by Goblin Scribe; 2010-11-06 at 08:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblins chew and goblins bite,
    Goblins cut and goblins fight,
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!

Chase the baby, catch the pup!
    Bonk the head to shut it up!
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe
    Most people put that in their signature to show their skill at art. I put it in because the avatarists of the forum threatened to set fire to my home if it wasn't made clear.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe View Post
    Maybe....*craziness ensues*
    There are these weird mutant animals that look very strangelike that were created from animals that scientists were experimenting on with nuclear radiation right when the holocaust occured. They reacted strangely, and now they're becoming pretty common.
    Wait, sorry. That's unhelpful, and a bit silly. Let me try again:
    Okay, so this camp, they find a patch where there are some plants growing. And that's really, really rare, and hardly seen before in these quantities. As the area begins to slowly recover, though, a bunch of Bad Guys, who have control over the only other such patch, grow concerned the world is recovering. This means they'll lose their monopoly, and with it all their power. So they decide the patch, where a small group is forming, has to go.

It's also a bit silly, but I hate it less. Still, it may altar the genre, so it may not be a good idea.
    In Fallout (or Fallout 3, at least) there are animals that have been mutated by the radiation, such as bugs, dogs and moles.
    Also, in Fallout 3, there is an area filled with normal trees (grown by a mutated tree-thing ) so your ideas aren't as far out as you think
    Not currently taking avatar requests.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, since cockroaches obviously are still around, should they have acquired sentience in the nuclear explosion? Seems to clearly be the next step to take.
    Last edited by Goblin Scribe; 2010-11-06 at 08:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Most people put that in their signature to show their skill at art. I put it in because the avatarists of the forum threatened to set fire to my home if it wasn't made clear.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe View Post
    So, since cockroaches obviously are still around, should they have acquired sentience in the nuclear explosion? Seems to clearly be the next step to take.
    I'm allowing for some crazy things, but that's a little bit much.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm gonna call dibs on any 9-type stitchpunks.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

We just need a starting scene for me to work up, with a vague goal, and then we can work from there. (Which is why I was asking the plot.)
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-11-06 at 08:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I'm gonna call dibs on any 9-type stitchpunks.

But I already had some artwork ready!

EDIT: But you can do the first comic!
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-11-06 at 09:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm allowing for some crazy things, but that's a little bit much.
    What if the cockroaches were being experimented on? Or they're ants, which are apparently the smartest insect in the world?
    I'm joking, by the way. I'm a goblin, but I'm not that nuts.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

HalfOrcPirate

We just need a starting scene for me to work up, with a vague goal, and then we can work from there. (Which is why I was asking the plot.)
    Like you said, with the apocalypse, you want resources. Now, if we can expand on this.
    An old supermarket, like your suggestion, maybe a pre-war military installation.
    I dunno, I'm not good with ideas.

I have no ideas for a starting scene, though.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Like you said, with the apocalypse, you want resources. Now, if we can expand on this.
    An old supermarket, like your suggestion, maybe a pre-war military installation.
    I dunno, I'm not good with ideas.

I have no ideas for a starting scene, though.
    I have an idea for a voiceover for a starting scene (or intro comic)
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Someone discovers leftover nukes? A mysterious disease? A Shrangri-La like legend of a pllace where the nukes never hit? Government remnants attempting a hostile takeover? 4kids Entertainment is still around?

That's the only plots I can think of
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    4kids Entertainment is still around?
    Worse, they are the only business left untouched. 4Kids now controls EVERYTHING.

I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Worse, they are the only business left untouched. 4Kids now controls EVERYTHING.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Don't scare me like that
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #110

So, if we're going to do a mini-plot with the stitchpunks, then maybe we could have that plot take place in underground tunnels or something?
    Also, how many stitchpunks should there be, and how long have they been around for?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    So, if we're going to do a mini-plot with the stitchpunks, then maybe we could have that plot take place in underground tunnels or something?
    Also, how many stitchpunks should there be, and how long have they been around for?
    The Scientist made his stitchpunks as the war was ending, among the last humans alive. Given that this is a nuclear winter, a similar situation would have the stitchpunks be around the entire time human survivors have been in the bunkers, perhaps made by a scientist who was too busy making them to notice the bunker alerts.

They've probably gone a bit batty or anti-social depending on their experiences as a result, likely having been isolated or in small groups for decades.

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    The Scientist made his stitchpunks as the war was ending, among the last humans alive. Given that this is a nuclear winter, a similar situation would have the stitchpunks be around the entire time human survivors have been in the bunkers, perhaps made by a scientist who was too busy making them to notice the bunker alerts.

They've probably gone a bit batty or anti-social depending on their experiences as a result, likely having been isolated or in small groups for decades.
    IDEA!
    What if the stitchpunks discovered how to build new stitchpunks! So there was like a big city underground of maybe 2000 or so?

Also, my character idea is a stitchpunk who obsessively collects anything that he sees that might be useful.

EDIT: I found two pages on stitchpunk reproduction and medicine. The reproduction page is very tame, by the way.
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-11-07 at 01:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

IDEA!
    What if the stitchpunks discovered how to build new stitchpunks! So there was like a big city underground of maybe 2000 or so?

Also, my character idea is a stitchpunk who obsessively collects anything that he sees that might be useful.

EDIT: I found two pages on stitchpunk reproduction and medicine. The reproduction page is very tame, by the way.
    Would you like to make a string of Kingdom Hearts character knockoffs with me?
    ____

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Would you like to make a string of Kingdom Hearts character knockoffs with me?
    You mean stitchpunk-style? Because that would be awesome.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Erh...

What's a stitchpunk?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Erh...

What's a stitchpunk?

They're from the movie 9, they're like little sentient electronic cloth dolls.
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-11-07 at 02:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

You mean stitchpunk-style? Because that would be awesome.
    I'm Marluxia and I'm going TO EAT YOU!
    ____

28. - Top - End - #118

I'm Marluxia and I'm going TO EAT YOU!
    That didn't answer my question. Stitchpunk or human?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

That didn't answer my question. Stitchpunk or human?
    Either way.
    ____

30. - Top - End - #120

Either way.
    I think that a stichpunk Organization 13 would be mindbogglingly awesome and badass (just imagine them fighting a mutant wolf, it would be as big as a city block to them ), but I don't think magic is allowed in the steampunk game, so no Zexion or Xemnas...
    EDIT: And I am currently working on a stitchpunk Saix who is an OCD collector.
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-11-07 at 03:39 PM.