New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Z- Zexion. Screw Xemnas.

Does Axel's fire count as magic in this world?
    ____

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Z- Zexion. Screw Xemnas.

Does Axel's fire count as magic in this world?
    You could probably throw in some technobabble about his inner mechanisms containing a special mechanism that creates liquid oxygen from the air that he breathes, and then the liquid oxygen is pumped down one arm with a pressurization system, where it is set on fire then sprayed out a metal tube. Basically, he'd have a flamethrower built into his arm.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

I feel so rusty working with inkscape now.
    ____

4. - Top - End - #124

Stichpunk Saix, AKA Seven:

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm so confused... where did my post-nuke world go? And why are there suddenly magic weapons and things? What happened to "Humans only"?
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-11-07 at 04:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    I'm so confused... where did my post-nuke world go?
    The stitchpunks are part of the post-nuke world. They were built by a human scientist to be a sentient species on the Earth if the humans died out or something.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    The stitchpunks are part of the post-nuke world. They were built by a human scientist to be a sentient species on the Earth if the humans died out or something.
    But didn't we say right at the beginning that there would be only humans in this plot as a sentient species?

8. - Top - End - #128

But didn't we say right at the beginning that there would be only humans in this plot as a sentient species?
    You did?
    Errr...
    Please can we have the stitchpunks as well? Pleeez?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

You did?
    Errr...
    Please can we have the stitchpunks as well? Pleeez?
    I've already disallowed fantasy races and sentient cockroaches. Because this is supposed to be about humans. Not only that, but people are giving themselves magical weapons.

It's pretty much the only set of groundrules I established, and everyone's trying to break them

10. - Top - End - #130

I've already disallowed fantasy races and sentient cockroaches. Because this is supposed to be about humans. Not only that, but people are giving themselves magical weapons.

It's pretty much the only set of groundrules I established, and everyone's trying to break them
    Magical weapons how? The flamethrower is rooted in science that would actually work!
    EDIT: Wait, is that what you meant or not?

And I know about the ground rules, but I think it would add another level of awesomenss (oh, and depth as well) to the story if there were stitchpunks. Because stichpunks are awesome.
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-11-07 at 04:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Magical weapons how? The flamethrower is rooted in science that would actually work!

And I know about the ground rules, but I think it would add another level of awesomenss (oh, and depth as well) to the story if there were stitchpunks. Because stichpunks are awesome.
    It's magic, you're using the tech to explain away a magical weapon so you can get around the 'no magic' rule to use it.

I don't see how adding "stitchpunks" would do anything but lose depth. This is about humans trying to survive in a post apocalyptic tundra, many of which have gone bonkers from having to survive. Adding Stitchpunks changes the entire theme of the setting.

12. - Top - End - #132

It's magic, you're using the tech to explain away a magical weapon so you can get around the 'no magic' rule to use it.

I don't see how adding "stitchpunks" would do anything but lose depth. This is about humans trying to survive in a post apocalyptic tundra, many of which have gone bonkers from having to survive. Adding Stitchpunks changes the entire theme of the setting.
    Okay then, in that case we don't have to have the "magical" flamethrower, because it's your setting.
    EDIT: I hope that you allow the stitchpunks though...

And it would add depth because there would be two levels of the story going on, the humans trying to survive the environment, and the stitchpunks trying to survive the wild animals (which, in their opinion, includes the humans).
    See? Depth!
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-11-07 at 04:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133

I have to agree with Bright on this one....
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I have to agree with Bright on this one....
    But the stitchpunks wouldn't take anything away from the human plotline, it would just be a kind of mini-plot.
    EDIT: Or maybe we could just make a different post-apocalyptic world and have the stitchpunks live there. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Zexion; 2010-11-07 at 05:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

It loses depth and distracts from the plot.

For instance, the plot as it stands is about the struggle of humans to survive, battling human nature, embracing it, or going insane. It's about human interaction in a post-nuclear world where society is gone. The reason there are no other races is because they're an excuse to avoid giving someone good character and explaining it away with "They're an elf". Everyone has their reasons for what they do, and that's what I hope this will be about at its core, even if not all the characters are serious (and I hope they aren't!).

It's not about Stichpunk Organisation Thirteen fighting mutated rats.

16. - Top - End - #136

It loses depth and distracts from the plot.

For instance, the plot as it stands is about the struggle of humans to survive, battling human nature, embracing it, or going insane. It's about human interaction in a post-nuclear world where society is gone. The reason there are no other races is because they're an excuse to avoid giving someone good character and explaining it away with "They're an elf". Everyone has their reasons for what they do, and that's what I hope this will be about at its core, even if not all the characters are serious (and I hope they aren't!).
    That makes sense.
    It's not about Stichpunk Organisation Thirteen fighting mutated rats.
    Fair enough. So what about if we had the macro-scale humans-trying-to-survive plot, and a micro-scale stitchpunks-awakening-and-trying-to-survive-on-a-different-scale plot? The stitchpunks would basically be tiny humans, with no special abilities that you haven't approved.
    (This is called the "compromising" stage. )

17. - Top - End - #137

EDIT: Or maybe we could just make a different post-apocalyptic world and have the stitchpunks live there. *shrugs*
    You could make post-cataclysm FFF plot during the dark ages about this, but we already have plenty of active plots and I don't think we have enough people to run them all at once....

Fair enough. So what about if we had the macro-scale humans-trying-to-survive plot, and a micro-scale stitchpunks-awakening-and-trying-to-survive-on-a-different-scale plot? The stitchpunks would basically be tiny humans, with no special abilities that you haven't approved.
    (This is called the "compromising" stage. )
    I fail to understand how this compromise deviates from what you suggested earlier....it's still going to be heavily distracting mini-plot about stitchpunks....

Please just stray away from any stitchpunks, mechas, robots, golemoids, or sentient constructs and make an insane human being like everybody else....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2010-11-07 at 05:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

I fail to understand how this compromise deviates from what you suggested earlier....it's still going to be heavily distracting mini-plot about stitchpunks....
    No, it wouldn't be, because it would be a tale of survival against the elements instead of a bunch of cloth dolls beating up radiated mice.
    Please just stray away from any stitchpunks, mechas, robots, golemoids, or sentient constructs and make an insane human being like everybody else....
    I would like to take this time to point out that only with stitchpunks or other small people can you make an working elevator out of a retractable dog leash.
    Thank you.

19. - Top - End - #139

No, it wouldn't be, because it would be a tale of survival against the elements instead of a bunch of cloth dolls beating up radiated mice.

I would like to take this time to point out that only with stitchpunks or other small people can you make an working elevator out of a retractable dog leash.
    Thank you.
    You're missing the point, they are just out of place in this plot....
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

You're missing the point, they are just out of place in this plot....
    Fair enough... I guess.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Yo Zexy.

The cloak was a whole lot darker on my other computer. I'mma make more later.
    ____

22. - Top - End - #142

Yo Zexy.
    -snip-

You have been paying attention to the discussion what with the no magic and stuff, right?
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    You have been paying attention to the discussion what with the no magic and stuff, right?
    You did notice he looks nothing like a burlap sack and I never mentioned he was going to be in the new plot, right? /sarcasm

Also, "The server is too busy at the moment"
    ____

24. - Top - End - #144

You did notice he looks nothing like a burlap sack and I never mentioned he was going to be in the new plot, right? /sarcasm

Also, "The server is too busy at the moment"
    Well, you and Zexy were talking about the two ideas at the same time, so I figured they correlated.

And yeah, it's been happening a lot lately, the mods are trying to figure it out.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

25. - Top - End - #145

Yo Zexy.

That. Is. So. Awesome.
    Can it be my new avatar? Please?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

That. Is. So. Awesome.
    Can it be my new avatar? Please?
    No. Yah sure totaly!
    ____

27. - Top - End - #147

HalfOrcPirate

Hrm. Darklord, have you worked out an opening scene for the characters yet? I have a small faction in mind, but I have no idea what to do with them.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

28. - Top - End - #148

No. Yah sure totaly!
    Thank you very much, but could you turn all the blue stuff to a more bluish-purple color, if it's not too much trouble? And make the cloak darker?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

I just finished Demyx and i'm moving on to Larxene.
    ____

30. - Top - End - #150

I've made a start on something for this, still not 100% certain on details (such as character name and why he's stuck out in a cave) but I'll get there eventually:

Spoiler
    Show

How long after the nuclear holocaust are we setting it? A few years or a few centuries?

Edit: is it just me, or is his head too big?
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2010-11-08 at 07:34 AM.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...