New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Are you sure the word can't mean more than one thing? I was pretty sure that cells mutate quite often (otherwise we wouldn't develop new traits no matter what since we would have only what our ancestors had, considering my hair colour appeared out of nowhere a good deal of millenia ago I sincerely doubt it ) and that metamorphosis was basically puberty but faster and with a fancier name.

But I might be wrong
    your eventual hair color was pre-programmed in your genes, if none of your parents or other ancestors hadf it you might be a mutant. If your genes are changed after your birth not much would happen to you, except maybe regenerative tissue looks a bit different after healing or you get a tumor. It could also cause a change of hair color over time, but to change your genetic code once you are developed is something incredibly improbable. Especialy if it were for more than just a few cells. And even if it happened you wouldn't be a mutant, because science said so.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2010-11-09 at 05:08 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Ok, i didn't read comics much as a kid, so someone help me out here: Who's the magic guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    ABR Corps

Spoiler
    Show
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

That's Captain Marvel/Shazam.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    your eventual hair color was pre-programmed in your genes, if none of your parents or other ancestors hadf it you might be a mutant. If your genes are changed after your birth not much would happen to you, except maybe regenerative tissue looks a bit different after healing or you get a tumor. It could also cause a change of hair color over time, but to change your genetic code once you are developed is something incredibly improbable. Especialy if it were for more than just a few cells. And even if it happened you wouldn't be a mutant, because science said so.
    I'm pretty sure I read that blond hair (AKA 'my hair colour') appeared somewhere between the first appearance of Homo Sapiens Sapiens and now

Illustrated Science* lied to me!

By the way, isn't most of our cells replaced over seven years? Besides, something must change if radiation can cause following generations to be mutants... Or is that just me being a teenager with little knowledge of advanced biology?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ok, i didn't read comics much as a kid, so someone help me out here: Who's the magic guy?
    I don't know his name here but he is a parody of Captain Marvel.

He is a little kid transformed into an adult superhero by the phrase ZHAZAM! which makes a lightning bolt that transform him but hurt others (even Superman, who is rather weak against magic)

Also known as the one who is a bigger boyscout than Superman.

*That's a magazine about science.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

He's a hero known as Captan Marvel, who shouts 'Shazam' when he uses his powers

EDIT: Damn you ninja!
    Last edited by Bradakhan; 2010-11-10 at 03:22 AM.
    Not currently taking avatar requests.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Of course it's not. He's called Captain Spectacle/Alakazam.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    The original comicbook series is called Zhazam because of copyright issues with DC between DC and Marvel, the character himself has never been called it.

And now you know!
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-11-10 at 09:32 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure I read that blond hair (AKA 'my hair colour') appeared somewhere between the first appearance of Homo Sapiens Sapiens and now

Illustrated Science* lied to me!

By the way, isn't most of our cells replaced over seven years? Besides, something must change if radiation can cause following generations to be mutants... Or is that just me being a teenager with little knowledge of advanced biology?
    What changes are you reproductive cells, which are constantly regenerated and easy to corrupt by radiation.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

What changes are you reproductive cells, which are constantly regenerated and easy to corrupt by radiation.
    Well, if those can be changed then in theory the rest of you could as well (needs more radiation, though) it would just take those seven years for the changes to evolve. Right?

Which means Spiderman was changed several years before the spider bit him! That explains everything!

I must tell the people! *Runs outside, yelling incoherently*
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if those can be changed then in theory the rest of you could as well (needs more radiation, though) it would just take those seven years for the changes to evolve. Right?

Which means Spiderman was changed several years before the spider bit him! That explains everything!

I must tell the people! *Runs outside, yelling incoherently*
    An alternate theory is that he's mutating into a spider and has yet to get to the part where he shrinks Pretty sure there's an episode or comic where he grows four extra arms

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

An alternate theory is that he's mutating into a spider and has yet to get to the part where he shrinks Pretty sure there's an episode or comic where he grows four extra arms
    Two extra arms, and mutates into a giant spider creature as well.

An alternate version of Spidey that was not cured and actually changed his costume to fit the extra arms appeared in the episode about Madame Web's origin.

I love that show, it was the second best thing on Danish television when I was a kid (OK, a younger kid )
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, most of your body does get renewed. That's why we all die eventually. So even if you changed the genetic code in every single one of them, nothing would really change.

An alternate theory is that he's metamorphing into a spider and has yet to get to the part where he shrinks Pretty sure there's an episode or comic where he grows four extra arms
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2010-11-10 at 05:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nope, most of your body does get renewed. That's why we all die eventually. So even if you changed the genetic code in every single one of them, nothing would really change.

Fixed.
    What if it started when he was in the fetus, and part of the mutation is this his body structure is prone to warping?
    *Has no clue what he is talking about*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblins chew and goblins bite,
    Goblins cut and goblins fight,
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!

Chase the baby, catch the pup!
    Bonk the head to shut it up!
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe
    Most people put that in their signature to show their skill at art. I put it in because the avatarists of the forum threatened to set fire to my home if it wasn't made clear.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by master ranger View Post
    ABR corps
    Spoiler
    Show

MR know what happened to Arachniddude
    Errr, here's the thing, Master Ranger. I support your, and everybody else's, right to make whatever comics they want for this plot.

But one thing that's not recommended, for ANYBODY, is revealing where the rings (of any colour) came from. It's not that you can't do it, per se, it's just heavily frowned upon by me.

So I don't want your character saying "oh! NOT again!" because he knows what the black ring business is about. Have your character say that line for some entirely unrelated reason, instead. I'll leave the justification to your judgement, but I just wanted to give you a heads up about my little guideline I preferred everybody follow.

Also, a related topic, your comic making has improved, but here's another piece of friendly advice: comics are better when they are...longer than one panel. And show an event that contributes to the story in some way. Just making one panel saying "oh! NOT again!" with your character alone probably isn't going to be acknowledged by any other comic makers.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-11-10 at 10:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, what's happenin'?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    We've seen Ketham's thought process when he's serious. Figured i'd show what happens when he isn't paying attention.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

I'm as confused as anybody for the most recent couple of comics, but what's supposed to be going on is an epic battle against the Team of Super Hero expys.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I don't want your character saying "oh! NOT again!" because he knows what the black ring business is about. Have your character say that line for some entirely unrelated reason, instead. I'll leave the justification to your judgement, but I just wanted to give you a heads up about my little guideline I preferred everybody follow.
    Oh, Ok...

Now I know what happend to Arachnid Dude...
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I'm as confused as anybody for the most recent couple of comics, but what's supposed to be going on is an epic battle against the Team of Super Hero expys.
    Be assured I will be contributing to keep the focus on that battle.

Unless Buberine is take out, then I will contribute to the focus changing to a Baseball Zero-G Ball match
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe View Post
    What if it started when he was in the fetus, and part of the mutation is this his body structure is prone to warping?
    *Has no clue what he is talking about*
    Usually a mutation doesn't become obvious before fetal stage. If a change actually happened to the stem cell dna after conception that would be called an octopus baby, I guess.

ABR Corps:
    EXISTENCE ACKNOWLEDGED
    Spoiler
    Show
    Woah, thanks Brighty, that ventilated some of my urge to so something hideously mean again.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2010-11-11 at 01:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Usually a mutation doesn't become obvious before fetal stage. If a change actually happened to the stem cell dna after conception that would be called an octopus baby, I guess.
    Octupus baby? O_o

I say we make that the new name for fictional mutants, it is too hilarious to pass up
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

So I was reading through "We all live in a Yellow Citadel" again. Lots of fun to be had by all.

I stumbled across my old Bright comics. There was such an innocence about them that I miss in ABR as it stands, from before I got dragged up in all this argument nonsense.

So I set about trying to figure out what it was I loved about them so much, and ended up making a... spiritual successor, if you will, to the original Darklord Bright.

But I find myself unsure of how to proceed.

Spoiler
    Show

And what would I do with him anyways?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

So I was reading through "We all live in a Yellow Citadel" again. Lots of fun to be had by all.

I stumbled across my old Bright comics. There was such an innocence about them that I miss in ABR as it stands, from before I got dragged up in all this argument nonsense.

So I set about trying to figure out what it was I loved about them so much, and ended up making a... spiritual successor, if you will, to the original Darklord Bright.

But I find myself unsure of how to proceed.

Spoiler
    Show

And what would I do with him anyways?

Yeah. Things were better back before FFF ended. A lot less serious.

*nostalgia*

My recommendation for the character? The spiritual successor to the original, fun, cute Darklord Bright? Either save him for when FFFR gets another burst of life, or incorperate him into ABR Corps somehow (he doesn't even really have to be a Lantern, if you don't want, though it's preferred).

I don't want to toot my own plot or anything, but I'm nostalgic about the good ol days of ABR as well and a big part of ABR Corps is that I'm trying to recapture that spontaneity and fun.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-11-11 at 08:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

*nostalgia*

My recommendation for the character? The spiritual successor to the original, fun, cute Darklord Bright? Either save him for when FFFR gets another burst of life, or incorperate him into ABR Corps somehow (he doesn't even really have to be a Lantern, if you don't want, though it's preferred).

I don't want to toot my own plot or anything, but I'm nostalgic about the good ol days of ABR as well and a big part of ABR Corps is that I'm trying to recapture that spontaneity and fun.
    Well, I may as well. Probably not making him a lantern, but I'm working on the second intro comic to bring him into the fight anyhow.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I may as well. Probably not making him a lantern, but I'm working on the second intro comic to bring him into the fight anyhow.
    Cool.

Also, I'm working on an EW comic. It's taking a little longer than I thought it would because I'm making it slight more detailed than usual comics (I'm not changing the art style or anything. Just paying slightly more attention to detail when it comes to the background).
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Explosions in space are clearly caused by Cthulhu.

As for the sound, a wizard did it.

An invisible space wizard.

Called Cthulhu.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Just came in here just to say,

"Darklord Bright, you ROCK!!"

I loved what you did in the ABRCorps. Not only is it really great that detailed, but the villian and his minons are already well characterized, on only the second comic! Your comic actually wants me to try joining ABRCorps as well and make a character under your character's command. Would it work out?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Brightie. You are awesome.

Wish I could draw something that was just a tenth as good as that, unfortunately that's very difficult unless I actually spend money on a good art program.

I might actually make a comic one of the days, but homework will likely take up half my free time (The other half being taken up by watching cartoons older than me )
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Less talk about the details, more conversion of those details into your styles for MASSIVE COMICRY.

YEEEEAAHHHH

Edit: You know what's fun? Adding details to other people's characters when I convert them into my style. Cause I have to, you know? To keep my characters from looking weirdly detailed compared to others? This also means I have to sometimes interpret things purposely in a different way just to add detail to their templates...

Only have one template made so far, I'm making them in the order they're introduced...

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-11-12 at 02:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

*nostalgia*

My recommendation for the character? The spiritual successor to the original, fun, cute Darklord Bright? Either save him for when FFFR gets another burst of life, or incorperate him into ABR Corps somehow (he doesn't even really have to be a Lantern, if you don't want, though it's preferred). ..
    Um...not to be accusatorisational, but didn't you tell me I pretty much had to play a Lantern to enter your plot?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblins chew and goblins bite,
    Goblins cut and goblins fight,
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!

Chase the baby, catch the pup!
    Bonk the head to shut it up!
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe
    Most people put that in their signature to show their skill at art. I put it in because the avatarists of the forum threatened to set fire to my home if it wasn't made clear.