New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe View Post
    Um...not to be accusatorisational, but didn't you tell me I pretty much had to play a Lantern to enter your plot?
    No, he just put a lot more emphasis on preferring lanterns in your case.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2010-11-12 at 03:15 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Edit: You know what's fun? Adding details to other people's characters when I convert them into my style. Cause I have to, you know? To keep my characters from looking weirdly detailed compared to others? This also means I have to sometimes interpret things purposely in a different way just to add detail to their templates...

Only have one template made so far, I'm making them in the order they're introduced...
    Great work mate

Just want you to know that I can't wait for you to do Grlump in your style...

Can I request an avatar sized version as well for personal use if it's not too much to ask...
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Um...not to be accusatorisational, but didn't you tell me I pretty much had to play a Lantern to enter your plot?
    Well, yes I did. I also said that I would accept any comics made for ABR Corps as canon, so you could basically do whatever you want. But I would prefer a Lantern.

The only reasons I said that Darklord Bright didn't have to make his character a Lantern was because A) He already HAS a lantern character, B) he said once he found the lanterns boring and C) He's Darklord Bright! He could make any character awesome, and with his description of a "classic" Darklord Bright, I didn't want him to compromise his idea! Lastly, D) He's DARKLORD BRIGHT. I would have said ANYTHING to get him to join my plot! He's that awesome!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-11-12 at 09:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Shirt Q View Post
    Well, yes I did. I also said that I would accept any comics made for ABR Corps as canon, so you could basically do whatever you want. But I would prefer a Lantern.

The only reasons I said that Darklord Bright didn't have to make his character a Lantern was because A) He already HAS a lantern character, B) he said once he found the lanterns boring and C) He's Darklord Bright! He could make any character awesome, and with his description of a "classic" Darklord Bright, I didn't want him to compromise his idea! Lastly, D) He's DARKLORD BRIGHT. I would have said ANYTHING to get him to join my plot! He's that awesome!
    So....in short, you think I fail, and that DLB fails less, and you want to get him in your plot more than you want me to get in it. IS THAT RIGHT?! FAVOURITISM?! GO TO HELL, Q!

*Ahem* Sorry, forgot my crazy meds. That joke was a lot funnier in my head. I perfectly understand your reasoning, and though I will coldly plot your death, it's nothing personal. I'm doing that to everybody here.

Oops. Um, something shiny! Over there! *Flees*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblins chew and goblins bite,
    Goblins cut and goblins fight,
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!

Chase the baby, catch the pup!
    Bonk the head to shut it up!
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe
    Most people put that in their signature to show their skill at art. I put it in because the avatarists of the forum threatened to set fire to my home if it wasn't made clear.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

So....in short, you think I fail, and that DLB fails less, and you want to get him in your plot more than you want me to get in it. IS THAT RIGHT?! FAVOURITISM?! GO TO HELL, Q!

*Ahem* Sorry, forgot my crazy meds. That joke was a lot funnier in my head. I perfectly understand your reasoning, and though I will coldly plot your death, it's nothing personal. I'm doing that to everybody here.

I haven't been on this particular forum for very long, but i gotta say that on the ones I have, "old players" (for lack of a better phrase) always develop favoritism for each other, particularly if they like each other's work.

DB's art style, while odd given the forum, is very good and he has been in ABR before. I dunno about his characterization skills but judging from the first two comics he's made for ABRC it's nothing to scoff at.

I'm not saying you aren't good too. But DB would be a more... i guess the word would be predictable? Stable? ... element to the story.

Also: If you're plotting my death, can you wait on mine until i play ME3? That game is my current reason for pushing forward.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I haven't been on this particular forum for very long, but i gotta say that on the ones I have, "old players" (for lack of a better phrase) always develop favoritism for each other, particularly if they like each other's work.

DB's art style, while odd given the forum, is very good and he has been in ABR before. I dunno about his characterization skills but judging from the first two comics he's made for ABRC it's nothing to scoff at.

I'm not saying you aren't good too. But DB would be a more... i guess the word would be predictable? Stable? ... element to the story.

Also: If you're plotting my death, can you wait on mine until i play ME3? That game is my current reason for pushing forward.
    Tell you what. Give me the game when you're done and I'll let you play it twice. Now if you'll excuse me, my genius plan involving a duck and a rather unsafe amount of dynamite is about to enter Stage O--
    *From far off, an explosion, and a thunderous honk*

Geese...ducks....who can tell the difference, anyways? *Runs off*
    Last edited by Goblin Scribe; 2010-11-13 at 02:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblins chew and goblins bite,
    Goblins cut and goblins fight,
    Stab the dog and cut the horse,
    Goblins eat and take by force!

Chase the baby, catch the pup!
    Bonk the head to shut it up!
    Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
    We be goblins! You be food!

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Scribe
    Most people put that in their signature to show their skill at art. I put it in because the avatarists of the forum threatened to set fire to my home if it wasn't made clear.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Well, yes it's favouritism. But you know what, prove that your characterization skills, your story telling skills, and your artwork are second to none with one of the most, if the THE greatest, awesome fancomics ever made and then we'll talk about increased character privileges.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-11-13 at 07:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Those are terrible justifications.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Are they, T-O-E? Are they?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    Are they, T-O-E? Are they?
    When you put them that way, yes.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

When you put them that way, yes.
    ...What, really? How?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

...What, really? How?
    Meh. A and B are fine. C is a bit questionable but mostly ok, and D sounds like you basically said 'just cuz'

But honestly i was just... i think the term is 'playing devil's advocate'? Where you oppose the person just to demonstrate a separate opinion, not because you necessarily believe the new opinion?

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

(NO SERVER YOU ARE NOT BUSY STOP LYING TO ME)

Ahem.

Anyway, what was I gonna say?

Oh yeah, Bright.

Well, first of all I think the comics he made already speak for themselves in terms of allowing a non-Lantern character.

Now, Goblin Scribe (Who I am just meeting now, I believe. Hello!), I'm sure you could have made a similarly non-Lantern character, if you had really wanted. ABR is not a dictatorship and no-one gets a final say on anything. (Unless the mods show up and say someth- {kpenguin only counts when he posts in red, shut up} -ing)
    However, a Lantern character is both easier, already firmly established in the setting and a fairly broad array of characters could become Lanterns. The need to have a non-Lantern character in this Lantern-based game should be...
    Negligible.

Now, Bright over there is an experienced comic maker, and has been in ABR for quite a while, true.
    This is not why people are so quick to allow him into their plots.

Take a look at his characters.
    Any one of them will do.
    Find one, bring it up front and show it off.

You see, DLB's sense of humour, coupled with a great understanding of how to make a character act and feel real, are well documented.
    Essentially, we know he can take an outlandish or weird character concept and make it work in almost any situation. He really is brilliant.

(And, because he's probably reading this and swelling up his ego, I'm going to point out that Canada sucks. )

For instance, he once played a character who could not speak. At all.
    I cannot imagine the restraint it took not to have at least a thought bubble of words, or some other form of communication other than frantic waving of the arms.

The point is, nobody's doling out favouritism here.
    The idea of Darklord Bright (the character, not the person) being made for this new plot is just terribly exciting.

I for one can't wait to watch the hilarity ensue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Well, first of all I think the comics he made already speak for themselves in terms of allowing a non-Lantern character.

Now, Goblin Scribe (Who I am just meeting now, I believe. Hello!), I'm sure you could have made a similarly non-Lantern character, if you had really wanted. ABR is not a dictatorship and no-one gets a final say on anything. (Unless the mods show up and say someth- {kpenguin only counts when he posts in red, shut up} -ing)
    However, a Lantern character is both easier, already firmly established in the setting and a fairly broad array of characters could become Lanterns. The need to have a non-Lantern character in this Lantern-based game should be...
    Negligible.

Now, Bright over there is an experienced comic maker, and has been in ABR for quite a while, true.
    This is not why people are so quick to allow him into their plots.

Take a look at his characters.
    Any one of them will do.
    Find one, bring it up front and show it off.

You see, DLB's sense of humour, coupled with a great understanding of how to make a character act and feel real, are well documented.
    Essentially, we know he can take an outlandish or weird character concept and make it work in almost any situation. He really is brilliant.

(And, because he's probably reading this and swelling up his ego, I'm going to point out that Canada sucks. )

For instance, he once played a character who could not speak. At all.
    I cannot imagine the restraint it took not to have at least a thought bubble of words, or some other form of communication other than frantic waving of the arms.

The point is, nobody's doling out favouritism here.
    The idea of Darklord Bright (the character, not the person) being made for this new plot is just terribly exciting.

I for one can't wait to watch the hilarity ensue.
    Perfect explanation is perfect. Though Canada DOESN'T SUCK!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-11-13 at 11:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

That video says otherwise! And it is clearly correct.

...Also New Zealand is just Australia for sissies who don't want to die.
    Which, to be fair, sounds pretty appealing. =P
    But fine, only the French parts of Canada suck.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Sacré bleu!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Zere's no canada,
    like french canada,
    it's the best canada in the land!
    and the other canada
    is a (couldn't hear the word here) canada
    if you lived here for a day you'd understand =D

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Don't trust anybody with enough sanity to put together a video.

Or Lord of the Rings fans.
    Jingle bells, jingle bells...
    French Canada is the best part, they have the funny rules and names, English Canada only have maple syrup.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

In less completely off-topic news...

Spoiler
    Show

I don't care if no-one else will, I want to make an EW comic!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'm making an EW comic!

It's just taking longer than I expected because I busy applying for a job and doing homework.

But yeah. I'll eventually join the plot, too.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

I'm making an ABRC comic with one of the worst puns ever devised and a rather blatant reference.

So yeah, you know it's crap

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #232

I'm making an ABRC comic with one of the worst puns ever devised and a rather blatant reference.

So yeah, you know it's crap
    Man, I used to play Artix Entertainment games, bad puns have absolutely no affect on me any more.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Man, I used to play Artix Entertainment games, bad puns have absolutely no affect on me any more.
    The only thing helping this one out is that the character doesn't realize it's a pun.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXXIV - "Go Go Power Lanters!"

Spoiler
    Show

Oi! I am procrastinating (Or however you spell it) about making a comic.

I would be making one if I hadn't gotten two new Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy games and some mangas.

At least that's the story I'm sticking to
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Less praise, moar comicry!

Although the praise is nice.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2010-11-13 at 05:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

I love DB's last comic... I giggled.
    ____

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    procrastinating (Or however you spell it)
    Procrastinating is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    Less praise, moar comicry!

Although the praise is nice.
    What praise? Nobody's praising anybody. Get back to making comics.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

Well, I've done it, I've got an idea for an EW comic...

Still don't have a name for my protagonist yet...
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    Well, I've done it, I've got an idea for an EW comic...

Still don't have a name for my protagonist yet...
    'The Elder'

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

I also have an idea for an ew comic but i'm too lazy to make it.