New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic XII Part 2

Since this seems inevitable, let me just leave this here.

Hugh Mann's Barber Emporium now stands closed and boarded up, and Hugh sits inside writing his will. Business has been good in a town where several members of the population had to get a shave every single day, and Hugh had a lot of money, and he had plans for it. Luckily, the package he was waiting for had recently come, he had paid much to have it hand delivered in these dark times.

"To my esteemed friends in the Colony, (by that I mean all those who are responsible for my death and those not directly involved), I leave the contents of the large package in my emporium. It is a portrait of me in a not so subtle (and highly lewd) pose with all my riches (which by the by none of you will ever see hide nor hair of). They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I hope this is so, but really only two words repeated five hundred times. The second of those words is "you," and since you all are soon to be murdering me, I hope you can guess the other."
    Last edited by Rogue Nine; 2010-12-02 at 04:20 PM.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zanshin why do you have a feeling about me? Is it because I am typically at work all the time and only appear long enough to point? Is it because I called out my distrust in Alarra before we finally lynched her? Is it because I'm Kyrian, God of War...

[Player]"Kyrian, we've been over this, you aren't God here..."[/Player]

...wait...what? How? Why? STOP SIGNING WAIVERS FOR ME!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    Is it because I am typically at work all the time and only appear long enough to point?
    That's it exactly. That's why TFT was lynched too.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lex! Stop picking on madeye

5. - Top - End - #275
    Mtheminja
    Guest in the Playground

Zanshin, for being really the only person standing out in a negative way. Besides, the 'hide nor hair' line is rather too good not to go along with.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mtheminja View Post
    Zanshin, for being really the only person standing out in a negative way. Besides, the 'hide nor hair' line is rather too good not to go along with.
    Curse my perspicacity with wordsmithery!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Wait, I just spotted this name - Hugh Mann? Was there really someone named that? It seems rather implausible. Unless he had rather strange parents."
    "Well, it seems doubtful that a werewolf would choose such a ridiculous pseudonym - besides which, why would they need one, as they were human to begin with? I've seen no suggestion anywhere in the papers we've exained that lycanthropy would cause memory loss, necessitating the choice of a new name."
    "It's highly peculiar, though. The chances of someone having such a name, and then winding up in a situation such as this, must be minute."
    "He was apparently a rather eccentric barber. It appears that on the 18th day of the crisis, his last customer had been waiting outside his shop for 2 days straight for a haircut, and after it he was completely unrecognisable. Almost as though he was a different person entirely."
    "Most singular."
    "And - ah! It appears the barber was lynched that day as well. A rather insulting letter was found in his shop, along with a highly inappropriate painting. As such, even had he not turned out to be a lycanthrope, I imagine resentment would have covered most remorse."

Summary: Zanshin was lynched. He was a Werewolf. With very strange parents.
    Logarr was autolynched. He will be replaced by Andre Fairchilde.
    Night 18 begins now and ends some time after I get back from the UKitP Meetup.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-12-03 at 08:24 AM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

I'm almost beginning to wonder why we needed a Seer.
    Last edited by razovor; 2010-12-03 at 08:15 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

As he approaches the Town, his horse approaches a body in the road.

Logarr lies dead, and nearly forgotten.

"Hmm. My kind of town."
    They pause briefly, and then move on. Tied to the horse's pommel is a rope that leads three mules, all overloaded with supplies. This train meanders through the town - to approach a desolate, abandoned building - whose windows and door are boarded over.

The building was a tavern, the hint of wolves urine and blood still gently in the air. The building hints of slaughter, revenge, defiance, loss, poker, and ultimately - both great victory and terrible tragedy.

The man ties the horse and all three mules to the front hitch -which he notices is broken - and begins to look through the supplies of the mules.

He quickly finds three things he is looking for.

First is a long case, about five feet long by one foot and a depth of 8 inches. It is a deep blue with gold trimmings. It is latched but not locked.

It contains his Rapiers and Pistols - Fortune and Providence, Opportunty and Initiative. It also contains his powders, cap and ball.

The second item he is seeking is a crowbar, the third is a hammer.

He takes the crowbar to the door and hurridly, violently removes the wood boarding from the frame.

He returns to the mule, finds a lantern, some paint, a brush, and a tinderbox.

Lighting the lantern, he sets it inside the dark and musty tavern.

Next he takes the board and paints on the sign.

He waves to some of the new townspeople as they mill around him. They have a right to be curious, and suspicious.

He begins to use the hammer to place the sign in front of the tavern - it reads:

Wolves Bane
    Now open for business
    Tabs run and tabulated
    Poker played
    Dancers wanted
    Sins provided

Weapons not checked at the door

24 Hours of service
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2010-12-03 at 11:53 AM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post

Wolves Bane
    Now open for business
    Tabs run and tabulated
    Poker played
    Dancers wanted
    Sins provided

Weapons not checked at the door

24 Hours of service
    Oh yeah, I think I'm gonna like this guy
    Last edited by Julian84; 2010-12-03 at 03:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

Only open 24 hours? I once went to a tavern that was open 72 hours a day, 18 days a week, and 720 days a year...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Do you have any idea how much that sort of establishment costs!

It's not simply a matter of multiplying everything by three!

Time distortion fields, reality manipulators, and don't get me started on the outrageous fees the 'time agents' are charging these days!
    Last edited by razovor; 2010-12-03 at 06:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Report:
    Sir, I found this message from my colleague. Although it is addressed specifically to me, it is a touching missive, which thought you might wish to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange message:
    My friend, I have followed on after the others. Grieve not for me - rather I will grieve for you, who are left behind. It is strange how out here, the division falls away. Oh, we support our own, but the impact is gone, and we happily sit and play games together, bonded rather than repulsed by our shared experiences. I do not as yet fully understand the rules of these games, but I am certain I shall learn. I have time, after all. This will last, and I shall not be compelled to depart this good company, but rather we will sit and play at cards, dice, and board games, and when of that we tire we shall tell stories of the most fantastical deriving, or simply sit, watch what we may see, and talk and talk as good friends do.
    I have but a short span here, grudgingly granted, for I wished to bid you a true farewell, rather than to quietly slip away with these words unsaid. I am sorry to leave you, my friend, but we shall see each other again, anon and betimes, as I now reckon time, if not how you do. Keep faith with us, and keep our comrades united against the enemy.
    Farewell, and we shall watch over thee.
    Summary: Uber-Gam3r was killed. He was a Mason.
    Day 19 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.
    At risk of autolynch:

Griever
    Tydude
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

*Cough* *Cough*

My end was so unforeseen! Oh woe and heartbreak, I'm sure I would be missed, had I simply been more active!

Oh pain... Oh A-goh-NEEEE!

*ded*

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. He certainly didn't die quietly, did he. What do you say to that, MadeyeGeorge?

And the only reason I point at him is.... I'm not in any network, so I'll stick to the one person I hav suspected for a while now.

Give me a good reason to point elsewhere, and I will. Unless, of course, by the time I get a good reason, s/he's already got a big bandwagon against them. Then why change?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Ok, a little confused here with all the autolynches. We've You've lynched 10 wolves? Did I count that right?

What was the starting number of players?

Never mind - 54. And about 25% of 54 would be around 12/13 and probably a Devil.

I'm trying to figure out how many wolves might be left.

2/14 or 3/14?)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2010-12-06 at 10:31 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mtheminja to avoid the auto.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

A point at Andre Fairchild to welcome our new barkeep!

...And also because Logarr was a quiet, unassuming sort who did not seem to be with the village agenda (of killing itself slowly).
    Last edited by Ghanz Nmi; 2010-12-08 at 09:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289

OldWizardGuy

Looking back I found that Internet Flea had asked me during Night 9 for a list of people I found suspicous. I sent him a reply but then did not bother to resend it after he died that day and I don't know whether he sent it to the mason and seer group but here is the message with dead peoples roles added:

Looking through my table these are the possible suspicous people

Bruntonspall ((Villager, NK)) - made a mistake with the lynch vote yesterday, either knowing that MattK was a wolf or just unlucky. If he was a villager then he was perfectly correct with his reasoning.

Griever - chose to abstain today ((Day 9)) after voting randomly at first (pointing at Tasroth). Why would he do that when he could have just stuck with his vote?

Grlump the Elder (replacing Castaras) - during the seer days she stayed off all the wagons, especially those of the wolves.

Madeyegeorge - He pointed at the seer claim that was backed up by the mason group after the focus was to stop the wagon. Why?

Ghanz Nmi, Helgraf ((Villager, Autoed)), Madeyegeorge, TheBushranger ((Villager, NK)) and TheBritish ((Villager, Autoed)) all voted for Murska and then did not remove the vote to someone else. Inactive after the claim or wolves trying to lynch the seer?

MtheMinja - stayed on the Horoar wagon when the wagon switched to the final Imperial Psycho wagon.

Billtodamax ((Villager, Autoed)), Bruntonspall ((Villager, Autoed)), Leta - all did not vote during either Day 4 or Day 5 when the wolves missed their kill.

UberGamer ((Mason, NK)), The Cyberwolf - tried to vote in the night phase in thread N4 a wolf mistake?

Posted when the wolves missed a night: Julian84 ((Mason, NK)), Gray Mage ((Wolf, Lynched)), Razovor ((Mason, Lynched)), Horoar ((Villager, NK)), VampireRot((Villager, Lynched before then)), Orangeban ((Wolf, Lynched)), Ramsus ((Fool, NK)), Lex-kat, TheBushranger ((Villager, NK)), Alarra ((Wolf, Lynched)), VA_beds, The Fiery Tower ((Wolf,NK)), Ghanz Nmi, Billtodamax ((Villager, Autoed)), Zanshin ((Wolf, Lynched)), Imperial Psycho ((Wolf, Lynched)), Eldritch Knight ((Wolf, Lynched)). However Imperial Psycho was active and didn't send in a kill so I suspect that they either took too long arguing or they had selected one person to do the kill and that person forgot.
    I admit that some of my reasoning was wrong but I am not sure about Griever and Madeyegeorge so I am pointing at Madeyegeorge today.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

In my defence about voting for Murska that time, it was primarily becauseIi was seriously behind with the thread and was not entirely sure what was going on, so I voted for someone who seemed to be suspicious several pages behind the time I voted.
    I'm not sure about my vote for today yet...I'll have an idea in a bit i guess.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm. Pretty much everybody looks suspicious at this point, huh?

I'm not totally sure about madeyegeorge, true, but I don't think a wolf would do something that dumb.

For now, I'd say Tydude. He's been keeping a low profile for too long.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

MadEyeGeorge, mainly because no one has spoken up that he was part of the Exclusive VIP Seer's Clubhouse.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Mtheminja to avoid the auto.
    Tydude

By day 19 there is plenty of evidence to argue one way or another on almost anyone. This seems too "Avoid all confrontation" to ring true in my ears.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cd4 View Post
    I admit that some of my reasoning was wrong but I am not sure about Griever and Madeyegeorge so I am pointing at Madeyegeorge today.
    I like your reasoning here

a vote for Madeyegeorge

Edit: except probably the main reason I was off the wagon was because I was without internet for a week...
    Last edited by GrlumpTheElder; 2010-12-08 at 10:00 AM.
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Fair point from Qwaz, we need to really punish random behavior this late in the game, even if it's due to finals (which is, coincidentally, a pretty good excuse to hide off-wagon votes). Tydude.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

I agree that random voting from Tydude is suspicious.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

should vote i suppose so i dont go at risk

so.....tydude
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

28. - Top - End - #298

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GrlumpTheElder View Post
    Edit: except probably the main reason I was off the wagon was because I was without internet for a week...
    Actually I believe that at the time you had only just replaced Castaras and it was Castaras who voted off-wagons not you. So you cannot remember exactly why that happened.

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Captain's log:
    This message from our departed colleague has interesting implications regarding this entire conflict. It seems that beyond the veil, in the undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveller returns, man and wolf may live - or rather exist - in harmony. It is a hopeful view of the afterlife, that all may be happy and at peace with one another, yet may this not be applied to the real world? If there is no quarrel between us in death, what is so different in life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Notes on the pseudo-lycanthropic myths of the peoples indigenous to the Dudnon-Marsters Colony area:
    It is uncertain if the conflict between man and werewolf as described should be strictly necessary - it seems that to the rational mind, there is no reason the two races could not coexist peacefully. However it seems strictly laid down that this shall not be. Either there is something innate in the lycanthropic transformation which compels them to start ths conflict, or it is yet another of the machinations of the 'Trickster'. I suspect the latter - the movers in these events are but pawns of the more powerful, amoral observer, who pulls the strings of their fates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain's log:
    A rather bleak view on the situation in which we find ourselves. We must perforce continue this cycle of blood, though there is no real reason for it, because this supernatural puppetmaster wishes it so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious note:
    But, my friend, you miss the uplifting point of our departed colleague's last communication. Once this is done, all is forgiven. It ceases to matter. The Trickster pulls our strings in life, and sets us one against the other, even splitting families and friends, but yet once we are dead, we may once more be amicable. So grieve not overmuch for those of the opposition whose deaths you must compass, for once the deed is done, they will not blame you, and you may cheerfully drink and talk and play games together once all is done.
    Tydude was lynched. He was a Werewolf.
    Night 19 begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

Dangit, just a few minutes late. Poo.