1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic XII Part 2

Eldritch Knight.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure, Eldritch Knight
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Eldritch Knight

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eldritch Knight

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Eldritch Knight it is!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

Eldritch Knight then.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

Boy, it becomes really easy to choose when you're given a target!

Eldritch Knight

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Report:
    Our seer friend tells us the one styling himself an 'Eldritch Knight' is a werewolf. I suppose the 'eldritch' should have been a bit of a giveaway. He's made some intimidating claims, a transcript of which is just being written up, but we have duly lynched him, with no dissent whatever from the villagers. Not much more to say.
    Summary: Eldritch Knight was lynched. He was a Werewolf.
    Night 16 begins now and ends in approximately 24 hours.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-11-24 at 05:39 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

And so it begins....

You are doomed.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Blah blah blah, yeah yeah, they're all doomed. We get it.

Melodrama aside, welcome to Wispytown. Here's your complimentary harp and halo.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    And so it begins....

You are doomed.
    Does anyone else have the Doom Song stuck in their head now?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

harp and halo?....wrong side of the afterlife for a werewolf 8p
    Last edited by VA_beds; 2010-11-24 at 11:45 PM.
    This message was approved in Triplicate by Bureaucrat #36---please submit Form 16-j-43 before reading

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh I don't know.

Considering I'm actually a minister, it's kinda fitting.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VA_beds View Post
    harp and halo?....wrong side of the afterlife for a werewolf 8p
    The ones with the harps are free labor, so I think he's where he should be.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

For a moment I was wondering what game he was supposed to be playing with those.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground

Message from the wolves in the main square:

Your last hope of resistance has failed, fools. None shall stay the rise of the wolf.

We think it must be more intimidation tactics, like what the Eldritch Knight said before he died.
    Message from the wolves found on the wall of the late Mr. Tony's house:

Here was your protector, and he is slain. You should have abandoned your hope then, laid down and died rather than lingering in your despair. We shall not be so kind to you.

Definitely written in blood. Whose, we don't yet know.
    Another message from the werewolves, this one on the grave of poor 'Razor-vore' Jones:

This one thought to defy us. His sacrifice seemed just enough, we suppose, but foolish nonetheless. For what did he accomplish by it? We can lose one, or two, but we are many, and we are strong, and we will kill you all, 'ere long.

I would suggest these scare tactics may be a sign of desperation, sir. We have certainly hurt them a good deal of late, with the assistance of our seer and his most helpful visions, so this is perhaps the best means at their disposal to try and weaken us.
    Message written in blood, found in the alley where 'Flea' the strategist met his end:

And here fell one who tried us the most, but he accepted his fate in the end, and brought on himself as quickly as he might. So should you all.
    Yet another message in blood, this one on the gallows. I cannot think how we missed it before, and I cannot conceive that they might have written it since the previous one, as too many people pass through the square, even at this time, and it would surely have been noticed. The message is as follows:

And here have fallen a few of us. But we can spare a few, and see what we have done with them? The sergeant misled you so magnificently, and we drove you so exquisitely mad with the psychopath, and Mrs. Troll the poisoner, and that most bemusing fish. We have played you time and again, and we will continue to do so until you all lie dead, never fear.
    Found another message in blood, on the door of the safehouse in which Ifto Matthews was killed:

Remember, naught can stop us. 'Gainst us, no lock will hold, nor fastened portal bar as we come to take our bounty on each great night of the Wolf. No protection will save you, whether it be a physical guard or a misdirection.
    We have teeth and we have claws, and the blood we spilled this night is yours...
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain's log:
    My nerves are so shattered by tonights events that I can scarcely put pen to paper, but I must, before these memories fade, for even the slightest detail might be of the utmost importance.
    I was looking over the various reports from different soldiers of messages, written in blood, found about the town, when the door of headquarters was slammed open. The wind outside howled in, as though satisfying a narrative convention, and a dark figure stood in the doorway. Though the silhouette was indistinct, I could tell this was one of the werewolves. He (She? It? I cannot be sure, but for convention, I will assume the wolf was male) spoke to me:
    "Captain Sanderson. I trust you received our messages?"
    "So, you have come to kill me?"
    "Why should we kill you, Captain?"
    "Well, I am, after all, the leader of-"
    "You have done nothing to stop us, Captain, NOTHING. Your subordinate, the late corp- I mean, sergeant, now he did at least a little to help. He led, he sought to root us out. If nothing else, he served as an intermediary between the town and the seer - who, by the way, we will find."
    But you, captain? What have you done that might so much as hinder us? Absolutely nothing. You have sat here, in your lovely safe headquarters, you have listened to the howls on the wind, you have given your orders, written your little reports and log entries, accumulated your information, and for what? For nothing. You are not a part of this in any appreciable sense."
    "Then why are you here?"
    "Because, for all that, you are the leader of these fools, at least nominally. So I am here, not to kill you, for I have no reason to wish you gone, but to speak to you of our victory - and rest assured it is coming. For you are both the leader of the humans and completely cut off from them so that nothing I tell you will impact the course of events."
    "You may think little of me, indeed, of us. But we will rally, and we will win through this, you monster, you may be certain of that. It is, after all, what we do. If I have endured-"
    "You have not endured a thing. We have left you alone. The greatest value you may possibly have in regard to this series of events is as a chronicler of them. You shall, I think, be permitted to chronicle the downfall of Man, and the rise of the Wolf, for your last hope ended tonight. Not here and not now, but many hours ago, when the sun had barely set."
    "No, we-"
    "Did you think we would not deduce the truth? Oh, this misdirection was all well and good enough, but our minds are greater than yours, and they have been more than equal to the task of locating your precious seer!"
    With this he tossed a corpse onto the floor. It had been roughly torn open, and eviscerated, though there seemed to be far less blood than would be expected in a man of his stature.
    "Thi- this is-"
    "You didn't know? The clever little conspirators concealed his identity from you too? How tragic. Yes, this is your precious seer, your visionary, your salvation. He is no more. He is dead, and your hope dies with him."
    It was, I believe, at this point that I, shamefully, vomited, as I saw the extent of the desecration of our supposed saviour's body. The wolf turned to go. I muttered under my breath:
    "You may think you have won... but though we may have lost our guide, we have minds, and we have data to consider, and we have worn you down these past several days..."
    He turned back and said, "You have worn us down indeed. But you are fast losing both luck and people. And there are more of us than you think."
    As he stalked out of the room I collapsed to the floor. I was not quite in a faint, but my recollections are somewhat vague and blurred. I am uncertain how much time passed, but eventually I heard footsteps outside, then the opening of a window behind me, and what sounded more like the landing of a jump. I tried too turn, but found myself too weak. The footsteps continued across the floor from the window to me, and I felt strong arms lifting me back to my chair. This new intruder laid me down carefully, my arms and head on my desk, then proceeded to move around a little more. I know now that he took a blanket and laid it over the corpse, though at the time I could not tell precisely what was happening until I heard the door shut. He headed back towards the window whereby he had entered as the light of dawn began to enter through it also. I, feeling a little rejuvenated, although not greatly, summoned the energy to turn and ask,
    "Who are you? What do you want?"
    He reamined silent, but paused at the window. The light shining through was enough to make him an unrecognisable silhouette, though unlike my previous visitor, clearly human.
    "Why are you here?"
    He stepped up onto the sill.
    "Where are you going?"
    He paused again, and just as I was thinking of a fifth question, responded at last. I thought I recognised his voice, though with the vagueness of my recollections, I could not say where from.
    "I am... outside this game. I observe without interfering. But I retain my empathy, and I am saddened to see my correspondent so broken. Be well, my friend. See to things. See to the burial, ensure that the dead are treated with respect - for that is an important task, though it, too, lies outside the confines of the conflict. Acquire what worth you may. And I will observe how events proceed."
    "But I don't-"
    "I can say no more. I'll see you at the end."
    I tried to rise to follow him as he leapt out the window, but my fatigue caught up with me, and at that point I did fall unconscious for some time.

The rest is a matter of official record. The burial took place, and we moved into another day. But I cannot help wondering about the possible significance of both the two conversations here recorded. They leave me utterly bemused, but I hope that somewhere within them there may lie a key to understanding our current situation.
    Summary: Tasroth was killed. He was the Seer.
    Day 17 begins now and ends in approximately 48 hours.
    At risk of autolynch:

GrlumpTheElder
    Last edited by Thufir; 2013-10-27 at 02:58 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

So... you were right it seems. You did find me. I'd be interested to find out how.

Best of luck, team villager. I have faith in you my friends, you can win this.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

So, it is now down to the Network. So Horoar, since you are the mouthpiece, who does the Network think we should go after?

I suggest MadEyeGeorge, until given a better target.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

A ghastly spectre floats by, cackling with the voice of the damned.

"Did I not warn you of your coming doom? Did I not speak the truth? Despair, mortals, for the wolves come, they are at the gate!"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ghanz Nmi
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritch Knight View Post
    A ghastly spectre floats by, cackling with the voice of the damned.

"Did I not warn you of your coming doom? Did I not speak the truth? Despair, mortals, for the wolves come, they are at the gate!"
    Shoo shoo, you are not an adorable ethnic stereotype in fish form, you're no fun.

The Fiery Tower, because everyone knows Werewolves are prone to grandiose titles, despite having a neck as frail as a newborn lamb. Also because he's kept so quiet I did not even know he was playing until I checked the player list.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground

~~~hmmm. Too bad the seer died. Let's go with The Fiery Tower for today. I think it's best to stick with bandwagons at a time like this.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

LOVE the narration Thufir! Brilliant stuff. I'll wait to vote until Horoar turns up. At least then I know i'll be pointing at someone who's not a confirmed villager.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

*grabs Eldritch Knight by the collar and drags him away* Don't mind us dread specters. This one's now all bark and no bite.

Well Tasroth my counterpart in seer/fooldom you lasted for a good while eh?

Gotta agreed with Qwaz, that was excellent narration.

24. - Top - End - #234

I've sorted out my laptop finally, and just in time it seems

The Fiery Tower
    Grlump the Elder, a Lvl. 5 Gnome Barbarian with a penchant for food.

Want an Avatar? ¦ I'm Building a Dalek ¦ Arthur B. Fittlewick: Dinosaur Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Grlump is way cool. That's too few words for how cool I think he is...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Fiery Tower it is unless Horoar says otherwise.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

aha! my opportunity for a revenge vote has come! Lex-Kat

27. - Top - End - #237

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanz Nmi View Post
    Shoo shoo, you are not an adorable ethnic stereotype in fish form, you're no fun.

The Fiery Tower, because everyone knows Werewolves are prone to grandiose titles, despite having a neck as frail as a newborn lamb. Also because he's kept so quiet I did not even know he was playing until I checked the player list.
    Yay, Validation!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground

...How is being "quiet" validation?
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    ...How is being "quiet" validation?
    I think Mayhem was refering to the first part of that quote, Fiery Tower.
    Last edited by Horoar; 2010-11-26 at 05:40 PM.
    ‎'If sally has 8 eggs and jim has 4 eggs and they each give half their eggs to scott, in which country would you find the Caja District?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Mtheminja
    Guest in the Playground

The Fiery Tower, Project_Mayhem is the one being validated here.