New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Not to be a problem, but Kitiaria needs an update. Sorry.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Ah. I'll get that now.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Troll in the Playground

Still waiting on karusk, Draxx, and Colesign for each of my characters.

Also, having seen the trailer for the Elder Scrolls VI, we can more easily merge those worlds. The trailer takes the place of a prophecy from the Elder Scrolls:

You should have acted. They're already here. The Elder Scrolls told of their return. Their defeat was merely delay; from the time after Oblivion opened, when the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. But no one wanted to believe...believe they even exist. And when the truth finally dawned...It dawned in fire! But there's one they fear, in their tongue is "Dovahkiin." Dragonborn!

A few changes, and we point it towards Rand:

You should have acted. He's already here. The Elder Scrolls told of his return. His defeat was merely delay; from the time after Oblivion opened, when the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. But no one wanted to believe...believe he even exists. And when the truth finally dawns...It dawns in fire! But there is one they fear, in their tongue is "Dovahkiin." the Dragon!

It also explains why the Empire never touched the other continents, or why they haven't sent anyone, and why Azura pushed Allecia, Pellew, and Cleon to the continent, since Daedra are notorious for having their own agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #544

In retrospect, Tass is harder than I thought; Kender are hard to keep consistent, not to mention jumping from Soth's anger/sulking and Kitaria's backstabbing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kender don't need to be consistent. Just hyperactive and annoying.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry about not updating at a fast pace.

I'll be making up for it, and trying to play Tavi in a more devious manner.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry if I offended you. I just want this game to pick up again. Must be the trailer for Skyrim-the music is incredible.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #548
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry if I don't post quite frequently, my comrades. I'm not losing interest, this is still fun, it's just that Ye Olde Fantasy isn't my forte. I'm able to do it, but the Sci-Fi game is absorbing and I sometimes forget about this.

I'll post as often as I can from now on. Maybe I'll make this my homepage...
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

9. - Top - End - #549
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey Cracklord, just out of curiosity could Auron just release his body of pyreflies and then reform it. Because without a sending he can't move on. Like I said Seymour does this many times in the games when you defeat him, and those are killing blows.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Troll in the Playground

Apotheosis is one of the more powerful staffs in Oblivion. That being said, it isn't all that great at higher levels, and can be bought in a shop, without needing a quest or anything.

But with a name like "Apotheosis," I couldn't resist subverting the whole "Ultimate weapon of legend" idea.

Similarly, you can make better weapons than Goldenbrand in the game. But it is very much up there, and obtaining it is pretty awesome.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still working on a combined history. I about have the magic system worked out, and most of the places. Now I just need to sort out a few more, and then I'll post it.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #552

If you need any help, I'd be happy to contribute. Not that I'm trying to impose, or anything, scary DM-man.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

Same here. I'm very familiar with Codex Alera, Wheel of Time, Eragon, and The Elder Scrolls. Less so with Lord of the Rings; at least, not on your level.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

My weakness is wheel of time, so I need to cross reference a lot, but otherwise I'm alright.
    I'm still working on a combined history. I about have the magic system worked out, and most of the places. Now I just need to sort out a few more, and then I'll post it.

Anyway, the magic system works with people being born able to channel power. However, there are several, varying sources, and most of the time there is no overlap. There is the magic intrinsic to you, your own essence, which is beyond all but the most exceptional humans. This is the sort that Sauron and Morgoth use, and by using it they can actually subvert creation and build new life. The magic used, unlike everything else, does not fade with time or get run over by the wheel, and is a permanent change.
    This sort of power cannot be stilled or cut away, and is almost impossible to block or overcome. However, by using it they diminish themselves, as it does not come back once used. Which is the reason for the ring.

There are the major elemental powers (fire, water, air and earth), which are the most common, with Tavi at the lowest understanding (quite a lot of raw power, however, and imagination), Lazlo in the middle, and people like Gaborn or Raj Ahten at the top. They can be cut off from there power by keeping them apart from there element.
    At it's simplest level, it is compelling the beings who are, for lack of a better term, gods (but furies will do, or spirits, or whatever). Beings of empheral energy born out of the world, they are tiny, mostly non-sentient spiritual residue who give the world substance with their thoughts. Everything, from a mighty mountain range to an individual grain of rice to the entirety of the earth itself had one.
    The simplest sort of magic, but also the most noticeable, is the sort Tavi does. A person melds their mind to these beings and changing their perceptions, to alter the world around them. They tend to use familiar examples of these beings, for the obvious reason that melding your mind to unfamiliar things is hard.
    Then there is the sort that Lazlo favors, which is using runes that are reflections of the runes of creation (David Farland) to permanently compel them to change form, altering the world on a metaphysical level as well as a physical one.
    And then there is what a top tie flameweaver or earth warden can do, which generally also includes runes, but also in line with what Tavi does, such as gallop a horse through trackless forrest without so much as stumbling, rip down a wall with an earthquake, or whatever.
    This sort of power, however, comes in line with possessing an unsafe amount, and when you die you release an elemental. You'll know if this happens.

Then there is the one power. This is accessed in a variety of ways, and the consensus is that it is a reservoir of power tapped that is part of the creator, although this is almost impossible to confirm.
    The power source is infinite, but the abilities of channelers are not, and if they try to channel too much then they can be overwhelmed, and either die horribly or be stilled. It is addictive, and almost impossible to go without. More to the point, it can be cut away from an individual.
    It has several distinct users. You have your basic mages, who use specific words, gestures and even spell components to create a physical manifestation of a predetermined weave. Think the sort of wizard who lugs around a giant spell book and pouches.
    Then there is the sort who need no outside stimulus, and simply will it. These vary in power, from Morgase who can just about summon a light breeze without fainting, to Rand.
    The epitome of this type of power is the will and the word.

Then there is chaos magic, which is using the True Power, that isn't good for much but destruction, or tapping into Demon Dimensions, or imbibing warpstone in vast and unsafe amounts. That's unlikely to come up, so we can pass it over.

There is clerical magic, which is using magic given by the gods, which is both better and worse. It has none of the limits these other powers present, but you use it strictly at the allowance of a sentient and sometimes very petty being.

Then there is natural magic, which has varying power sources but doesn't have much in the way of versatility as it tends to do single, specific things.

Wizards in Da Hara attempt to create the first type of magic in themselves by using the one power to expand the amount they can safely hold, then put a well within themselves. Sometimes this sort of works.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

We might see some chaos magic later on, since Allecia is a fiend, but she isn't especially high in the demonic hierarchy. That being said, she's certainly skilled, and is very good at rituals involving souls.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #556
    Barbarian in the Playground

So would Holo's powers be natural magic or elemental?
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

17. - Top - End - #557

... Holy crap... I can't believe I totally just stopped posting... I forgot about it... I'm sosososososososososososososo sorry!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm fine with it. I made Ratarro a skaven warlord, because I play warhammer and I've never seen what he's from, so I just went what I'm comfortable with.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The children of the Horned Rat had responded quickly to the demand of the eternal king of the city, and Rattaro and his army of skaven began their march. Already packs of black-garbed scouts were pouring in and scurrying around, learning what they could in the name of the cause, to bring about Skaven superiority.
    The leaders, who by virtue of their own self interest had not arrived yet, preferring the rear and a bulk of bodies between them and the enemy, knew that they had to arrive as late to the battle as possible to assure the bulk of casualties would be made up by their erstwhile allies, to ensure they could find a way to exploit them. They also knew that each of them were the only ones qualified to lead the army, and incidentally claim the lions share of the loot and glory, and furthermore that to invite anyone else to lead things was to invite disaster.
    Alliances were formed and subsequently betrayed, bribes and counter-bribes changed hands, and acts of assassination and sabotage abounded, slowing the armies progress to a crawl. Spies cropped up everywhere, and acts of misdirection and counter spying, feeding false information and the rest of it ensured almost nobody was able to trust anyone. Expeditionary forces hastily rushed to the battlefield, only to collide en route and decimate one another in an escalating series of ambushes and ruthless hit-and-run raids before even reaching their destination.
    This went on, and on, until at last the lords were assembled to determine who should lead.
    Of course, every warlord had the best, most compelling reasons that they should be in command. Many had elaborately forged documents to prove it. Finally, Rattaro was declared in charge after another round of politicking, back-stabbing, assassinating and bribery, however his position was mostly as a figurehead, and just made him an even bigger target for 'accidents'. Just the same, it was the best he could hope for.

The skaven have unreliable technology, ninja rats, and a whole host of other things that are hilarious, they are more dangerous to each other then the enemy, and each one has an ego large enough to risk going into an event horizon, while at the same time being the biggest cowards you can imagine.

Morianne and Lan found Gaborn, and it became clear that Lan is no longer her warder, but he still acts like he is because after twenty years of it it's 'a second nature, and one more powerful then his instincts. He could no more refuse her, even now, then he could stop breathing.'

And Holo is a nature spirit. She's type one, but her power is the land rather then her own essence. So by accepting sacrifice, she taps into the land it came from to work her magic.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-01-07 at 11:52 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Guys! Don't worry! I'm still alive. I'm a little bit busy right now, as my Maths final is at the end of this month (I'm taking an upgrader course), but I'm still here and I'll try to be post as soon as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Good. I was worried.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #561

Finals suck, trust me, we all know that. They're a big drain on time(and sanity).

Also, Cracklord, sorry but you missed Kitaria again. I think. Sorry. Don't hit me with a stick. Please.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #562
    Pixie in the Playground

Though it never actually comes up, Lord Angmar is the perfect build for a wizard killer. He uses the scream to break concentration, then closes the distance and cuts them to pieces.

23. - Top - End - #563

Ok, really sorry... I promise I'll remember to stay in any future games I join. Okay?
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fine.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Cracklord? Just reminding you that Cleon is (physically) in his forties. Pellew is the old one with gray hair.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Forties is ancient to a skaven. Either your expendable (and die young, sacrificed meaninglessly), you're not quite ambitious, exceptional, intelligent, well-connected, useful or lucky enough to advance far enough up the ranks and you're killed to make an example, or you make it to the top and your assassinated to make the way clear for another skaven.
    The oldest skaven we ever see is in his forties, and by human standards he'd be well past one hundred.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, it seems I shall have some time tomorrow to make a nice long post. Anyone want to be kind enough to point me in the direction of what Achilles and Arthur need to be doing?

Also, is it just me, or are a lot of things in our many universes connected to dragons? Dragon riders, Dragonborn, the Blood of the Dragon (House Targaryen), Rand the Dragon and Arthur the Pendragon. Odd coincidences, but convienent for attaching these worlds I guess.
    Last edited by Executor; 2011-01-09 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

You're also forgetting the Elder Scrolls's Dragon motifs.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

I assumed Arthur was locked up, because the game has moved on a bit and the characters who were waiting on him have moved.

THe siege has started, and so Achillies will be getting ready to take the walls. He's probably in a siege tower trundling towards the walls, and marveling at the ingenious design.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, so I have to ask. What exactly is the deal with the forcibles? I get that each one has the ability to take a bit of strength from the user of the forcible's followers, but I have to ask about specifics. Namely, about any power they might currently contain, what would classify as a "follower", that sort of thing.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.