New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Sorry if I'm being dumb here, but did Wander get a post?

And yes, I realize that forcibles probably don't work that way, but he doesn't.

Also, I'm pretty sure I made a couple of mistakes with the description of the Colossi, the sword that's supposed to kill the Colossi, and that sort of thing. It's been a while since I've had anything to do with the game, so it appears I've goofed up. Question is, do we leave it as is or retcon it?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Darkblade, what have you done?

Actually, I think this is funny. Zsalamal's plans working much too well.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-02-08 at 10:37 PM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm making stuff up as I'm going along. I'm amazed it hasn't gotten Zasamal killed and forced back into an infant yet.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

Sending Druss's body to fight Rand isn't exactly a good strategy. Considering that Rand stopped a dagger at point blank range when he was much less skilled in the Power...

The question is not if, but how.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #605
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    I'm making stuff up as I'm going along. I'm amazed it hasn't gotten Zasamal killed and forced back into an infant yet.
    Oh thank god I thought I was the only one doing that. I've just taken Soth's power list and rolled-this whole 'take the city' thing feels more and more like suicide. And I am incrediably thankful that Soth's curse is essientially a suped-up version of the average Death Knight curse. Which I wouldn't know the terms of if not for the Dark Discple trilogy which was mostly godawful....though a guilty pleasure that I'll admit to having read and enjoyed.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished The Gathering Storm. That ending finally sold the series to me.

As to Druss vs Rand, that depends on a few things, like what sort of undead he is. If he's the right sort, like a Gholam (immune to magic), sufficiently powerful deathknight or Lich (he's not a lich, I'm guessing, what with the lack of magic) then it might be a genuine threat.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-02-09 at 02:22 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #607

What brand of D&D undead would be equivlent to a Voodoo zombie? Basically it still has all of Druss's skills, abilities and memories but is bound to obey Zasamal's orders despite his ever growing hatred for the man who did that to him.

In fact the best way to deal with him would probably be to find a way to remove Zasamal's control.

Edit: Check your PMs Cracklord, I'm really waiting on Klaus in the other game.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2011-02-09 at 02:34 AM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

... Not sure. Some sort of template, I suppose. Of course, it's ultimately up to Draxx, it being his character and everything.

Oh, didn't get that.

Sorry.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-02-09 at 03:29 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Pixie in the Playground

Bardan is a demon Prince of Khorne. In the books he was serviant to the lord of Skulls, who was an inspiration for that god. And we have warhammer characters in this game, so it's a fair attempt to bridge distances. So I have no idea what the body he is possesing is, but it looks like a cross between this:

Spoiler
    Show

And this:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Fun.

Repeat to self: Rand cannot use balefire.

EDIT: And to clarify, Cutting Lines of Fire is, in fact, an actual weave in Wheel of Time. Rand has laser beams.

It's part of the Wheel, really. There are references in the book to the Space Race and the Mercedes logo.
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-02-10 at 01:04 AM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Sauron is already free because of overuse of balefire in the books has meant that he can simply remove his power from the pattern and reform (it makes sense, that's the scary part). Do you really want to see what else can go wrong?

I'll pay the whole Demon Prince thing, for one thing because Druss is explicately much stronger dead then alive, and it probably fits (never read chronicles, so I don't know for sure). And besides, Rand needs a level appropriate challenge.

Of course, those images don't actually mean much, awesome as they are. It's warhammer. Everyone looks awesome. I mean, check out Nagash:

Spoiler
    Show

See what I mean?
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-02-10 at 01:05 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #612

Aren't there rules against undead looking awesomer than the person who created them?

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah. Necromancers are all sad goths who wear make up and cannot get girls, so it's to be expected to happen.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-02-10 at 01:12 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

It's a pity WoT doesn't have extremely awesome art. Well. Aside from a few pictures, anyway.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by industrious; 2011-02-10 at 01:11 AM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

Not bad, but I like wheel of time as it is. I don't want everyone looking like the characters in Warhammer.

As for the whole 'why is Sauron back', well he never died, he just lost all his power, which was bound into middle earth. In much the same way Morgoth invented evil, Sauron invented treachery and a whole lot of other things. And the pattern keeps him from taking it back, making him and all other gods finite.
    But with so many gaping holes left by balefire, he can just reach in and take whatever he wants back, reconstituting himself. So Mordor will no longer be desolation, many curses will be lifted, but he lives again.

Morianne did warn them.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-02-10 at 01:15 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

And Rand has such a talent for ignoring warnings.

Though in his defense, balefire is the only way to make sure an enemy stays down. The Dark One loves resurrections.

Found a recent pic of Rand.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, remembered a few feats Rand had. Binding Elayne and Egwene along with 12 other flows...without a sweat. Before he came down from Dragonmount.

Ironically enough, I've been playing an underpowered Rand.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #617
    Pixie in the Playground

There, that's enough for me.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Orc in the Playground

I love you all, you know that?

Also, why does everyone from Wheel of Time look like they're wearing some weird mix of fantasy/modern/post-modern clothing? I don't get it.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Because Wheel of Time takes place in the future. Which is also the past.

A more lucid explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Because in WoT, Time is circular. The "First Age" is implied to be ours; they're in the Third Age. And in a few more ages, they'll be right back to modern times again.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyclic history, basically.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Dwarf in the Playground

Again, as I said in the LYNCH thread, I'm sorry for not updating as often.
    My access to forums was out for a while and I couldn't do anything about it until my cousin came down. The ice slowed his arrival so.... yeah.

Anyways, I'm in class, so I'll just say that I'm going to update more often now
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

Cyclic history, basically.
    Ah, gotcha. Hence the whole "Wheel of Time". Got it.

...Darn it. All this talk about ages and I'm reading the Nobilis rulebook and it mentioned a Fourth Age...

Firstly, welcome back Shoveler. Secondly, I must say this, the Asha'men look like Grammaton Clerics. Thirdly, I wonder of Galbatorix's dragon is still around...
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #623
    Pixie in the Playground

No Moorcock characters! How can this be!
    Sweet, I'll use the slot opened up with the death of Druss (shame, but had to be done) to play 'The Warrior in Jet and Gold'.

An enigma, dressed in armor of eastern origin, who reveals nothing about his past beyond he is a servant of the law.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Ah, gotcha. Hence the whole "Wheel of Time". Got it.

...Darn it. All this talk about ages and I'm reading the Nobilis rulebook and it mentioned a Fourth Age...

Firstly, welcome back Shoveler. Secondly, I must say this, the Asha'men look like Grammaton Clerics. Thirdly, I wonder of Galbatorix's dragon is still around...
    I'm actually watching Equilibrium right now. So yeah.

And if any of my characters die(current likeliest candidate is Cleon), I'll make the world even more bizarre by adding Wiz Zimwalt.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes. It is exactly what it looks like.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, if you are taking new characters I'd prefer it if you took some already in the game, like Mat.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

...Or I could play Mat if Cleon dies.

Which, assuming Sonja doesn't pull a rabbit out of her outfit(unlikely, given how little space there is for one to fit), is going to be fairly soon. He isn't that great at physical fighting; he's a general, not a soldier.

So, Draxx. Any chance of a save?

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #627
    Pixie in the Playground

She's a little outclassed, you understand. I'd say that Gilgamesh trumps both of us.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Gilgamesh is easy enough to escape. He's so preocupied by posing and saying how awesome he is that he won't even notice you walk away. Actually beating him, on the other hand, is something more of a problem.

By the way, Soth's dudes now look like this.

Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Bugbear in the Playground

Heh. Awesome. And yeah, I assume Soth is going to be killed soon? Because I don't know how he's going to keep going at this rate.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Pixie in the Playground

Eh, if you want him to escape, we probably could find a way for him to 'bug out'.

But yeah, I can't see him winning a standup fight.