New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Eh. I'm of the 'let the dice roll' opinion. I don't particularly want Soth dead. But I wouldn't be upset if he did. I'll try to figure out if there's an IC way for him to survive. If not, he dies-or does whatever happens to a Death Knight upon being 'killed'(Seriously, I don't know how to handle this. No one's every beaten a Death Knight in any novel I've read, and the fact that they can't die is the point of the curse.)
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Well, I don't think Tavi can actually kill him, either. Soth has taken Dragonfire from Cyan Bloodbane unflinching, it barely even delayed him. And that was so hot 'the stones ran like tallow'.

Not that he can't be killed, you understand, just that fire probably can't do the job. Not much can, I imagine. He was built to last.

And if Soth does die, he'd probably turn it into a victory, vowing that he would forever search for the elf maid and his son in the afterlife, and in that search, he would be redeemed. Or something to that effect, he's that sort of guy.

Also, Soth swearing like that is as disconcerting as Solomon Kane Making cultural references (shudder). It's really not appropriate for the character.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-02-15 at 06:03 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

I didn't know Death Knights were that indestructible.

Still, Tavi doesn't know that. From Tavi's point of view, he thinks that his 'bombing run' tactic is "Thematically Appropriate Overkill".

4. - Top - End - #634
    Troll in the Playground

They aren't. They are, however, highly resistant to magic, and highly vulnerable to divine power.

I don't really know if furies would help in that, because once you get past the "fury" aspect, there isn't anything magical about the fire in of itself. Or at least, I don't believe so. The people of Alera don't exactly break the laws of physics in enough of a major way to declare it magic.

Plus, the Ash'amen should arrive at Tavi's side at any time. And if they can't take down a single death knight, then everyone is doomed at the Last Battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Soth is not just a deathknight. Like Rand is not just a channeler.

Also, I have figured out the worlds history, gods down, and it encompasses a lot of fantasy masterworks. I'll post it as soon as I finish writing it all.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Pixie in the Playground

After so long a time and spell, I've finally figured out the setting that Xaltoan, the sorcerer from the 4th Twilight game, was from, i.e. the Conan of Cimmeria series.

This is a relief, to say the least.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Pixie in the Playground

Is this game still going on?

8. - Top - End - #638
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I'd certainly like it to still go.

Really, I don't know. I honestly don't know.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Pixie in the Playground

Ditto.So C'mon Cracklord! Don't let us fall victim to the "Whenever We Include Wheel of Time Characters In a Game It Gets Abandoned" Curse!

10. - Top - End - #640
    Pixie in the Playground

Agreed. I want to find out what happens next.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if you want to keep this going I suppose I'll get onto that.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm indulging in thread necromancy, I know. But if there is still interest, then lets keep this going.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

[bursts through the wall like the Kool-Aid Man]

I still live!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

So you do. Great, welcome back. We missed you.

I'll update for you tonight, I'm going to move the story on, and I need to do some thinking how to do that.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

If Industrious wants to play Mat (and I really hope he does), I have two characters who'd work great with Mat.

Detlef Shirek, genius.
    A playwright with a great tallent and a flair for the dramatic, considerable personal charisma and a way with words who wishes to write the story of the Raven prince and the Dragon Reborn's friend.
    Drives Mat crazy by rewriting everything he says into epic, grand speaches, creatively edits out things that don't sound noble, and in short makes Mat seem like exactly the sort of person he always insists he isn't.
    He is actually a playright, though has gone through the sort of intrigue and evil that would chew out any hero. And he once killed a blademaster on stage, with a prop sword.

Huillam d'Averc
    D'Averc is a defector from the armies of the shadow. Although cheerfully untroubled by moral considerations, d'Averc is not as utterly amoral (nor borderline insane) as most of of the men who serve darkness, and was only ever in it for the money and chance to achieve something. He was quite happy to be offered an alternate way to do so, and now is a member of the band.
    He is fond of affecting the appearance of a decadent effete courtier and hypochondriac to the point of cliche, constantly compaining at his weak health and everything else. However, there is every indication that it's just for show, because d'Averc is quite tough, strong and shrewd, and is quite capable of roughing it through the wilderness for months. Not to mention being a superb swordsman and duelist, and a Deadpan Snarker (and a secret romantic).
    He speaks Trolloc.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Since they are both vanilla mortals, I suppose I wouldn't have a problem with approving both. And yes, they would be hillarious. Particularly Detlef.

As a character from History of the Runestaff is now in play, the Grambetans are from the tragic millenia, rising to conquer Europe after the fall of Brona, but their empire lasted only a single generation. Over time, their descendants forgot their civilization and their ways, and eventually became the Trollocs, devolving and radiation causing their masks to became their actual faces.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-04-11 at 01:41 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wait, Brona? As in the Warlock Lord? Is Shannara involved now too?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still in. I'll post tomorrow; schoolwork at the moment.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Just in the background. Lord Angmar is Brona, and takes on the master apprentice chain in the fifth age.
    Elric is a background character as well, but he's not actually involved, just mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    I'm still in. I'll post tomorrow; schoolwork at the moment.
    Still want to play Mat?
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-04-11 at 01:51 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Troll in the Playground

Sure. I can do that.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweet. Alright, tonight I'll get all this moving again.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Pixie in the Playground

Do you know if Doliest's still participating? My character was kind of fighting with his.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

No we do not, but until he says ye or nay I can't really do anything about it. Sorry.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Orc in the Playground

*pops in*

Oh hi there! Good to see the band back together! I'm ready to rock.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Good to see you back. Sorry about the Haitus.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Pixie in the Playground

It's a crime, but I can't find suitable pictures for either. I'll post as both when Industrious introduces Mat.

Detlef Sierck, Genius

+ Has a wit and manner which has allowed him to captivate audiences with his words, or humiliate monstrous demons and psychopaths with a few short phrases. He is an accomplished actor as well as writer, and prefers to star in his own performances, usually in the leading role (though he actually prefers character parts). Possesses considerable charisma and charm.
    + He also dabbles in making costumes and sets, and is an accomplished composer, although he tends to leave these tasks to those more suited then himself, so he can focus on what he really loves.
    + While he's not in good shape (he'll do anything to get fit, other then exercise, stop eating rich food and stop drinking) he has a good upper body from a lifetime of hard work on stage, and considerable arm strength.
    + Despite being a romantic, he’s also very much the pragmatist, and is unwilling to put his neck in line more then can be avoided.
    + Though he has never been formerly trained, he can fence better then most blademasters, despite his form being based on flashy, superfluous moves.
    + His first love is the theatre, the second Genevieve Dieudonne, however he has found himself involved in the outside world several times. In particular he once interviewed Vlad Von Castien, killed an Elector Count on stage (said Blademaster) in front of the Emperor, and bashed Constant Drachenfels face in with a lead prop hammer, killing him.
    + He is very aware of the form stories take, and a student of history. Thus, he can often tell his role in stories that take place in the real world.
    + He's not impressed with anyone, no matter how lofty the title. Dislikes nobility on principle, despite them being the bulk of his clients, and has never forgiven Karl Franz (substitute alternative monarch here) for making Detlef like him.
    - When he dreams, he dreams big. Unfortunately, this can backfire spectacularly upon him, once lending him in debtor’s prison, and another time almost giving Drachenfells (an evil roughly on par with the forsaken, only without their lamentable stupidity) a window into this world.
    - Given he was born a peasant, he is self-taught (his father didn’t even teach him to read or write) and he never went to school or university. This does not mean he is any less eloquent or intelligent.
    - Though his plays are often based on real occurrences, he is seen to write Melodramas and farcical tales. Hilariously, Felix Jaegar often dismisses them as this, then finds his own works (which are, admittedly, somewhat more popularist) are dismissed the same way.
    - He’s a bit much to take in. He tends to be larger then life and steal the spotlight.

Currently writing Mat's life story for a play 'Lord of Ravens' and getting information and facts for a later one, 'The Dragon'. And annoying Mat because, instead of taking down what he actually says, he writes what Mat 'should have' or 'meant to say', uses his 'artistic licence', and otherwise makes things up.
    Particualry since most of the men seem to prefer Detlef's version or, worse, actually think it has some grounding on reality.

Huilliam D'Averc

+ Master strategist, though not enough to stand out more then a bit. Tends to favor guerilla tactics and subversion, rather then open battle.
    + Accomplished architect, who enjoys sketching beautiful buildings and cities which will never be constructed in his spare time.
    + Expert swordsman, and duelist beyond compare, capable of taking down a dozen men by himself. And does it with style.
    + Quite capable of looking after himself, whether it be roughing it through the wilderness for months, signing on as an officer for one army or another and rising to high rank in no time, or seducing the beautiful princess (and next in line to the throne), he is well capable of it.
    + Given to gnomic, sarcastic, sometimes bitter, occasionally whimsical asides, whether about the situation, the habits and traits of his companions, himself, or whatever.
    + Multi-lingual, and very intelligent. Understands something of magic, though he can't use it himself.
    - Has the appearance of a decadent effete courtier and hypochondriac to the point of cliché.
    - Quite the dandy, dressing in finery even when not really appropriate, and does his best to avoid work (though this is mostly for show).
    - Cheerfully untroubled by moral considerations, and prone to icy pragmatism, however is a secret romantic. Both of these conspire to make life difficult for him.
    - Tends to follow whatever interests him, in fact the reason he defected in the first place was that he found working for the Dark One boring, and unsatisfying. But then again, he was only ever in it for the money and chance to achieve something in the first place.

Defected, and now is one of Mat's inner circle (Mat finds him a breath of fresh air). Is a competent and imaginative commander, a good leader although not the sort Mat is used to, and himself.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-04-12 at 10:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Troll in the Playground

Mat needs to be introduced? Not sure what's happening with him at the moment, I'm afraid.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm glossing over as much as possible to try to smooth the transition, but Mat came here looking for Tuon, after Cohen kidnapped her from her throneroom. You just reached the shore with your men in their ships, to see the Warrior in Jet and Gold and Fortuona waiting for you, just as Rand comes to the edge of the spreading darkness and realizes he's going to need an army.

And both are fine.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-04-12 at 10:54 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Cue music*
    I'm back, large and in charge interested.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Troll in the Playground

Can't post tonight. Saw Neil Gaiman and am too full of endorphins to write creatively.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2