New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Sure thing, it won't be relevent for a while anyway. Except Lanfear. That will be as soon as you meet the Company.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    Ah, my fault entirely sir. If I have inconvenienced you, I offer you my tongue as payment.

If you get that reference, I owe you a cookie.
    Not at all.

...Something tells me Firefly, but I get the distinct impression that that's incorrect.

Also, Saphira is doing what? Is she just showing off or is she actually aiming at Smaug's wings? Eh, nevermind.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2011-05-10 at 10:35 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, there are seven gods (Sauron, Ungoliant and Shai-tan are both unique beings of a different nature, Shai-tan is Illuvatar's dark side (it's complicated) Sauron is the trickster archetype gone evil, and nobody is quite sure what Ungoliant is)

In effect these are far from alone, as many have leitenants, consorts, children and so on. But each of these is a fount of power that the others support, so are the primary gods.
    Most races worship the same gods in different aspects.

Of Good:
    Palantine/Manwë: King of the gods, and the champion who defies the darkness, he is distinguished more for his wisdom then his power, although both are great. He tends to be subtle in his teachings and changes, rarely seen but often felt, taking a form much like that of his favored servants.
    His kindness is his greatest trait, eclipsing both his stregnth and wisdom, and he teaches his followers to learn and think for themselves, to trust people and put the good of others first.

Tulkas/Orion/Kurnous: King of the wood and the wild places. Tulkus is a hunter and his laughter can be heard bouncing through the trees or hills as he comes. The greatest warrior of the gods, he is not kind nor fair, but he is known to protect those who cannot protect themselves. He is something of a foil to his older brother, where the king can seem distant, he cannot abide it, and takes the matter in his own hands when possible.

Of Neutral:
    Shivetya/Gilean: Keeper of knowledge, he simply records what happens, uncaring of it. Some say he has endured since before the wheel began turning, while others say he is the ery thing that keeps the wheel turning, that he is the one that weaves the pattern. Regardless, of all the gods he has no concerns for humanity or any of the races beyond they give him something to write about.

Of Evil:
    Takhisis: Takhisis most often takes the form of a five-headed dragon, each head being the colour of one of the evil dragons. She also often uses the form of a beautiful temptress, said to be so lovely that no man could resist her. She is a frequent ally of Shai-tan and Sauron, although both are far more powerful and dangerous then she is. She brings souls under her will and encourages them to grow according to her plans for conquest. She orders souls to surrender to dominance and give way to those who are stronger. She believes that it is her right to one day dominate the entire world.

Khaine:
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-11 at 08:28 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, I should probably ask, just what does 'Earth King' mean? I've never read Runelords, to be honest.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly what it says on the tin. The earth itself has chosen him to save humanity. Not all of it naturally, it's inevitable that most of them die, but enough for it to continue on. That's right, he has to decide who is worthy of life and who isn't.
    And so he has all the elemental powers when it comes to earth and life as you can imagine, in order to protect them. He can talk to animals, he can sense life and build walls out of earth with his head, and then he has the powers taken to their logical conclusion. He actually did bring a deathknight back to life, he can summon World Worms to demolish cities, and cause Earthquakes, and a whole lot of other powers.
    Of course, it comes at a tremendous price, to say the least.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #726

Ah, so Soth's little 'I say thee nay' is basically suicide...if a very pricey suicide.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty much. Unless he just shunts you aside and keeps on going, which tends to be his reaction. Remember, he's as much a pacifist as is humanly possible, given his situation.
    (This is a reminder to Karusk as well. )
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #728

I'm amazed Nusuada's letting Soth do her talking for her...and that Soth was the one alerted first.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

9. - Top - End - #729
    Pixie in the Playground

There. How is that?
    Soth gets to live (and no, he doesn't lose his magical powers), Gaborn makes his opening argument, and all the rest.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Pixie in the Playground

Since we have established the Drow and Dark Elves and a whole new world, I just thought of (yet another) character to work in. Given the chaos, it's inevitable.

Jarlaxle Baenre
    Spoiler
    Show

+ Jarlaxle is renowned for having a seemingly unlimited supply of magical tricks. Most are purely for show, but their totality is enough to give him almost limitless advantages, in combat or outside it.
    *A seemingly unlimited supply of magical daggers conferred to him by his bracers. One in every three or so daggers is an illusion, but can still be fatal if it is believed to be real. The daggers will magically disappear after a short period of time, returning themselves to his magic bracers.
    * In situations where his daggers are of no use, he may fall back on the array of weapons (including a small war hammer) that he keeps miniaturized in the sweat band of his outrageously large hat.
    * He can summon several assistants or magical constructs if the need comes.
    + Jarlaxle's shaven head is a symbol of his place in Menzoberranzan. In a society where rank and position are indicated by hair style, Jarlaxle has no hair to illustrate that he considers himself removed from the society of Menzoberranzan. Ever the opportunist, he delights at being too valuable to be eliminated.
    + He is extremely skilled in the two long-blade visually showy swashbuckling style, although he prefers not to fight when possible, and doesn't like killing very much.
    + He is an eternal opportunist, who only wishes to squeeze as much adventure and pleasure from life as he possibly can.
    + He has a very charismatic personality, always willing to talk his way out of situations rather than resort to force of arms. As an extremely intelligent and a brilliant tactician who almost never seems to be unprepared for any thinkable and unthinkable circumstances, he prefers to make people serve his interests rather then just kill them, no matter how contrived these might be.
    + The undisputed head of Bregan D'aerthe, he has considerable resources in the form of men, influence, knowledge, wealth and other things of use to fall back upon if the need arrives.
    - In order to keep from getting bored occasionally follows his whims instead of what would be sensible. This tends to make things hard for him.
    - Gets bored very easily, and seems to only be able to function skirting the very edge of catastrophe curve.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

11. - Top - End - #731

Holy....Holy s***. Did...did Soth just get revived from the dead. Oh...oh jeebus. This is...wow. Holy...I think my brain just...wow.
    Cracklord? Anyone? How, exactly, would Soth react to this, IC? This is just...I don't think I've ever questioned how a pre-Character Developement Soth would react to this. I'm....I'm going to need a little time. Wow.
    Karusk? Thank you, this is going to be fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, Jarxle starts off at my modified Ankh-Morpork (Mu-ha-ha) where he is trying to reunite with Enteri (who is a faceless man again) and make money.

As for Soth back to life...
    Yeah. Well on the short term, I'm fairly sure he'd do exactly what Gaborn wants. In the long term...
    Well, he'd ever regress to trying to be a knight again, go out to experience all the stuff he hasn't in thousands of years, or...
    You know what? I have no idea.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Pixie in the Playground

Sweet. Would you like to introduce him then?

Also, it looks like you're finally of the rails with Soth.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Patience. You need to wait for the right moment.

Also, good job saving Tavi's son. It's even in character. Though I forsee much awkwardness when Tavi tries to get him back.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #735

Not sure if I'll manage an update today. Paperwork you wouldn't believe.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

I know the feeling.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #737

Heh. Managed it; got inspiration in the middle of filling in some rather annoying forms.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

I like it.
    So now, what will Roran the Locus do? He gets the one guy he knows he can count on to keep Gaborn away from Nuasada, and Gaborn does that.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-15 at 10:26 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #739

Thanks. And I'd like to know something; What's Kitaria's reaction to finding out one of her Lynchpins is gone? Actually, Soth and Kitaria meeting again would be interesting. Probably not going to happen, which is a pity, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

Edit:Heh. Yeah, no one on the planet saw that coming. Paladine, Thaksis, and Gilead didn't see that coming. Amazing, really. Roran's great gambit almost worked and then...boom. Living Soth.

Edit 2.0:Karusk deserves a medal for this. In terms of actions that throw a wench into the plot that...that was unexpected. Seriously, I'm STILL reeling. Wow.
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-05-15 at 10:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #740
    Orc in the Playground

Yep, I'd say that's an appropriate reaction Soth had.

Seriously though, this has the potential to have very, very interesting consequences. Karusk and doliest, I applaud you.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

21. - Top - End - #741

Karusk is the one who came up with it. I just react. Thank you anyway, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. That was awesome. And an excellent use of good-aligned powers, too.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

What do you need Rand to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that's not an easy question to answer. I like to keep these sort of games fairly sandbox. His job is to try to recruit as many men as possible for the armies, and kill the dark friends on this continent. For the moment, he's in Uru'baen, so lets have some fun with The Black Company.
    As for what do I need him to do to advance the plot, well to be honest I have no idea. The whole thing has kinda gotten so over-shadowed by the impeding appocalypse I somehow feel the only way I can really take this game is all the way to Tarmon Gaiden.
    Which might be fun, and I'm fairly sure I could actually do that well enough, but everyone would have to want to do that before I considered it seriously, I mean it kinda steps away from the games stated intensions, know what I mean?
    It's my own fault, of course (this always happens), I got so into establishing everything that the origonal plot got overshadowed and this is the result.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm cool with Tarmin Gaidan.

Besides...

*Puts on a Hadori*

I've always had a little Malkieri blood in me.

And wait: Draxx saved Tavi's son's life? When did this happen?
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-05-16 at 11:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Well if we all agree then I guess it's time to roll the dice.

As for that, read the latest 'Warrior in Jet and Gold' posts.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

Read the post: Apparently W.J.G. kicked both Bernard and Amara's butts, then put Tavi and Kitai's son next to the bloody Runestaff.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's in-character, if a little questionable. I'll give it that.

By the way, if you haven't guessed, Skaven are essentially a race of Invader Zims.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-16 at 07:28 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Pixie in the Playground

Doomy Doom and all?

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. And they have massive egos, total confidence in their own abilities that, except in regards to a few special characters, are generally all but non-existent, prone to acting incredibly hammy, and blaming any problems, usually (surprise, surprise) incompetence, on 'machinations of their rivals'.
    In their defense, they all want what is best for the rest of their race, but also note that every one of them believes that they are the only ones capable of running things properly, and that anybody else would be much too incompetent to do things properly, and they deserve to be rewarded for their many sacrifices. Also, most of them are total-cowards whose first instinct is to protect their own skins.
    In short, megalomania to the extreme. Sknitch is one of the few exceptions, and a as consequence is actually incredibly lethal and competent. Thanquol utilizes these traits to make himself actually more dangerous, though he is nowhere near as smart as he thinks.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-16 at 10:56 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.