New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Tell me a little about him. On one side, I was just thinking it's a shame we don't have any real asian style characters ('cept Wheel of Time), but on the other, I have worked out a setting, and if it involves aliens, gods, some form of elemental martial arts or something of that nature I suspect he'll give me a massive headache.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Well how do I put this...

Ummm... He is from the anime Bleach. He is captain (highest rank) of the 10th division of Soul Reapers (cool guys with magical swords called zanpaktou). Essentially he is the youngest of the captain's so he is the least powerful and what not. He is cool and collected usually, but sometimes he can get very hot headed. He is also a genius. His swor is called Hyourinmaru. It's an ice dragon essentially. Well actually it's a sword but when it is released to it's second stage (shikai) it becomes an ice dragon. When it reaches it's third stage (bankai) it gives Toshiro cool ice wings and greater power. And yeah, that's about it. If you want, I can give you some links to wikipedia.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Isn't Bleach pseudo-modern? As in cars, High-schools, that sort of thing? Because we have Twilight lynching for that sort of character.
    But it really doesn't work in a middle-ages based fantasy setting.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #784

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Isn't Bleach pseudo-modern? As in cars, High-schools, that sort of thing? Because we have Twilight lynching for that sort of character.
    But it really doesn't work in a middle-ages based fantasy setting.
    Well the Living World is modern, but the Soul Society, is fantasy... Mainly... Awwww... I don't know now. I suppose I could save him for something else.

Hold on. Let me get a new character picked out.

Hehehe... I'll try an evil character instead then.

Maleficent
    Spoiler
    Show

+Cunning, evil
    +Lots of magical power
    +Large horde-like army
    -Her army of course is made up of idiots
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2011-05-20 at 04:44 AM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post

Maleficent
    Spoiler
    Show

+Cunning, evil
    +Lots of magical power
    +Large horde-like army
    -Her army of course is made up of idiots
    Alright. I can approve that.
    Look out for the other evil characters, they'll want to enslave you or eat you.
    Also, look out for the good characters, who are far more competent and less forgiving then the average disney protagonist.
    In fact, watch out for everyone.

Well the Living World is modern, but the Soul Society, is fantasy... Mainly... Awwww... I don't know now. I suppose I could save him for something else.
    Well, our next Twilight Lynching is set in High School, so he might fit in that.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-20 at 05:35 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

That is going to be one interesting high school...I doubt they'll be any normal people there.

In a very disturbing way, that just makes Batman's actions sending Steph and Cass to the school make more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #787

Alright. I can approve that.
    Look out for the other evil characters, they'll want to enslave you or eat you.
    Also, look out for the good characters, who are far more competent and less forgiving then the average disney protagonist.
    In fact, watch out for everyone.

Well, our next Twilight Lynching is set in High School, so he might fit in that.
    Okay then. Thanks!

And as for the first part, this is not some pushover Maleficent. Not when I am controlling her. Ummm... So, where should I stick her in?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

And as for the first part, this is not some pushover Maleficent. Not when I am controlling her. Ummm... So, where should I stick her in?
    What are your objectives with playing her? Is she an independent evil sorcerer, or has she taken the salt of Sauron or Shai-tan?

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    That is going to be one interesting high school...I doubt they'll be any normal people there.

In a very disturbing way, that just makes Batman's actions sending Steph and Cass to the school make more sense.
    Yeah. Sink or swim, right Batman? The world won't go easy on them, and he can never let them forget it.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #789

What are your objectives with playing her? Is she an independent evil sorcerer, or has she taken the salt of Sauron or Shai-tan?

Yeah. Sink or swim, right Batman? The world won't go easy on them, and he can never let them forget it.
    I think she would be with Shai-tan if anybody personally. You know the kind of villain who stands in the middle of the road that the heroes are trying to walk down.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #790
    Ogre in the Playground

I think she would be with Shai-tan if anybody personally. You know the kind of villain who stands in the middle of the road that the heroes are trying to walk down.
    Alright.
    What sort of magic do you want to give her? It's not really made plain in the original medium, so I suppose it's subject to your discretion.
    I'd guess either The True Power, or a channeler with a preference for ritual magic.

Next up, any preferences on Minions?
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #791

Wait....I thought you said the magic WAS still there?
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    Wait....I thought you said the magic WAS still there?
    Yeah, but then I ruled that Soth as a man is badass enough. Remember, he might be out of practice, but he did take out a lich (a lich on level about equal with Xykon) without needing any magic whatsoever back when he was still alive.
    Besides, everyone except Draxx and Matt has magic by this point, and Mat only barely doesn't. We need more variation, and to take Soth in a new direction you need as little ties to his previous unlife as possible.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-21 at 12:27 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

ANOTHER INTRODUCTION IN MAGIC:
    The Wit, and The Skill.
    Skilling is a type of purely mental magic, contacting other minds over a distance, reading minds, and even entering anothers mind, if you so choose, changing whats there. This can be purely perception, actively creating new memories, or dominating their mind completely, totally changing their personality. It's rare in this turn of the wheel, but no less potent for that. The height of this power is Forging, and affecting non-sentient objects with the mind.
    For the most part, The Skill is the magic that gives you ability to feel people, their moods, thoughts and emotions. Those who are strongly skilled can influence them. Two people who have the Skill can use it to discuss with each other, no matter how far they physically are. You can also see what the other sees or hear what he hears. Skill can also be used to heal or to inflict physical pain. Skill-users can use Skill to extend their life. Naturally, it is very, very addictive.

The Wit is similar, one creates a bond with an animal, gaining strength and certain traits from it, and able to make mental contact with it. Humans who gain this power often become animal like themselves, worse even, and come to value their bonded animal more then more normal relationships. The ability to communicate telepathically with animals and be aware of the network of life all around one, and can even use it in a manner simmilar to the skill, but only with their connected animal.
    The Marat in particular exhibit this, but have more control over it then most.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-25 at 11:09 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #794

Oh, I don't mind. I just wanted confirmation. Pity though; a giant wall of fire is great for dramatic proclomations. As would wringing the soul from Nusuada's body.
    Now I'm laughing; one Soth falls in love with her, the other can't stand her. I want to make an odd couple joke.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

15. - Top - End - #795

Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

16. - Top - End - #796

Alright.
    What sort of magic do you want to give her? It's not really made plain in the original medium, so I suppose it's subject to your discretion.
    I'd guess either The True Power, or a channeler with a preference for ritual magic.

Next up, any preferences on Minions?
    Did I not mention her powers source? Sorry, thought I did.

Yeah True Force sounds about right for her, and I'd imagine trollocs would work best for her minions .
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

I'm back.

What's happened in my absence?
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #798

Not too much, me thinks. Very basic things. Cracklord would know better than I, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Did I not mention her powers source? Sorry, thought I did.

Yeah True Force sounds about right for her, and I'd imagine trollocs would work best for her minions .
    Taking into account the alternative explanation I've created for Trollocs, I'd have to disagree that a majority would be a good idea. They are very hard to control. You best be is either undead, Darkfriends, or goblins. Maybe some Dawi Zharr as reluctant allies.

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    I'm back.

What's happened in my absence?
    Soth was brought back to life(!) by Gaborn, who continued to the Varden and managed to talk a third into abandoning their cause.
    And a whole lot of less important stuff.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #800

Ah... Well then, goblins will be a suitable replacement as is.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. Do you want any more powerful and individual minions thrown in as well?
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #802

Alright. Do you want any more powerful and individual minions thrown in as well?
    Hmmm... Ursula. I want Ursula as her higher up minion.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #803
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, sure. I'll start you off as soon as I have a brainwave of where to start you off.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-21 at 11:04 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #804

Thank you very much.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #805
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

[frankenstein]IT'S ALIVE!!![/frankenstein]

Been an eventful couple weeks for me. Malware infection + Moving to a new apartment = Busy times.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Think nothing of it.

Nice new place?
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-22 at 09:23 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Small, but cosy. Neighbours are a bit insane, but that's usual for my life.
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!

<ASVSVA>

28. - Top - End - #808
    Troll in the Playground

One of my friends lives directly under some weird guys apartment, and the walls are thin enough that whenever we hang out at his place, we can hear him walking around.

Yeah. Neighbors are kind of weird.
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-05-22 at 09:26 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Mine don't speak any english, so no news is good news.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I have met three of my neighbours so far: The radical Muslim family whose father resents me for some reason, the 68 year old woman with the 21 year old boyfriend and Bob, who talks to himself loud enough that I can hear him through the walls.

<ASVSVA>