New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Yeah, I apologize about that. I'm frankly just not sure what to have him...well...do. 'He spends the next month being alive' does not a good campaign make.

So yeah, I'm just going to go with what you said, travel through on his way to Kitaria. It's the best I can come up with.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

If you cannot adapt to the game, force the game to adapt to you. Secret of a enjoyable experience.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

I think this might be the first time Rand's actually been alone with all three of them at once.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

No, he was with all three during Winter's Heart, when they were bonded.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #905

Cracklord, I am gonna be gone for a week due to Finals.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

It's cool. We seem to be in a little lull at the moment anyway.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah...this week's finals week for me as well. Expect sporadic posting in between exams.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry about it.
    Mine are next week.

Also, working on how the gods work (I was thinking of having them bound in a cycle of reincarnation once a turn of the wheel, to keep them from replaying the same story indefinately, you know? Gandalf becomes Paladine, Astinus picks a new historian, Malus becomes Khaine after T'Zarken steals his soul and Khaine's hunger bonds permenantly with him, Takhisis dies and the daughter of Night (Mina) replaces her, and so on).
    Definately nothing to do with belief creating them, that's not only ridiculously smug and a boring take on Jungian Archetypes, it's also been done to death, revived, and then killed again, and besides, it doesn't work for fantasy, unless you're deconstructing it. Urban fantasy maybe, but not high fantasy.

And working on a way of including stuff from Malazan Book Of The Fallen, because that is an awesome series, and because I want to make things even more complicated. I was thinking of starting with the Mallazan Empire, and having Ankh-Morpork, Waterdeep and the rest of those cities the sight of it. Yes, that doesn't quite fit, but it doesn't really matter, it's cool.

Furthermore, the drow and Druchii are not quite the same species. The Drow are descendents of Morathi and her Tiste Andii lover (who she meets after Feanor), who left the Land of Chill for the Underdark, and built the cities of the drow (note, Morathi is so long-lived, there are two incarnations of her alive at once!), while the Druchii are the inheritors of her son, Malekith the Witch-King.

I'm already including Ascendants. For those who haven't read this spectacular series, Ascendants are individuals who have transcended death in some way, making them effectively more or less immortal, but can be killed. They also have access to magic, even if they were not mages prior to their ascension.
    Elflords are Ascendants by default, but humans can get there. Of course, it's not necesary to become one to be the top of your generation, or even your age, but it does make you a cut above the rest, and it explains how some men without magic can deal with elemental powers or whatever.

Hey, studying for Statistics is boring.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-06-06 at 10:12 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Pixie in the Playground

Since you seem to have everything figured out, how do you explain alternate dimensions (Wheel of Time), and worse, Time Travel (Dragonlance).
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

The Wheel is actually a gear in a vast cosmic difference engine.

Done.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

That works, industrious, but it's a bit of a cop-out. Instead lets use the whole 'Time Travel creates a different reality' thing. It works pretty well in this case. All the alternate realities are alternate realities, and the pattern cannot be influenced by the changes (which explains why Rastlin was afraid he was trapped in walking the exact same steps and eventually dying). However, there are a finite number of alternate realities, so yes, our choices matter. Or not, since regardless of our choices we still walk the same path in every one of our lives, regardless of whether we want to or not. The only way to be even crueller would be to bring in the whole 'Wall of the Faithless' thing from Forgotten Realms as well.

Also, this means that Kender are the one species that are completely outside the domain of the pattern. So Tasselhoff, for example, can kill Rand Al'Thor if he wants (). Well, I mean obviously Rand is a blademaster and the most dangerous living being at the moment, one step bellow the gods, but were Tas to somehow stab a knife in Rand, the pattern would not be able to arrange a respite, and he would die.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

Rand's in what has to be the most awkward position ever.

I'll have to think about what he's going to say. Or how he's going to say it.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    Rand's in what has to be the most awkward position ever.

I'll have to think about what he's going to say. Or how he's going to say it.
    I set this up just so I could spring this on you
    He has two girls pregnant, and the only one who isn't in the room is asking him to marry him. Awesome.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

Also, Elaine is his (very distant) cousin somehow.

Which means...that this entire fantasy game takes place in West Virgina! I should have realized!

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    Also, Elaine is his (very distant) cousin somehow.
    Which means...that this entire fantasy game takes place in West Virgina! I should have realized!
    Actually I think it's not illegal more then three generations back or something, simply because it's too hard to keep track of.

And as an Australian, allow me to substitute West Virginia for Tasmania. Hey, you're the one where the states all have different laws.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, it was only after our 'Civil War/War of Northern Aggression' that people really started to view the U.S. of A. as a single nation rather than an alliance of states.

And as a point of self-reminding, Tavi needs to twist Rand's arm and get those Dream-Wards set up.

After taking a nice, long nap.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

We've only been federated a century, and we've still more or less got the same rules wherever we are (we make exceptions for trial law sometimes)

Alright Animekid, lets cover the basics. Yes, Nanobot has drooped out. So in regards to Link, well, it might be easier to drop the character. If you want to keep him, I'll take steps to get him involved again, and Necron can be an NPC.
    Yes, Darkblade has dropped out. That one, however, has provisions, and Auron can be reintroduced with a minimum of trouble. He is currently been enslaved by Shota the Witch woman, who has used speels to control his mind. Fortunately, she should be dying soon, and he can do his thing.
    And Lazlo is with Tavi at Terim. Tavi is asleep and talking to Jagang, and Rand is facing marriage by one of his three girlfriends.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-06-07 at 09:24 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay then, I'll drop Link. Don't want to give you to much trouble, believe me I have been a DM/GM a lot so I know how hard it can be. Especially with something this vast.

Thx for the info Cracklord.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, I just want to say this. Cracklord, when you typed about how Glorfindel arrived on a white charger, I suddenly got the image of him pulling up behind the wheel of one of these.

Spoiler
    Show

Minus the fuzzy dice in the mirror, of course. Or maybe not, hard to tell.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

... Yeah, I can see how you got that impression.
    I meant Asfaloth.

By the way, on elves. As is well known, elves are better then humans. In that they are more likely to be channelers, more likely to have talents or be elementalists, ect. They cannot be Ta'vern, however. They are more trapped by the pattern then anyone else.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys. First off, I'm sorry for not posting lately. Second, unfortunately I might have to post even less for a little bit.

Basically, I'm going on a camping trip for around four days. I'll have internet access, but I might not have the opportunity to use it all the time. So, I'm apologizing for it ahead of time. Could ultimately be nothing, but still, I figured I'd let you guys know.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fine.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #923

Yes! School is finally over, which means Noe I can devote all my time to you guys! No more absences, what did I miss?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Not much pertaining to you. But you better look over it anyway.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #925

Okey doke. Thanks.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

I just found a really great image of Nasuag on DevArt:

Spoiler
    Show

Really captures the combination of feral fury and warrior poet culture that is the Canim.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

It does, actually.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Dwarf in the Playground

How would you like me to reintroduce Nekron and the Beast into the game?
    Since I'm bring Nekron back, does that mean Link is still in game as well, are they still fighting?

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose it does. Link and Necron are still fighting.
    The Beast, however, really doesn't fit the direction the game has taken, can I convince you to change characters?
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Orc in the Playground

*collapses through the door, lying face down*

Uuuuugh...

Okay, wow. I'm alive. Barely. So, I'll do my best to post tonight. Hopefully I haven't missed anything important.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show