New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: In Character

Duc de Redouter, Eye of Mondo

The beholder Tyrant notices the approach of Edistrus, and went to meet him, keeping a careful eye on the beholders, the fiery orange-red jewel acting as the pupil of his abyssal eye. "Who do I have the honor of welcoming to the Eye of Mondo?"
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Edistris, Eye of Mondo
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Beat me to it LA. After seeing Rizban's response OOC, I thought to myself "Well at least Duc is there."

Edistris smiled. "I am Edistris Estras, god of dreams and lies. I have come because the dreams of the petty mortals are pleading for fire, and I think it is a delightful notion. What are your thoughts..."

He waited for a name.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2010-11-14 at 08:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

The Duc bowed to the god. "I am the Duc, the Duc de Redouter" without pausing to explain what that meant, the Duc continued "I know little of the desires of the mortals, it is merely my duty to keep the Little Eyes from behaving as the mortals do. If you are looking for Mondo, you have come to the wrong place, this is merely his Eye, Mondo dwells in Pyrokus." The Duc concludes his explanation, assuming the god could find his own where there if need be.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Edistra Estras-Eye of Mondo

The god did not move. He enjoyed this spot where the light shone. "Duc..." The world stretched out as Edistris tasted it on his lips. "Are you satisfied with being in charge of floating eyes? Do you fancy that your potential? Perhaps I have found the right god after all."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

The Duc pauses, as if he had never considered that. "Well, perhaps I COULD extend myself a little bit. Perhaps if the mortals did not always act as they did the Beholders would not be so tempted to act as they do... but then, Mondo is always watching here, this is his eye after all."

Despite his words however, something implicit in the way he said what he did may give the idea that his words are not meant quite as literally as one might take them...

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Edistris Estras-Eye of Mondo

"A little? Yes, only a little. The Duc can see the image of an eye grow inside Edistris's pupils. An image forms within its image and extends perhaps to an infinite amount of eyes within each eye. "Let me leave you with one parting thought then, Duc. If your obstacle is not with your little eyes, but with all the other mortals, then why do you sit idly by as you do? If your little eyes truly are plagued by everyone else, your task will never be complete under the current flow of existence is changed to one... more in line with what you desire."

Edistris drifted away, and then dissipated to go see the lord of fire.

The Edge of Pyrokus

"God of fire, you have already seen me, no? Could your eye hear as well, or must I introduce myself once more?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

Mondo turns away from his daughter to allow her to take her first steps in the world alone, as all parents must some day do. Sadly, it comes all too quickly for those of the divine.

As the new godling approaches Pyrokus, the crown of eyestalks atop Mondo's brow begin to writhe in irritation.

"What do you want, Edistris? Did not your deception of Duc sate your thirst? You shall find no satisfaction here."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus
    Josiah quietly waited for Mondo to complete his other conversations. Looked over the Inevitables, admiring their marriage of form and function, their dedication to order.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2010-11-14 at 11:50 PM.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

Mondo notices Josiah and turns his shoulder towards Edistris.

"It appears as if another dwarf has entered my realm. Does your master send you to try to claim my element? I wondered when the next would appear."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus

Josiah bowed to the elder god and when he spoke his tone was one of the utmost deference and consideration.

I am here of my own devices. I have no desire to steal what is rightfully yours. I am here to pay my respects. I have admired your work. While I consider myself a mild craftsman you have made great wonders, fixing your eye in the void to provide light to our fledgling world, and creating great races to maintain order.

I have some interest in order myself and was wondering if I could study under you and perhaps one day request your aid in making a tool to maintain the order against those who would see the heavens and earth in chaos.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

"And what, exactly, do you expect to learn from me? I am no sage or bearer of great wisdom. I see what must be done; then I do it, no matter how difficult that may be."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus

"I wish to learn your art at the making of things. My father though he possess his own virtues is not a craftsmen. He is a perfecter of flesh, not of steel. If I sought to perfect my sinews or lift a great weight I could turn to him.

But If I were to make a tool, especially a tool of order it seemed obvious that I must turn to you for guidance. I wish for your knowledge and skill for where you see what must be done and make your metal children, so to do I see a need for a weapon that may force back oncoming destruction.
    "
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

"Interesting. If you desire to create weapons, then you should speak to one who would have use for such. I create only tools; however, I might have a solution for you, should you care for it.

Do you accept my proposal?
    "
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus

As I have said, I trust in your wisdom. What is your proposal?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

"So, you refuse it then."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus
    I must confess to some some confusion. Whatever it is, I accept it.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

"Very well, then I shall return shortly."

Mondo drags himself across Pyrokus back to the diaphanous maw of the machine where his tentacles wrap themselves around several fluid filled sacs and begins to squeeze them in varying patterns, making almost a musical sound as bile is forced through the system.

Moments later the machine begins to belch forth smoke and a fine spray of molten mithril. The process completes, the membranes pull back, and an Inevitable unlike any other before it emerges from the depths. It body of adamantine and mithral and obdurium, scorched black by the Fires of Pyrokus, though shimmering gold filigree glints flawlessly across the plates of its body.

Mondo snatches up the construct in his claws and carries it back to where Josiah waits. He sets the machine down before the dwarf and says, "Here I give you Belos, the first Viasura, Inevitable of War."

Imparting the form with a flickering of his own Fire, Belos snaps to life, his purpose already programmed. It is he who will forge the weapons of war for the Inevitables and he who will teach Josiah what he wishes to know.

"You have now what you came seeking. Remember this only, be careful in attaining what you desire. It is always less and yet far more than you ever imagine."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belos, Pyrokus.

The awe inspiring form of Belos lurches to life as the divine fire races across his countless metal plates. It follows the sweeping curves of gold filigree until it finally pours into his fearsome black helmet. The blaze continues to rage with a fury that is clearly visible through the visor slits, and it increases in intensity until it casts a somewhat orange glow upon all things standing before him lest they shine with a radiance of their own. At first there is a long rumble in his chest as his speech servos churn to life, but that rumbling eventually becomes a series of booming words. Each statement is a grand proclamation.

"Greetings! I am the unit designated as Belos, the Inevitable of War. I am the greatest weapon ever crafted by the gods, and by the divine will of Fire Lord Mordo I am the greatest craftsman of weapons. I have in my arsenal the concepts for countless blades, projectiles, blunt instruments, and arcane devices that could sheer the essence of a god in twain. Given adequate facilities I can cause the very heavens to quake in terror, or equip them to throw back any invader."

The joints of his adamantine and mithril form possessed countless fine gears that allowed him to smoothly lean down towards Josiah in what might be a very intimidating manner. This time his voice was a mere inquisitive whisper.

"Would you like to know more?"

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Seelia, Pyrokus

After watching the world and the other gods, much becomes clear to Seelia.

"How fitting that you who are my father, are also the one who gave us the energy to grow. We shall always look upon your eye as you look upon us.

I thank you also for putting away our most hated enemies, fire and metal, for these have to power to destroy us.

Now that I have created a haven for al creatures natural, I should learn more about the powers that be. I will go and speak with Terran, Josiah and Sozuchi for they complete the circle of life. You (Mondo), Terran and Sozuchi have created the basics from which we can grow. Josiah makes sure it returns after death, so it can be used again.

Seelia, Pyrokus

Josiah, what I grow, you destroy, from what's left I grow again. We can not work without the other. We should work to maintain this cycle. Therefore I would like to ask you this: Please don't have Belos teach the world how to make axes. They bring nothing but pain and suffering to the world. The creatures on the world must learn that nature is forever, and thus they will learn to coexist with it, rather than feed of it. Wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited by Moranica; 2010-11-15 at 06:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seramus View Post
    Belos, Pyrokus.
    "Greetings! I am the unit designated as Belos, the Inevitable of War. I am the greatest weapon ever crafted by the gods, and by the divine will of Fire Lord Mordo I am the greatest craftsman of weapons. I have in my arsenal the concepts for countless blades, projectiles, blunt instruments, and arcane devices that could sheer the essence of a god in twain. Given adequate facilities I can cause the very heavens to quake in terror, or equip them to throw back any invader."
    The joints of his adamantine and mithril form possessed countless fine gears that allowed him to smoothly lean down towards Josiah in what might be a very intimidating manner. This time his voice was a mere inquisitive whisper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moranica View Post
    Seelia, Pyrokus
    Josiah, what I grow, you destroy, from what's left I grow again. We can not work without the other. We should work to maintain this cycle. Therefore I would like to ask you this: Please don't have Belos teach the world how to make axes. They bring nothing but pain and suffering to the world. The creatures on the world must learn that nature is forever, and thus they will learn to coexist with it, rather than feed of it. Wouldn't you agree?
    Josiah, Pyrokus
    Josiah looked first to the newly formed Viasura and then his fellow godling. When he spoke it was slow and measured, each word carefully chosen to allow no doubt as to his intent.
    I would be loath to bring harm to nature, for as you have said cousin Seelia, it is as much a part of me as I a part of it. So to that end Belos, I believe I would hear more of these blunt instruments.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Iwaishi, Boughs of the Elder Tree, Kamigawa

The sight would be, to an outside observer who managed to get this far up off the ground, rather absurd. The tiny, withered old man sat in a crook in the vast branches like a child in an orchard tree. And he appeared to be talking to himself, to those who lacked the patience to listen to the other half of the conversation.

"Haha! Of course, of course. She's a fine girl, she just needs practice. No, no... that is not what worries me..."

The reply came as a deep rumbling in the spirit world, too long and slow for most to be able to make out the words. But if Iwaishi's long life had taught him anything, it was patience.

"Haaaaaarruuumm... what... then... ills... you... friend?"

"Nothi... bah, you know what, why hide it? My project is... not going well. I do not understand! It should be possible, and I know of none with more powerful magic than I, save the Empress herself."

"What... if... it... is... not... power... that... matters?"

"Indeed. As always, I will continue. We must find the answer somewhere. The only question is..."

"...time. You... are... dying. You... fear... passing... on?"

The old man closed his eyes and lifted his face towards the heavens.

"Of course not. Five centuries I have walked these lands. Four of them I have served Her Majesty as one of her Generals, and master of Earth. I have lived well, and look forward to being able to rest and help whoever comes to fill my shoes. What I fear is that I will die with my work unfinished..."

"Many... years... since... you... began... this... work. What... drives... you... so?"

"Call it mad, but... a dream."

Iwaishi reached up and grasped his hand into a fist, as if holding the stars themselves in his hand.

"This will change everything, my old friend! Such power in the hands of humanity! The power to take the world in our hands, and pierce the heavens themselves!"

"...This... you... have... already..."

"Say again?"

"All... you... need... do... is... use... it..."
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Inverted World

Hal'Xaazar appeared in the inverted world, standing on the pristine waters of a vast ocean, no longer in anyone's shape, but his own.

"Josiah."

With that one word, the surface of the ocean before Hal'Xaazar turned silver, and the silver rose above the waveless surface into a decrepit form, engulfed in vines, but featureless.

"It is impressive, that you would see fit to oppose me, but such is a focus I cannot grant you, child, thus must I mirror Terran and Mondo in deed, and see to it that you are properly opposed."

As Hal speaks, the false vines whiter away, and the false flesh rots down until only bones remain.

"I gave death to the mortal world, and from it you were born, but now you and yours think to enforce it beyond the boundaries I set, and that I shall oppose, this misconstruction of my command."

With a movement of his hand, Hal'Xaazar changes the silvery surface into a golden hue.

"Never was it my intent that death form a cycle, and never was it my command that the dead lay still... Life may fade, but death may be eternal."

The sea turns back to normal, as Hal'Xaazar adresses his creation.

"So Terran thinks I can make nothing new? Let's see about that, Immortas."

Spoiler
    Show
    It is undeath time!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Duc de Redouter, Mondo's Eye

As the liar god leaves, the Duc snorts in his mind. Did he think the Duc a fool? If so, his cover was working at least well enough to fool the Liar. Of course the Duc had ambitions beyond this place, he was created too grand of a nature not to. But he was no fool either. He would not openly work upon the mortal plane, even if he thought Mondo would approve. No, best not to rouse suspicions any more than he needed to. Mondo might be watching him more closely now thanks to his conversation with the Liar, but if his suspicions were seen to be unfounded, Mondo would become less sensitive to minor suspicions.

However, while the Duc would lay low here, being seen as trustworthy, he would still work on the mortals. All would be brought to heel by the Duc, even if they never knew he existed...

Kamigawa

And so on the world below, he began his work. Working atop the Eye, the Duc had watched creation, and watched the gods as well when he could. He would of course need to subvert their efforts to achieve his own. Their plans and goals were but casualties in his efforts. First he began with The Rot. The Duc had noted the effects of the Rot on the mortal population, had seen the realm from afar, he knew the terrors such a fate could hold for the fragile creatures, slowly decaying on their rock, and he would exploit it. But whom to approach first? The Elves lived long, their fear of death was not so strong, the Dwarves were hearty, they would not give easily into his whispers... but the Humans. The humans were strong of character, but short of life. That would ultimately work against them... yes, the Humans would be an ideal place to start.

With an act of will the Duc exerted himself in the mortal world, though not physically, and he did well to keep such actions hidden, both physically and covering the small divine exertions he used to push his efforts. Slowly, on the world below, he began to affect the minds of the humans, and he began to speak to them. Shadowy figures, half-unreal would whisper to the humans in their dreams and in their hearts, but all they remembered was hearing whispers from some companion unremembered, and rumors began to spread. The humans began to become more aware of the Rot, and the dreadful fate that took hold of those who showed too much caution, but as ever with such things, the message became... muddled, with time.

Where once cowardice was rewarded with slowly rotting away in The Rot, soon those too overcautious slowly began to weaken and age in the mortal realm more quickly, and in The Rot they would toil as slaves until their bodies gave out and they died a slow second death, and eventually the line between any caution and cowardice began to thin, and became blurred. The whispers spread, the rumors grew louder, and soon their was a clamor all about the Human Empire. Word was spreading that those who gave into their cautious nature no longer became spirits, their souls were spirited away, cheated of their rightful place, and would slowly melt and dissolve as they worked slavishly in the hellish afterlife of the Rot. No Caution could be heeded, if any man woman or child wished to join their forebears as ancestors, they could not wait for their lives to end naturally, they must throw all caution to the winds and the spirits, and embrace danger and risk. Their lives would be meaningless, and they would not last. There was such a thing as too careful, and no one could risk incurring the wrath of the being they began to know as the Decaying Demon, Josiah, who they cursed with their dying breaths, as they spent their lives rashly, risking everything to avoid the Hell of the Rot.

5AP=11AP-5AP Curse Kamigawa, people everywhere take needless risks, people throw caution to the wind and go out to prove themselves not a coward, killing many -1AP Lead Populous Humans think Josiah is Evil.
    7/12 Growth Points.
    (I didn't know whether Kamigawa was to be counted as a large or a smaller kingdom, will change if necessary)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belos, Pyrokus.
    Belos smoothly raised itself back to his full height with a brief 'whirr' of the relevant gears the moment that Josiah makes his request. The inevitable begins to contort in a slightly awkward fashion as metal plates slide across his exterior with flawless craftsmanship. Each time that a plate slides away, Belos flexes in a manner that causes some form of blunt instrument to spring out in a menacing and attack-worthy position. The number of weapons displayed is extensive and it quickly becomes obvious that there is not enough space within his admittedly massive frame to contain them all. His voice is, as expected, booming and he goes through the list with practiced efficiency.

"Aklys, Bulawa, Club, Chúi, Hakapik, Hoeroa, Kotiate, Leiomano, Mace, Mere, Millwall Brick, Morning Star, Patu, Pernach, Shillelagh, Tewhatewha, Waddy, Wahaika, Hammer, Ball-Peen Hammer, Bush Hammer, Claw Hammer, Dead Blow Hammer, Framing Hammer, Froe, Gavel, Mallet, Power Hammer, Reflex Hammer, Sledgehammer, Maul, Splitting Maul, Steam Hammer, Toffee Hammer, Trip Hammer, Upholstery Hammer, War Hammer, Baseball Bat, Baton, Bo, Brass Knuckles, Cane, Chainlock, Cosh, Eku, Gunstaff, Hanbo, Jo, Lathi, Naboot, Otsuchi, Otta, Quarterstaff, Shareeravadi, Tambo, Tonfa, Yubi-bo, Macana, Maquahuitl, Scutum, Quauhololli, Greatclub, Flail, Heavy Flail, Double Flail, Triple-Headed Flail, Scourge, Goremaul, Grand Goremaul, Craghammer, Mordenkrad, Lucern Hammer, Bec De Corbin, Tetsubo, and a Large Rock."

"The weapons I have just shown you represent less than 7% of the designs contained within my mental archives. All can be extensively modified with machinery or enchantments to become suitable for use at the hands of a god for whatever project he or she deems worthy of such a profound weapon."

Belos gives a final flex that causes any remaining weapons on display to snap back into their resting positions with only the sound of a few clicking gears. All the heavy adamantine and mithril plates across his body settle into their original place. He then inclines his head approximately 15 degrees to the right and once again speaks in that inquisitive whisper.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Mondo, Pyrokus

Mondo turns away from his daughter to allow her to take her first steps in the world alone, as all parents must some day do. Sadly, it comes all too quickly for those of the divine.

As the new godling approaches Pyrokus, the crown of eyestalks atop Mondo's brow begin to writhe in irritation.

"What do you want, Edistris? Did not your deception of Duc sate your thirst? You shall find no satisfaction here."
    Edistirs waited and observed as Mondo finished his dealings with other deities before he spoke. "Mondo, my satisfaction does not derive from some trivial concept such as getting what I want all the time. My joy stems from seeing others struggle to make their dreams a reality, wehther that reality is ismply in their minds or not." Edistris stuck his hand in the fires and elt it dance around his fingers. "The mortals are not too different than your flames, great one. Reactionary, dangerous, fickle, but also holding a great deal of potential. Tell me Mondo, what determines the value of something, whether it be a mortal village, or an element at our command, or even the value of one of us gods?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Chept, Banchept, and the Chept tribes

The nomadic family hunter-gatherer family groups were always moving, always flowing, and ever not-boring. This made Sozuchi very happy, and he contentedly watched his children his siblings interacted with them in new, strange ways. He himself frolicked in the Riverways, keeping watch on the World to ensure no water was harmed by becoming stagnant.

To Chept and Banchept, though, their children had so much more potential than this, but it just was not being realized. They could see that the Croc who developed a better tool for hunting could benefit greatly from the Cat who developed a piece of clothing to better grip their tools when slicked by water. However, these wonderful inventions never lasted longer than a generation or two, if the technology happened to be passed on to children. None but the Eags were very attentive parents, though, and the Eags rarely invented anything. When they did, it often was something that was only useful to the inventor, and not to the Chepts as a whole.

They longed for something which could aid their children in improving themselves. They once more sought out their father to help them achieve their goals. They traveled to the Riverways once more.

Sozuchi, Chept and Banchept - the Riverways

"Daddy, we want something to help our children remember when they learn something new. They invent wonderful new things, but the knowledge is not passed on, and it is lost until someone else re-invents it. They are beginning to repeat themselves in cycles, and need to retain what is lost to advance forward." Banchept asked of their Daddy.

"Their knowledge is growing stagnant, you say? THis is not good. It too must flow, and be not-boring. Select an animal and I will raise it up to be the wise ones among the Chept. They will remember all that their parents know, even as they never know them. Anything they are taught by another Chept will remain with them and their children forever. Go now, and select your next race of children."

The two went out to Water World, and selected the next animal to become a Chept. They looked far and wide, and eventually came to settle upon one that suited their purposes. It did not care for its children, but their children seemed to know from birth exactly what it took to survive. They took and presented it to Sozuchi to transform.

He was pleased by their choice, and shaped from it a mighty race. The mighty anaconda was shaped into a large, powerful race, nearly as large as the Crocs. The Boa'Chepts were born. Each of them knew little for now, but they would grow more knowledgeable, and their children would retain all that they knew.

Pleased with their latest children, Chept and Banchept lead them to Water World, where they began to interact with the others. Over the next few generations, the Chepts came to revere the Boas for their immense wisdom.

The Faeri found these children odd, and therefore refreshingly not-boring. They aided their spirits and helped them to unlock the memories of their ancestors. In return, they asked only that the Boas live for the present, and never become too involved with the past.

Over the course of a century, the Chepts began to advance. With the Boas to guide them, they eventually came to create a city. This city, though, was unlike any other, for it did not rest upon the land, but floated upon the waters, each building floating independent of all others. With the might of the Crocs, the agility of the Cats, the nurturing of the Eags, the cunning of the Set, and the wisdom of the Boas, the floating city of Sozengrad was born. Ever moving along the riverways, it could even move against the current with the might of its enchanted River Adept magics.

This city was the religious center of the Chept peoples, where Sozuchi was revered and the Old Ones were worshiped.

Spoiler
    Show
    the Chepts have the Ronin class, but call it the River Adept. also, bookkeeping:

ap: 1=2-1 (create the Boa'Chepts)
    ap: 0=1-1(lead populatce to create their first civilization, Sozengrad)

gp: 5/15
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daelrog View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edistirs waited and observed as Mondo finished his dealings with other deities before he spoke. "Mondo, my satisfaction does not derive from some trivial concept such as getting what I want all the time. My joy stems from seeing others struggle to make their dreams a reality, wehther that reality is ismply in their minds or not." Edistris stuck his hand in the fires and elt it dance around his fingers. "The mortals are not too different than your flames, great one. Reactionary, dangerous, fickle, but also holding a great deal of potential. Tell me Mondo, what determines the value of something, whether it be a mortal village, or an element at our command, or even the value of one of us gods?"
    Mondo, Pyrokus

"An extensive mathematical calculation including all known variables, relevant theories, standard basic assumptions of the Natural Order, and enough Chaos Theory to achieve output normalization."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Edistris Estra, Pyrokus

"Very well said. Theories, assumptions, variables. The worth of something is not constant. You might just say that to qualify one thing as better over the next is something of a lie. Then again, I find great pleasure in seeing men dream over gold when their houses are made of much more manageable materials. It is interesting to see what makes one woman more desireable when both are equally able to bare children. However, I wonder if you feel the same way. Do you enjoy scoffing at the works of other gods for the humor of claiming yourself better, or do you truly mean it?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

"When have I ever claimed myself greater than my peers? You have never heard me say such a thing, nor would you hear it even in my dreams, assuming I ever took the time to dream.

I will say only this truth. I am better in Fire than my peers, just as Terran is better in Earth, Sozuchi is better in Water, and Julien is better in Air. Thus were the elements portioned, and thus does each have his prowess.

I do not understand your purpose in this line of reasoning.
    "
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seramus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Belos, Pyrokus.
    "Aklys, Bulawa, Club, Chúi, Hakapik, Hoeroa, Kotiate, Leiomano, Mace, Mere, Millwall Brick, Morning Star, Patu, Pernach, Shillelagh, Tewhatewha, Waddy, Wahaika, Hammer, Ball-Peen Hammer, Bush Hammer, Claw Hammer, Dead Blow Hammer, Framing Hammer, Froe, Gavel, Mallet, Power Hammer, Reflex Hammer, Sledgehammer, Maul, Splitting Maul, Steam Hammer, Toffee Hammer, Trip Hammer, Upholstery Hammer, War Hammer, Baseball Bat, Baton, Bo, Brass Knuckles, Cane, Chainlock, Cosh, Eku, Gunstaff, Hanbo, Jo, Lathi, Naboot, Otsuchi, Otta, Quarterstaff, Shareeravadi, Tambo, Tonfa, Yubi-bo, Macana, Maquahuitl, Scutum, Quauhololli, Greatclub, Flail, Heavy Flail, Double Flail, Triple-Headed Flail, Scourge, Goremaul, Grand Goremaul, Craghammer, Mordenkrad, Lucern Hammer, Bec De Corbin, Tetsubo, and a Large Rock."

"The weapons I have just shown you represent less than 7% of the designs contained within my mental archives. All can be extensively modified with machinery or enchantments to become suitable for use at the hands of a god for whatever project he or she deems worthy of such a profound weapon."

Belos gives a final flex that causes any remaining weapons on display to snap back into their resting positions with only the sound of a few clicking gears. All the heavy adamantine and mithril plates across his body settle into their original place. He then inclines his head approximately 15 degrees to the right and once again speaks in that inquisitive whisper.

Josiah, Pyrokus

Josiah contemplated for a moment. Thought of the bone his workers were already refining.

Could you show me cudgel and club again and expand upon those two weapons?
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2010-11-15 at 04:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show