New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: In Character

Mondo, Pyrokus

"You break the Natural Order of the world, then you invade my home threatening violence. You are not welcome here, Blasphemous One."

With a flexing of his muscles, Mondo causes the very fabric of Pyrokus to flex and warp, ejecting Immortas from the plane. The divinely morphic quality of Pyrokus then ensures that any future attempts of Immortas to force his way in are met with impenetrable walls of Fire and Metal.

Turning back to his children, his allies, and the other supplicants, Mondo speaks calmly.

"I apologize for the rude behavior of that one. I will not tolerate such asinine doings in my home. You will do well to remember this."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora, Pyrokus.
    Sora watched calmly as the newest godling named... (what did he say his name was? Immortas?) was entwined by the very fabric of reality and boldly ejected from the realm of Pyrokus. He would have to remember that little trick if he ever created a home for himself. Still, the duel had been declared before nearly a half dozen divine entities and he could not help but wonder if Josiah would accept. Sora waited patiently for his turn to speak to the elder god, and when the time was right he kneeled respectfully.

"Most brilliant of the elder gods, I am Sora the Lifebringer, Twice Beloved of Julien, and the Oldest of Children. I have come to you because you are said to craft items of wondrous might, such as the brilliant eye that hovers above the world, and this entire realm that is marvellously crafted of fire and metal. I wish to commission your assistance for the creation of an artifact of great power, such that I may better defend my children from predation. I am proud of them, and they will grow strong with their own struggles, but divine forces abound that seek to oppose or annihilate them before they have been given a fair chance to shine."
    Last edited by Incendax; 2010-11-16 at 09:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Akhat -- Kamigawa

The figure stood silently, contemplating as time washed over him. Finally, he spoke.
    "I will be the coming of the sands, to wear away the people. To perfection. Behold, the desert shall arise, and make bleached bones of the weak and the unworthy."

And with a bow, he vanished into the Void.

Akhat -- Void

Beneath the blazing eye, Akhat clapped his hands, and poured out sands upon the material plane. Rock worn down with wind and water, the sand of his body. He took the sands and spread them far and wide, to be scorched, multiplying them, and it pleased him to see. "This is my flesh, the lands that I make, where people will be brought low and humbled, and will fight the land for their very life. They will be shaped and worn to perfection. Those who cannot be perfect will vanish beneath the storms."

He reached down, shaping the land, creating vast dunes of sand, wide spaces of flatness, depressions and valleys, and abutting cliffs of hard rock around. He suffered not the water-rich plants of other domains to grow, but instead brought forth others, low bushes and spined plants, things that were as harsh and unforgiving as the land that they would dwell in, as the people who might survive in such a land would be.

Spoiler
    Show

AP starting 12
    12-9=3 Create/Alter Terrain (Making SR5 desert)
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2010-11-16 at 10:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Mondo, Pyrokus

"Welcome, Sora. I have completed most of my works already, and I have given such responsibilities over to the governance of my children. You seek Belos, who stands here before you."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

5. - Top - End - #215

Kali-Mondo
    "Oh, ah, purpose?" Kali asked, thinking a bit. "Purpose is actually a very interesting point to bring up! Purpose is a derivative of knowledge and conjecture, an intended course of action created when one combines what one knows the status quo to be, and then works to change it with what they wish to be reality."

Tapping his chin, he thought, "Purpose? Oh, yes! That could prove quite interesting- I simply ask for some of your Metal, and whatever else you seek to contribute, to better learn of it, and to provide a standard by which mortals can categorize it. It's more of a courtesy that I ask you to provide it, really, rather than a vital necessity- I'm quite sure mortals will find some of it on their own, but I'm certain it'd serve to help species if there were references on how to identify it and the various means it could be utilized with."

Kali paused for a second at this, realizing that he had- in fact- been blathering. "Err, yes. In short? It'd be appreciated if you could give me and my people some of your Metal, so as to better help myself and mortals understand it. Develop it. Know it."

Duel At High Noon?
    "Duel?" Kali asked abruptly, scratching his chin, "I mean, I'll admit, those Vampires of yours are...unique, but in the grand scheme of things?"

He shrugged, "They just seem to be parasites. Very unique ones- ones that will, most likely, will be something dissected later on. A disease that causes someone to change into what infected them in the first place? Not bad. Not bad at all. There's just quite a bit to deal with. Would you like to donate one or more of them, however? I'm certain they'll make lovely additions to the growing knowledge of my Gnomes...in their current incarnation, anyways." Kali rued at the last sentence, still slightly bothered by some of the glaring "quirks" his creations exhibited.

"But still, I'm afraid a duel is simply out of the question. I really do have no interest in some festival of deities bashing one another over the head! That's what mortals tend to do, after all."
    Last edited by Gunther; 2010-11-16 at 09:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belos, Pyrokus.

"Do not worry. I am confident that my training will result in the overwhelming defeat of your opponent, and then all the heavens will know the undeniable value of divine weapons forged in Pyrokus. But before we begin it will be necessary for me to craft a training tool of my own, lest my own creation threaten to dent my flawless adamantine form. Please be patient while I engage in my craft. Upon completion we will begin your training in Earnest.

The inevitable did not wait for an answer. The gears at his waist spun eagerly as the adamantine creature turned it's fierce orange glow back to the very forge where it crafted the cudgel. A strong flexing of servos slid away countless armored plates. Tools leaped out at the ready for the second time since his creation. Belos worked faster than before, with each tool snapping into the flurry to complete it's job with perfect efficiency. Not a moment is wasted, and yet the process seems to take far longer than that of the cudgel. Perhaps hours pass. The object of Belos' attention is heated, then quenched, heated again, and quenched again. Countless times this process repeats itself until the very air seems heavy with some unnatural force.

Belos releases a burst of steam from his visored helmet. It was the closest thing to a sigh of satisfaction that he was capable of generating. The armored plates began to slide back into place like the slow relaxation of taut musculature. His gears began the smooth transition that turns him about to face Josiah once more. Within his grasp is a black... something... that seems to gently pull at everything within sight with it's own alien gravity.

"Behold. The Black Blade of Disaster."

Spoiler
    Show
    11 AP, Create Artifact(+5 to Battle). 0 AP Remaining. 12/12 Growth.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Josiah, Pyrokus

Josiah beheld the newly forged weapon with a reverent awe. Was this, this edged destroyer, what Seelia had feared and begged him not to forge? He could see why. It struck him as a weapon of brutal intent. Then again, who was he to judge, who had traveled far and petitioned gods simply to procure a means of caving in his rivals' skulls.

It is most impressive cousin. If I am not mistaken it possess a little more power than my own implement.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2010-11-16 at 11:13 PM.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Sozuchi, Chepts, and Gnomes- Oh my!

Turkin, hearing the knocking outside of the hull, gave a small huff of relief. Apparently they hadn't all died on impact, and had- in fact- landed successfully at their destination. Where that destination was was, in fact, another issue entirely. Fumbling about in the dark, he felt at least two of his fellow crew members were unmoving.

Well, that wasn't good. "Anybody else make it?" He asked, finding one of the wicker baskets before groping around. Eventually, he found just what he needed- a stone-headed hatchet.

"Aye."
    "Yes!"
    "Yep."
    "M'hm."
    "I think I broke something!"
    "No you didn't, shut up. Besides, how can you break your body?"
    "I...Good point! I'm okay!"

That was five voices. Good enough, Turkin thought, as he began hacking into the hull. If he was lucky, a bit of hull damage would be the least of their worries. At last putting a few good holes in the hull, he began tearing away the rest with a bit of help. Still being the smartest of the Gnomes present, he brandished his axe at Ninnock.

"Ninny! Congratulations, you get to go check outside!" He ordered, manhandling the flaxen-dressed Gnome out through the crude hole.

"But I-" He began, as he eventually tumbled down off the ship's hull. Several sets of eyes peeked out after him, praying to Kali and anyone else that this place was not only inhabited, but inhabited by very helpful savages that wouldn't try to maim them or eat them.

"Gah!" Ninnock cried, seeing the Chept before him, "Err, I mean, he-ll-o?" He asked, speaking slowly, "I. Am. Ninn-ock." He pointed to the ship with both hands, smiling. For all he knew, that spear could very well have been, well, it's appendage.

"Nice. To. Meet. You." He added, giving a very slow wave.
    Torkin - First Contact

Torkin was puzzled by the strange creature that emerged from the hole chopped in the ship. It was about the size of one of the Set'Chept, but where the Set were small and clever, this creature seemed small and clumsy, at least on first impression. It also was speaking very slowly, as if it had hit its head too hard when it crashed, like an eag'chept that was hatched from its egg too soon.

"You as well. I am Torkin, of the Wet River tribe. Who are you, and how did you come to water world?"

Quote Originally Posted by Solipsism View Post
    Sozuchi & Saeric - The Void

"Yes, that should do nicely..." the god said, extending his hand and throwing what frost he had caught earlier. Bursting when it hit, the flake spread around those who were gathered. The water in the air turned to snow, the outside of the geyser hardened and shattered, and a freezing chill ran through the Chept. For half a second this lasted, but then the snow and ice melted and the peoples knew temperance once more. A few shivers passed through at the memory, however, and the people's rubbed themselves and hopped about in protest.

Pointing to them, his smiling visage finally relented. "There is my blessing, my curse, one in the same. Absence, true absence of the heat of fire. I give your people a month of it, not the harshest, but harsh enough. In a day's time, they will begin to feel the chill returning and dread it, but a day before the end of the month, they will wish it was so warm. At the end of that day, it will be gone, and all will rejoice, invent new games to play and new things to do in revelry that my blessing has left. A season of hardships to forge a season of hope, but the first your people will survive only because I am still weak."

The look in his eye became contemplative, his mind wrapping around what he was to do. "Seek fire, God of All Thing's Not-Boring, seek it to make my gift more interesting. Once it graces that plane again, I will have no reason to hold back my gifts as I have done here. I cannot win this world if I'm not challenged."

1 AP = 2-1 Bestow Blessing/Curse - Winter
    The Chept were terrified at this sign. The water had been killed for an instant, frozen solid and immobile. Surely this was a sign that Sozuchi's blessing had been withheld from them. They fled in panic, only to have Chept and Banchept exhort them to return and face this abomination. Such a work was not of Sozuchi's doing, but of another god who had tricked him.

Sozuchi and Saeric - the Void

The actions of this god of cold horrified him. Never before had someone dared to do what he did in the guise of a gift. He had murdered water. To Sozuchi, motion was the essence of life. To see the pure and holy waters of Water World locked away in a crystalline prison was almost more than he could bear.

However, he held back one hope, one reason not to attempt to destroy this evil being all at once. Maybe it did not understand the import of what it had done. Maybe it did not understand the nature of its crime. He had faith in the Chept to be able to handle themselves in this affair, he had created them strong and diverse, and they had primal magics at their disposal to aid them. However, this crime against Water could not be tolerated.

"You call it a gift, what you did? You murdered water by freezing it, making it immobile, and you call it a gift? My people are strong, they will overcome this hardship like they do any other: unified together. However, you have victimized the very essence of joy with your gift. You freeze the water, make it immobile. Explain to me why I should not attempt to destroy you right now."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-11-16 at 11:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Saeric turned to Sozuchi, all emotion gone from his face, "This is not the world I want, either, but it will happen now. I show this to you first among all others to let you know why fire must be returned. You will be the one most affected, so it is your right to see what will happen in the alternative. My life is threatened for that, yet I have spoken no lie to you in all of our dealing, and that is why you're not going to kill me. You agreed to this, it is as much your sin as mine, but blame right now is not important.

"One month I said, and one month it shall be. Only those peoples touched here will be affected, but you should comfort them and let them know it was I who did this. At the end of that month, you either owe me nothing or a handful of water, but know you can kill me afterwards on the first and your own hand may be the judge of the second." Turning back to watch the world, his eyes betrayed his contemplation of what would happen.

"Besides, I did not kill your water, just slowed it. It kept moving through every trial I put it through, even it shattering was the work of it moving more and more when other elements would have stopped. I do not think I could ever make it quit moving, such is the strength of your element. No, the closest I could ever come would be if I touched it, and that is why I did not enter your realm, nor why I would take water in my own hand. That I will promise you for free, to never touch any water, or present myself promptly for your judgment if I do." He continued to stand in the void, staring at the world. He would not retreat now, even from one as powerful as Sozuchi; besides, he had no way to retreat.
    "Ah, character counts, always standing in my overly-worded way." - Pyrrhic Solipsism

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Saeric turned to Sozuchi, all emotion gone from his face, "This is not the world I want, either, but it will happen now. I show this to you first among all others to let you know why fire must be returned. You will be the one most affected, so it is your right to see what will happen in the alternative. My life is threatened for that, yet I have spoken no lie to you in all of our dealing, and that is why you're not going to kill me. You agreed to this, it is as much your sin as mine, but blame right now is not important.

"One month I said, and one month it shall be. Only those peoples touched here will be affected, but you should comfort them and let them know it was I who did this. At the end of that month, you either owe me nothing or a handful of water, but know you can kill me afterwards on the first and your own hand may be the judge of the second." Turning back to watch the world, his eyes betrayed his contemplation of what would happen.

"Besides, I did not kill your water, just slowed it. It kept moving through every trial I put it through, even it shattering was the work of it moving more and more when other elements would have stopped. I do not think I could ever make it quit moving, such is the strength of your element. No, the closest I could ever come would be if I touched it, and that is why I did not enter your realm, nor why I would take water in my own hand. That I will promise you for free, to never touch any water, or present myself promptly for your judgment if I do." He continued to stand in the void, staring at the world. He would not retreat now, even from one as powerful as Sozuchi; besides, he had no way to retreat.
    Quite mollified by this speech, Sozuchi at once forgave him. He himself did not enjoy being angry with another, and truly, the water was not murdered. He saw that now, and in fact ice was merely a slower state of water than a liquid. One which could do new things that the base liquid couldn't. This would be very important to keep up with for later.

Humbled by this revelation, Sozuchi says, "Please forgive me for jumping to conclusions, it is just that I have never seen water treated so. Indeed, you have opened my eyes to the value of fire. You have taught me a lesson here today, one of great value. My debt to you will be paid in full. Take this, and may it grant you all the water you need."

With that, Sozuchi bites off the smallest tip of his own tail and spits it out towards Saeric. Water gushed from the severed end until it made contact with Saeric, where it immediately froze. With a minor effort of will, Sozuchi regenerated the lost bit of flesh.

"Take this as my payment. Whenever you release this tail charm, water shall stream forth endlessly. I give this to you as your payment for the lesson, and relinquish this to you. Do with it as you will, and do not fear reprisal. What I have relinquished, I cannot then claim dominion over. For such a critical lesson taught, I would call you friend."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Alek, Aura, The Bare Wastes

The armies charged forward... and stopped.
    Every Forsaken on Aura heard the voice of Quarland, echoing through their skulls like a drum. " Your worth has been proven, all of you. The House of En'Quios and the others, all of you have done well, you have proven yourself strong. But you can no longer be divided, not to this extent."
    Alek breathed a sigh of relief. Quarland was not allowing for this slaughter to happen.
    Quarland spoke to his people again. " House En'Quios will be brought down, no stronger than any other House and no longer ruled by Alek. Alek will be your lord. If he can keep his spot, he has earned it. I name him now, first High Monarch of the Forsaken Elves, leader of all Houses. You may war amongst yourselves, but you owe allegiance to the High Monarch, such is my word."
    At this, many nobles who had been full of relief and joy, were filled with fear. Their enemy for decades was now their lord?
    But Quarland spoke again, " Remember my children, all ranks can be replaced..."
    And so the Forsaken saw Quarland's will. Alek the Great was made High Monarch, and the Houses dispersed to once again play their deadly games of assassination and intrigue. And among them was House En'Quios, equal and not above.
    Thus ended the Unification wars...

Alek felt the divine power of Quarland leaving him, and felt confusion. He asked the Masked Lord, " Why are you withdrawing your blessing Lord?"
    The Masked Lord responded, " If you are truly strong enough to be my chosen, you don't need advantage. Oh, and here." A circlet, made enitrely of metal fell from the sky. Metal. Pure metal. The circlet would have been worth more than the combined wealth of any three Houses.
    " A coronation gift."
    Alek went to his personal fortress, now the Castle of the High Monarch. A celebration was held, thousands of nobles flocked to the hedonistic revelry like flies to carrion.

Two cycles later, the party continued.
    On a high tower, Alek leaned on a balcony, looking out into the mists. It was always dark on Aura, as it lay outside the sun circle. He pondered quietly. He heard footsteps behing him. It was his daughter, Vikierna, in a ballroom dress that was the style and holding a mask. The masked ball was one of the greatest hedonistic celebrations of Quarland, almost holy in its excess. There must have been one going on somewhere. Alek turned back to the endless mists.
    "Do you think there's something out there?", he asked.
    "Out where?", she said, "Across the mists?"
    "Yes, we've spent so long warring amongst ourselves, we've never tried to explore the world. That's going to change.", he declared with finality.
    Vikierna move beside him. " Yes, it will.", she said. " One way or another. But do you think you can really rule effectively over people you have warred with for so long?"
    Alek sighed, " I hope so, at least I'll try until they try to replace me." He smiled wryly. " But I don't plan to make that easy for them."
    Vikierna too smiled. " Yes, after all, it is very hard to replace someone who has already been replaced."
    Alek turned in confusion, but stopped. Perhaps he was trying to make sense of that statement. It was a confusing one.
    Perhaps it was the dagger in his spine.
    Vikierna removed the priceless metal circlet from her late father's head. Then she removed her obsidian dagger, wiping the blood on his robes. Then she turned out to look at the mists her father had been watching. She raised a glass of potent alcohol.
    " A toast." she said mockingly to her father's corpse. " To whatever lies beyond the mists. And to Vikierna'Alek'Quios. Second High Monarch." she downed the glass and descended the stairs, leaving the body behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    3AP-3 AP=0AP
    1 AP:Establish Civilization: Forsaken Empire ( FINALLY!)
    1 AP:Create class: Assassin
    1 AP:Lead Populace, Help unify Forsaken (AP dump)
    GP 12/12 DING!
    Last edited by apocalypsePast2; 2010-11-17 at 06:54 PM.
    Four Gods wait on the windowsill
    Where once eight Gods did war and will,
    And if the gods themselves may die,
    What does that say for you and I?

Now three Gods sit on the windowsill,
    Where one God's blood was lately spilled
    Black tounges lap at the spreading pool,
    To build the strength they need to rule.

- The Quartet For The Dusk Of Man, Tycho Ephemerous Brahe

Call me Apoc.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belos, Pyrokus
    Every single gear within the armored body of the inevitable slowly began to wind up. The sound was quite audible as the forge was filled with the echoes of 'click, click, click'. Long moments passed this way until Belos seemed to be practically quivering with tension. The black object within his grip quickly widens and elongates until it consumed the dimensions of a great two handed blade. Nearby objects within the forge are inextricably drawn towards the gravity of the blade, toppling off their workbenches and wall racks with clatters and crashes.

Suddenly, the adamantine armored figure springs into motion; the blade comes crashing down straight towards Josiah's head! Yet, while the blow seems enough to shatter a planet it will prove to be just strong enough for Josiah to repel if he puts his strength into it. The moment he does, Belos rotates along the axis of his body to bring his elbow crashing down towards the back off Josiah's neck. The assault is just slow enough to demonstrate the way Josiah's momentum was used against him. Regardless of the actual outcome, Belos transforms into a blur of whirling, slashing, unbalancing mayhem that practically forces Josiah to react lest he face humiliating consequences. The night is young, and there is plenty of time for practice.

"Again. Again. Again. Again. Again! Again! Again! Again! AGAIN!"
    Last edited by Seramus; 2010-11-17 at 01:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Taking the charm, he placed it in a fold in his clothing. He had no use of the thing now, not until he had a realm of his own, but he was grateful for it. "Some might call you rash, Watery One, but that's poor characterization on their part. You're honest, always letting your true feelings be known, whether happiness or wrath. As for the title of friend, I accept, I would be honored to be known as such by you, and would know you as the same."

Saeric moved his eyes off to his own lands and a frown spread on his face. "Maybe later I can enjoy your company, Sozuchi, but, for now, it seems I have neglected my own children. Take good care of yours, friend. Those who will learn the same lesson as you did today will have it hard, and I fear they were not made for it like my own." With that, he left Sozuchi to whatever tree the seeds he had planted would turn into. He needed a better vantage to see what was happening in his realm

Winter's Breath & Thym'gol- Test of Courage

Again she pestered the avatar, again and again with the same problem. Did she not see how useless this was? He could not make food for them, this was his Master's land, and he could do nothing without his will. The mammoth was too formidable a beast to supply the entire Clansmeet, but that was how the world had been made. Did she not see that to change that would make the world meaningless? Yet still she continued, making new arguments each time. He had no answer for her, not until He gave one, but she kept trying. It was a relief when Saeric finally contacted him.

"Do you not understand? If the Mammoth kills half the clans, we will be too weak to take others down! We will -" A familiar touch stopped her mid-sentence, faster than any word would have, "Silence, Thym, He has spoken. His words are thus, 'Make a weapon of wood and bone, a flexible rod with tendon from the last kill binding it into a curve. Fashion straight sticks with sharp bone tied to the end. Use these to take the beast from a distance.' Go now, and bother me no more. He has given you life, supplies, and now a tool. Bother me no more."

The next kill brought harm to no other, nor the one after that, and so on and so forth. Only those who forgot how to act as one were ever in harm's way among the Goliath, and no one forgot that in this cold.

AP 0 = 1-1 Lead Population (Tool-Making)
    GP = 12/12 Ding! DR 2!
    Last edited by Solipsism; 2010-11-17 at 02:13 AM.
    "Ah, character counts, always standing in my overly-worded way." - Pyrrhic Solipsism

14. - Top - End - #224

"Wait." Ninnock said to himself, "Wait a- You speak our language?!" He suddenly blurted out, looking back to Turkin inside of the craft. The Gnome envoy was suddenly clambering out of the crude hole in the side of the crashed ship, stone hatchet in hand as he tried to go over in his head just what he was supposed to do in a situation like this.

Oh right, there wasn't anything that he was supposed to do. They hadn't expected to find anything more interesting than some rainbow-colored toads, let alone this big, very tough looking thing with a very nasty looking bone spear. And it could speak with the Gnomes, even though it seemed to use some bastardization of Gnomish. Which, as each crew member knew, as the only language actually worth speaking.

Behind Turkin, one of the scribes had taken half of a broken stylus and was quickly writing on one of the scrolls of papyrus, trying to write down everything pertinent. Unfortunately, the scribe was a poet, and tended to over-emphasize everything from the color of grass to the size of the Wetter before him. The other scribe next to him, however, was more than obliging in his fact-checking.

"Greetings! I am Turkin, official Envoy of the Citadel Gnomes!" Turkin introduced himself, skidding down the hull only to land atop Ninnock- who, for his part, gave a small yelp.

Turkin helped the displaced Gnome up with a brief heave, the poor thing coming back up coated head-to-toe in black mud. One of the ship crew gave a high-pitched squeak before passing out, thinking him some sort of monster.

"Pardon my remaining crew." Turkin glossed over, "They've never met such a fine, uhh, Wet River person as yourself. Or even been in a place like this before. A water world, did you call it?" He asked suddenly, swatting at a stray mosquito. "Quite unique." He commented, "Hardly anything like home at all!"

"Speaking of which," He jerked a thumb at the 'landed' ship, complete with a hole in its side, "We came in on this mist-flying-thing. Someone called it a 'vessel', but it doesn't really hold much anymore, now does it?" He grumbled, "All it's got anymore is a handful of old tools. Anyways!" He veered the topic, nodding to himself.

"I am Turkin of the Citadel, Gnomish envoy to your fine, uhh, world of water! Would you be so kind as to help tell us of your people, culture, and eating preferences?" He asked, eying the large spear not as of yet dropped.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Taking the charm, he placed it in a fold in his clothing. He had no use of the thing now, not until he had a realm of his own, but he was grateful for it. "Some might call you rash, Watery One, but that's poor characterization on their part. You're honest, always letting your true feelings be known, whether happiness or wrath. As for the title of friend, I accept, I would be honored to be known as such by you, and would know you as the same."

Saeric moved his eyes off to his own lands and a frown spread on his face. "Maybe later I can enjoy your company, Sozuchi, but, for now, it seems I have neglected my own children. Take good care of yours, friend. Those who will learn the same lesson as you did today will have it hard, and I fear they were not made for it like my own." With that, he left Sozuchi to whatever tree the seeds he had planted would turn into. He needed a better vantage to see what was happening in his realm

Winter's Breath & Thym'gol- Test of Courage

Again she pestered the avatar, again and again with the same problem. Did she not see how useless this was? He could not make food for them, this was his Master's land, and he could do nothing without his will. The mammoth was too formidable a beast to supply the entire Clansmeet, but that was how the world had been made. Did she not see that to change that would make the world meaningless? Yet still she continued, making new arguments each time. He had no answer for her, not until He gave one, but she kept trying. It was a relief when Saeric finally contacted him.

"Do you not understand? If the Mammoth kills half the clans, we will be too weak to take others down! We will -" A familiar touch stopped her mid-sentence, faster than any word would have, "Silence, Thym, He has spoken. His words are thus, 'Make a weapon of wood and bone, a flexible rod with tendon from the last kill binding it into a curve. Fashion straight sticks with sharp bone tied to the end. Use these to take the beast from a distance.' Go now, and bother me no more. He has given you life, supplies, and now a tool. Bother me no more."

The next kill brought harm to no other, nor the one after that, and so on and so forth. Only those who forgot how to act as one were ever in harm's way among the Goliath, and no one forgot that in this cold.

AP 0 = 1-1 Lead Population (Tool-Making)
    GP = 12/12 Ding! DR 2!
    Sozuchi - the Void

Sozuchi bid farewell to his new-found friend and set to work on his latest dream. He quite thoughtlessly borrowed some of Julian's air, or Love as he had been taught to call it and had taught his followers. In it he mixed some superheated steam, and bits of dust. Once the brew had cooled, he tossed in some bits of ice. Still, something was missing from this creation. It was not quite ready yet to be dispersed into the world. He was not sure what it lacked, but sought to add something more to it. For now, he left it to cintinue mixing while he pondered what else to do with it.

"Wait." Ninnock said to himself, "Wait a- You speak our language?!" He suddenly blurted out, looking back to Turkin inside of the craft. The Gnome envoy was suddenly clambering out of the crude hole in the side of the crashed ship, stone hatchet in hand as he tried to go over in his head just what he was supposed to do in a situation like this.

Oh right, there wasn't anything that he was supposed to do. They hadn't expected to find anything more interesting than some rainbow-colored toads, let alone this big, very tough looking thing with a very nasty looking bone spear. And it could speak with the Gnomes, even though it seemed to use some bastardization of Gnomish. Which, as each crew member knew, as the only language actually worth speaking.

Behind Turkin, one of the scribes had taken half of a broken stylus and was quickly writing on one of the scrolls of papyrus, trying to write down everything pertinent. Unfortunately, the scribe was a poet, and tended to over-emphasize everything from the color of grass to the size of the Wetter before him. The other scribe next to him, however, was more than obliging in his fact-checking.

"Greetings! I am Turkin, official Envoy of the Citadel Gnomes!" Turkin introduced himself, skidding down the hull only to land atop Ninnock- who, for his part, gave a small yelp.

Turkin helped the displaced Gnome up with a brief heave, the poor thing coming back up coated head-to-toe in black mud. One of the ship crew gave a high-pitched squeak before passing out, thinking him some sort of monster.

"Pardon my remaining crew." Turkin glossed over, "They've never met such a fine, uhh, Wet River person as yourself. Or even been in a place like this before. A water world, did you call it?" He asked suddenly, swatting at a stray mosquito. "Quite unique." He commented, "Hardly anything like home at all!"

"Speaking of which," He jerked a thumb at the 'landed' ship, complete with a hole in its side, "We came in on this mist-flying-thing. Someone called it a 'vessel', but it doesn't really hold much anymore, now does it?" He grumbled, "All it's got anymore is a handful of old tools. Anyways!" He veered the topic, nodding to himself.

"I am Turkin of the Citadel, Gnomish envoy to your fine, uhh, world of water! Would you be so kind as to help tell us of your people, culture, and eating preferences?" He asked, eying the large spear not as of yet dropped.
    Torkin - first contact

The powerfully built creature with the head of a crocodile, a thick gray hide, powerfully muscled arms and legs, and a thick, broad tail looked at these rather excited creatures for a moment, then proceeded to answer the question to the best of his ability.

"I am not a Boa, to have the lore of our people known from birth, but I will tell you of what I do know. We are the Chepts, the children of Sozuchi, creator of Water World and lord of the Not-boring. There are five of us crafted by his hand, and the Old Ones, who lead us."

"We are five races, lead by the immortal Old Ones, the favored of the Faeri. I am a Croc'Chept, of the firstborn race, made from the crocodile to give Chept and Banchept, the Old Ones, children to love. I have served this capacity honorably with my wife, and one of our children was even chosen one time to be raised by the Blessed Couple. Second born are the Eag'Chept, created from the noble eagle to help the Old Ones raise and nurture our people. Then came the Cat'Chept from the wild cat, the killers and hunters. Our peoples and theirs warred for centuries, until Sozuchi took the Salawa and created the clever Set'Chept to bring peace between us. No one is certain how they did it, but the Kin Wars are a thing of the past. In fact, my best friend in all the World is a Cat. The last born are the Boa'Chept, formed from the wise anaconda, whose children inherit all their parents know. They are the wise ones among us. If my terribly brief story does not fully answer your question, you should ask one of them."

"As to our culture, just like our father the Great Dragon, we seek to always be free and flowing as the rivers. Even our great city, Sozengrad is founded upon this principle. It floats along the rivers, never holding still. We are a free people, protected by our aunts and uncles, the Faeri. Before you drink of the sacred waters of Water World, it would be wise to get their permission first. Those who break a deal with the Faeri are never heard from again."

"As to our eating habits, I cannot say. I'm partial to Salawa myself, when I can catch it. In fact, I was just about to spear myself a nice dame when your ship crashed and scared it off."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seramus View Post
    Belos, Pyrokus
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every single gear within the armored body of the inevitable slowly began to wind up. The sound was quite audible as the forge was filled with the echoes of 'click, click, click'. Long moments passed this way until Belos seemed to be practically quivering with tension. The black object within his grip quickly widens and elongates until it consumed the dimensions of a great two handed blade. Nearby objects within the forge are inextricably drawn towards the gravity of the blade, toppling off their workbenches and wall racks with clatters and crashes.

Suddenly, the adamantine armored figure springs into motion; the blade comes crashing down straight towards Josiah's head! Yet, while the blow seems enough to shatter a planet it will prove to be just strong enough for Josiah to repel if he puts his strength into it. The moment he does, Belos rotates along the axis of his body to bring his elbow crashing down towards the back off Josiah's neck. The assault is just slow enough to demonstrate the way Josiah's momentum was used against him. Regardless of the actual outcome, Belos transforms into a blur of whirling, slashing, unbalancing mayhem that practically forces Josiah to react lest he face humiliating consequences. The night is young, and there is plenty of time for practice.

"Again. Again. Again. Again. Again! Again! Again! Again! AGAIN!"
    Josiah, Pyrokus

Josiah blocked the first blow with an expression of surprise and a quivering hand. The second a hint of anger and with a solid enough stance that the blow rattled his old bones. The third with a hint of fear and his mighty cudgel nearly slipping from his hand.

By the fiftieth blow he began to understand the basics. By the hundredth, he began to see the efficient patterns in his viasuran ally's movements. By the thousandth blow, their duel was a glimmering black and white dance of harmony, adamantine and ivory forming a yin and yang of arcing lines through the air between them, bits of flesh and offal flying from Josiah's spinning body.

Somewhere near the millionth blow Josiah thought he saw an opening. Swung.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Terran, Kamigawa

Once again breaking from his meditation, Terran looks at the world as it develops. Huge landmasses dwarfing his own creation now dominated geography of the world that the god of Earth had once lifted. And yet, in his mind, Terran still considered the Old World to be superior in all aspects except one. Through out the other lands, the mortals continued to expand upon the surface... save for the Old World, were the Dwarves were expanding underground. Granted, there were some Elves which Julien had sent, but in Terran's eyes, they did not count.

"I shall not have my creation surpassed by anyone..." Says the god of Earth as he gets to work, to create more mortals, more impressive than any other yet made.

Summoning a piece of stone from the earth, Terran clasps it firmly between his powerful palms and begins to squeeze hard until it is reduced to rubble. Allowing it to pour from his clenched hands into a pile in front of him, the Earth god begins with his finger to sort out the precious stones from the rubble, until in front of him lied a piece of unrefined Sapphire, Topaz, Crystal, Emerald, Obsidian and Amethyst. Nodding his head, he begins to chip with his finger one by one each precious stone, until he had created a form which pleased him.

Terran then drops the precious figurines, allowing them to scatter throughout the Old World, and then by willing it, he gives them life. The new creatures, whose eldest ones surpassed the size of the Giants, were of the scaly sort with huge wings. Most of them made their lairs deep within the earth, while others remained on the surface, amongst the mountains and trees of the Old World, mostly each remaining in its own territory, but also interacting with any mortals they may encounter. Thus it was, that the Gem Dragons made the Old World their Home.

Back on Kamigawa, Terran was busy with yet another draconic figurine, this one more elaborate, and unlike the normal dragons, this one was larger, more powerful and this one made out of a ruby. Breathing life into this one, Terran looks at his work and nods in satisfaction.

"I am placing you in charge of your brethren, I grant you a portion of my strength and wisdom, so that you may guide not only your kind, but all mortal races upon the Old World."

Thus, the god of Earth watches as the dragons settle all around the Old World.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC

AP1=2-1; Create Life: Gem Dragons
    AP1=1-0; Raise Hero: Sardior (Use Mythinc Divine Power)
    GP:4/15

The Dwarves

There was an air of excitement going around the Dwarven cities, deep under the mountains. It seemed that as the competition over trade grew, so did the need for more goods to be created, as it would open new markets. One such market had just been opened, and already the Major Clans were sending expeditions to find a special type of rock, which had been proven to be highly combustible when in contact with heat. Naturally, the Dwarves had no fire... no mortals had, but it did not mean that the heat provided by the magma near the Dwarven cities would not do, when it came to keeping this rock hot enough for the Dwarves to work on it. It was thus, that the Dwarves began mining this precious stone which they named: Coal. Naturally other mortals could find this rock, but besides the fact that the Dwarves had easier access, this rock would still be mostly useless to other races, due to the lack of fire.

It wasn't long after the discovery of coal, that new professions and industries began opening within the Dwarven cities, still reaping the benefits of the earth, which Terran himself had given to them as an inheritance.

Where Immortas is

All of a sudden, a small pebble appears in front of Immortas, delivering a message.

Spoiler
    Show

My ears have picked up your challenge towards the one I created, and I request to speak to you in person at your leisure. You shall find me in Kamigawa, should you agree to meet me.

The Immovable Mountain.

Last edited by Shmee; 2010-11-17 at 08:54 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora, Pyrokus.
    Sora gave a respectful nod to the Elder God and dismissed himself. He strode down the hall past that same large brass bell in the direction that Mondo indicated and soon heard a sound. He followed the clanging and crashing until he stood before the absolute mayhem going on between Josiah and Belos. He watched with what could only be described as total awe. Sora spent all his time in the savage lands where low animal cunning and sheer ferocity was the way everything fought, yet this was actual art. Sora judged that the inevitable was likely to be the person he was seeking, and decided to introduce himself regardless of the circumstances. He was happy to wait.

"Greetings, Belos. My name is Sora, Twice Beloved of Julien, and Oldest of Children. I have spoken to the elder god and he has named you as the entity most likely to be able to fulfill my request. I wish to commission your assistance for the creation of an artifact of great power, such that I may better defend my children from predation. The rest of this speech you have likely already overheard from my earlier introduction, but my need is still great."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops, missed this post...
    Kali-Mondo
    Spoiler
    Show

"Oh, ah, purpose?" Kali asked, thinking a bit. "Purpose is actually a very interesting point to bring up! Purpose is a derivative of knowledge and conjecture, an intended course of action created when one combines what one knows the status quo to be, and then works to change it with what they wish to be reality."

Tapping his chin, he thought, "Purpose? Oh, yes! That could prove quite interesting- I simply ask for some of your Metal, and whatever else you seek to contribute, to better learn of it, and to provide a standard by which mortals can categorize it. It's more of a courtesy that I ask you to provide it, really, rather than a vital necessity- I'm quite sure mortals will find some of it on their own, but I'm certain it'd serve to help species if there were references on how to identify it and the various means it could be utilized with."

Kali paused for a second at this, realizing that he had- in fact- been blathering. "Err, yes. In short? It'd be appreciated if you could give me and my people some of your Metal, so as to better help myself and mortals understand it. Develop it. Know it."
    Mondo, Pyrokus

"I removed Metal from the mortal realm for a purpose. If your purpose is to return it, then I cannot allow such."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Sozuchi - the Void

While he let the storm clouds brew, he let his mind wander, and realized that he needed to get fire back to his people to help prevent too much water from freezing and blocking the rivers.

He didn't care to go himself, though, since his brother didn't seem likely to be reasonable, so he instead had Chept and Banchept assemble a team of specialists.

After much searching, they chose the best and brightest of each race, and assembled them together in the heart of Sozengrad.

"My children, Fire has been withheld from our world, and Sozuchi has decreed that we need it back. We will select five champions, one from each of your noble races, to go forth and conquer. Show us why you should go to represent your people."

Each race went forth, and held competitions to challenge themselves to find out who was best.

The Crocs held competitions of strength and hunting prowess. Golath won by tearing out a three year old tree from the ground with his bare hands.

The Eags held a contest to see who could lead the best under difficult circumstances. Shota won by guiding her group of children to climbing over a waterfall without losing any.

The Cats merely stalked each other, and marked each other if they were hunted. The one who didn;t get marked before the others won. She was Bastet.

No one is sure what the Set did to determine their champion. They all disappeared for a day and a night, and Samus was chosen to represent them. No one was even sure which tribe she was from.

The Boa held a competition of knowledge. The one who could recite the most thorough narrative of the foundation fo the World won the right to go and record these events for posterity.

The Five were chosen, and Chept sent them to Pyrokus. What they found there defied the imagination.

Spoiler
    Show
    Riz, please have them meet whomever/whatever you wish when they get there. My only request is that in the end, the Boa makes it out alive to share the stories of what happened.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

The Chept, Pyrokus

The five chosen Chept arrive in Pyrokus standing on a large, steel gear about a mile in diameter and only slowly turning. This particular gear seems attached only to one other gear on the far side and a large bundle of muscle fibers some 100 feet in diameter in the very center. Crossing to the underside of the gear reveals no other features.

The great wall of Fire marking the outer edge of Pyrokus burns brightly a mere 6 feet away from one edge of this gear.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

The Chept, Pyrokus

Unsure what to do, Shota, the party leader calls out, "Hello, is anyone there?"
    Last edited by planswalker; 2010-11-17 at 01:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Belos and the Cheps, Pyrokus.
    From somewhere deep within the sides of the bowels of Pyrokus comes an great booming voice. It has a slightly resonant tone as if it were being spoken with a slight echo from some discernible source. No sign of the speaker is within sight, but the sounds of constant battle reverberate all across the giant cog.

"You have to ring the giant brass bell."

Belos, Pyrokus.
    The automata sees the approach of the cudgel and almost steps out of range with a single calculated step. Instead he accepts the blow upon his ebony and gold armor, which causes a thunderous boom to rattle across the entire length of Pyrokus. The cudgel has knocked a sizable dent into the armored leg of the inevitable, and no less than three cogs shatter off to skitter across the ground. As the dust clears, Belos clearly begins to favor his undamaged right leg while he prowls around his student with a slow 'click, click, clicking'. His visor never swivels towards Sora, and yet he returns the address.

"Greetings! I am the unit designated as Belos, the Inevitable of War. I am the greatest weapon ever crafted by the gods, and by the divine will of Fire Lord Mordo I am the greatest craftsman of weapons. I have in my arsenal the concepts for countless blades, projectiles, blunt instruments, and arcane devices that could sheer the essence of a god in twain. Given adequate facilities I can cause the very heavens to quake in terror, or equip them to throw back any invader."

Belos lunges towards Josiah once again, but this time his tactic is different. He begins to demonstrate more tactical maneuvers, focused almost entirely upon baiting his enemy into making a critical mistake. Feints, flanks, ruses, pincers, envelopments, formations, and attrition are all displayed on a personal combative level. Without breaking stride, save the damaged leg, Belos inquires of Sora in an inquisitive whisper that is barely audible over the constant sounds of battle.

"Would you like to know more?"
    Last edited by Seramus; 2010-11-17 at 02:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

the Chepts - Pyrokus

Searching for any sort of bell to ring, the five of them search all over the face of the gear. Not finding whatever the voice was talking about, Golath decides to try beating his fist against the gear to see what happens. A massive boom reverberates from his slam.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

The Chepts, Pyrokus

Soon, they realize that they must travel forward or return empty handed. There appears to be nothing here...
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Chepts - Pyrokus

With much trepidation, the five advance from the gear they are on to the next one over. Bastet said, "I do not like this. It is too quiet."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Chepts - Pyrokus

As they travel over several cogs and a few organic "bridges," they soon come to the realization that the outer gears are not inhabited. Hours pass, and eventually, they see movement, well movement apart from the gears themselves. Small, round things seems to be scurrying around on the face of a cog some distance below the one on which they are standing, too far away to see clearly.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Chepts - Pyrokus

"Let me investigate this a bit." Samus said, as she disappeared in a puff of mist.

She reappeared closer to the flying creatures, trying to figure out what sort of being they were.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

The flying creatures are small, round brass balls with a single eye in the middle of each. Though they have a pair of legs, they have only a set of seemingly too small wings instead of arms. Nearly identical creatures, with arms instead of wings, move around building something on the face of the cog. The flying version seems to function as a messenger to the others. Both versions ignore the Set'Chept.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1 = 2 - 1(Create Life: Modrons)
    Last edited by Rizban; 2010-11-17 at 06:54 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Samus - Pyrokus

The small Set'Chept walk towards the nearest one with arms and says, "Excuse me, but where can we go to get permission to take fire back with us?"