The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XVIII

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    The DNA proves.. difficult. In that regard, the fluid is more of a base for life, highly oxygenated and highly nutrient rich, a veritable primordial soup. What this would imply as to the nature of the beast is baffling to say the least.

The monolith remains silent, the thrum of life still beating wearily within, but with much effort, every moment was a struggle for this creature, yet it seemed, that it did in fact desire to live. Whatever sentience existed beyond that.. was.. muted, dampened behind layers of intricate wards, and the bindings of man.

A beast bound in chains of indeterminable nature, and entombed in soot and steel. Avatars uncanny ability to define the nature of something aside, a visible heart in the dull throb of life in the creature is visible.. the exact spot where the rock had cracked.. and where the white circle began.
    Suitably mysterious!

Or something...

Avatar hrrrmms at the oddity that confronts him. A regular menagerie of information, not terribly uncommon in things that are mutable in form. Just... not in the magical sense.

Usually.

So the thing is bound. Enslaved? Or at least having its purpose channeled in a particular direction. Curious... "I'm going to have to ask that kid about you when he gets back," Avatar comments to the... thing.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Temple of Artaris]

"Is that a... spider?" The priest wonders. "Yes, he wants to covert too... I think." The girl looks confused at Mister Squiggles.

"Uh, I see, well there is a lot to tell about Artaris, he is the greatest of all gods, the king of gods you might even call him." The priest says proudly "His servants have banished the greatest threats this world have ever face, like the whispering worm." He smiles, not that you have any idea what he just said, but whatever.

"So why do you join into his embrace?"
    We're lost souls, drifting on the sea of life. We hope your religion might give us some support and meaning. Lie, lie through your teeth. And restrain yourself from using strange expressions noone understands.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Temple of Artaris]

The priest nods "Then you may enter." He gestures towards the altar at the end of the room, "Lost souls are always welcome to this place, if you like to be cured of any injuries, you may touch the altar, it will heal you from whatever affliction you might carry." The priest continues as he walks with you down towards the alter. "I am father Jonas, may I know your names as well... and do the spider have a name of sort?"

The girl is following you as well, but is making sure to stay away from the illusionary image of rot and mister squiggles. You can feel the eyes of the people inside the temple following your every step towards the altar.

Outside where Rot is, people are going about their daily business, not paying any attention to him for the moment.

[Red Manor]

Following the chorus of voices you eventually enter a large dining hall where the cultists seems to have decided to use, they all sit at a long table where there is a great deal of food and drinks, chicken, roast beef, wine, pork, liver, pickled pigs feet... It seems to be lacking in the vegetable compartment, but that could be overlooked.

At the end of the table, you see that hooded man again you meet right before you went up to the cultists and played the dark flute. You can't still he see his face, even with the light from the lit candles standing on the table, they look they have been lit for quite some time seeing the melted candle wax.

He stands up as you enter, stretching out his arms in a welcoming gesture "Welcome! Welcome! You arrived just for dinner." He says as the other cultists turn to you, all grinning.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2010-11-08 at 11:30 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Artaris]

We would like to rest a bit, for now. We travelled long to reach here. My name is Salabesh Onyx... and I think this spider has been referred to as Mister Squiggles. No point in risking using their real names, but faking a spider's name is a bit pointless.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Artaris]

Mister Squiggles chitters proudly. It's a fine name! He didn't name himself, but it's better than Mrs. Square or Charlotte.
    *chitter chitter*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

[Red Manor]

Following the chorus of voices you eventually enter a large dining hall where the cultists seems to have decided to use, they all sit at a long table where there is a great deal of food and drinks, chicken, roast beef, wine, pork, liver, pickled pigs feet... It seems to be lacking in the vegetable compartment, but that could be overlooked.

At the end of the table, you see that hooded man again you meet right before you went up to the cultists and played the dark flute. You can't still he see his face, even with the light from the lit candles standing on the table, they look they have been lit for quite some time seeing the melted candle wax.

He stands up as you enter, stretching out his arms in a welcoming gesture "Welcome! Welcome! You arrived just for dinner." He says as the other cultists turn to you, all grinning.
    Darcy hesitates - all the grins unnerving her.

"Er... I thought you were angry at me."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

[Temple Of Artaris]

Rot is most definitely not stalking people. If someone is alone in the street or ducks into an ally, he is most definitely not going to jump them with murderous attempt. Nope. Definitely not. >.>

[Red Manor]

Zanny is a bit unnerved as well, but matches their grins with his own while squeezing Darcy's hand.

"Excellent, I was just getting hungry myself. We've come to apologize for the ceremony, though."

He wonders if they do not actually remember that the ceremony was "ruined", or if perhaps they're just acting and plan to poison them. Or Nancy just wanted the feeling for herself, and what Darcy did was perfectly acceptable and normal. Hmmm...
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2010-11-08 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #188

[Temple of Artaris]

"I suppose we shall offer you a place to rest then, I'm not sure we could house a spider though, I don't really know what such creatures feed on. Perhaps it should stay outside?" The priest suggests.

"Oh no, this is not a normal spider, he can stay inside." The girl insists.

Jonas looks skeptical and mister squiggly but then nods "Fair enough, follow me then."

He will lead you to a spartan looking room with a few beds and a can of water in one of the corners for washing. You do notice there aren't any images of anything other then winged humanoids with their faces hidden by cowls within the temple. Is that Artaris?

"Well, this is all we can offer I'm afraid." The priest tells you, there is a colorfully dressed man sleeping in one of the beds.

[The Red Manor]

"Oh, of course not, such things have happened at every festival we have had, one gal or guys getting a wee bit excited and getting physical with the dancer." He makes it sound as this indeed would be perfectly... normal.

The other cultists mumbles and nods in agreement with the hooded man. "So please have a seat, it's traditional that we eat something after such a fantastic event, dancing so much makes you crave for other things, does it not?"

You can't see Nancy here, but some of the cultists do have their faces covered by animal masks or hoods so she could indeed be here without making her presence known.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

[Temple of Artaris]

It will suffice. Who is depicted on the paintings throrough the temple? Michalson asks curiously.

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Temple of Artaris]

It will suffice. Who is depicted on the paintings throrough the temple? Michalson asks curiously.
    "Oh, that is the servants of Artaris, Artaris himself have no true appearance as he in a way is within us all and therefore can take any shape, even spiders." Jonas nods in the direction of mister squiggly "In fact, if you are lucky, you might see one of the servants within this temple, they come for occasional visits you see?" He smiles warmly at Michaleson.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2010-11-08 at 03:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

[Red Manor]

Zanny nods.

"Of course. Thank you for your hospitality."

Zanny takes an empty seat, if there is one, and gives Darcy an encouraging smile with a gesture for her to sit as well.

The dragon looks over the meats hungrily, but keeps his appetite in check. He'll first cast a small and unnoticeable spell to detect any poison or enchantments on the food. If all's well, and if the cultists around the table are also eating (as some traditions have periods of silence before meals and Zanny doesn't wish to offend anyone), he'll heartily dig into the meal. The bard keeps a polite and clean air about him, no matter how many cows he devours.

Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, that is the servants of Artaris, Artaris himself have no true appearance as he in a way is within us all and therefore can take any shape, even spiders." Jonas nods in the direction of mister squiggly "In fact, if you are lucky, you might see one of the servants within this temple, they come for occasional visits you see?" He smiles warmly at Michaleson.
    Let us hope for that, then. Michalson smiles back and bows slightly.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Let us hope for that, then. Michalson smiles back and bows slightly.
    "Well, I suppose I shall leave you alone then, have a good rest and may Artatis watch your dreams." Jonas says and then leaves, the girl smiling at you, bowing and then leaving right after him, closing the door after them.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Little Village

Darcy eats as well, not sure what to say or do.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

[Cliffs Cave]

"Very well, then," Quinn says with a sigh. "I fear that I will have to be more blunt. Your work is harming these animals, in addition to causing property damage, and has to stop. I offered to do it the nice way, but I'm willing to do it the hard way, too."

...and abruptly, she focuses on the Mad Scientist, and tries to make him feel what she felt from the poor sparrow.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I suppose I shall leave you alone then, have a good rest and may Artatis watch your dreams." Jonas says and then leaves, the girl smiling at you, bowing and then leaving right after him, closing the door after them.
    Alright, cutters. We're inside. Now we have to figure out how to get where we want...

17. - Top - End - #197

[Little Village]

Zanny can't detect anything poisonous about this food and the cultists seems to enjoy it as well as Darcy.

And it tastes good too, as you start to finish off though, the cultists slowly seem to turn their attention to you once again, grinning, they like to do that a lot it seems.

"So, are you considering joining then?" The hooded man asks them carefully.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

[Little Village]

Zanny hesitates. Joining cults is fun and all, but sometimes its... Well, not fun and all.

"Perhaps if I got a little bit more information. You worship the... er, dancer, that puppet thing? And it gives those... feelings?"

Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

[Little Village]

"Er, well, I came to try and make amends and see if I could help summon him again."
    Darcy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #200

[Little Village]

"It's less about worship and more about having a good time actually, you see, when you are looking for kicks this is the highest one you can get. It leaves you rather satisfied for a long time."

"Not this time though." You hear Nancy's voice say, "Since the bitch ruined it all." She still sounds angry, is that girl ever going to let it go?

She removes the hood she have been keeping over her head and stands up in the same movement, staring at Darcy coldly.

"Now, now Nancy, they are trying to make amends are they not? And you should obviously have warned them first." The hooded man attempts to calm her.

"Warned them? Anyone that judges so superficially is not worthy the blessing of the dancer, they are just ordinary boring grey people." That happens to be dragons and shape shifters *nodnod*.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

[Little Village]

Zanny nods, then glares at Nancy.

"Lets calm down now. Sorry if we judged the Dancer harshly, but it was stitched together from dead bodies. But it is still our fault, and that's why we want to make it up to you."

The bard chuckles.

"And that's the first time anyone's described me as ordinary, boring, or gray."

Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

[Little Village]

"Where I come from, it is a grave sin to disturb the rest of the dead,"
    Darcy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #203

[Little Village]

Nancy only listens to what Darcy have to say apparently "Oh yeah? Well, you can take your stupid traditions and get the **** out of here!"

"Nancy! Calm down!" The hooded man orders her with enough force behind his words to make the rather upset Nancy do just that and sit down, still staring at Darcy.

"I'm really sorry about her behavior, I can really understand your reaction towards our puppet there, but there really isn't any other way to call him except of letting a living being be possessed by it, and that don't turn out that well in most cases."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

[Little Village]

"So... he can't return?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

[Little Village]

Zanny scratches his chin. Possession? No thanks. He stays silent, watching Nancy and Darcy closely.

Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #206

[Little Village]

Nancy is staring at Darcy like she wants to rip her hair off, or so it looks to Zanny at least.

"Oh, I didn't say that." The hooded man replies "You see, we talked a bit and decided that there was a way for you to make amends." The other cultists nods in agreement.

"The dancer can only be summoned during the dancers moon with the black flute, a good musician and a suitable body for it to possess. We lack two of those things with you." He pauses, taking a sip of wine before he continues. "We could of course make a new puppet, but we can't get the red moon to rise again..." He pauses again, looking directly at Darcy and Zanny "But from we understand you have very special talents, so I think you might be able to help us at that part. Are you interested?"

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

[Little Village]

Zanny nods.

"I'll do whatever I can to help."

To a certain extent.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2010-11-08 at 06:17 PM.

Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

[Little Village]

"What would I have to do?" Darcy asks. As eager as she is to encounter the Dancer again, she doesn't want to become a lust priestess.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #209

[Little Village]

"Well... a long time ago, a sacred idol that could summon the dancers moon every full moon, but also suppress it, were stolen from us by the servants of the mother, a entity that denies any emotion and change, served only by utterly insane people." Hm that sounds familiar...

"They live near a village not far away from here in a old citadel they have reinforced and guard zealously day and night. If you could retrieve that idol, then we could summon the dancer once again and you could join in on the festivities this time."

The cultists smiles hopefully at you, well except Nancy, she still looks unable to accept either Darcy or Zanny.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2010-11-08 at 06:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

[Little Village]

Zanny nods. Breaking and entering isn't that bad. Anyway, zealously guarded citadels tend to have lots of treasure in them.

"It sounds like something we can do."

He turns to Darcy.

"I think we should help them, what about you?"

Nexus characters