Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Demons II: Game On

Demons II Scales of Balance
    Backstory+Fluff
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the fiasco trying to stop the demons from escaping into our world, the Nameless and his demonic underlings immediately began to summon more demons and gather cultists. The Nameless’s newest and most powerful servant the “Rogue Demon” managed to steal a tome of spells from his previous overlord, including one that should do a pretty good job of kick starting the apocalypse. And he even got all the rather difficult to acquire reagents. Now the Nameless has gathered his best demons and most loyal cultists to his HQ to cast the big spell. Luckily Magic Weapon Development Inc., managed to infiltrate the cult in an attempt to both “recover” the tome and finally get what the Nameless was supposed to pay them from some deal long ago. Luckily the Nameless has the perfect remedy for infiltration: the Scales of Balance.
    Scales of Balance: This small grey cube is a magical artifact of great power, forged by the Forces of Light. At sundown the Scales can look into another’s heart, mind and soul and reveal the kind of person they are. Also it ever so slightly kills people it judges as “evil”. For some weird reason, demons, demon worshipping cultists and people who work for a company that deals with demons all qualify.
    Okay so maybe it isn’t the perfect remedy, but they are kind of in trouble here.

Basic rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every day phase everyone points at one person by typing their name in red. The day phases last about 48hrs. The person with the most points is lynched (removed from the game, and having their role revealed) with ties decided randomly. And some players might be able to take special actions by PMing the narrators. Then the night phase comes and lasts for about 24 hrs, and quite a few people will be able to take special actions by PMing the narrators. Then the cycle repeats itseld.

Each person is trying to achieve their win conditions.

Cultists and Demons (villagers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Win conditions: The cultists and demons win if all of the members of Magic Weapon Development are eliminated.
    Cultist (villager): You are a loyal cultist ready to serve the Nameless. You’ve been promised cushy government job when the Nameless rules the world and even better eternal life and luxury in the abyss after your death.
    Every day you vote to have someone be tried by the ever wonderful Scales of Judgment. Scries as: Cultist
    Demons (mason): You are the trusted demons that personally helped the Nameless get a foothold in the world and defeat the Special Forces. Currently possessing a cultist so it is not too obvious to people like MWD.
    You start knowing each other the Nameless and the Twisted Cultist. Every day you vote for someone to be tried. Scries as: Demon
    Twisted Cultist (mason): You are the Nameless’s favorite cultist. You were there when the demons defeated the Special Forces. Your great skill with magic has allowed you to make your blood a very deadly toxin. Sadly… Magic Weapon Development is developed an anti-toxin a few months ago, so… yeah.
    At least you still know the other Demon’s and the Nameless. You vote for someone to be tried each day. Scries as: Twisted Cultist.
    The Nameless (Alpha Mason): The leader of the whole operation. Your plans are nearly to fruition and then this happens. You could almost picture your new demonic realm. No competitors or other demons to fight off. A few billion humans to farm… Hopefully this won’t be any harder than the last time you had to fight off humans. You have the access to the whole complex and each night you can steal any items one person might happen to have.
    Scries as: Demon
    Corrupt Prosecutor (Baner): Magic Weapon Development is rather effective at killing people, luckily you have a plan to stop them: The witness protection program. Each night you place one person at a safe house, and it should then take MWD like... a day to track them down. But still. Each night select one person, and that person will be protected from all night actions for that night.
    Scries as: Corrupt Prosecutor.
    Nameless’s Imp and Rogue Demon’s Imp (Seer and Fool): One of you is the Rogue Demon’s Imp and the Other is the Nameless’s Imp. Unfortunetly being imps you’re not all that good on the whole individuality and after going through each other’s memories a little too much… you’re not really sure which is which. Your respective demons could probably figure it out except your currently possessing cultists. Normally this wouldn’t be important except the Rogue Demon’s drank a bad potion a while back and kind of messed up his scrying ability…
    Each night you can scry one person. If you’re the Nameless’s Imp you’ll get their role. If you’re the Rogue Demon’s Imp your scrying results may be less accurate. If you scry the other imp you will recognize them immediately as the other imp.
    Scries as: Imp.

Magic Weapon Development Inc. (Wolves)
    Spoiler
    Show

Win conditions: You win when half the players in the game are on your side. Each night you can send in a night kill and that person will die.
    Magic Weapon Development’s Methuzalah: After surviving the last run in with the demons you were elected to lead the effort to exterminate them. Not only that you are basically the poster boy for making super soldier being unkillable, and they want to show that off to potential buyers.
    First off you are unkillable. (If you get lynched the demons still kick you out of the cult removing you from the game.) Also each night you may use this to protect one person from all night actions.
    Magic Weapon Development Nephilim (Alpha): You did not survive the last run in with the demons. Luckily you had been made into a demon hybrid ahead of time by MWD. And they were able to resummon you. You have a small variety of demonic powers the most useful of which is being able to confuse those damned imps. You scry as anything you want to the imps. You can change this by PMing all the narrators. Default is Cultist.
    Special Forces (Devil): You were the only surviving member of the Special Forces from the fiasco with the demons nearly a year ago. You got fired since there was a big thing in the news about a bunch of soldiers dying, they couldn’t offer an explanation and someone needed to get blamed. Luckily MWD offered you a nice job using your unique talents and experience. Your training combined with meeting the demons before will allow you to investigate the people of the cult and find out what they are hiding. You still haven’t figured out why your code name is devil.
    Each night you can investigate one person and learn what they scry as.
    Scries as: Special Forces (Devil).
    Intern (generic wolf): This place has the coolest jobs, and they actually let you handle important stuff. You are already being trusted with fighting demons how amazing is that? Also magic and demons. Its just like the movies. It’s a good thing you aren’t just a generic extra that needs to get killed right?
    Scries as: Intern (generic wolf).

FBI (Semi neutral)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agent X: Giving you a code name based off the X-files definitely isn’t a dead giveaway. Anyway you are supposed to find the Nameless find a reason to arrest him, find the corrupt prosecuter find a reason to arrest him and find both agents of MWD and arrest them as well (The methuzalah and Nephilim). Fun. Also keep MWD from murdering everyone, since you can’t let evil cultists starting the apocalypse die or anything... *face palm*. Also your superiors have given you magical protection to make you seem like a normal guy when scried. Just to be useless.

Every other night you can investigate one person and learn if they are one of your targets (and which one). Then on the next night if the person is a target they are arrested. (This is automatic) You win if you have arrested at least one person and the demons win.
    Scries as: Normal guy.

Please note I may (or may not) have added secret roles (or given roles extra powers), items of events, but I promise that they won’t unbalance the game.

Recruitment is open! Signs ups are taken until friday the twelfth and then starts on saterday. (I hope being a little late isn't a problem...). If you have questions, or suggestions please feel free to ask them. Also if anyone wants to volunteer as co-narrator that might be helpful. In theory it shouldn't be a hard job.

For standard werewolf rules refer to the stickied thread at the top of the structured games fourm.
    Playerlist
    Last edited by Lamech; 2010-11-15 at 12:31 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Demons II: Scales of Balance Now recruiting

I'll join, I've always wanted to bring about the apocalypse.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sure, I'll join.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

In, says I.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I don't really have much time right now, but sure okay. In.

Always wanted to see the end of the world.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in for obvious reasons.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks like fun, I'm in.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure why not? I'm in.
    Avatar of Yoshimo by Trazoi. WW Banner by Elder Tsofu.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Protecting the Guilty/I Survived the City of the Drifter(City of Darkness)
    Bringer of Chaos/Last Assassin Standing/Werewolf Finder/Oops! (City of Shadows)
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll be joining this.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks like it's time for me to join another ww. In.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I need a new WW game to play, so I'm in.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sure I'm in, looks like fun.

Anyone got a link to the previous game handy?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

In. Needed a new WW to join.
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Twisted Cultist (mason): You are the Nameless’s favorite cultist. You were there when the demons defeated the Special Forces. Your great skill with magic has allowed you to make your blood a very deadly toxin.
    Yay!

Sadly… Magic Weapon Development is developed an anti-toxin a few months ago, so… yeah.
    At least you still know the other Demon’s and the Nameless. You vote for someone to be tried each day. Scries as: Twisted Cultist.
    Aww...

I'll join. The last one was really fun.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can you say IN?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sure, I'll join.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

A player list: Recruitment is still open 'till its closed on Saterday.
    Spoiler
    Show
    c4d
    TheLaughingMan
    Qwaz
    Hyozo
    calar
    bruntonspall
    Wolfbane
    Bahumat
    Gray Mage
    Tydude
    Tasroth
    Murska
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Aemoh
    billtodamax
    Internet Flea
    Last edited by Lamech; 2010-11-13 at 02:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #18

OldWizardGuy

I think I will join.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is 16 enough for the game you had in mind Lamech?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course! I'm gonna start assigning roles so recruitment is closed...

A player list
    Spoiler
    Show

Aemoh
    Bahumat
    billtodamax
    bruntonspall
    cd4
    calar
    Gray Mage
    Hyozo
    Internet Flea
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Murska
    Qwaz
    Tasroth
    TheLaughingMan
    Tydude
    Wolfbane

Spoiler
    Show

The Nameless offered you power, a nice job and a long life; everything you really wanted. All you had to do was help him take over the world. Time and again you have proved your loyalty and now you were brought to the final part to begin the world take over. Aaannnddd… now some jerks are trying to ruin everything.
    Every day you vote to have someone be tried by the ever wonderful Scales of Judgment. Scries as: Cultist
    This should be the role PM every cultist should see. Everyone else should get a unique PM, so this should prevent any abuse using the role PM to find out roles. But please don't try it anyway...
    Last edited by Lamech; 2010-11-14 at 10:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Demons II: Scales of Balance Assigning roles.

The game begins:
    Opening scene Ritual Room of Friendly Solutions:
    You are gathered, hooded and robed in an underground room of one of Friendly Solutions Inc.'s buildings. Waiting for the demons to lead you in a ritual of power... or something.
    A voice crackles over the loud speakers Hello I'm glad everyone could make it. As soon as we cast the spell we'll be able to remake the world to our whims.
    Thats actually fairly metaphorical.
    Regardless it will still allow us to take over. Any second now our good friend "Lamech" begin leading you.
    Any second he should walk in the door and sta-
    KRACK-THOOMM!!! *Chirp, chirp chirp*Aannnddd... something has gone horribly wrong. Don't go anywhere.

From behind the main door to the ritual room you hear faint voices, and go up to listen...
    And the exits right here!
    Umm... thats the door to the ritual room. Why are we letting the intern lead us?
    Because no one else wanted to make the map?
    Did you at least try to account for the chaos magic warping space?
    What?
    They told us you were trained in the magical basics!
    That was Jim; they just taught me how to make coffee. Should we be standing were everyone is gathering?
    Actually...

The lights flash out, when they flash on it looks like a few more people are in the room.
    The loudspeakers crackle on.
    So I found "Lamech"'s clothing and a pile of ash. And ichor stains on all the walls. Also "Patent Pending" was seared into the floor. So... I'm pretty sure he's dead. And our friends in Magic Weapon Development have infiltrated our cult.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lamech was roasted. He was the rogue demon.

And he was the one with the magic tome and all the junk to cast the spell. So lets reconvine in the meeting room. With OUT all the masks, and crap. I hate that stuff.

So Day One begins. Point at someone in red and the person with the most votes will be lynched. This should end in roughly 72 hours since its the first day and everyone can get oriented. Normally days are 48 hours. You will be auto lynched if you miss two days.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2010-11-15 at 12:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Demons II: Game On

No seventeenth player, hm?
    In that case, cd4 for being a wolf.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Aw come on, what's with killing me in the opening narration.

Internet Flea.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

And random die roll says calar.
    Last edited by Tydude; 2010-11-15 at 05:15 PM.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Tydude, for being TPAM and because the dice said so.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tydude for pointless petty vengeance.
    I shall spread the buttery light of justice over the toast of your iniquity!

Fight my brute.
    Brutes too boring? Try this one.

27. - Top - End - #27

OldWizardGuy

Internet Flea for the same reasons as Calar's point.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at Gray Mage*

For ze day 1 random.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Changing my vote to Gray Mage because he has a vote already and he's voting for me.

Trophies and Titles
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Shape-shifters 2)
    (Bombs Away Heat 2)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Murska! For random pointy win!