New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: More Dinosaurs than Isla Nublar (okay, not really, PEACH)

Personally, I've always loved the old, Victorian 'first draft' ideas of how dinosaurs were. They're really out of date and inaccurate now, but if you're planning to do an iguanadon, why not do the, in my personal opinion, far more interesting Victorian version.

I think there's just something about these guys that's so much cooler than the real thing!
    Ut Abyssus per orbis terrarum.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

That could be interesting. I may do that in addition to I. bernissartensis.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The megalosaurus is awesome, as well. I think I like him more, now that I think of it.

You might also want to check out the Wikipedia page on the Victorian dinosaur sculptures of Crystal Palace for a bit of extra info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_Dinosaurs

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool. Now that's somewhere where I would like to go....

As soon as I am finished with the other stats, I'll add that to the list.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

This thread is getting lost in a sea of threads. Sorry for the slow updates.

Here's two more feats. I'll probably create Bladeback Armor later this week.

Epic Protective Frill [Monstrous]
    You are even more adept at blocking foes than usual.
    Prerequisites: Protective Frill, Animal or Magical Beast type, Natural Armor 10+
    Benefits: By spending a move action and not performing any other action afterwards for that round, the creature may position it's skull so that it offers full cover. This makes the creature impossible to it until it's next turn.
    Normal: Creatures with the Protective Frill feat may spend a move action to gain partial cover, which grants a +4 bonus to armor class.

Improved Dorsal Plating [Fighter, Monstrous]
    Your dorsal plates are very effective combat tools.
    Prerequisites: Dorsal Plating
    Benefits: As a move action, a creature may lower its body to place its dorsal plates between it and a single creature. This effectively doubles your natural armor bonus when being attacked by the creature (and that creature only). Any damage that the dorsal plating would usually cause creatures that use a light or natural weapon against it doubles.
    Normal: A creature with dorsal plating may do as mentioned above, except that it grants an extra +4 bonus to armor class and deals the damage listed in the combat entry.
    Special: A Fighter can choose this feat as a bonus feat. They only gain the benefits if they have Dorsal Plating as a racial trait or if they are wearing Bladeback armor.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-03-09 at 10:29 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Slow updates dont matter when you keep up the quality
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, if only I could find some artwork for this...

Ankylotaur
    Huge Monstrous Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 11d8+44 (93 hp)
    Initiative: -2
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), Swim 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 18 (+12 natural, -2 Dex, -2 size), touch 6, flat footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+25
    Attack: Bone Longspear +14 melee (2d8+9)
    Full Attack: Bone Longspear +14 melee (2d8+9), and Tailclub +15 melee (3d8+6 damage)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft. (15 ft. with tail)
    Special Attacks: -----
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Scent, Hold Breath
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 22, Dex 7, Con 16, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 11
    Skills: Handle Animal +9, Swim +29
    Feats: Crush(B)*, Power Attack, Chameleon Hide**, Improved Critical (Longspear), Cleave, Improved Toughness
    Environment: Warm Marshes
    Organization: Solitary, Pair, Clan (30-50), or Tribe (100-400 plus 1-5 Ankylosaurs plus 20-80 Platyhystrixes)
    Challenge Rating: 7
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Neutral
    Advancement: By Character Class
    Level Adjustment: +6
    *Savage Species
    **Serpent Kingdoms

A large quadruped waddles out of the marsh ahead. It has the lower body an Ankylosaurus, but its upper body is a spear-wielding reptilian humanoid.

Ankylotaurs are immense monstrous humanoids that live in thick jungles and swamps. They live in an extremely primitive society, one that has not developed concepts as simple as writing. For the most part, Ankylotaurs spend most of their time wallowing in the marshy waters and feasting on ferns, usually living in clans of three to five families.

Ankylotaurs rarely interact with other races, besides the occasional missionary from the Church of Ka. As a result, their traditions and culture has remained mostly intact, and Ankylotaur technology has not advanced in hundreds of years. Ankylotaurs have a complex religion that can be said to be a mixture of animism, ancestor worship, and the belief of a single, amphibious deity. Depending on the clan, more emphasis may be placed on one aspect of their religion than the others. Legends and myths are passed down orally. In Ankylotaur society, true clerics are nonexistent, as are arcane spellcasters. As a result, favored souls and adepts are much more prevalent.

Ankylotaurs rarely have time to philosophize about the cosmology at large, and care even less about moral and ethical values. As a result, most Ankylotaurs are neutral. All Ankylotaurs speak Draconic, but no Ankylotaur (even those with class levels) is literate unless they spend the skill points necessary to learn.

Combat
    Ankylotaurs usually only fight against predators, because the smaller races rarely attack them. In this regard, the Ankylotaurs use their blunt tails and large spears of bone. These primitive spears suffer a -1 penalty on attack rolls because they are made from bone.

Hold Breath (Ex): An Ankylotaur can hold his breath for a number of rounds equal to (CON mod x 8) before starting to drown.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-03-15 at 07:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Hmmm... Intriguing concept, LOTRfan. These ankylotaurs, what're they like?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Currently, I'm thinking they will have a druidic society based off of ancestor-worship and a single god of amphibians (possibly Semuanya). I think they'll be spending most of their time in the deeper areas of the swamp, mostly submerged as to better hide from the large predators that prey on the surrounding creatures.

Its pretty simplistic, yes, but I'm still fleshing everything out. Once again, I'm sorry for the slow updates.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

I cant find a taur, but i found humanoid:

http://madjaguar.deviantart.com/art/...2849222?q=&qo=
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

deviantArt is a wonderful place for awesome dinosaur artwork... Check out this guy's brilliant Jurassic Park/Resident Evil crossover fanart!
    http://hellraptor.deviantart.com/gallery/25996224

Might serve as inspiration for if, say, the taint of the Far Realm leaked into an ancient primordial valley where dinosaurs dwell, corrupting the great thunder-lizards and twisting them into huge, hideous and horribly dangerous aberrations.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Yikes, those are freaky. I'll see what I can do.

Wow, this work is stacking into a pretty tall pile. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks my schedule will clear up, so I can focus more on this project.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blynkibrax View Post
    deviantArt is a wonderful place for awesome dinosaur artwork... Check out this guy's brilliant Jurassic Park/Resident Evil crossover fanart!
    http://hellraptor.deviantart.com/gallery/25996224

Might serve as inspiration for if, say, the taint of the Far Realm leaked into an ancient primordial valley where dinosaurs dwell, corrupting the great thunder-lizards and twisting them into huge, hideous and horribly dangerous aberrations.
    If LOTR doesnt do these I just might...
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Be my guest.

It'll probably take a while before I get to it, anyway. Two questions, though: would you mind if I used them for my campaign, and do you want them listed in the first post?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

All my stuff is freely usable by anyone as long as they mention i did it (that way I get more people who critique my stuff).
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. Ankylotaur is done.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Kerabolo
    Large Outsider (Native)
    Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Armor Class: 18 (+5 natural, +4 chain shirt, -1 size), touch 9, flatfooted 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+7
    Attack: Greataxe +3 melee (3d6+1 damage)
    Full Attack: Greataxe +3 melee (3d6+1 damage), or 2 Claws +3 melee (1d4+1 damage) and tail -2 melee (1d4 damage)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft. (10 ft. with tail)
    Special Attacks: Lightning Bolt
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Scent, Resistance to electricity 5, cold 5, and fire 5, protection from sonic attacks, vulnerability to gas attacks, Glide
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 9, Cha 10
    Skills: Diplomacy +3, Disguise +6, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Nature) +7, Listen +5, Search +6, Spot +5, Survival +9
    Feats: Power Attack
    Environment: Warm Forests
    Organization: Solitary, pair, or gang (3-4)
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually Lawful Evil
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +3

A massive hornhead with sleek, gray scales can be seen wandering through the village. Its red eyes give it an demonic appearance, and the lump in its cloak makes it look like a humpback.

Kerabolos (“Hornhead Devils”) are the descendents of Hornheads and the infernal Cornugons. Kerabolos are rare, but are often seen as abominations by their fellow hornheads. Kerabolos are a race of Tiefling, much like Tanarukks and Fey’rii. Many are Lawful Evil, much like their outsider ancestors.

What separates Kerabolos from most Tiefling races are their large wings. Although for the most part they are too weak to fly with, they allow Kerabolos to smoothly glide from cliff to cliff. This comes in handy, as most are banished from their villages to the mountains to the north. Kerabolos also retain the Cornugon’s affinity to lightning, being partially immune to it and capable of creating it themselves.

Combat
    Kerabolos like to glide down towards opponents and slaughter them with their natural attacks and weapons. If outmatched by a particularly strong foe, a Kerabolo does not hesitate to fire a bolt of lightning at them.

Glide (Ex): Most Kerabolos have wings only strong enough to carry them with the wind. A Kerabolo can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 15 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Kerabolo glide at a speed of 20 feet with clumsy maneuverability. Even if a Kerabolo’s maneuverability improves, she can’t hover while gliding. A Kerabolo can’t glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. If a Kerabolo becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. She falls in a corkscrew formation and takes 1d6 damage, regardless of actual distance fallen. At 5 HD, a Kerabolo can fly (20 ft., clumsy maneuverability) for a number of consecutive rounds equal to her Constitution modifier. She may not fly while carrier a medium or heavy load while fatigued or exhausted. She may fly for double that amount before becoming fatigued. If she flies more than 10 minutes per day, she becomes fatigued. Because a Kerabolo can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, she can remain aloft for extended periods, even if she can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued. At 10 HD, a Kerabolo has enough stamina and prowess to fly without tiring. She can fly at a speed of 20 feet (clumsy maneuverability) with no more exertion than walking or running. A Kerabolo with flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, but the Kerabolo must move a minimum of 20 feet and descend at least 5 ft. A Kerabolo can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon. If the dive attack hits, it deals double damage. A Kerabolo with flight can use the run action while flying, provided she flies in a straight line.

Lightning Bolt (Sp): Once per day, Kerabolos may cast lightning bolt as a spell-like ability. Caster level equal to HD.

Protection from Sonic Attacks (Ex): A Kerabolo's earholes are well protected, giving it a +4 circumstance bonus on saving throws against sonic effects and attacks.

Vulnerability to Gas Attacks (Ex): A Kerabolo's metabolism and reliance on scent makes it vulnerable to attacks conveyed through gas, including stinking cloud, cloudkill, and poisonous gas. Kerabolos suffer a -4 penalty on saving throws against gas-based effects and attacks.

Kerabolo Racial Traits
    • +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom
    • Large Outsider (Native): As large creatures, Kerabolos may carry twice as much as a medium creature, gains a +4 bonus to grapple checks, and gains a -1 penalty on armor class and attack rolls. As Native Outsiders, Kerabolos can be raised and resurrected.
    • Base Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    • Darkvision out to 60 ft.
    • Scent
    • Resistance to Resistance to electricity 5, cold 5, and fire 5
    • +5 natural armor
    • Racial Levels: Kerabolos start with two levels of Outsider, giving them 2d8 HD, BAB of +2, and +3 to all saves. A Kerabolo has one racial feat.
    • Racial Skills:A Kerabolo gains a number of skill points for both HD equal to (8 + INT modifier), with x4 at 1st level. Its class skills are Diplomacy, Disguise, Intimidate, Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Search, Spot, and Survival.
    • Glide (Ex): Most Kerabolos have wings only strong enough to carry them with the wind. A Kerabolo can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 15 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Kerabolo glide at a speed of 20 feet with clumsy maneuverability. Even if a Kerabolo’s maneuverability improves, she can’t hover while gliding. A Kerabolo can’t glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. If a Kerabolo becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. She falls in a corkscrew formation and takes 1d6 damage, regardless of actual distance fallen. At 5 HD, a Kerabolo can fly (20 ft., clumsy maneuverability) for a number of consecutive rounds equal to her Constitution modifier. She may not fly while carrier a medium or heavy load while fatigued or exhausted. She may fly for double that amount before becoming fatigued. If she flies more than 10 minutes per day, she becomes fatigued. Because a Kerabolo can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, she can remain aloft for extended periods, even if she can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued. At 10 HD, a Kerabolo has enough stamina and prowess to fly without tiring. She can fly at a speed of 20 feet (clumsy maneuverability) with no more exertion than walking or running. A Kerabolo with flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, but the Kerabolo must move a minimum of 20 feet and descend at least 5 ft. A Kerabolo can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon. If the dive attack hits, it deals double damage. A Kerabolo with flight can use the run action while flying, provided she flies in a straight line.
    • Lightning Bolt (Sp): Once per day, Kerabolos may cast lightning bolt as a spell-like ability. Caster level equal to HD.
    • Protection from Sonic Attacks (Ex): A Kerabolo's earholes are well protected, giving it a +4 circumstance bonus on saving throws against sonic effects and attacks.
    • Vulnerability to Gas Attacks (Ex): A Kerabolo's metabolism and reliance on scent makes it vulnerable to attacks conveyed through gas, including stinking cloud, cloudkill, and poisonous gas. Kerabolos suffer a -4 penalty on saving throws against gas-based effects and attacks.
    • Automatic Language: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Yuan-Ti, Infernal, Common.
      Favored Class: Barbarian
      Level Adjustment: +3
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-03-17 at 05:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Stegospinus
    Huge Magical Beast
    Hit Dice:
    20d10+140 (250 hp)
    Initiative: -1
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 19 (+12 natural, -2 size, -1 Dex), touch 7, flatfooted 19
    Base Attack/Grapple: +20/+40
    Attack: Tail slam +33 melee (2d6+13/19-20)
    Full Attack: Tail slam +33 melee (2d6+13/19-20), and 2 claws +28 melee (1d8+7)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./ 10 ft. (15 ft. with tail)
    Special Attacks: Toss, Trample
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Lowlight vision, scent, Dorsal plates
    Saves: Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 34, Dex 9, Con 23, Int 1, Wis 14, Cha 10
    Skills: Listen +27, Spot +4
    Feats: Improved Critical (Tail Slam), Improved Toughness, Weapon Focus (Claw), Weapon Focus (Tail Slam), Weapon Specialization (Tail Slam), Weapon Focus (Claw), Alertness
    Environment: Warm Marshes
    Organization: Solitary, or herd (5-8)
    Challenge Rating: 15
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 21-40 HD (Huge); 41-60 HD (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment: -----

A lumbering stegosaur, even larger than Stegosaurus, quickly runs through the underbrush. It is extremely agile for its size. Its claws and crocodilian features give away its unnatural origin.

Stegospinus is a species of magically created dinosaurs, a hybrid of Stegosaurus and Spinosaurus. It is believed they were created by Yuan-Ti, as a form of war steed. Since the decline of the Yuan-Ti civilization, Stegospinus have been seen in the wild. They breed true, like any other species.

The Stegosaurus looks like an extravagantly colossal stegosaurus. Two key features give away their unnatural origins; their forelegs are clawed and, although they are not as proficient with them as their tails, are exceedingly dangerous weapons. Their crocodilian faces hold two layers of razor sharp teeth, but there are mostly used for consuming vast quantities of toughened vegetation.

What truly limits the chance an ecological takeover by these large brutes are their feeding habits. As mentioned before, they have razor sharp teeth, but those are better at shredding flesh that ripping off plant matter. This, combined the fact that they (like most stegosaurs) cannot chew, makes them even less efficient at consumption and digestion than their mundane cousins.

Combat
    Stegospinus attempt to take advantage of their quickened speed to trample enemies, before engaging in melee. If taking on tougher targets than they could handle, they switch to the defensive, using their large dorsal plates as extra armor.

Toss (Ex): A creature that is at least two sizes smaller than the stegospinus that is hit by the dinosaur's tail slam must make a successful DC 32 Reflex saving throw or be thrown 30 feet in a random direction away from the stegosaurus. The creature takes 1d6 points of damage from being tossed plus an additional 1d6 points of damage if it strikes a solid object before it travels the full distance. The save DC is Strength-based.

Dorsal Plates (Ex): As a move action, a stegospinus can lower its body to place its dorsal plates between it and a single creature. This grants the stegospinus a +4 armor bonus to its Armor Class against the chosen creature. Additionally, if the chosen creature attacks the stegospinus with a light weapon or a natural weapon, the sharp dorsal plates inflict 1d10 points of slashing damage; a successful DC 19 Reflex saving throw halves this damage. The save DC is Dexterity-based.

Trample (Ex): 2d8+18 damage. Fort save (DC 32) for half damage.
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-03-17 at 03:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Heh, I keep coming back to this thread, to see the new stuff. I think it's my favourite one on the forum at the moment.

A question, LOTRfan, while the stegospinus looks good, why did you choose the magical beast type for it, as opposed to animal? It doesn't seem to have any magical or supernatural abilities.

Not a criticism, just an enquiry.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blynkibrax View Post
    A question, LOTRfan, while the stegospinus looks good, why did you choose the magical beast type for it, as opposed to animal? It doesn't seem to have any magical or supernatural abilities.

Not a criticism, just an enquiry.
    I choose Magical Beast because of its unnatural origins. If I remember correctly, the Monster Manual clarifies a Magical Beast as a creature with magical powers (duh ), an odd appearance/behavior, or one artifically created by magic (but not extensive enough to warrant the Aberration type).

Seeing how this is a hyrbid creature like the Owlbear (who also has no magical powers), I thought the Magical Beast type fit. I'm willing to listen to any objects, though.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Hmm, I can see that. Now that I think of it, griffins are magical beasts, but they don't have any magical abilities as I can remember. All they are is part eagle, part lion. And, as you say, owlbears, too.

The only advantage I can think of for the animal type is that it's more versatile... Werestegospinuses, anyone?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

I added a "racial traits" section to the Kerabolo in case anyone wants to use them as characters. I should probably do something similar for the Ankylotaurs (even if they are near-unplayable).

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Repost of the Fossil Golem. Any suggestions on how to make them... better?

Fossil Golem
    Large Construct
    Hit Die: 20d10+30 (140 hp)
    Initiative: -2
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 22 (-1 size, -2 Dex, +15 natural), touch 7, flat footed 22
    Base attack/Grapple: +15/+25
    Attack: Claw +20 melee (2d8+9 damage)
    Full Attack: 3 Claws +20 melee (2d8+9 damage)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Petrifying touch, berserk
    Special Qualities: Damage reduction 20/adamantine, Immunity to magic, darkvision 60 ft., lowlight vision, construct traits, immunity to cold
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 29, Dex 7, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills: -----
    Feats: -----
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 12
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 21-40 (Huge); 41-60 HD (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment: -----

A massive, shambling mound of remnants comes walking forward. The bones this creature is composed of seem almost rock-like in appearance. It seems to be made of the fossils of various creatures, with multiple heads and many, many limbs.

Fossil Golems are similar to bone golems, except the bones have become hardened with the fossilization process. Fossil Golems are generally used by those excavating areas deep in the Underdark. Since fossils are generally common as workers go deeper and deeper underground, they may hire powerful spellcasters to create powerful construct guardians out of the supplies available.

Fossil Golems are animated by an earth elemental power source. Fossil Golems are considered very dangerous, because they have a petrifying touch that induces the fossilization process, which acts similarly to a flesh to stone spell.

Combat
    Fossil Golems enter combat when commanded to. They try to attack with their petrifying touch first, and try to mop up the rest with their claw attacks.

Immunity to Magic (Ex): A fossil golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.
    A transmute rock to mud spell slows a stone golem (as the slow spell) for 1d6 rounds, with no saving throw, while transmute mud to rock heals half of its lost hit points. A stone to flesh spell does not actually change the golem’s structure but negates its damage reduction and immunity to magic for 1 full round.

Berserk (Ex): When a fossil golem enters combat, there is a cumulative 1% chance each round that its elemental spirit breaks free and the golem goes berserk. The uncontrolled golem goes on a rampage, attacking the nearest living creature or smashing some object smaller than itself if no creature is within reach, then moving on to spread more destruction. The golem’s creator, if within 60 feet, can try to regain control by speaking firmly and persuasively to the golem, which requires a DC 19 Charisma check. It takes 1 minute of inactivity by the golem to reset the golem’s berserk chance to 0%.

Petrifying Touch (Sp): At will, a Fossil Golem can perform a touch attack to magically morph an enemy into stone (DC 16). This is similar to the flesh to stone spell, and has the same effects. Caster Level 10th. DC is Wisdom based.

Construction
    Fossil Golems are constructed out of various bones and rocks, the remnants of creatures long dead. The exact body shape varies, but they usually have two to four arms (the example above uses three), skull fragments from three different creatures, and is usually a quadruped. The construction needs at least eight fossilized corpses. It costs 8,000 gp to excavate and prepare the fossils. Special unguents and bindings worth 1,000 gp are required.

Assembling the body requires a DC 18 Craft (stonemasonry) check.

Caster level 13th;Craft Construct, antimagic field, geas/quest, flesh to stone, limited wish, animate dead; Price 43,000 gp; Cost 21,500 gp+1720 XP.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Up next: Iguanodon. I'll be making the theoretical dinosaurs from Bhu's link afterwards.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

you are awesomes
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

One question: Do you think they'll work better as animals (this seems like the most natural approach, as they are meant to be later evolutions of dinosaurs) or magical beasts (I can make a case for this as well, considering they've never actually existed)?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

none of them are more intelligent than other animals or have supernatural abilities, so animal is just fine
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, than. Just making sure.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

I've kind of just been lurking the thread since it's creation, and I'm not sure if I posted yet, but I just wanted to say this is one of my favorite threads on this board, and one of two reasons I really come to the homebrew forum.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    I've kind of just been lurking the thread since it's creation, and I'm not sure if I posted yet, but I just wanted to say this is one of my favorite threads on this board, and one of two reasons I really come to the homebrew forum.
    Hello! I don't think you have posted before, actually, but it's always good to see someone new visiting. Thank you for the kind words, and if you ever have a request, I'd be happy to oblige.