New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Auron

He lets out a small smirk as the merchant faintly reminds him of an old friend. "Even if he is amusing you should be more careful about how you treat those helping you. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" I believe is the quote. Judging by your features it isn't to hard to guess that you aren't generally accepted in public and strong or not the fact that you hide means that there are things that can kill you or possibly that you are being hunted. Therefore the man is obviously helping you hide as it is very likely that your reckless and playful attitude would cause to blow your cover very quickly. Though the man doesn't look like he could make up a cover story to save his life he is still hiding you. And after all is only common courtesy to repay kindness with kindness in return. Though the fact that you mock him may just be your way of showing affection, I wonder...." He says this all in a manner that sounds that he is merely stating the facts, a tone that Holo is probably going to hate by the time thier journey is over.

Lazlo

The moment he was surrounded his hands went to his swords, that is until Tavi diffused the situation. Seeing that the possible threat had passed Lazlo relaxes from his combat posture. When Tavi offers his portion of the food he merely nods. When they head to the lower deck he asks, "Destination?"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2010-11-09 at 12:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Holo and Lawarance

She does not take that well as her reaction starts by baring her canine fangs and letting out a low gutteral growl that should not be able to come through a human throat. "How dare you speak to me like that? I am Holo! The Wise Wolf! I know well the dangers of the world far greater than you!"

With that she gets up and takes the seat inside the cart that Lawarance had prepared for Auron. In silence Lawarance takes the driver's seat again and motions for Auron to take the passenger seat. As they start on their way again Lawarance explains Holo's situation to Auron. "She is rather sensetive. Comes with being a nature spirit without a home anymore."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ironhide and Facebeater
    Grimgor Ironhide had grown tired of his boyz constant whinin', and he swore that he would kill em' all, nice an' proppa one day or the other. The massive orc grunts, a smile crossing his ugly green face. "All right ladz, you all are cream crackered an' whining. That ain't like da orcs! That ain't da WAAGH! Now, you all like fighting, right? Know what I mean?!" The 'Ard Boyz let out a feral yell. "Blimey! Right! Now we're gonna' go in'er da fawersts, an' give some beast blokes a lesson in pain an' sufferin'. We're gonna ter destroy 'em, then we're goin' ter destroy those elves an' all! We'll wrong turn da whole damn fawerst ter da ground. Blimey! Now qui' your damn whining. The Waagh is gonna continue, whether you like i' awer not. Nuff said, yeah?"
    A scream of Waagh! was yelled, from all the orcs gathered in the desert. "Now saddle up ladz, there's killin' ter do!"
    The Waagh! is on the march again, heading into the forest. The ladz can get water there. Orcs don't die from not fightin', Grimgor thought. If they start dyin' of drought, that's dere fault fer not bein Orcy enuff.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Tavi

"We're heading to the port of Terim, friend Lazlo, where we shall trade goods, establish diplomatic relations, and teach people about the Aleran Nation."

Tavi says this with a quick laugh: still, he seems to be holding something back, something grim.

Lazlo and Tavi walk down to the lower decks and down a hall to a dining room: outside there is a strikingly beautiful woman in a silk tunic and trousers, two swords at her hips. Her hair is pure white, her eyes canted at the corner, and the eyes themselves the same color of emerald green as Tavi's. She's also a few months pregnant, the bulge of her stomach indistinct but just noticable.

"Chala." She says in greeting, then follows it up with a kiss and embrace. "I heard that you caught yourself a very large fish from the sea." Her eyes examine Lazlo. "A handsome fish at that."

Tavi coughs a bit, and turns to Lazlo. "This is my wife, Kitai. Kitai, This is Lazlo. He's...actually, I don't know who he is really, but he seems nice enough."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-11-09 at 06:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Auron

He takes his new seat. "I understand, however she is wrong about knowing more dangers than me. Where I come from even common people know of some of the greatest dangers, and there is one that they all fear. Until she faces that monster the danger she faces, at least to me will seem smaller. I don't wish to cause constant offence, however I will speak my mind if I feel it neccesary or if I am asked a question. I hope that is not an inconvenience."

Lazlo

He nods at Kitai in greeting and sits down with everyone else to eat. He can sense that they want to hear his story. He was not one for talking more than it was needed, however thier curiosity was getting harder and harder to ignore. When he finishes he politely wipes his mouth with a napkin and looks towards those in the room. "Would you like me to tell you how I got here. If so I must first ask you a question, what do you know of the Knights of Gaien." This is the first time he has spoken more than one word since he arrived.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Rand Al'Thor
    Min has a slight spring in her step, and is smiling, enjoying the world. Things have been progressing in a hectic pace, as everything comes to head at once.

Link, hero of Time
    No sound. That in itself is strange, there should be birds singing, insects chirping, the rustle of life and the swaying of the trees. So why isn't there?
    The entire forest is still.
    You step forward, and gasp at what you see. A stone table, apon which lies the figure of an ancient King. Who is awakening, called forth from his slumber by the Earth.

Tavi
    You pass Vroengard at long last, and continue down the coast of The Empire, watching the terrible, hostile mountains of the Spine looming to your side. A more hostile, unforgiving shore would be impossible to imagine. You hope the people aren't like that.

Gimli and Legolas
    You follow the beach, until you come to a pass. It's narrow and treacherous, but you have a dwarf with you and dwarves do not get lost in the mountains anymore then birds get lost on migration.

Gaborn Van Orden
    Boreson comes awake and stands up. At twenty eight, he looks fourty, his face hard and craggy, his beard shot with silver, even a bald patch. But a hard, preserved forty, his muscles have not begun to slide into fat and he carries himself with a steely determination that speaks of a born fighter. His thick, calloused hands clutch weakly at the table for a moment, then he hauls himself up, brushes away the cobwebs of a few enterprising spiders and the dirt that cakes him, and bows to his king.
    "So what now, sire?" He asks in a low voice.
    Mysarra and Iome are slower to awake. Mysarra is almost heart-breakingly beautiful, her endowments of glamor and her own good genes seeing to that, but she's as dangerous as her husband. A tough, flexible, composite bow nearly eight feet long and forged out of steel sits beside her, one that three strong men couldn't draw without even considering the material it was made from. But then, she was quite a bit stronger then three strong men.

Tywin Lannister
    Your son, Jaime, walks over to you, his white cape swirling as he walks. The cloak of the Kingsguard. Another of Darken Rahl's thinly veiled insults.
    He wanted to take your heir, to show you he controlled things. And so, at the age of fourteen, he had been inducted to the Kingsguard. It was unquestionable the boy was worthy, he as one of the finest swordsmen and lancers you'd ever seen. But just the same, it was an insult.
    Just one more to pay back.
    "Benjamin wanted to speak to you father, about your support to his war."

Druss
    Dawn comes, a single ray of light breaking the clouds, as it shines on the world. And the Varden begin to stir themselves, preparing to attack again. Siege is being constructed, and soon you'll lose the wall. Matter of time. hen a fall back to the citadel, a few sorties and forays to bloody their noses and dig in and hope for reinforcements.
    You've lived through sieges. You can see already how this is going to go. Beside you a young conscript slumps to the ground, defeated and terrified out of his mind.

Matt, Cohen
    A few more seats are dragged to the table, as people come to watch the game. There is a clatter as more coins are thrown int the center. Two gold coins was a good sum, and yet somehow everyone seems determined to be part of this even if it means risking more then you can afford.
    Well there go your chances of fading into the background and passing through unnoticed. Just your luck.

Moraine & Lan
    Zedicus nods his head. "Quite sure, I assure you. Of course, we do have a prophet of our own if you wish him to look over the prophesies, Lord Nathan does take an interest in them."
    He takes another sip of his drink, and you can't help but wonder if he is really as small-minded and clueless as he acts.

Tanis, Tasselfhoff
    The door opens, and the jailer steps in, a big, broad shouldered draconian. His keys are hanging on the loop of his belt.
    This is the first time you've seen him.

Grimgor, Borgut
    The ladz begin to line up, a few throwing punches or starting brawls, but for the most part listening to you. None of them want to start a fight when you are around, in case you decide to finish it and wade in.
    The forest comes closer, the treeline starting abruptly, massive woods that tower above even the biggest orc.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-09 at 08:04 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat cringes. More people, more likely someone's going to accuse him of cheating. Bloody brilliant. He just wanted a quiet evening...

at least no one had recognised him as bloody Prince of the Ravens yet. That would have completely ruined his chances of it being quiet.

...although seeing Tuon- sorry, Fortuona- would be nice. He meant to go see her after this, honest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #38

Kitaria
    "Fine. We were going to do that anyway." She stretches back, making herself far more comfortable in the chair, "Though I do have to ask...why?" It didn't really matter, but it would be an interesting piece of information that might have a minor impact on her plans. Or he'd simply lie. Both were likely.

Tasslehoff
    Tass looks up, "Ooh, maybe he's come to feed us. You think so, Tanis? Or maybe say why we're here? Oooh or even let us go! You gonna let us go now, sir?" Tass had spent a few weeks with only one person. He was bouncing to talk to others again.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Matt
    You feel the dice rolling in your head, rattling away. Something big is about to happen, something important, and there was no way to escape it.
    If you back out now, everyone will be sure you're cheating, it looks far too suspicious for them to suspect anything else. And if you roll, you'll almost definitely win, and people will assume it anyway.

Allecia Ehothorn
    You make your way to a balcony, there to watch the sun rise over the waves, when you behold a face. Azura stares down at you, radient as a second sun in the sky.

Holo and Lawarance, Auron
    You have come to the People's Palace. The People's Palace is the home of the Lord Rahl and is effectively the capital of D'Hara. The People's Palace is one of the largest buildings (if not the largest) in the known world and an entire city lives within the walls of the palace. Within is most of the economy of the country, with a market like no other and transactions of every kind taking place behind the walls.
    Just the same, it would be best to deal directly with the military this time. A safer use of your investment, dealing directly and cutting out the middleman.

Mumm-Ra, The Ever Living
    He does, barely flinching at the display, given the atrocities the Imperial Order committed this place practically welcomed him. He makes his way to you throne room, then stops, ceding the initiative to you as he is uncertain of protocol.

Tasslehoff
    He grunts at you, and puts down a fresh pitcher of water. Without further ado he turns and begins to leave. You can feel your chances of escape falling away as he does.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-09 at 08:24 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat sighs. "All right. I'll roll first."

He rolls, and checks the dice.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Matt
    You didn't even need to check. The dice stopped on three sixes.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Matt sighs, and mentally prepares for the barfight.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #43

Tasslehoff
    Tass tries to palm off the key ring. He wasn't a very good thief-he didn't know why Kender had that reputation among other species. He just forgot to give things back, or found something that happen to fall near him. Still, he had fast hands, so hopefully he would still be able to get those keys, as strange as it was to take something.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

14. - Top - End - #44

Moraine & Lan
    Moraine eyes spark. Finally, a lead.
    That would be helpful. Where can I find him?

Mumm-Ra, The Ever Living
    As the man enters the throne room, he will notice that the apeman has disappeared. Before his a wide open, high ceilinged area. In the center, is a small bubbling pool of liquid. It may or may not be water, but whatever it is, it has a deep purple tint to it. Surrounding the pool are four giant statues, basically, they are men with different animal heads.

Across the pool is a sarcophagus, which slowly begins to be opened. Out steps a red cloaked figure, underneath the cloak is the figure of a mummy, totally covered in bandages except for his face. The skin on his face is dull and gray, due to years of not being alive. Not to mention the two red eyes that are on his face.
    "Why have you come and bothered me, The Great Mumm-Ra, Ever Living Source of Evil?"
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Tavi

"Knights of Gaien? Never heard of them." Tavi responds. As the weather ebbed, he managed to swallow some food and sip some wine: Kitai sits by his side: at the table sits the branded soldier known as Araris, a woman with streaks of white in her hair who Tavi identified as Isana, and a young fellow with a crew cut known as Max.

"We've got a whole bunch of Knights here." Max remarks. "Aerius, Ignus, Aqua, Terra, Flora, an' Ferrous. Gaien...never heard of them either, Tavi. Mayber the Ambassador...."

With those words, the door to the dinning room bursts open, and a giant wolf creature stalks in, scars all over his face.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lazlo

"I'm guessing that he is one of your crew as well, if not you can let me take care of him." He says this all very calmly. While that wolf was unexpected he was not worried about his ability to take care of it, his hand hovering over his swords.

Link

He walks forward slowly his hand still on the hilt of his sword. He approaches the king and says, "Hello?" He is ready incase he tries to pull anything. After all he did learn something from all those surprise boss fights.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2010-11-09 at 08:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Allecia Ehothorn

"My Lord Azura..."

The Daedra have no gender, viewing the concept as utterly unnecessary. Still, many of them prefer one or the other, for simplicity's sake. Azura often took a female form, but she was still a Daedric Prince. Allecia had written a paper on it approximately a century ago.

"You heard my prayer?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #48

Zasamal

"I have personal reasons to see that he does well for himself for now." Zasamal says not giving anything but the most obvious about his plans away.

He pulls out a world map from his cloak and points out the current Varden base in Surda on it. "You will find the Varden leaders here. Tell them that Zasamal sent you and they shouldn't give you any trouble."

Holo and Lawarance

"She's sensetive but she's not stupid. She's usually much more sensible about her prediciment. It's not often that she's free of the Church hunting her down as an abomination, D'Hara is very much against religion so she's safe here." Lawarance explains.

"She'll calm down when she sees the apples this ore will buy us after we sell it to the millitary." The merchant continues as they head towards the nearest millitary barracks within the city.

19. - Top - End - #49

Kitaria
    She leans forward, smiling at him, "Well then, I think our business is concluded-unless there is something else you'd like to discuss?" Soth stands, ready as always in case a fight breaks out...or he decides he wants to kill someone.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Tavi

Tavi leans back, watching the exchange between you and the Wolf-man.

The Canim leans forward and sniffs at Lazlo, who reacts with calm poise. After a tense standoff, the Canim leans back and slowly inclines his head to the side.

"A brave offer, man-fish. However, the Tavar and I are Gadara," he inclines his head at Tavi, currently being referred to as 'Tavar', whatever that means. "He is the only one that can kill me. Unless I kill him first."

Ambassador Varg grabs a hunk of meat from the table and devours it in one bite, fangs flashing as he rips into the meat. "The Mountain Spine of this Continent is in view, and we draw near the port of this Empire. It's time for you to trade your baubles and try to make peace before war, if you are indeed still fixed upon this task."

"Still am, Gadara." Tavi replies, returning the inclined nod. "C'mon boys and girls: let's take a look at this new world."

The group of people heads up on deck. Lazlo notes that Isana and Araris walk together in much the same way as Tavi and Kitai do.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gimli and Legolas
    "A pass! 'Tis our lucky day!"
    "Hold on, Gimli. We need to make sure we have enough supplies before we make a treacherous journey like this. How much food do we have?"
    "Well I know we've each got around 8 pieces of bread and we've also got some fish we caught on the way here. The water supplies are a bit low, but we can drink sparingly enough."
    "Alright, we've enough for the journey. Let's make haste old friend!"
    And with that Legolas runs off towards the pass, leaving Gimli to hobble after him. The two are laughing like old friends should.

Tanis
    He sees the gambit that Tass is pulling and goes to pick up the pitcher of water. If he needed to, this could be used as an improvised weapon.
    Last edited by The Shoveler; 2010-11-10 at 12:21 AM.
    Greatest Song of the Week: Hidan's Theme
    Picture of the Week: Come to Life

Twilight, the Lynching

22. - Top - End - #52

Zasamal

"No we are done for now." Zasamal says walking off into the crowd. He wanders to the other side of town where a Caravan to Urű'baen awaits him. It is time to check in on other key players.

23. - Top - End - #53

Ktaria
    "Pity. It could have been interesting." She turns to Soth and nods as the two leave, heading back to the camp. She'd check on her prisoners after she got them to a real fortress so she didn't need to worry about escapes. She had Tanis. And the Kender.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

24. - Top - End - #54

HalfOrcPirate

The 'Ard Boyz
    Gimgor raises a hand, commanding his boyz to stop. " Lright, ladz. Dere's beastmen in dese ere' woods, so we's gonna go in an chopp em to bitz! But ye best be careful, dem pointy-eared freakz is in de woods to! An' dey always be dancin' around when you wanna' kill em nice an' proppa." Grimgor says, motioning for Borgut Facebeater to join him in the front, where the killing is good.
    "Right, Boss. Let's teach these beasties a lesson!" Facebeater shouts, beating his chest with pride.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

The 'Ard Boyz
    Where ten thousand orcs go, they don't need roads. The lush, young evergreens of the ven pressed at their sides, channeling them into a narrow, dark, green, walled route cut through the brush and branches. They could see little around them.
    After a time, the ground started rising and becoming rockier, and the tree's thinned slightly, allowing a more open view. The trail twisted along deeply shaded cuts in the terrain and across leaf-strewn ravines. Dry leaves scattered at their passing. Pines and spruce gave way to hadwood trees, mostly white birch, and as the limbs swayed overhead to a silent breeze, tiny patches of sunlight danced on the forest floor.
    But there is nothing in sight to fight, and the trees feel like they are mocking you. They is green like orcs, but they hide orcs enemies.

Tywin Lannister
    He was tall and golden, favoring long, flowing blond hair and a smile that cut like a knife, crimson silk that matched his dragon, high black boots and a matching satin cloak. The crest over his heart identified him as a noble, and the hard lines beneath the frippery identified him as a warrior.
    "Benjamin wanted to speak to you father, about your support to his war." Jaime is not the most perceptive of individuals, but he anticipates your response nonetheless.
    You don't like Benjamin. His father was a butcher for Gods sake. Best you work quickly, you can have him shamed and back to marching on walls where he belong

Mumm-Ra, The Ever Living
    "My Emperor wishes to pay homage to you, great king." He replied smoothly, sinking into the role of the diplomat. "The New Order will need allies of your stature if it is to spread it's word across the world, wouldn't you agree?"

Matt
    The tumbling dice stop in your head with a rattle, and you sigh, resigned.
    The men in the bar were an even mix of big, simple, scarred, worn, drunk and dangerous. One sitting at the door was cleaning his fingernails with a throat-cut razor.
    A big, bearded, man with a thick beard and arms like Matt's legs had a rat perched on one shoulder and was sharpening the biggest sword he had ever seen with a wetstone, and a bunch of similar men were seated around him, looking like the opening of hostilities in a mid-range war. The only man sitting at the bar was around forty, slight, his every movement careful, with a single sword belted at his hip, sipping tea.
    You'd come here for a good reason. These were people from all over the world, and so there was a good chance at least one or two of them would have something to work with. People talked in bars, and talked while they gambled.
    A man with a hatchet face slams a knife into the table, splitting it. Well that was stupid. He'd just more or less lost his weapon, it would be jammed in the grain and never get out.
    "Nobody rolls two sets of four crowns in a row. Not fairly. I'll be taking my money back."
    Right on schedule, someone threw a punch, a drink splashed in someone's face, someone swung on the rafters, someone else was tossed onto a table, and the scene degenerated into a brawl.

Holo and Lawarance
    The barracks is a squat gray building, hard and utilitarian with uniform windows and perfectly regimented discipline. The soldiers have a complex chain of command, and at the moment this is also their headquarters.
    You bounce through a bit of bureaucracy, then find yourself confronted with general Benjamin Meiffert himself.
    He looks like the poster-child of a career soldier. Tall, broad shouldered, well built and had the typical characteristic blond hair and blue eyes of a D'Haran. He wore the battle armor customary of D'Haran soldiers, nicked and scratched from use so that it looked faintly ridiculous over his full dress uniform and half cape beneath. He gives you a smile as you come on, and offers you chairs.
    This is not normal. He wants something else out of you.

Tasslehoff
    You manage to lift the keys. He notices however, and becomes angry with you. A clear step up, before you had no keys, and he was angry with you, now you have keys and he is angry with you.
    Then Tanis brains him with the clay jug, and the draconian falls unconscious.

Moriane and Lan
    Zeddicus blinks, surprised at your sudden urgency. You've carried yourself with Aes Sedai grace and serenity, and the sudden hint of urgency was disconcerting.
    "In D'Hara, of course. Lord Richard has him close at all times. But we have a collection of prophecies here if you like..."

Allecia Ehothorn
    "Little escapes me, and less still do I ignore." She replies softly. "But it is not your entreaty that brought me here, though know I do feel your suffering as you do, and offer you what comforts I may. Rather, ti is your future, and the future of your realm."

Wander
    The orcs make their way into the forest. Any other army would have outriders or scouts, but the orcs march in a vast, untidy sprawl, as though failing to even recognize the possibility of being snuck up on.
    The collosus is towed at the back of the horde.

Nekron
    Before him was a village of the sort that doesn't even appear on maps. The sort of town that people come from, not go to. The houses were little more then huts, simple with thatch covered roofs and no fences or windows. But it would do.
    Your beasts pillage and raid, and take what they want, but the takings are as meager as the people within. The North is a cold, hard place, empty. You long to go South, where the soft Southerners grow fat on riches and never feel the icy bite of winter.

Tavi
    Kitai watches the shore as you pass. Her hair is white, and shaved on the sides, leaving just a strip that hangs down her back like a horses mane. Her eyes are slanted and angular, and her features seem delicate but at the same time bespeak toughness. She's not human, exactly, but she very nearly is.
    "I don't like it." She said. She overplays the unlettered savage card a bit too much, in your opinion, but her sentiments are easy to agree with. You don't think you've ever seen a more inhospitable looking place.
    "Why would anyone choose to live here?"

Terim. A port city, contained behind a white wall, a hundred feet tall and thirty feet thick, more then enough fortifications for the soldier in you to nod in approval. All are well designed and made to be defended, it would be an unlucky army that tried to besiege this city.
    In the northeast sector of the city was a towering citadel, like some lance thrust up into the sky atop a hill, which housed the lighthouse. The docks stretched along most of the ocean, where hundreds of ships made port everything from merchants to massive warships. The city's buildings grew progressively taller from the outside in; the tallest buildings were near the citadel, so that archers could fire down at the enemy as they retreated.
    It is also the Empire's main port, and the webwork of it's trade.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-10 at 06:45 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #56

Tasslehoff
    "Ooooh, Nasty!" Tasslehoff begins quickly begins undoing the shackles to free them so they could get out of this camp before anyone noticed. The minute he frees himself, he begins getting to work freeing Tanis.

Kitaria
    Kitaria, upon returning to the camp, calls her commanders forth, "We have a location. Get the men ready to move out-we'll be negoiating with the Varden in a week or less!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

27. - Top - End - #57

Mumm-Ra, The Ever Living
    He thinks on it. He didn't like having to share the world, but allies would be necessary. He would need to destroy them quickly once they had the world in their palm, before they could turn on him first.
    "What are the terms of this alliance?"

Moraine & Lan
    Lan frowned at his Aes Sedai. She quickly regained her composure.
    It would be much appreciated if we could see them.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Rand Al'Thor

One of the merchants in the square was selling flowers. As far as he could tell, women liked flowers. He still wasn't good with women. If only Mat or Perrin could give him advice...

While Min is temporarily distracted, he makes a quick purchase, and returns with a pair.

"For you, Min."

Allecia

"I am listening, Lord Azura, though I am a poor substitute for my husband."

That wasn't just modesty talking. He had saved Tamriel far too many times for her to be thought of as worthy, even if she hadn't done such horrible, terrible things.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Wander

This was getting more than a bit uncomfortable for Wander. He sat down in the saddle, getting Agro to slow down. At this point, they're at a safe enough distance to not be immediately noticable, made easier by the ensuing chaos, but close enough to get a good look at the Colossus. The Colossus was dissappearing into the forest, along with the orcs that were towing it. If he wasted anymore time, the ensuing fight would have to be in tight spaces, and much more likely to rile the orcs into a frenzy aimed straight at a certain human in a poncho and his steed.

If there was ever a time to try and awaken the beast that lived amongst the band of orcs, it was now.

He pulls out his longbow and nocks an arrow, aiming at the statue's head. He lets the arrow fly. Hopefully, this will be enough to rile it from it's slumber.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Tavi

"I don't know." Tavi replies. His mind goes back to an older city, the city of Alera Imperia, before it's destruction at the hands of his grandfather, a last ditch attempt to halt the Vord...He brings his thoughts back to the present.

"Still, we can ask about that, Chala! Diplomacy's all about asking questions!"

Tavi gestures Max over. "Max, send out flyers to the other ships of the fleet: tell them to hang back until we get permission for all of them to dock. And send a general order to all crew, Citizens, Legionnaires, Castes, and Clans: be on your best behavior, don't start fights, and don't use Craftings or Sorcery in front of the locals unless there's no other option."

He turns to Lazlo. "You can head off after we dock, or you can stick around: I guarantee It'll be interesting."

"Interesting in this case meaning 'Pure Insanity'." Max remarks.

"Hush now." Tavi says.

As the Septimus nears port, Tavi puts on his armor, cloak, swords, and steel circlet. "Okay Max." He says with a scary grin. "Get the Honor guard on deck...and bring the Banners and Trumpeters."

Max looks pained. "Do we have to, Tav–uh, First Lord? They're kind of...tacky."

"Sorry, Max. The banners and trumpets are essential."

"...As you command, M'Lord."

The Septimus slides into port, it's size much larger than most of the ships already in dock: brilliant and gaudy banners flying from every railing, mast, and rope of the ship, in the colors of the House of Gaius: a Cohort of Legionnaires in formal dress stand to attention, and a group of Trumpeters strike up the Loud, Blaring, and utterly Hideous "Crown Anthem."

Max, dressed in a gold-threaded cloak and helmet with a bright red brush on top, sits at the head of the deck holding a scroll, with an expression of utter discomfort on his face: he'd play the role well enough though.

Now it was time to wait for a response.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-11-10 at 07:59 PM.