New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Moraine and Lan
    Maps shouldn't be too hard to find. They are in a library afterall. Her and Lan search everywhere, including every corner and crevice for maps.

Mumm-Ra, The Ever Living
    Rataro watches Mumm-Ra as the mummy king peers into the cauldron.
    So what will you do now?

Mumm-Ra turns from the pool.
    I will rest, and plan.
    He steps into his sarcophagus and it shuts.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Cohen
    "Done already? You young 'uns have no stamina. Well, I'll be tuning me back now and hobbling out. Any of you want to get brave, do it now while I'm in a good mood. So we keep things friendly like."

He looks around, and when nobody else tries to make a point he sneers, turn and swaggers out of the room, replacing his sword as he does so. When he gets out, he heads for the stables, steals a horse and goes.

Conan
    The Chimmerian stares steadily at the figure for a long moment, taking in every detail, the give a nod. "You're paying." He says in his deep voice, his face betraying not the slightest flicker of emotion.

Sonja
    The queen carefully goes over every detail she knows or has heard about the New World Order, to prepare herself.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

Tavi

"Never say 'not possible'." Tavi remarks. "You'd be surprised at how often the most bitter of enemies can turn into...well, honorable enemies you can ally with."

He inclines his head to Ambassador Varg. "But anyways: what's the other war, the one that makes yours look like peanuts?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

Holo and Lawrence

They rest up for the night and prepare to see the agent about the goods in the morning.

Zasamal

"Where do you plan on going?" Zasamal asks idly trying to nip this in the bud.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-11-15 at 09:12 AM.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Rand Al'Thor

"I rather doubt that your enemies are entirely sworn to the Dark One. Perhaps a leader or two, but no more. Nevertheless, I will need to go to them as well."

Gradient

"It's too peaceful. Smells like a trap. An ambush." Pellew had years of instinct in the field backing him up.

"If it's an ambush or a trap, its an incompetent one. Nobody save a fool would fall for it. Therefore, we have nothing to fear, for any force that attempts to attack us must be disorganized and therefore easy to obtain the upper hand of." Cleon provided a more rational point of view.

"Here's an idea. It's late, some of us need to sleep, and we can simply take watches throughout the night. I'll leave the two of you to divide them up."

Allecia nods off to sleep. She still isn't used to traveling outdoors. Cleon and Pellew both stare at each other, neither trusting the other.

"I'll take first watch," the General mutters. "I, unlike the two of you, am actually human, and as such need to sleep. Getting it all in one block is the better way."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Achilles

The Slayer of Men raised an eyebrow at the claim that his man with his knife would "put him down". It was a claim that he had heard from hundreds of champions and heroes of dozens of nations. None had succeeded.

"You would put me down?" he said, with a tone half incredulous and half amused.

"A great many have tried, they have not found it so easy." he said, smiling wickedly now. Despite that, he withdrew his blade, tossing it up into the air and then grabbing it by the handle so that the blade was reversed in his hand, and then holding it down at his side.

"It is too early in the day for bloodshed. Speak, then" Achilles finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Moraine and Lan
    It takes a little effort, searching through musty books, cracked pages and forgotten documents, but at last you find a detailed map. Du Weldenvarden is on the other side of the continent.

Sonja
    The Order taught that mankind was evil and full of selfish desires. Further, they teach that it was the duty of all to bend to the will of others in need. People are promised a better world after death and that their current life was worthless.
    The Imperial Order despised magic and those who are gifted with it, wishing to end it all together, and in the same way wish to end the influence of the gods, leaving the world to nobody but man.

Conan
    Croaker nods, and does so, in coins of a demonition you've never seen before, and you've been almost everywhere. He's got the build of an archer, sinewy rather then muscular, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist.
    He sits down and sip his drink with the air of someone who doesn't want to lose his wits until he has to.
    "No sense wasting time. Got a job offer. Interested?"

Cohen
    They have learned their lesson. They don't pursue you. You're free to do as you want.

Tavi, Rand Al'Thor
    "In nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him." Says an old man, as he opens the door and steps in. "But a man does not have to be his servant to work evil, when their own hearts are black."
    His hair was white, and his long white beard grew down below his waist. His eyebrows were thick and bushy, his nose was hooked like a beak and his eyes danced beyond, suggesting he knew things nobody else did.
    He dressed in a long gray cloak, wearing a tall shady-brimmed pointed blue hat, a silver scarf, and long black boots. He carried a staff, topped with a tiny crystal.
    Min starts when she sees him, gaping for a moment, and Murtagh blinks, however his reaction is not as it was when he saw Rand arrive.

Zasamal
    "East. I have read the works of Jagang the Just and Narev, and wish to learn more of their philosophy. I think I could learn a lot from them. Oromis said I must master philosophy if I am to master battle."

Holo and Lawrence and Auron
    The sun rises. Dawn has come.

Achilles
    Raven only smiles. He's no idea quite what Achillies is capable of, and if he was he'd be a little less confident. But only a little, while he's only an ordinary human he doesn't let demigods push him around any more then he lets anything else. Normally this would give him a very short life expectancy, but he is an exception, as much due to luck as the fact he's a hard case.
    "Well I start drinking early in the day, if I'm only going to spend the day drinking anyway. Saves time." His eyes narrow. "So why don't you tell me who you are, and what you're doing? I got a fondness for charity cases, and here you are, running out of money with nothing you can use to make more. What'll you do when the food runs out?"

Kitiara
    The massive creature reared up, then with a massive snap of it's wings launched them into the sky. The roar was almost deafening. Currents of air stroked their faces, as the ground slipped away beneath them. There was a sickening sense of vertigo, as the dragon began to plummet into a dive, but then it straightened and the feeling ceased. At first it was slow and unsteady, but then a rhythm began as they climbed higher still.
    Beneath them lay clouds in a near-endless rolling sea of white. Through a sudden gap in the clouds a patchwork quilt of fields, woods and forest spread out far below, even the mountains seemed insignificant. They were so high up they could read the surface of the world like a map. Then the gap closed again, leaving a field of snow beneath a sky of incomparable blue.
    Then you have flown the distance, and have arrived in Feinstar.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-15 at 04:43 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #188

Zasamal

"A comendable effort but that takes you through D'Hara. As powerful as you are it would not be wise for one so well known as part of the Varden to travel so openly through Rhal's kingdom. Allow me to make the journey with you." Zasamal offers.

"I have many contacts in the East I can call upon and posses knowledge of routes around the border patrols that should get you through easily enough. I will not interfere with your philisopical studies, just simply make sure you make it through in one peice."

Holo and Lawrence

The merchants make their way downstairs to meet with the agent bringing them their goods. It wouldn't do to leave without inspecting the merchandise first. The last thing they want to do is to be trying to sell stolen crown jewels.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Zasamal
    "If you wish, teacher." He replies. Your manipulations have seen to it that you're the only person he respects and defers to that isn't an elf.

Holo and Lawrence
    The man's name is Petyr Baelish, also called Littlefinger, master of coin, and you wonder how he was unfortunate enough to earn that nickname. He gives you a chest, more of a strongbox. As promised, it is mostly jewelry. He also hands them a sheet of paper detailing the expected price of them all, and allowable deviations.
    He seems to have had them all officially apprised, and from what you can see they did a good, accurate job of correctly assessing the value, though he may have been a little on the generous side. Jut the same, you are looking at a significant profit. Enough to live like a king for a year.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Achilles

Achilles' sharp blue eyes bored into the man before him, and he regarded him intensely. Blue eyes that almost seemed to glow with an internal fire, eyes that roiled and burned and sought and found and knew. Eyes of a being more God than man. There had been times when weaker minded mortals had gazed upon Achilles and, in the moment that they met eyes, they would've followed him anywhere or promised him anything. Raven was not one of these weaker minded mortals, Achilles could tell this just by looking at him.

"I am Achilles, son of Peleus, and these are my Myrmidons." he said at last, his stare softening only a little.

"As for what we are doing here... regrouping, you might say, for we were lost in a storm and our ship was wrecked on the coast. We are here to rest, and then seek passage back to Greece as soon as we can, for a war and great kleos, glory, await us there." Achilles twirled the xiphos in his hand so that the blade was facing the right way again, his powerfully muscled and well-tanned arms handling the heavy weapon as if it were as light as a twig.

"Now, I'm not sure what we shall do when money runs low, though I have a few ideas. Profitable, but not honourable, to my regreat" he finished, an almost resigned tone in his voice as he tested the edge of his xiphos with his thumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Smaug

Smaug seems surprised. He can't believe that he'd been asleep long enough for continents to drift, for land to change so drastically that he wouldn't recognize it.

He gets up, keeping an eye on the stranger, making it very clear that he is watching him. However, he soon gets a sly smirk near the corners of his jaws, and nods to the entrance of his den. "Would you be so generous as to show me what this new world looks like?"

Wander

Wander's thoughts were split between the pain of his crushed hand and getting to that rune. But at this point, he doesn't have very many options. He is but a human, after all...
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Achilles
    He softens a little as well, his blade vanishing somewhere in his clothing. But not much. There was just no give in the man.
    He does note your clear skill with the sword, and that seems to make up his mind.
    "I'm Raven. It's the only name I have anymore. We're the Black Company, and we can always use a man that's good with a blade. The pays good, though the life leaves a bit to be desired. Think about it, sleep on it, and I should still be here when you wake up again."
    With that he nods, then turns and walks back down to the bar.

Smaug
    Galbatorix nods. "I cannot stay long. But I can tell you that you slumber beneath the peaks of the Helgrind, in the city of Dras-Leona, where the men pay you tribute. And I can tell you that war is coming." With that he fades, and is gone.

Wander
    As you hang down, looking at the lurching ground, you realize that the thing is trapping itself, unable to move effectively in the forest. Perhaps if you were to tangle it more completely it would become easy prey.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-15 at 09:32 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

"Actually, I was going to head to Rand pretty soon. But, you know, me and gambling..."

Mat shrugs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #194

Holo and Lawrence

"Do you have a record of where they were obtained? I do not want to sell them too close to where you got them and risk them being reconized. Having me rotting in an Imperial Dungeon doesn't make either of us a profit." Not to mention having Holo captured by the church probably does horrible things to Lawrence's soul. He's still foggy on the details but his oath to help Holo in her travels was binding on a spirtual level.

Zasamal

"Very well. I shall make the nesecary arrangements. In the meantime back at the base there is a woman by the name of Kitiara. Before Galbatorix took over she was a Knight and a Rider. She is much more qualified to teach you of what your position means than I or even the Elves." Zasamal explains as they return to the base bar any interesting events on the streets of Town.

"Seek her out, ride and train with her as much as you are able to over the next moon. Even if it means neglecting your duties to the other Varden. In a months time I will secure us passage to the East and you may study to your heart's content. Do try to keep a professional image with her, should her companion Lord Soth grow jealous he will kill you in your sleep and even I may be unable to protect you."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Tavi

As the grey wanderer enters, blades reflexively flash from the sheathes of Tavi's honor guard and friends.

"Stop! Put your swords away...again!" Tavi commands with a bit of frustration.

"Pardon my companions." he says to the old man. "I'm Gaius Octavian, I lead the Realm of Alera, and I was talking with Rand Al'Thor and Prince Murtagh about the "Dark One" situation."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-11-15 at 07:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Tavi, Rand
    Gandalf nods, accepting your apology, though in truth seems rather unconcerned by the event, pushing Arasis's sword aside and walking past to sit in the chair Murtagh vacated.
    "The men are there to protect you, in these troubled times such precaution is only sensible. You would be sorrier to find they did not defend you when you need them then you are to apologise for them doing their task when it is unwarranted."
    He takes out a long stemmed pike, which he sucks on but does not fill or light. He pauses for a moment, then surveys the room, his gaze passing over each of you, and at last he speaks. As he does, the room seems darker, the light seems to recede, and the shadows grow, as though Twilight had come hours early.
    "I came to offer counsel, that may guide you, and may fail you, for even the wise cannot see all ends, but wisdom should not be hoarded when it is better put to use. And so I bid you all listen, for the things we speak of are best not repeated, lest we draw his attention and so let him learn of our plans. We are all friends here. Or should be; for the laughter of The Dark One will be our only reward if we quarrel. For he stirs, make no mistake. Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again, in one form or another."
    He sighs, and in that moment seems very old, and very tired, yet possesed of a fierce vitality that will see him through. Rand has hundreds of years of life and experience, yet in that moment Gandalf seems older still, ancient beyond all reckoning.
    "They may not knowingly serve him, but there is nothing that he cannot turn to evil uses. For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. Such deeds he loves: friend at war with friend; loyalty divided in confusion of hearts."

Holo and Lawrence
    "Not individually, soldiers make poor book keepers even when money is involved." He replies, with a chuckle and a flash of bitterness. "But they were taken from the Midlands, and so we suggest the Empire."

Zasamal
    For a moment, Eragon looks his age, the bitterness and hautear leaving his features to be replaced with a look of wonder and longing. But then he shakes his head, and the moment is gone. "Strange, that she should wait until now to reveal hersel. Perhaps my coming helped her remember her courage. I look forward to meeting her. But make your preperations soon, the Varden will need me."

Mat
    Lying to Tuon is harder then you'd think. She's unusually perceptive, and women seem able to read your mind when they make the effort. But she nods, seemingly satisfied, and lifts a hand. "Surely there are taverns in your land across the sea." She replies, giving you a probing look.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-11-15 at 08:35 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

"Also looking for rumors. See if anything here could have an impact on Rand."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat
    Tuon, who expected your excuse to have her in it and was preparing to hautily dismiss it, blinked, and rapidly mentally backtracked for a moment, then tapped her laquered fingernails on the armrest.
    "You refer to the prophecies?" She asks. It was noted that several deviations in the recordings exist, most particularly that Rand would be a servant of the crystal throne.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

"...I'm partially trying to figure out why there are differences between yours and ours, yeah."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat
    "Ah. Then I will give you a room in the pallace and you may examine them as you choose. I will have the servents see to it." That sounds like a dismissal to you. It also sounds like that, while living in a pallace isn't bad, that she'll be keeping you close. And somehow you suspect that this is going to end in you escaping from her again.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Smaug

When the man leaves, Smaug feels something that he hasn't...ever, really. A twinge of longing. No more Erebor, no more Town of Dale...it was really somewhat sad, actually. Of course, that lasted for all of one second, as soon he realized he had new lands to dominate. Plus, the idea of still being paid tribute to did a nice bit of ego inflation for Smaug.

Unfortunately, this "Galbatorix" left Smaug horribly uninformed. But, there was one thing that he did mention: a town called Dras-Leona. The town that supposedly payed Smaug tribute. There was a puzzle to be solved, and Smaug loved puzzles.

Perhaps it was time to pay a visit to this Dras-Leona. Remind them of who they were paying tribute to.

Smaug soon snakes his way out of the den, peeking outside to view his new surroundings. In particular, to see if anyone was coming, or looks like they would be foolhardy enough to try and steal from him while he was away.

Wander

At this point, his arm was sore from having to hang there with one hand. So, he shifts his body and lets go, making it so that he slides down the Colossus' body onto the ground below. With a roll, he makes it onto his feet, his free hand cupped to his face as he calls out for Agro again.

Within a few moments, Agro gallops through the trees to Wander's side. Now, however, he gets on him more slowly than usual, unable to grab the side of the saddle with his injured hand. After he swings in the saddle, he spurs Agro in front of the Colossus, aiming to lead it into immobility.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Wander
    The Collosus loses momentum, having to force itself between gaps until eventually it is trapped, it's massive size working against it in the dense forest.

Smaug
    A huge city of black stone looms before you, one carved in the style of Minus Morgul, dark, blocky buildings that cling to the mountain. A huge temple has been erected beneath, where priests make blood sacrifices and leave gold in the chasm below.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat grins. "Thanks. Can I get the spear back, though? It's a good spear..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat
    Tuon, who knows you better then anyone other then your closest friends, and knows more about you then even they, smiles again. "Well, you have already been hung for it, so it seems I cannot do it again. I suppose it should be yours."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat smiles gratefully. "Thanks."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Mat
    Your audience is at an end. At least for now, she seems to want to keep you close, and so she invited you to a room in the pallace. You suppose you better return to the bar and meet with Thom and Juon, then try to figure out a way to escape.
    On the way out, the guardsman hands you the spear, then leaves without a word.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Smaug

How thoughtful of them, Smaug cannot help but think. And how thoughtful of him. They're about to meet their little god face-to-face, likely for the first time in their lives. Seeing no one trying to steal his horde, Smaug unfurls his expansive wings and dives off of his porch, his wings carrying him to that place.

His scales glisten in the sun, and his underbelly, though shaded, shows the cuts on his armor of brilliant gemstones. He doesn't quite blot out the sun, but rest assured, he is a giant. The beating of his wings will scatter the air and anything light unfortunate enough to get in its way as he lands near the temple. His eyes scan the town as he raises his head up high, carrying himself like some kind of king.

"Your master is here!" He shouts with authority, his voice echoing through the town. "Bow before me, ye faithful, for I have returned."

----
    Wander

This time, Wander takes a different approach. He tries to get around the Colossus' back, and climb up it to its head, and swing around to its chin.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Rand Al'Thor

"But there is no one tainted so much by the Shadow, that he cannot be brought back into the Light. And an unknowing shadow, brought forth by misjudgment and ill-forged opinion, can be dealt with. We can but try to bolster the Light in these last days."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

Tavi

"Indeed, safe-guarding our hearts against darkness is quite important: we can also see if we can do about ending the hostilities between the local nations."

Tavi finally finds and maps of the land, and spreads it out on a nearby table.

"So we have the Empire of Gallabritax here, currently at war with the Varden, and...the Old World? What lurks in the Old World?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2010-11-15 at 09:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210

Lawrence

"Well everything seems in order then. I'll be back in a month with you money." Lawrence says loading the chest into his cart.

Zasamal

"As you wish Master Eragon." Zasamal loathe the child he had been attached to but he maintains his civility and image of the mentor Eragon believes him to be.

Once they arrive back at the base Zasamal excuses himself to his room. It was a modest affair, a mostly bare stone room lacking in all furniture but a shelf sotcked full of alchemical powders and exotic ingredients gathered from across the world over several lifetimes. He starts a fire and begins focusing his magic, it wasn't a difficult spell he had mastered it before he even took on his curse but it required a lot of focus both on the spell itself and the target. Should it work a mental connection should be established between Zasamal and his target allowing them to communicate despite being seperated by a continent. He focused on the face and presumed general location of one Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander. Zasamal had known him for at least three lifetimes, he was (for lack of a more dignified term) completely insane but his status as the Grandfather of the great Richard Rhal granted him access to certain information that hopefully he would be willing to share.

"Zeddicus, it is Zasamal I require your aid."