New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Teddy's Turbulent and Topicless Random Banter #150

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Because your laptop is hungry?
    Because I'm hungry, and it's dinner time?
    Also Math Friend had made muffins yesterday, and I was going over to pick up the Rent soundtrack her Dad had burnt off for me.
    So muffins.

They were nice muffins. Better than the cereal I'm eating for dessert.

EDIT:
    Cookie if you know what I'm listening to as I type this post.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-11-12 at 05:16 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #182

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Because I'm hungry, and it's dinner time?
    Wha-no. Dinner time is defined as the time you eat dinner, fair enough. But muffins are not dinner. Muffins are a snack. You are not eating dinner, ergo it is not dinner time.

Cookie if you know what I'm listening to as I type this post.
    Well, since you mentioned the Rent soundtrack further up the post I'm guessing that. If you only iust got it... Seasons of Love?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #183

Wha-no. Dinner time is defined as the time you eat dinner, fair enough. But muffins are not dinner. Muffins are a snack. You are not eating dinner, ergo it is not dinner time.
    Muffins makes a good dessert, I was merely having dinner in reverse order. See, I've iust finished eating my main: cereal.
    This does ring up an interesting quandary, if I say it is dinner time, or that I'm eating dinner, does that then meant that whatever I'm eating at that point in time becomes dinner even if it is typically considered breakfast, lunch or a snack.
    I would say so. Dinner is a state of mind.

Well, since you mentioned the Rent soundtrack further up the post I'm guessing that. If you only iust got it... Seasons of Love?
    Nope.
    Love of My Life.
    I've had that song in my head all day.
    Admittedly Rent stuff is next to play.

Although I have iust noticed that my rather large Queen folder under my favourites is completely lacking the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert amongst other things . . .
    This must be rectified!

When I grow older
    I will be there
    At your side
    To remind you
    How I still love you
    I still love you

Hurry back hurry back
    DOn't take it away from me
    Because you don't know what it
    Means to me

Love of my life
    Love of my life
    Ooooooooooo
    Yeah

Except now I crave Bo Rhap.
    This is a serious musical dilemma.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #185

Muffins makes a good dessert, I was merely having dinner in reverse order. See, I've iust finished eating my main: cereal.
    This does ring up an interesting quandary, if I say it is dinner time, or that I'm eating dinner, does that then meant that whatever I'm eating at that point in time becomes dinner even if it is typically considered breakfast, lunch or a snack.
    No! Cereal is not dinner either! Cereal is breakfast or snack. I define meals by their composition.

Nope.
    Love of My Life.
    I've had that song in my head all day.
    Well how was I supposed to guess that? It's not like I can read your mind. Without anything to suggest it, at best I could figure the odds were heavily in favour of it being Queen or Disney.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #186

No! Cereal is not dinner either! Cereal is breakfast or snack. I define meals by their composition.
    This is problematic then, because by this definition I have't actually eaten a proper dinner in a couple of weeks. My dinners are normally what I have for lunch.
    And I tend to define dinner by times rather than the make up of the meal.

Well how was I supposed to guess that? It's not like I can read your mind. Without anything to suggest it, at best I could figure the odds were heavily in favour of it being Queen or Disney.

Ah, 'tis true. If it helps, I listened to Seasons of Love iust a few moments ago. I've decided to alternate beween my beloved Queen and my new CDs.
    But I'll finish off this Queen stint with a clas -
    o.o
    He's wearing short shorts.
    Iust those, a neckerchief and a wristband.
    o.o

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

My relationship to RB is a funny one. Pretty often when I check it, I find the current topics not interesting enough to reply to, but that I've missed some other interesting topic two pages ago which was discussed when I was away. Then, when I return half a day later, the thread either hasn't moved at all, and I'm still not interested, or it has moved a few pages forward, and I realize that I actually find the "uninteresting" topic that was discussed earlier interesting now. It is a source of sighs...

@Thread title: When I came up with it, I first thought up 'topicless', and then, pretty instantly, realised that it looked pretty similar to 'topless'. I always read it as 'topicless', though (might be because I wrote it, however ).
    Last edited by Teddy; 2010-11-12 at 06:40 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Epic multi-library book hunt today. I'm still two books short of everything Charles Stross has written, and my local libraries have a woeful deficiency of Larry Niven, but it should still be an entertaining week...

Anyhow, Jeniffer Morgue by Charles Stross. It's like if Ian Flemming, Lovecraft, Douglas Adams, Niven, and Cory Doctrow. At the same time.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

I once took a test which measured my spatial awareness and my result came back saying I had none. As in, no spatial awareness at all. This is reasonably close to accurate (it's a mystery even to me how I manage to play drums or walk around without smacking into things too often).

Consequently, I am really bad at driving.

I had my test today. ><

I'm just surprised the thing my examiner chose to fail me on was just being in the wrong lane for one small stretch of roundabout. Like, he didn't notice me drift across about three lanes at a different roundabout, nearly scrape a bus, narrowly miss a parked car, and go up the right of some traffic when it was very debatable whether I had the room to? Huh. No mention of it on his reporty thing. I got 6 minors, which is apparently a really rather good drive. I thought I was pretty awful myself. And he randomly told me to pull over and then move off again about six or seven times. It was odd.

Strangely, I can do the manoeuvres perfectly. I just can't drive very well at all. DX
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

I agree to a certain extent. Then again, what's the difference between tea, dinner and supper, all three which are eaten at about the same time of the evening.

I grew up with the three basic meals. Breakfast in the morning before heading to school, then lunch at about midday, and then a light meal consisting of some sandwiches and tea/hot chocolate/milk chocolate drink.

Only rarely did we have what I'd define as 'dinner' which would be a cooked meal. Mostly only on Friday or Saturday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    My relationship to RB is a funny one. Pretty often when I check it, I find the current topics not interesting enough to reply to, but that I've missed some other interesting topic two pages ago which was discussed when I was away. Then, when I return half a day later, the thread either hasn't moved at all, and I'm still not interested, or it has moved a few pages forward, and I realize that I actually find the "uninteresting" topic that was discussed earlier interesting now. It is a source of sighs...
    I get the same feeling every now and then. Sometimes there's just not enough going on that I feel I can contribute to.

Quote Originally Posted by Snares View Post
    I once took a test which measured my spatial awareness and my result came back saying I had none. As in, no spatial awareness at all. This is reasonably close to accurate (it's a mystery even to me how I manage to play drums or walk around without smacking into things too often).

Consequently, I am really bad at driving.
    Spatial awareness is quite important when driving. Not having good spatial awareness could result in a very high insurance premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Snares View Post
    I'm just surprised the thing my examiner chose to fail me on was just being in the wrong lane for one small stretch of roundabout. Like, he didn't notice me drift across about three lanes at a different roundabout, nearly scrape a bus, narrowly miss a parked car, and go up the right of some traffic when it was very debatable whether I had the room to? Huh. No mention of it on his reporty thing. I got 6 minors, which is apparently a really rather good drive. I thought I was pretty awful myself. And he randomly told me to pull over and then move off again about six or seven times. It was odd.

Strangely, I can do the manoeuvres perfectly. I just can't drive very well at all. DX
    I backed into a wall on my driving test, and I still got my licence.
    Was trying to do a three point turn, and didn't make it round all the way first time, so I decided to make it into a five point turn instead (which is acceptable). When I was about to start forward again, I figured I'd make sure that I had enough space to not have to make it into a seven point turn, so I decided to back up a little bit more, 4-5 inches or so.
    Problem was that there was a wall only about 3 inches behind the car.
    It was just a very tiny bump at basically no speed at all, though, so I got my licence anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

so i am officially unhappy with dell tech support
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

So. Queens of the Stone Age. Why are they so badass?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Because they are.

Wolfmother is also pure awesomness.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    so i am officially unhappy with dell tech support
    The day that DIY laptops become feasible will be a beautiful one, indeed.
    This avatar by Phase.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Went to see "Noises Off!" last night. My cousin was in it. Let me tell you, that boy really threw himself into his role.

And I mean he literally threw himself into it, down the stairs, head spinning, and then down the rest of the stairs to finish it off. Probably the best pratfall I've ever seen anyone do, ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    i know, i spent an hour talking to a representative finding out why my lappy was bad screening, he decided it wasnt a hardware problem so i got transferred to a software guy and an hour later he decided my computer was fixed. five minutes later it bad screened again
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    i know, i spent an hour talking to a representative finding out why my lappy was bad screening, he decided it wasnt a hardware problem so i got transferred to a software guy and an hour later he decided my computer was fixed. five minutes later it bad screened again
    Yeahhh, I once had a tech support guy tell me I should send my laptop back in to have its hard drive reformatted, and Vista reinstalled, because its wireless drivers must have been broken. This was after I explained that on my Ubuntu partition, the exact same problems happened; networks were visible, but I couldn't connect to them.

So yes. Why does tech support suck?

EDIT: I don't typically like XKCD, but... Here. Relevant.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-11-13 at 10:27 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeahhh, I once had a tech support guy tell me I should send my laptop back in to have its hard drive reformatted, and Vista reinstalled, because its wireless drivers must have been broken. This was after I explained that on my Ubuntu partition, the exact same problems happened; networks were visible, but I couldn't connect to them.

So yes. Why does tech support suck?

EDIT: I don't typically like XKCD, but... Here. Relevant.
    i'm under warranty so i just want to replace it
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Because they are.

Wolfmother is also pure awesomness.
    Never loved 'em, but maybe that's because they were inescapably popular at my school a few years back... so I'm a bit sick of 'em.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

...Someone in China logged onto my email account.

...Oh boy.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

...Oh boy.
    i had someone log onto my facebook from Canada once...
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

My girlfriend changed my gender of facebook. It took a month for someone to point it out to me...

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post

...Oh boy.
    Someone in... China, I think it was, as well, logged into my iTunes account and used the remaining two dollars or so I had to get a couple C-pop songs.
    This avatar by Phase.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    My girlfriend changed my gender of facebook. It took a month for someone to point it out to me...
    A friend of mine is a lesbian according to facebook, but not in RL. It's been that way for years and I assume she hasn't noticed.
    I have no idea who did it though. Could have been any of a number of her friends, or her boyfriend.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

A friend of mine is a lesbian according to facebook, but not in RL. It's been that way for years and I assume she hasn't noticed.
    I have no idea who did it though. Could have been any of a number of her friends, or her boyfriend.
    for six weeks after he left his computer logged on, my brother worshipped edward cullen....
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Spatial awareness is quite important when driving. Not having good spatial awareness could result in a very high insurance premium.
    Yeah. Sometimes it feels as though it's a matter of when I crash into someone/thing rather than if. ><

I agree. My laptop has just come back from the repair place today. It's on its fifth motherboard...

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    So. Queens of the Stone Age. Why are they so badass?
    Do they need a reason to be?

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

27. - Top - End - #207

Well, I iust ate a home-made prawn, mushroom and pineapple pizza. Nom nom deliciousness.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel manly. I spent the night at my friend's house, and we watched the two Gurren Lagann movies.
    And now I feel manly.
    Like I should go into a forest with a bare chest and try to catch a grizzly bear.
    Or I should try to hack a computer by head butting the login screen.

... That last one may be because of the hacking sequence.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, also, went shopping today. Out to Oxford Street. Tried to get some nice clothes for my interviews at Queen Mary and (possibly) Oxcamfordbridge. I bought... a pair of leather trousers! And some hi-hats. Oh Snares.

Also, I've randomly decided to put together a jazz band with some people I know. No particular reason. Just JAZZ BAND.

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Jazz. Fun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !