New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [myth] Mythos: Kings, Rangers, Wizards, and Rebels

A fantasy free form game sent in the world of Kroso. While many kingdoms exist in Kroso, this game is set in the Kingdom of Eldero. Eldero is home to many cities, monsters, and heroes.
    Our tale begins in a city named Padros...
    Padros has 3 Main Districts.

Slums: The slums is the worst part of Padros. Building's are more then rubble, criminals are abound, and some report monsters inside it. The City Council has tried to rebuild it before, but all attempts just make the ruins look more shiny.

Housing and Market Place: The Housing and Market Place is the biggest district. It houses nearly every house, and nearly every store. Many people are abound in the street, all hours in the night and day.

King's Ville: King's Ville is the fanciest part of town. It is here all royalty and those with political standing live. It doesn't have nearly as many people as the slums, but is home to the most important. The King Yorgo, his queen Anna, City Council, all those are important are here.

The Sewers: The sewers are a big bulk of Padros. While most have never seen them, it's a dangerous and adventurous place (with a horrible smell). Giant Rats, Goblins, and even Vampires live down in the sewers. A group known as the Silver Paladins have been working to rid all scum from the sewers.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-09-24 at 12:07 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos I

Maxios Baxor
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Maxios Baxor
    Race: Human
    Physical Description: 5'8. Brown Hair, Orange Eyes. 135 Pounds.
    Equipment: Rapier. Chainmail. 25 GP.
    Background: Maxios was once a ruler. Then a conqueror named Vax came along, and took the throne. When Maxios awoke after his defeat, he had strange runes on his arm. Until he defeats Vax, he is forced to wander and he may never take over his rightful throne once more

Vax
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Vaximus Gix
    Race: Human (now a warrior Lich)
    Physical Description: 5'9. 125 Pounds.
    Equipment: Longsword. Black hood covering face. Rusting Plate Armor
    Background: Vax is a conqueror, through and through. Then one day he decided to take over a kingdom belonging to a young and just ruler named Maxios. Vax later became a Warrior Lich. He spends his days biding his time in his dark tower in an unknown location. He has a small army of monsters guarding him. And he waits. He waits for Maxios to defeat him to regain his throne.

(STREETS OF PADROS)

Maxios walked quietly down the streets of Padros. He's rather new here. The only reason he came was because his enemy Vax has been seen around here. All of sudden he here's a voice
    "Give me all your money."
    Maxios turns around, and see's three men standing before him. They appear to be bandits. Maxios draws his Rapier, and sticks out his left hand. His eyes start to glow golden. His hand has a blue aura. A bolt of lightning shoots out at the bandits, zapping them with arcs of electricity. The men still stand and start to walk around him. Maxios takes a step back and launches another arc, and another. Finally, the men start to take steps back. Clearly this man is some sort of a warrior wizard, right? Maxios grins and puts his rapier back. And then he starts to walk again, trying to find an Inn or somewhere to spend the night.

Meanwhile in a mysterious dark tower...
    A lich sits down in front of a crystal ball. "Yes, show me your secrets." The lich says.
    An image forms in the crystal ball, showing his foe, Maxios walking around the streets of the city of Padros.
    "He is near. The final battle shall soon commence." The lich, named Vax muses.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos I

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Exicalflowne Rashek the Third
    Race: Human, but he thinks he is a vampire for some reason
    Physical Description: 5'9'', 102 lbms, shoulder length black hair, gold eyesE
    Equipment: Exicalflowne carries the staff and spellbook of his grandfather, called Wrathclaw and The Book of Chaos respectively. He also wears black hoodedrobeswhich are either plain, inscribed with gold runes, or inscribed with red runes according the the wearers whims.
    Background: Despite his flashy appearance, Exicalflowne the Third is fairly new to the whole 'magic' thing. His father and his grandfather were great mages, but he is mediocre, at least at this point in time.

Padros Alleyway
    Exicalflowne lounged in the dark alleyway, his thirst finally sated. He stroked the head of the dead woman next to him almost lovingly, chuckling to himself. He reached up and wiped the blood from his face. This should hold him for a while.
    But then again, one more wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by Creed; 2010-07-19 at 06:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [myth] Mythos I

(inn)
    "Finally!" Maxios sighed. He finally found an inn to rest. The inn, called The Bugbear tavern and inn. Maxios opened the door and walked in. Patrons filled every table, or were standing up.
    Maxios walked up to the tavern keep, a bald man who wore an apron with many stains.
    "Hello my good tavern keep. I am looking for
    a room for this night." Maxios said
    "Are ye an adventurer?" the keeper asked.
    "Yes, that I am." Maxios replied.
    "Good. I have a problem you see.
    I have been hearing voices from down in me cellar. Stop the voices, you get the night free. And drinks on the house. Will you help, hero?" the tavern keep said.
    "Why I don't see any reason not. Yeah, I'll help." Maxios said.

Meanwhile...
    The lich set foot outside his tower, the first
    time in a year.
    He looked off the cliff he stood on. He saw the lights.
    He saw Padros.
    "Soon. Soon I shall find you, and finally destroy you Maxios. Soon I will be the winner!" Vax muttered to himself.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-07-19 at 08:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inn]

The dark mage sat in a blatent position in the center of the room, a bottle of wine on his table and his hood up. The gold runes skittered across his cloak as he glanced at Maxios with mild intrest. He idly wondered what the blood of such a hero tasted like.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Just to clarify before I go down into your cellar, uh, how do I enter the cellar?" Maxios asked.
    "The door that says cellar. I have a feeling ye be a daft one." the tavern keep said. Maxios sighed, and he walked towards the door, and opened it, and walked down the stairs.
    His first impression of the cellar was it was a damp, barely lit location. Kegs of the owner's drinks were abound. Maxios saw no one, heard nothing. Then he saw a section that went back farther then the others. Maxios, curiously, walked towards it. He moved on one of the nearby kegs so he go near it, and then the wall there slid back, revealing a corridor not out of place from a cave.
    "What in the world?" Maxios muttered as he walked into the corridor. The moment he set foot in it, the sliding door closed, and the keg moved back in it's place.

Meanwhile
    "Hello traveler. I warn ye, be careful in them mountains, a mighty lich lives in there." The guard told the cloaked figure entering the gate to Padros.
    "Yes I know." The traveler said and laughed. The guard looked at him quizzically.
    The traveler took off his cloak and hood, revealing a skeleton figure in rusted plate armor with a sword strapped to the side.
    The guard shivered and took a step back. The guard drew his sword.
    "You know that tiny sword can't defeat me." The Lich said, and he put the hood on, and walked into the city. And the guard ran as fast as he could to his superiors.

"Okay everyone place your bets on the hero! Will he make it alive, or not return, or will he flee? Place your bets, place your bets!" the tavern keep said.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-07-19 at 09:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: [myth] Mythos I: Wizards, Warriors, and Warrior Liches!

Instinct
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Instinct
    Race: Elf
    Physical Description: Blonde. Blue. 5'8. 145 Pounds.
    Equipment: Leather Armor. Dual Scimitars. Bow with 20 Arrows. 25 GP.
    Background: Instinct was a ranger in heart. He was raised in the forest by ranger parents, and was trained to be a ranger. He became a Master Archer, a Master tracker, and among the best of the best. But he never let it go to his head. Instinct chose two scimitars as his weapons, become those were the weapons of his ancestor, the might ranger Tor the Great. Instinct has come to Padros in the hopes of quests and fames, and a party.

(Inn)
    Instinct saw down in the corner, silently drinking elvish ale. He watched as he saw Maxios walk down to the cellar. Instinct realized something: What if a great army or evil presence was down in the cellar? Maxios was one man, a mighty man at that, but could he destroy a whole army, take on an evil so ancient that the gods themselves fought against it? He decided it couldn't hurt to help.
    Using both his elfish agaility, and ranger training, he snuck down in the shadows, and into the cellar.

(Cellar)
    Instinct walked down the same path as Maxios, following foot prints in the dust coating the ground. They stopped at a part farther back. Instinct grabbed a keg, and threw it behind him to get closer, perhaps a secret door. The moment the barrel was smashed, a secret door opened. Instinct heard the sound of battle, and he silently raced to it to investigate.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

(Dungeon beneath Cellar)
    Maxios swung his rapier in a furry. Glicks surrounded him. Glicks, you see, are descendants of Lizardmen. Glicks are the size of dwarfs, and usually are red, yellow, or orange.
    He was just walking down the corridor, when a whole bunch fell on top of him. They had injured him of course, he may have been an expert warrior, but he was not a god, not invurneable.
    He heard foot steps behind him, but he couldn't turn around, he had to finish off these Glicks!
    One Glick swung his primitive spear, and cut Maxios in the leg. Maxios yelped, and in one expert slash, defeated that Glick. 3 Left.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(Dungeon beneath Cellar)
    Instinct continued sneaking up, scimitars drawn. Instinct saw Maxios fighting off some Glicks. Maxios seemed to be winning, after all, Glicks are among the weakest of the weak. But it couldn't hurt to help, he though.
    He crouched to the ground, and behind one Glick, pierced straight through it. Two Glicks down.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

(Dungeon beneath inn)
    "What in the world?" Maxios said, as he saw one more Glick down and an elven ranger beside him. But, he was fighting off the Glick's too, he had to have been an ally!
    Maxios did a whirld wind swipe with his sword. hitting both Glicks, and instantly destroying them.
    "Who are you?" Maxios asked the elf.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Also sneaking into the celler is the cloaked man. He stood back as the two warriors fought the lizardesque creatures. Exicalflowne reached into a favorite pouch of his, one that contained the feces of a flying mammal...
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"My name is Instinct, elven ranger." Instinct said. "And I know ye be Maxios, I saw you go down and decided to help. I mean, for all we know, an entire army of those scaly jerks are down here."
    Instinct sheathed his scimitars.
    "So then, let us press forth down these horror-filled dungeons!" Instinct said. And he started to walk down the corridor.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Not without my help you don't. Exicalflowne said as he stepped out of the shadows, his cowl still hiding his face.
    I'm bored, so I'm coming with you. he says simply
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uhh, okay. Let me guess? You decided it'd be good to help so I don't get slayed by some Glicks? Or something else? Either way, come on."
    Maxios sighed. Help is help, as his dad used to say. Perhaps this ranger or the other guy would make a good companions in his quest to destroy Vax. Maxios ran behind Instinct to catch up with him. Finally, they reached a circular room with a door ahead. Two Glicks were sleeping on poorly made bed rolls near a fire, a chest right behind them.
    "Interesting." Maxios muttered to himself. He had a love of loot, but if he went to the loot he m ay wake up the Glicks who may alert others. But, if he sneaks past, who's to say he still doesn't wake up the Glicks. Either way, Maxios drew his sword. Hopefully the new guy could fight.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2010-07-19 at 11:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Welcome to the party, what ever your name is." Instinct said to the new recruit. He pulled out his bow and arrows, and pointed them at the sleeping Glicks.
    Instinct woke up the Glicks, and after they grabbed their spears, he launched his arrows, defeating them both before they even had a chance of defeating them.
    "And now I suggest we loot that chest." Instinct said.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"This guy could be good in the arena" Maxios mused. He walked over to the chest and opened it. He pulled out a blue cloak with green lines all over. He put it on him, it looked cool. He stepped back, allowing Instinct and the new recruit to loot this chest also.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Instinct View Post
    "Welcome to the party, what ever your name is." Instinct said to the new recruit. He pulled out his bow and arrows, and pointed them at the sleeping Glicks.
    Instinct woke up the Glicks, and after they grabbed their spears, he launched his arrows, defeating them both before they even had a chance of defeating them.
    "And now I suggest we loot that chest." Instinct said.
    The cloaked man swept into a low bow
    Exicalflowne the Third, Crown Prince of Gelderland and Wrath of Moarzed. Nice to meet you both. he followed disinterestedly, more concerned with the walls than the chest.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Exicalflowne the Third, Crown Prince of Gelderland and Wrath of Moarzed, do you sense a trap or something wrong in the walls?"
    Instinct walked towards the chest, and quite ironically, pulled out two scimitars, one a Fire one, another ice.
    "Huh." Instinct said, and wielded them for combat, to practice. He grabbed his old scimitars, and threw them in the chest. He walked up to the door.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no, but the stonework really is lovely. he said absently as he glanced in the chest and pulled out a molded tome.
    I'm not saying that I'd live in such a place, but it is somewhat pleasant. he follows
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Maxios opened the door, and walked past it. The place he stood on was a raised platform, with a ladder leading down the floor, 10 feet below. A door was on the bottom, straight ahead. Two other platforms were on the sides with ladders up to them. Glicks armed with crossbows stood on them, and the minutre they saw Maxios, they fired them, and both hit Maxios, one in his arm, and one on his leg.
    "Guys, I think you should see this!" Maxios said, ripping out the arrows from him.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Instinct goes running to Maxios, scimitars drawn. He sees the Glicks. One glick fires at him, and the bolt narrowly misses his head, and becomes embedded in the wall. "What the heck? Exicalflowne, do you have something that could help out in this situation?" He says.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Maxios opened the door, and walked past it. The place he stood on was a raised platform, with a ladder leading down the floor, 10 feet below. A door was on the bottom, straight ahead. Two other platforms were on the sides with ladders up to them. Glicks armed with crossbows stood on them, and the minutre they saw Maxios, they fired them, and both hit Maxios, one in his arm, and one on his leg.
    "Guys, I think you should see this!" Maxios said, ripping out the arrows from him.
    I have this one. Exicalflowne walked through the door and waved his staff in a circular motion and shouted Rotagae maifd afeh vesde!
    The glicks flew into the air and began flying around the chamber, hitting walls and any protruding objects. Finally, Exicalflowne dropped them through the air to the ground, and they landed with a spluttering crunch.
    After you, noble sirs. And do watch your step.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uhhhhh...good job Exicalflowne." Maxios said, surprised. He climbed down the ladder, and to the door. He heard a chanting sound. Maxios motioned for the others to come to him. He hears something about the mighty Durogiaj coming to the planet again, and that everything except his followers shall be destroyed. "Oh that just can't be good!" Maxios muttered.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Instinct climbed down the ladder and ran towards Maxios.
    "What is it?" He asked. And then he heard the chanting, and he nodded, understanding what Maxios meant. Instinct took a step back, prepared to kick open the door, and defeat what ever evil lurked inside.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    "Uhhhhh...good job Exicalflowne." Maxios said, surprised. He climbed down the ladder, and to the door. He heard a chanting sound. Maxios motioned for the others to come to him. He hears something about the mighty Durogiaj coming to the planet again, and that everything except his followers shall be destroyed. "Oh that just can't be good!" Maxios muttered.
    The end of everything would be bad. It would be difficult to read books since I doubt candles follow this being. I say we kill these cretins, no mercy. Exicalflowne whispers
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Agreed." Maxios said, and he smashed open the door. An elf stood, in there, reading a black book. The elf was surrounded by candles, and other objects.
    "I guess candles do follow this guy." Maxios said. And then Maxios discovered what the man inside was: An Elf Vampire. Maxios Baxor wasn't a big fan of these guys. When he ruled, long ago, there was a plague of them. Maxios, along with a group of paladins, destroyed the scourge. Maxios charged, interrupting the man's chanting. The man saw him, and drew a scepter. crackling with a dark aura.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh, a book.
    Exicalflowne raised his own staff and barked a short word. An enchanted fire (faerie fire it was called) snaked across the floor and sped around the warrior and began weaving around the room. It was a distraction, mainly.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Instinct ran into the room, scimitars drawn, and did two slashes in the shape of an X against the elf vampire summoner. The attack hit home. The elf still stood. "Why must you fight me brother? We are elfs, kin.?" The elf said, striking with scepter. The attack hit home, causing Instinct to stumble backwards.
    "I am not kin to a vampire! I am not kin to an elf who tries to summon a creature so powerful it could end everything and all!" Instinct said charging.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good job Exicalflowne, summoning that fire!" Maxios said, striking with his sword. This strike hit, and the evil elf recoiled from it. Maxios, with his other hand, grabbed the evil-doer and threw him in the path of the magical fire. The elf hit home into the fire, but threw his scepter at Maxios, hitting him straight in the stomach, like a torpedo. Maxios was sent flying backwards into the wall. He looked at the elf, who turned to his gaseous form. All his possessions fell into the fire and burned. The form of gas fled.
    "Yeah, that's how I do things!" Maxios said getting up. He dusted off all the dirt on him, and rubbed where the scepter hit him.
    "Alright then good fellows! Let us tell the tavern keep his inn is safe from the vile forces beneath! It stinks though that vamp got away! Also, who want's the freaky scepter?" Maxios said.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Good, good. Alright, so despite the fact that the disgrace to my species got away, I'd consider this a victory. Also, I wouldn't touch that vile scepter with a 10 foot pole!" Instinct said.
    Instinct rubbed some of his wounds. But still, minor injuries. In the big scheme of things, a mighty evil has been averted by the three of them.