New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Random Superpowers

ooh! Combustion inducement!" The power in which one can cause objects to burst in to flames and explode."

But feeling my power are too unstable I choose to not use my powers unless its use is in prevention of my death.

Otherwise I train to be a assassin killing without remorse thinking it just another job. Sometimes I encounter heros and villians alike choosing whichever side pays best.
    Kobold Bond By araveugnitsuga!

Other Rotation Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other Bond by araveugnitsuga
    Spoiler
    Show

Halloween Avatars By Flumphy
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Chronolock.

I use my powers for my own ends (neutral, with a spark of evil).

Oh man, it'd be pretty sick. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Not again...

3. - Top - End - #483

SwashbucklerGuy

Enhanced Reflexes

I approve. I can see the obvious application of this, being in the military. Dodging bullets is a handy skill for anyone. I think I would abuse it in martial arts competitions and barfights.
    Asymmetrically shod ass-kicker of the fan club

Nice Guys: Read this.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

"Courage is not merely one of the virtues; rather, it is the form of every virtue at its testing point."

-C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #484
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I got the most awesome set of powers for me ever! I would fanboy over myself if the idea didn't hurt my head.

Literary Manipulation-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically Konan from Naruto's power, but cooler! (except the bad fanfiction floating around) I could cover my enemies in paper and use it to immobilize them, use medical knowledge to help people in danger, fly using all the awesome tricks, use my telekinetic control over paper to form various weapons, keep children entertained with puppet shows, score highly on all my tests, impress the ladies with my awesome origami skills, and lastly and most importantly I could do PUPPET SHOWS!

Biological Manipulation-
    Spoiler
    Show
    End world hunger by making crops that can grow in extremely harsh climates, cure cancer (or alter it to the point where it's beneficial rather than harmful, alter existing plants so that they can break down toxins and pollutants in the water into harmless substances without harming animals that eat them, enhance the photosynthesis of algae to lower CO2 levels in the atmosphere, create new antibiotics and antifungals to fight infections, use my abilities to hide my superhero identity, do makeovers, epically cosplay, and great uses in terraforming.

Yea, I got kind of Wall'O'Texty with my powers. But I did come up with cool uses

5. - Top - End - #485

My first was Mr. T Mohawk, but the page was listed for deletion. Not sure what I'd do with that, or even what it does in the first place.

My second was Incantation which is awesome and I'd use it to incant all sorts of spells to make my life more fun and interesting.

I'd probably use it to help others in small ways, but mostly for the lulz I think.

My third shot was Healing.

I'd definitely use this to help others, but I'd need to pace myself so as not to suffer potential burnout from everyone and their mother beating down my door demanding that I heal them to the point that I can't even help myself.

@V: The usefulness of Perspicuity is directly proportional to the number of people with telepathic/empathic/hypnotic abilities that you encounter. If this happens regularly, then it is a very useful power.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-03-12 at 03:59 PM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

right..yeah... first try: perspicuity, which has to be the lamest superpower ever, as it is a superpower only if there are people around with real superpowers, being entirely defensive and all.

on a second try, I too landed on Mr. T's mohawk, so I gave it another try and ended up here...which I assume means I can get my pick of the power I like most...which seems unfair so I tried once again and ended up with:
    Psychokinesis which I'd use to win the lottery (by manipulating which numbers come out of the machine), to reach the top shelves (or simply move the stuff from it down to where I can reach with more ease)..
    to float around the place when I feel extremely lazy..
    and on top of that I'd probably try and help who and when I can, in small non-6o'clock-news ways..
    Last edited by dehro; 2011-03-12 at 03:16 PM.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

It obviously meant you win the Superpower Lotto.

8. - Top - End - #488

Wow... I hit the jackpot.
    Perspicuity, immunity to psychic effects.
    Multiply, pretty self explanatory.
    And... Energy Manipulation.
    Yeah.
    There are so many things I can get from this.
    I guess I'd devote my time to fighting crime.

Is this thread dead?
    Thanks for the awesome avatar goes to Djinn_In_Tonic. Thanks!

"A witty saying proves nothing."
    -Voltaire

9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Perspicuity seems to be popular this page. Just got it. I like being immune to such things, assuming they were common enough.

Okay, I want to try again... Cellular Mimicry. I can become one giant cell, or one tiny cell. Joy. I'm pretty much a variable size D&D ooze with a vulnerable nucleus.

Third time's the charm... Vibration Emission. Hm.

Screw it, I want one more. It is... Crystal Manipulation. Apparently something I can break with my previous power. Joy.

I would be one weird super hero.

Edit: I'll try finding some uses.

1.) Found a secret society and laugh as people try to glean my secrets.

2.) Be able to defend myself in a very unexpected way. Also, enter areas through microscopic holes.

3.) Shatter things... Bad things...

4.) Build cities out of crystals, assuming that would work.

Still, not extremely useful.
    Last edited by Asarlai; 2011-03-27 at 06:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Ok, I found this thread via TVTropes and had to finally sign up for the GITP forums just to play.

Ok, so...

Mindscape Transportation

So I can store people and physical objects in my brain... ok, so that gives me access to a hyperspace arsenal and the ability to safely subdue and capture anyone that I come across.

Potent as heck, certainly, let's see what roll #2 gets...

Multiply

Alright, now I am an army, with access to whatever weapons I could store in my Mindscape, and the ability to safely hide my original self while sending my others out to do battle with the forces of Evil... or Good.

and Finally...

Mechanical Intuition

Ok, so now I have an army of weapon makers who can forge and assemble devices out of whatever parts I have on hand, pull people or objects out of reality and into their thoughts and, if necessary, then cease to exist (say if I happen to try that to a dangerous or powerful telepath who might fight his way free of my mind) as well as storing whatever devices we're able to create in our minds, only to bring them forth as needed.

That's just...

That's just too easy.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Bone_Manipulation
    Bone manipulation OH Yes I just love this. I have always wanted to randomly put a spike of bone into a wall and say I could not have done it because I mean seriously that's impossible!

12. - Top - End - #492

Mediumship:
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Mediumship

Speak with dead? In other words, the ability to solve pretty much any crime ever and get the advice of history's greatest leaders, generals, philosophers and whatnot? Excellent.

Self-Spawn:
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Self-Spawn

Being able to replicate myself by 'overwriting' other people, simply by touching them sounds pretty good. Bonus points for gaining their knowledge and abilities too, as well as making life insurance easy. Can't complain here.

Life-Force Generation:
    http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/L...rce_Generation

This comes down to completely controlling a fifth element be it the Force, Ki or whatever. Uses include flight, concussion beams, energy blasts, gravity manipulation, reanimation, lifeforce absorption and whatnot. It also includes mediumship (hrm!)

Sounds pretty solid. I can work with this.

In other news, I'll be taking over the world with my self-made army, all of whom will be channeling Sun Tzu with sorcerer powers.
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2011-04-06 at 05:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wallcrawling.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Wallcrawling

Comments: I'm acrophobic. Can't see me getting much use out of this one.

Danger Intuition.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Danger_Intuition

Comments: So what, I'm Spiderman? Oh, well, it might be useful for crossing the road.

Omnipotence.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnipotence

Comments: Nice. Omnipotence.

Use for those three: Taking over the world. Nobody can stop me.

They called me mad. MAD! But I'll show them. I'll show them all! Ahahahahaha!

Well, I guess the limit to the power has already started.
    Last edited by Lither; 2011-04-09 at 04:45 AM.
    Thanks to Terry576 for the avatar !

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kinje View Post
    Ok, I found this thread via TVTropes ...
    Howzat now?

Also: good lord this thread was fun. Didn't expect to be seeing it again, but some of the character people came up with were cool.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

15. - Top - End - #495

Let's see...

Enchanted Artistry Can't see this as useful, because I can barely draw. I guess I could turn people into stick figures, I guess.

Earth Manipulation This one is good. I can control earth and plants, make volcanoes explode, and do a lot of cool stuff. Great Idea: Create a volcano. Make said volcano erupt. Fling lava at people. Win.

Cephalophore
    Well, that's cool. I don't need a head. If someone ever is going to kill me, I'll tell them to decapitate me. Then they'll freak out because I'm still alive.

And another because I can't use my first one:

Ice Manipulation Cool. I can shoot ice at people. And totally win at snowball fights. I think that this can be very useful.

With these powers, I guess my superhero name would be: ...............
    You know what? I have no idea what my superhero name would be. Any ideas?
    Awesome Pony-Chul by slayerx!
    My computer is on the blink. Posting will be affected.
    The endless wisdom that is my extended signature lies here.
    I have Pokemon!

16. - Top - End - #496

From the old site I got:

Selective Invulnerability
    For this, I choose immunity to internet flaming. Or maybe to unemployment.

Yin Yang Manipulation
    From people who have no freaking clue what Yin and Yang is. I mean, this is so pathetically wrong I can't even touch this power.

Holographic Projection
    WIN! I now am the premier special effects person in Hollywood, because I can actually do the effects LIVE, instead of in a computer. Now the actrons can actually respond to effects as if they were there, instead of pretending in front of a blue screen. Not that it would help a lot of them....

From the new site:

Glutton's Jaw
    Err...yeah. I'm on a diet.

Non-fractal Invulnerability
    I have no freaking idea what this means, even after reading the explanation. But it would appear I'm pretty much immune to most things. I suppose that could keep me from getting hurt should I decide to eat an airplane.

502 Bad Gateway
    The explanation on this power seems to be lacking. I can't even tell if this is a good ability or a bad one.
    Last edited by Eric Tolle; 2011-04-11 at 06:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Fire Breathing, how cool is that!?
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

1. Electric manipulation
    USES:
    Offensive: Shoot/redirect/call down lightning, shut down the human body's electrical field for an instant kill, summon sharks and any other ocean-dwelling predators sensitive to changes in current by simulating a thrashing seal, create instant electromagnets to disarm enemies by pinning their guns to to things, pin enemies to things... the list goes on.
    Defensive: Electromagnetic shield - bulletproof, swordproof, etc.
    Good: Walking defibrilator, walking generator, possibly power hospitals in the event of a blackout.
    Neutral: Modify the firing of neurons in my own brain for a temporary boost in intelligence, reaction time, etc., walking lie detector.
    Evil: Shut down the human body's electrical current for an instant kill, absorb power from city and hold it for ransom, assassinate anyone within reasonable distance of a wall socket.

2. Mind Control
    USES:
    Offensive: "Kill yourself", "Kill him", et. al.
    Defensive: "I'm not the target you're looking for", see offensive.
    Good: None, really.
    Neutral: None
    Evil: A permanent end to accountability and the capacity to force anyone to obey me.

3. Deoxygenation
    USES:
    Offensive: remove the oxygen from the area surrounding and including an enemy's lungs, killing him instantly. Alternately, disable limbs by creating an oxygen-free field within the limb that prevents oxygenated blood from reaching the area. Instantly generate a room full of carbon monoxide wherever I like and be able to kill whoever I want in full view of the public and make it look like they just fell asleep and haven't woken up.
    Defensive: Immunity to fire and water based attacks - snuff out the first and turn the second into hydrogen.
    Good: Generate massive quantities of hydrogen, resulting in incredible advances in fuel cell technology and usage. Prevent an embolism by removing the oxygen before it reaches the brain. World's best firefighter.
    Neutral: Generate massive quantities of hydrogen in a large enough item attached to me to generate lift, then manipulate the density of the air around me to control direction, essentially giving me a jetpack.
    Evil: Remove the oxygen from human blood for an instant aneurism, slowly eat away at the world's water supply until they cave to my demands.

Now for the fun part: Combos!

First idea:
    Step 1: Apply mind control to large group of unwilling minions and have them march on my enemies.
    Step 2: Separate the hydrogen and oxygen within their blood, causing both to bubble out.
    Step 3: Using their own electrical currents, spark the hydrogen.
    Step 4: Kaboom.

Second idea: Raise an army of flying sharks!

Third idea: Combine the previous combos, resulting in an army of flying shark suicide bombers.

Fourth idea: Combine 1 and 3: Shoot fireballs, or more impressively, generate columns of flame.

Last time I checked, this would be more than enough to classify me as a god by most definitions. Awesome!
    Last edited by FrustratedRocka; 2011-04-14 at 10:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

so yeah.. my first try at this sucked hairy things, so I'm going to try again, because I'm bored

social cloaking
    that's..amazingly close to what I do naturally, in a small non-superpowerish way.
    also, I'm neither a Jedi nor the Doctor..

astral projection
    ooh, nice!

mind control
    so apparently I AM a Jedi after all

adaptation
    shiny!

so..what to do with this..

I'd use adaptation to learn everything I'd need to do the following: blend into a stock broker's office, learn the trade, buy him out and make a ton of money, use my astral projection for a bit more insider trading (in a "peek over the shoulder of other brokers and magnates when they're conducting business"-way).. make yet more money
    use mind control to convince authorities that all I've done is perfectly legal, and to convince the place down the road that I deserve to get free icecream, every day, for ever and ever.

then I'd have most of the money reinvested to find a cure for cancer (very selfish of me, cancer has raised its ugly head on both sides of my family in the past), would live in luxury with the remaining money, have a pirate outfit made, and wear it to fight littering, un-funny jokes and mismatching clothes..
    my name would be captain moneybags, my sidekick a pitbull named Madoff, and my vehicles of choice would be a hot air balloon shaped like a piggy bank and a harley-davidson with a sidecar.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500

You are powerless! POWERLESS, I TELL YOU!

I'm In Ur DrEaMs, KiLlIn' YoUr D00dS

Instant Death

So... yeah, I am apparently your worst nightmare. Literally and figuratively. I just waltz into the dreamland of various corrupt leaders of organizations, and some of them may 'disappear.'

21. - Top - End - #501
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Let's see I got

Targeting

Multiply

Comic Awareness

That is so awesome, I mean not only can I score eternal headshots with knives, I can duplicate myself to the point of blotting out the sun with anything I throw, and I know that my world is a complete lie, so I can try to communicate with the constructor of the world to allow me to basically go as wild as I want, with no ramifications. More than that I can essentially throw one of my clones at the constructor and basically bash their head's in if they try to take this away from me. I can throw people into the sun. Hell get enough of me together and I/we can throw the EARTH. There is more potential for these powers, but I'll just keep them between me and the constructor. For now.

Hell I'm Naruto, Vander Decken, and the Joker all rolled into one

Spoiler
    Show

Call me Multi-hit

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Falcon View Post
    You are powerless! POWERLESS, I TELL YOU!

I'm In Ur DrEaMs, KiLlIn' YoUr D00dS

Instant Death

So... yeah, I am apparently your worst nightmare. Literally and figuratively. I just waltz into the dreamland of various corrupt leaders of organizations, and some of them may 'disappear.'
    so..freddy kruger turned good?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

I have Dehydration
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

Hoooooooly crap.

1. Particle Acceleration

2. Comic Awareness

3. Sound Manipulation

Probably? Break into a bank, silence the alarms with sound manip, mini-nuke the doors off the vault, and steal all the cash. Then, accelerate my particles out of there. Teleport, if you catch my drift. Anybody follows me, accelerate their particles in all different directions. I AM A GOD THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN!!!

Having my sight blocked by speech bubbles would get annoying, though...

26. - Top - End - #506

Blood Manipulation.

All I can think of is no more nosebleeds.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Freakin' sweet! On my first try I got:
    Enchanced Swordsmanship.
    I can't think of much more appropriate to my daydreams. And with that I could fight zombie hordes, stop crime, open my own restaurant... the possibilities are endless!

On my second try I got
    Dream Manipulation.
    Iiiiinteresting. While there aren't a lot of good guys with the ability to screw around in the dream realm, I think I'd be a good one for it. One of my old characters from Immortal used to cast the Somnus spell pretty often - to warn people, communicate with people far away, and to protect the dreams and minds of others. I think it'd actually be pretty fun.
    Homebrew World: Daera - high fantasy setting on a world without humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    If the world was a Hollywood movie, Overdrive would be the protagonist.

28. - Top - End - #508

1. Light Manipulation

2. Yin & Yang Manipulation

3. Enhanced Jump

Light Manipulation would be awesome! It would help save on the electric bill, for one thing. Why use light bulbs? Plus I get invisibility, which has a few practical uses. That doesn't even go into the fighting ability of the power. Don't try mugging me, because I have a superpower and will blast you or blind you, depending on my mood.

I had no idea that second one even was out there. Weird. I guess it would be better for a hero, since it would stop bad guys from doing whatever evil deeds they're doing when the hero shows up. I mean, it's not like a villain who makes everyone evil will have the evil people listen to what he/she says. Even turning the heroes evil could backfire, since they might decide to kill you instead of just capture you.

Enhanced Jump seems kind of boring compared to the others, but hey! It could be useful for moving around in the real world, right? Plus it has to come with strong enough legs to handle the stress of taking off and landing, so I probably would have some wicked kicking power by necessity.

Combine the three... I'll assume that my Yin-Yang Manipulation is of the temporary sort. I am the Dispeller of Shadows, a name that applies figuratively and literally. I bring to light the darkest corners of society, and give people the initial will to do something about it. I come often to help, but I vanish in a bright flash of light as often as I appear, with no one knowing how I can come and go so quickly. I also fight crime and get criminals to willingly stop whatever crime they are committing and submit to the police. The police always treat them fairly on my watch.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

1. Jet Propulsion
    2. Blood Manipulation
    3. Animal Manipulation

Bloody, flying puppies all over the place.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I got :

Pain Inducement

I honestly can't really think of a way to use this power that doesn't involve torturing people for information. Either working for some government, or getting information out of people for profit (sell information to rival companies for example) I would not be a good person with this power.

Trying again:

Superpower Manipulation

Now this one I could probably do some good...working against people who have powers, finding ways to stop them and nullify their powers. I would probably try and start my own organization or something to thwart those with abilities.

Man, this is really fun.