New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Random Superpowers

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post

*looks at dehro, the person above me*

Hello there....... Hero. Can I borrow your powers for a moment please?
    sure.. I'll just reroll a few

Cloud Generation
    because I need to be rained on constantly, apparently.
    Malevorous
    oh, nice.. so the more people do their worst to hurt me, the stronger I get...as long as I'm the good guy
    Biological Manipulation
    now we're cooking with DNA..
    steal all you want..I'll just change into something new
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sword Arm
    Soul Gem
    Astral Projection

Huh. So I can fight with my cool sword arm, trap my soul in a gem so that I can live on after death (and trap villains in handy objects so they can no longer do evil), and I can project my soul out of the physical container. Excellent.
    Avatar created by Wen-M of deviantart.com for a rpg called Anima. All credit for its awesomeness goes to him.

Origas of the Conflagration
    Gnaritas the Balancer
    Aenum, Keeper of Secrets, Teacher of Magic
    Athan'alik'golran'nikal'ishoth'faran'malandragos, He Who Consumes, The Consumer of All, The Devourer, Bearer of the Eternal Hunger
    Mother of Monsters, She Who Births

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Death-Force Manipulation
    Nigh Omnipresence,
    Pterosaur Physiology

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!
    I'm a dark, semi omnipresent pterodactyl deity!
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-03-14 at 03:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I got:
    Psionic Manipulation
    Hive Mind
    Razor Wind
    I don't have the words to describe how cool that is. Every mental ability, the ability to work through several bodies and the power to turn the air around me into a weapon. I cannot count the ways in which that would be useful. Supervillans beware, I am coming for you.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lets see what I get this time...

Empathic Weaponry : So I have a Keyblade/Zanpakutō type deal, magic sword owners unite!

Sword Beam Emission : This is actually pretty good, considering my first power.

Formulated Blasts : and I can sculpt my energy blasts (or my sword beams) into whatever shapes I want.

So I'm an anime hero... Cool.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Bugbear in the Playground

I haven't tried this in a while. Let's see...

Weak Force Embodiment

So the ability to, among other things, manipulate all forms of nuclear radiation as well as gaining a some temperature control on particularly hot objects. So... the ability to safely enter hazardous radioactive zones and retrieve objects from the blast radius shortly after the nuclear blast. Seems awfully specific.

Key to the Door

The ability to... open things? Again this could be useful in the retrieval situation in case something's behind a locked door.

Chain Projection

An awfully evil power, but at least there's something combat based here. Cue the radioactive spiked chains of doom!
    Currently RPG group playing: Endworld (D&D 5e. A Homebrewed post-apocalyptic supplement.)

My campaign settings: Azura; 10,000 CE | The Frozen Seas | Bloodstones (Paleolithic Horror) | AEGIS - The School for Superhero Children | Iaphela (5e, Elder Scrolls)

7. - Top - End - #817
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Trust Manipulation: The user can manipulate the trust and loyalties of others and either make them trust you or trust only themselves. They can even cause distrust amongst their comrades or others and that can cause them to kill one another or even cause victims to die from the confusion.

That sounds dangerous. I approve.

Speed Force: The Speed Force is an energy field that gives power to speedsters, enabling great feats in addition to enhanced speed. Users of this ability are typically called Speed Force Conduits.

Now I'm the Flash! With the ability to make you trust me completely and utterly.

Computer Perception: The user possesses the analytical prowess of a supercomputer, allowing them to compute and process information at great speeds.

My mind works faster than I can move.

I'm very powerful.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Cosmic Constructs
    So I can turn cosmic energy into anything? Now, where can I find cosmic energy?

Space-Time Embodiment

I don't even know what that means......

Dehydration

So I can dry out anything? This means I have the power to drain oceans, kill all life on earth.

I might make an excellent super-villain.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Cosmic Constructs
    So I can turn cosmic energy into anything? Now, where can I find cosmic energy?

Space-Time Embodiment

I don't even know what that means......

Conveniently (given your first power), it means you're made of cosmic energy.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Halfling in the Playground

I got...

Mechanical Intuition: The user can observe random scattered "junk" and subconsciously or effortlessly create a schematic then create an effective creation or device using said "junk". Could be used to make complex devices or weapons out of mere scrap and "garbage".

Kindness Empowerment: The user gains power from being nice or kind to someone and vice-versa and each time it happens and when others show compassion to others be it friends, family, loved ones, or even strangers giving them constant power. Some users can gain power even from a kind thought or feeling and may be able to gain Love Empowerment at a high level.

Anatomical Liberation: A removed hand or leg can climb or jump on its own. sometimes the body part can hover on its own may gaining the power of telekinesis, and the user can mentally direct the direction they want it to go. Such as making their shin fly towards someones stomach, make their head "jump" to avoid a hit to the face, or floating their hand through a door to grab something on the other side of the door. Makes them immune to cutting and being slashed, for they can just pull their bodies back together again, and they can even remove their own organs without dying and will not bleed to death nor will the body die with out their brain or heart, a variation of Immortality leaving their bodies hollow.

So essentially I am an invulnerable Iron Man with a surprisingly powerful magical power from My Little Pony.

I like being able to make complex machines out of junk, that can be very profitable. In the long run I could create advanced nano-machine technology to do just about anything.

The kindness power might depend on the range. If it was all of the kindness on the planet that would be overpowered. If it was within a one-mile radius, being in a city would give exceeding power. If it was just within ten feet or something, then it would be pretty useless (even though I'm a pretty nice guy).

I don't think Anatomical Liberation grants immortality despite the description. It might make me unable to be killed, but not live longer than my normal life span. Also my body parts could be destroyed by other means, like disintegration.

Overall this is a very effective bunch of powers. I still wouldn't stand a chance against someone with say... Omnipotence.

11. - Top - End - #821

RedWizardGuy

Presence Insertion
    The power to insert the presence of oneself or others into anything or anyone. Variation of Presence Manipulation.
    Mirror Imprisonment
    The power to trap others in mirrors. Technique of Reflection Manipulation.

Death-Force Manipulation

The power to manipulate the essence of Death, which is present in all mortals throughout the universe. The opposing power of Life-Force Manipulation, and the lesser power of Nether Manipulation.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.
    (Avatar darkwizard.png by Teutonic Knight.)

Spoiler: What Pokemon are you?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #822
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, let's see here:

Flammable Blood: This is the ability to have flammable blood and use it for various purposes. The users blood is able to ignite fire from their blood as it is flammable. The user of this power can use their very own blood as a weapon by heating it to the point where it is as hot as fire. The lethal flame can be used to burn, scorch, or torture foes.

Interesting start.

Marid Physiology: The power to use the abilities of a Marid. User with this ability either is or can transform into a Marid, a type of jinn associated with open waters of the seas and oceans where it finds sanctuary. Marids are often considered as the most powerful type of jinn, having especially great water-based powers. Like every jinn, they have free will yet can be compelled to perform chores. According to folklore, they also have the ability to grant wishes to mortals, but that usually requires battle, imprisonment, rituals, or just a great deal of flattery.

Wait, so a water spirit with fire blood?

Healing Water: The ability to use water to heal. The user is able to heal and regenerate while in or next to water to recover from severe or minor wounds on themselves or on others.

Okay, now I know this is screwing with me.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Soo...rolled up three, got:

Computer Physiology: So, I can become a high-intelligence supercomputer and become a machine-god. So much stuff I can do with this, on top of becoming the goddess of the internet.

Evolution Manipulation: I can control the evolutionary patterns of organic life. Soooo much fun I can have, especially with my enhanced intelligence from having plural computer-brains.

Nephalem Physiology: So I'm an angel, a demon, AND a computer. Sweet. Now to see what I can do with these together.

So, first off, I could probably start a religion putting these together; this being the easiest means of acquiring human resources to put myself to full utility. Then using my conveniently non-taxed revenue I'd begin assembling and launching satellites in which to put my overbrains, to give myself more computing power and some convenient pseudo-phylacteries in case someone manages to harm my enhanced-by-evolution-and-cybernetics daemonic body enough to cause me to upload into one.

From there, I'd probably start curing diseases and inventing new species, and computing the ideal next step for humans, and then implement said changes with the help of my cult religion. I might try to figure out space travel, or start solving global problems, and probably get degrees in law, biology, computer sciences, and theology in my spare time.

Past that, I could go on forevs, but in short, this draw probably puts me really, really high up in the superpower lottery.
    Last edited by PlusSixPelican; 2013-03-21 at 07:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Why would someone want to kill catgirls?
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusSixPelican View Post
    Because they're mean butts jealous of how purrrrfect we are.
    Save the Catgirls: Save the World.

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    Making sure you do all your puppy-kicking in a country with a puppy-kicking loophole in their legal system doesn't make you any less of a puppy-kicker.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PlusSixPelican View Post
    Past that, I could go on forevs, but in short, this draw probably puts me really, really high up in the superpower lottery.
    I, on the other hand, can't seem to stop anywhere short of outright godhood. Tried again, here's the results:

Peak Human Durability
    I'm tough. Not superhumanly so, but tough enough that a bullet won't do the job as often as not and I can take a real beating. A good start for a fairly reasonable superhero!

Gender Transformation
    Erm... As common as this is in fiction, it's kind of awkward to actually get it as a power. I think I'll just refrain from further comments on this. Still, looking reasonable. Maybe...

Universal Recreation
    I can rebuild the entire universe according to my whim from scratch.

Damn. It was looking like such a reasonable, promising run, too. This is almost as bad as that time that test-run where I wound up with Super-soldier Physiology and Aura reading for the first two, got really excited about a Soviet psychic supersoldier concept, then rolled Inverse Omnipotence and saw all of my dreams of being anything but a world-shattering deity come crashing to my feet.

It's not that I win the superpower lottery. It's that by these rules, I can't ever seem to not get the jackpot.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ettin in the Playground

I've gotten a nice middle ground every time I've rolled.

Lemme try again.

ChlorokineticCloning: Ok, so I get plant clones and plant manipulation. That's fairly neat, I can live somewhere with forests.

Seismokinetic Combat: Shockwave powers. So I've got a nice "earth" theme going, what with the earthquakes and the plants.

/Metal Exoskeleton: I'm a Ferrothorn! Fear me!

So yeah, between earthquake powers, supernatural toughness, and cloning abilities, I'm going to be extremely durable, with lots of potential for destruction, but not anywhere near godlike, since I have an acute weakness to napalm.

Let's try again, just because:

Universal Lordship
    True-Self Recognition
    Dimensional Travel

Dammit.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

giving it another go..

Acquatic respiration
    that's fun.. I get to play pranks on friends.. and maybe help out someone who is in trouble.
    Spiritual Energy Propulsion
    ooh, I can fly...
    Electrokinetic Combat
    I'm a slightly less lame version of Acquaman.. my name is "the Eel"
    that is, unless the 3 powers combined mean I'm actually electrocuting myself when I'm in water..
    in which case I'll stick to dry land and devote myself to a life of crime and thuggery, just for the fun of it.
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

18. - Top - End - #828

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Death-Force Manipulation
    Nigh Omnipresence,
    Pterosaur Physiology

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!
    I'm a dark, semi omnipresent pterodactyl deity!
    Mind if I add you to my D&D campaign pantheon?
    Avatar made by Strawberries! Grazie paesà!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You win the worst GM thread BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    From a different thread, even!.

19. - Top - End - #829

Alternate Self-Summoning.

The power to always be wrong...

And Destiny Manipulation?

wh....what?

I can spawn myself from an alternate dimension, have an argument with myself where neither one of us is right, and in the end most likely get pissed at each other (myself? ourselves?) and put a death curse on ourselves (myself? each other?)

waitaminute. That "always be wrong thing" is actually pretty powerful. And if I create an alternate dimension form of myself, he might have the ability to always be right...

...did I just create the "Gargoyle who lies / tells the truth" trope in superpower form? I even have destiny control, which could be manifested in a gate or tower that me and my alternate self who is always right would be protecting...
    Last edited by Octopusapult; 2013-03-23 at 04:59 PM.
    Like RPGs? Like free stuff? Check out RPG-a-Month by Archfossil! Every month a new game and additional content and updates for the games already active.

RPG-a-Month for May : ACE - Assault, Control, Espionage

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmageddon View Post
    Mind if I add you to my D&D campaign pantheon?
    Sure, go ahead!:)

21. - Top - End - #831

ElfWarriorGuy

Let's see what happens this time... retry GO!!!

Location Swapping
    So I can change rearrange the location of any two things... useful for party tricks, but considering someone bigger then me, and they have to be where I want to go, and I take them out of their situation, so it's not quite a useful as first appeared. (But I would be your best friend at mazes)

Earth Bow Construction
    This is useful, being able to create ammunition and weapons wherever there is earth is good, my only problem would being able to shoot properly... again fun at parties since when I'm done I can just deconstruct the weapons and let them turn back to rocks/dirt.

Temporal Lordship

[no comment]

I'm Dialga with a bow and arrow and a teleport ability limited to parties... I guess I am immortal, omniscient, can make my arrows hit you before I fire, and teleporting by freezing time. So not only does this power blow all my other powers out of the water, it actually makes one of them redundant.

I'm gonna see what happens when I reroll that last one.

AND SO I'm BECOME glad I'm not:

Infared Vision
    I don't care how OP the Temporal Lordship thing is, this is just plain useless in my case...
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2013-03-23 at 05:10 PM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

22. - Top - End - #832
    Dwarf in the Playground

Today I rolled...

Spell Casting: Nothing wrong with being a wizard...

Power Suit: ... With magic armor.

Power Transferal: I see... possibilities.

I should open a shop where people can trade powers.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

What kind of power is this?!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ettin in the Playground

... an awesome one

Probably could be used to split atoms, too.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    ... an awesome one

Probably could be used to split atoms, too.
    You can use a bunch of pictures to split atoms?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

... I was going to respond to you seriously, but then I saw the

But yes, provided you had a thin enough picture, you could probably split an atom, assuming it stays rigid.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

trying another hand at this...

1. Winter Manipulation
    2. Cosmic Empowerment
    3. Memory Restoration

…….so I'm basically the lonely winter lord version of superman, who can cure amnesia?

awesome.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2013-03-24 at 01:32 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D_Man_7733 View Post
    Let's see what happens this time... retry GO!!!

Location Swapping
    So I can change rearrange the location of any two things... useful for party tricks, but considering someone bigger then me, and they have to be where I want to go, and I take them out of their situation, so it's not quite a useful as first appeared. (But I would be your best friend at mazes)
    I was reading this and felt the need to explain why this is useful.

Depending on the speed at which you can use it, this power is probably one of the top combat and utility powers out there. Every fight becomes rocket tag with you holding most of the rockets, as you either instantly imprison them or instantly destroy or disable them.

Got fire powers? hard to aim when you have bits of rock for eyes. Increased agility? No limbs, they're made of trees now. Flight? You are partially embedded in the ground now, and some leg-shaped rocks appeared to the side of you. Phenomenal cosmic power? Try using it with a hunk of concrete for a brain.

If you need something of similar volume to replace it, that's easy to do, and if it's similar mass, you can use it to swap objects with air drawn from somewhere else and easily make bombs. Or if the range is high enough, grab some plasma from the sun and stick it near someone to end a fight quickly.

29. - Top - End - #839

RedWizardGuy

President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.
    (Avatar darkwizard.png by Teutonic Knight.)

Spoiler: What Pokemon are you?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #840

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Depending on the speed at which you can use it, this power is probably one of the top combat and utility powers out there. Every fight becomes rocket tag with you holding most of the rockets, as you either instantly imprison them or instantly destroy or disable them.

Got fire powers? hard to aim when you have bits of rock for eyes. Increased agility? No limbs, they're made of trees now. Flight? You are partially embedded in the ground now, and some leg-shaped rocks appeared to the side of you. Phenomenal cosmic power? Try using it with a hunk of concrete for a brain.

If you need something of similar volume to replace it, that's easy to do, and if it's similar mass, you can use it to swap objects with air drawn from somewhere else and easily make bombs. Or if the range is high enough, grab some plasma from the sun and stick it near someone to end a fight quickly.
    The middle paragraph implies two things, 1. that I can do it to half of an object and 2. That I am willing to turn a hunk of concrete into brain or two rocks on the side of the road into eyeballs, or tree trunks into legs, or other variations of brutal things that would leave limbs and organs around the place.

I don't believe in the whole "exchange it with air" deal, it seems like cheating the limitations, if that was true then how is it a subpower of teleportation, when effectively it functions the same, and I can do it on anything and anyone.

Combat wise I would probably use it to defend or run away, maybe to do some crazy stuff like jump off a building and then swap locations with them causing them to fall to their death. (which in heinsight would be fun, go skydiving then swap places with someone who doesn't have a parachute)

EDIT: It occurs to me after re-reading the laft paragraph that in doing so would leave scattered remains of people all over the place... so I retract the first paragraph.
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2013-03-24 at 04:24 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB