New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Final Fantasy d6 Homebrew

Went ahead and edited the whelk since there was some concern over the loot. However, I still contend that giving the group one reset button is going to have pretty much the same level of power regardless of when and where it's used.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

I agree wholeheartedly. I also think that if you're the sort to grant your group a 'reset button item,' better to do it early in the game (like, say, off the first boss Whelk) and let them sit on it. Makes for a fun metagame dynamic as the party starts taking crazy risks.
    Last edited by Dust; 2010-12-15 at 04:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

I disagree. Early super items should only be obtained by taking the time to master an obscenely obtuse minigame. Getting them from an enemy seems to easy.

But who am I to argue with the master! Add it back in if you prefer; I just archive the homebrew, I don't affect it.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tournesol
    Tier 8 Blade, STR +4, Break Damage Limit, Indestructible, Piercing, Precision, Special Ability
    The Tournesol, also called Sunflower, due to its appearance and name, is an extremely deadly weapon, able to strike almost any enemy down with no effort. Its most notable features are its sun-shaped cross-guard and its blade, which curves like waves on the ocean. Despite its thinness, the Tournesol is sturdy and strong.
    Anyone wielding Tournesol who is physically damaged gains the Auto-Life ability. This only activates once per battle. As well, when this ability is activated, the character heals an amount of HP equal to their level.

Wyrmhero Blade
    Tier 8 Blade, STR +2, Break Damage Limit, Indestructible, Piercing, Precision, Holy Strike, Special Ability
    The Wyrmhero Blade is a greatsword of immense power. In its pommel is set a ruby, matching one in the W-shaped crossguard. Its blade shines with silver on the edge, while deep red outlines gold with an inscription of foreign words no one has deciphered since its creation.
    Wielding the Wyrmhero Blade is a unique honor available to anyone worthy of acquiring it. Any character can wield the Wyrmhero Blade with no penalty, regardless of their ability to use weapons of the Blade type. As well, any damage the wielder deals, whether physical or magical, is increased by one damage step.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2012-11-26 at 02:59 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Added the new weapons to the inventory.

If Icarus doesn't finish the Keymaster soon I'm going to take over. In the meantime I'm going to start on probably the Trainer Job from FFX-2 (don't judge me, fluff can be rewritten )
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Despair not! I've been playing Birth by Sleep (christmas present) so I haz more ideas for the Keymaster.
    You gotta' let me know, are we human,
    Or are we dancers?
    My signs are vital, my hands are cold,
    And I'm on my knees, begging for the answer,
    Are we human, or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well my homebrewed setting is coming along. We got a bit of fluff and one extinct player race. The Mithra made Machina(still looking for better name. They are like warforged) that look like the Machina Defenders from FF10. They used them for war, ended badly, machina attain sentience. They make smaller bodies and eventuly become the only thing left of the mithra. The smaller bodies come in 2 standard versions with a few(as of yet undecided) others. The oldest of the Machina still guard the ancient city fulfilling the last task they were given. They lead the rest of the machina and have adopted the Mithra city of (insert name here) as a capital.

Model L(Large) +2 strength -2 Dex. 7 feet tall hulking brutes. Used for the more adventures machina.

Model M(Medium) +2 dex -2 strength. 5 feet tall. Normally used by crafters or those who prefer non brute force methods of fighting.

I may except some feed back from here but this a community project on another forum.

8. - Top - End - #98

Aaand the Keymaster is finished! Added 5 abilities and the Epic Ability. Probably crap-broken though, so could still use feedback.
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Make final form last 4 rounds or a stat rating (probably spr) rounds. Seems a bit ott giving them EVERYTHING, especially since the game version doesn't give you that. I'd give them a free use of Drive Form while the duration of Final Form is active, let them attack at medium range and fly, and let ten use any abilities they jaw without using a use of them up.

The new abilities look ok, though the one that let's you throw it in a straight
    line might be a bit pants since I don't recall the system using direction when aiming stuff.

And as always I find it extremely unfair that it gets better HP & MP than the Red Mage, and can also use more varied weapons than them, get access to time magic for free, all on top of their self upgrading weapon. It's like you hate the Red Mage. Meh
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2011-04-29 at 09:20 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Make final form last 4 rounds or a stat rating (probably spr) rounds. Seems a bit ott giving them EVERYTHING, especially since the game version doesn't give you that. I'd give them a free use of Drive Form while the duration of Final Form is active, let them attack at medium range and fly, and let ten use any abilities they jaw without using a use of them up.
    Fair enough, it's actually been a while since I played KH 2, so I couldn't quite remember what Final Form actually did. I'll probably change it to that.

The new abilities look ok, though the one that let's you throw it in a straight
    line might be a bit pants since I don't recall the system using direction when aiming stuff.
    Yeah, that's the one I was most worried about. It's always hard to acheive that sort of effect in a system that doesn't have described shapes (like line, cone, sphere etc. in D&D) so I wasn't too sure about it.

And as always I find it extremely unfair that it gets better HP & MP than the Rad Mage, and can also use more varied weapons than them, get access to time magic for free, all on top of their self upgrading weapon. It's like you hate the Red Mage. Meh
    Damn, I kept forgetting too change that. I'm probably just going too give them lower MP, as I can't imagine them being more frail than the Red Mage, and I don't really think the time magic thing is an issue as they still have to spend an ability slot to get any magic at all.
    Plus, they get less spells than the Red Mage, doubly so if they don't take Key Magic at first level (which they'd be pretty crazy not to, but still).
    And believe me, I don't hate the Red Mage, they're one of my favourites. Blue mage however, just annoys me (not a fault of the system, I just don't like the concept. Never liked them in the FF games either).
    Last edited by IcarusWings; 2011-01-03 at 10:52 AM.
    Or are we dancers?

- Human, The Killers

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, I'm back, people! I'm not making any homebrew for the system at the moment, but I'd be happy to review other people's work like I usually do.
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ok in the home brew world we got a villain setting himself up to attain god hood.......no comment on how but we got it worked out.

Just telling you guys

Plan to post all the info when its done. Possibly in a nice PDF.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

And lo, the blessings of the Dust were obtained, and there was Megaelixer, and it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Early super items should only be obtained by taking the time to master an obscenely obtuse minigame.
    However sir I like the way you think. Maybe I could get a little 1-shot alchohol bottle, fill it with something glittery, and put it at the end of a obnoxious board game missing half the pieces...

In any case though, the point is moot since my players lost interest. THEY want to run around and be elves and fight dragons and whatnot. Ingrates.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was wondering if it would be too bothersome to give androids some of the abilities of any class by way of grafts as long as it would make sense... Things like Libra Eye, or similar. I'll edit this post to reflect more accurate representations of what I want once my computer stops being retarded.

[EDIT]I think I'll post it on a new post[/EDIT]
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2011-01-23 at 04:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

A few notes on pricing for the purposes of my graft Houserules... There are several job abilities, race features, etc that grant kewl stuff that would make sense as a bionic adjustment to androids or grafted peeps, I tried to have a looksee at duplicated things... Flight in particular was of great help in determining pricing.

For an ability that is one of the better manifestations like the Aerial Mutation, cost would be 4 points (having the autorepair graft essentially gives you a job ability)

Having only part of a better job ability or whatnot like Time Mage Flight (which you can still use at whim but doesn't have Aerial Killer) it's 3 points

Having a limited job ability which you can only use for a duration based on an attribute score (Like Moogle limited flight) is 2 points. Other Grafts use pricing similar to a preexisting graft they're on par with...

Without further ado I bring you the following grafts:

Golden Eye
    (4 points)

You have a shiny yellow orb in your eye socket surrounded by a large metal housing that facilitates the electronic equipment required for analysis of brain waves.
    Effect: Golden Gaze Job ability

Libra Eye
    (3 points)

You have a black eye socket with a green crosshair surrounded by a large metal housing that analyzes visual imput.
    Effect: Scan Job ability

Libra Eye Mk 2
    (4 points)

You have a black eye socket with a green crosshair surrounded by a large metal housing that Analyzes visual imput.
    Effect: Advice Job ability

Jet Pack
    (2 points)

Your back opens up, rockets come out and you can fly, but it is limited by your own energy...

Effect: Limited Flight

Jet Pack Mk 2
    (3 points)

Your back opens up, rockets come out and you can fly, There is no limitation on this improved flight
    Effect: Flight

Subdermal Armor
    (4 points)

Your skeleton is reinforced with metal which upon entry to your body was molten... musta hurt.
    Effect: Skin of Iron Job ability

At first I considered several options not on this list... First Strike or Preemptive Footwork, or Take Aim, but I can't think of a good medium...

Edit: Fixed.
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2011-01-28 at 02:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by steelsmiter View Post
    Subdermal Armor
    (4 points)

You have a black eye socket with a green crosshair surrounded by a large metal housing that Analyzes visual imput.
    Effect: Skin of Iron Job ability

At first I considered several options not on this list... First Strike or Preemptive Footwork, or Take Aim, but I can't think of a good medium...
    Copy paste mess up? Or is the eye a gateway to the skeleton?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Copy paste mess up? Or is the eye a gateway to the skeleton?
    yeah it should be you have admantite in your skeletal system or similar, thanks... though to be honest I like your idea on the gateway much better...

fixed it
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2011-01-27 at 04:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Also forgot Claws

Claws
    (3 points)

Your fists have claws which you can flavor to be retractable if you like.
    Effect: Claws which function much like the Beast Mutation but you don't get beast killer

WOLVERINE GO! as soon as I can figure out a regenerative graft

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Also forgot Claws

Claws
    (3 points)

Your fists have claws which you can flavor to be retractable if you like.
    Effect: Claws which function much like the Beast Mutation but you don't get beast killer

WOLVERINE GO! as soon as I can figure out a regenerative graft
    auto-repair
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    auto-repair
    Hm. Should an android with that get SOME kind of regeneration? Maybe that kind of auto repair would cost more?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    Hm. Should an android with that get SOME kind of regeneration? Maybe that kind of auto repair would cost more?
    well yeah I was going for an Auto-Repair mk 2 but wasn't liking the idea of perminent auto regen, and couldn't figure out how I wanted to do Cure castings with regard to only the android...

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

well yeah I was going for an Auto-Repair mk 2 but wasn't liking the idea of perminent auto regen, and couldn't figure out how I wanted to do Cure castings with regard to only the android...
    A toned done version of regen then? Maybe a 4th the amount it would heal or something?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's possible, actually I was thinking on changing auto regen and auto poison in general, since characters in late game rarely benefitted so massively as a tenth of their health or damaging a tenth of their target's health, I was thinking on making it a flat number of dice regardless of what level or Vit or HP the target had.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Possible fix for Martial Arts

As is, MA leaves a bit to be desired in terms of suspension of disbelief at least for me... Furthermore when I think of someone who's able to get a boatload more damage out of his fists, that person is pretty consistently able to do so without any reliance on a high tier weapon.

This proposed fix somewhat alleviates the problems:

Martial Arts is reliant on the number of Improved Arsenal levels the character posesses. Unlike regular IA, for the most part, the monk uses his fists and doesn't need to make additional skill or attribute checks beyond the standard ACC roll. The monk is still able to use IA for its normal use but in picking up things like live sharks, the additional roll is still required.

Additionally, the monk only suffers a loss in damage potential if his levels of IA are lower than the tier of his weapon once that weapon breaks.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Something to make fighters an attractive option:

Weapon Specialization– Passive, Self
    A fighter may choose a weapon category he knows. Weapons of that category deal an additional damage step at all times. this doesn't necessarily replace trauma but doesn't stack with it.
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2011-02-08 at 01:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

For people who want to pull a Cecil as of Dissidia: Final Fantasy, but don't want to start as a Freelancer:

Dark Knight/Paladin Ability
    Proteus - Special
    The paths of the Dark Sword and the Holy Light seem mutually exclusive at first, but true masters of either art understand that darkness and light are as complementary as they are opposed. Such heroes are able to bridle light and darkness, calling upon the powers of both or either as they choose. A Paladin or Dark Knight who selects this ability may in future select abilities from the opposing Job, and may switch their Epic Ability for the other 1/session; the switch will reverse itself at the end of the session.

27. - Top - End - #117

Zodiac Spear
    Tier 8 Reach, STR +2, Break Damage Limit, Indestructible, Piercing, Special Ability, Triple Critical
    The Zodiac Spear is fairly nondescript. The thin silver shaft goes up to a flaring head that tapers in quickly, making bladed edges. Notably, both sides of the spear appear to be usable in combat, though the head is somewhat sharper and stronger.
    Wielders of the Zodiac Spear have been regarded as some of the most powerful individuals ever, as well as some of the most versatile. At the start of every combat, the wielder of the Zodiac Spear rolls d6 twice. The weapon changes to gain the strength of a certain element and of a critical strike ability, which activates on a critical hit, based on the results, as shown on the tables below.

Roll Element Strike
    1 Firestrike
    2 Windstrike
    3 Earthstrike
    4 Lightningstrike
    5 Waterstrike
    6 Icestrike

Roll Critical Strike
    1 50% chance to inflict KO
    2 Halves foe's HP after damage
    3 Deals two additional damage steps of holy damage (not multiplied by critical hit)
    4 Forces elemental weakness on opponent matching Zodiac Spear's element
    5 Reduces all of target's ability ratings to 50% (rounded up) and deals an additional damage step of nonelemental damage
    6 Restores wielder's HP and MP by 100% of damage and grants a +1 bonus on rolls to resist spell effects
    Last edited by Temotei; 2014-07-20 at 11:40 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

28. - Top - End - #118

Because I really hate to put non-homebrew-related text in the same posts as my homebrew: steelsmiter requested the zodiac spear. Since it's appeared few times and with even fewer defining features, I had to do some research into the zodiac symbols of the Final Fantasy universe. What I found was the following:

Aries - Fire
    Taurus - Wind
    Gemini - Death
    Cancer - Gravity
    Leo - Earth
    Virgo - Holy
    Libra - Aether
    Scorpio - Poison
    Sagittarius - Soul
    Capricorn - Lightning
    Aquarius - Water
    Pisces - Ice

I saw that fire, wind, earth, holy, lightning, water, and ice were all elements in the system, while death, gravity, aether, poison, and soul could be attributed to different "special" effects. Since FFd6 is based on the d6, I decided to move holy to the second category and simply make it deal more holy damage.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Isn't there a 13th one? Not just in the New Zodiac, but in one of the FF games as well?
    Check out the Final Fantasy d6 System by Dust.
    Tophat imp avatar by Darwin. (Imps are DEVILS not demons)

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Mecharious View Post
    Isn't there a 13th one? Not just in the New Zodiac, but in one of the FF games as well?
    Opiuchus or Serpentarius, yes. That doesn't fit into the 2d6 roll well enough, though, does it?

It was neutral, anyway, so making a power for that would have been a nightmare, if not extremely boring.
    Homebrew