New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Tabletop IX: "Mech is king? I never voted for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Yeeeees, but those require me to be looking at my Codex, which I don't always have with me.
    You mean you would have access to Army Builder more often than you would have access to a Codex?
    The only way I imagine that happening is if you're trying to build an army at work...

Sorry, maybe I should rephrase: Is there any free program that has all of the information on units and such like Army Builder does?
    Oh, you mean where can you get pretty much all the information out of all the Codecies without having to pay for the Codecies themselves?

Well...That's different.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-12-23 at 10:11 PM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Zimfan View Post
    My AoBR set and set of ten Boyz just came in (the latter to be followed shortly by another).

AoBR guys are put together (with some extremely minor customization. I liked one of the Nob heads for the warboss and switched them). I'm going to start painting them this weekend (with some much needed help, turns out my wife is interested in the painting part of the hobby so we'll be working on them together).
    Sounds good! And good job on the Nob/Warboss head-swap. Its the little kustomizations like that which will serve to make your army unique and give it lots of character. And before long, you'll be trying to come up with all sorts of special tweaks and quirks for your boyz...

Right now I'm putting the non AoBR Boyz together and wanted to make sure I wasn't making any big mistakes before I start gluing. Could someone with experience with Orks tell me if I'm correct in thinking that there aren't any larger legs or heads for the single Nob in the squad? Also, as far as extra weapon choices is the Rokkit Launcha a bad choice? I was thinking of using it to add some anti tank ability to a mob.
    Okay, on the sprue with the Nob body and the More Dakka orks, there should be a set of legs with a tabbard that has some fangs and stuff on it. It looks like a bunch of other Ork legs, but it appears to be slightly larger, though I'm not sure if there's actually any difference. Plus, it has those fangs and stuff, which the other legs don't have. So it looks kinda special and different...

Oh, and don't use the Rokkit Launcha. I mean, you can, but I wouldn't. You've only got a BS of 2 with it, so it only hits on a 5+ with just one attack. Plus its 10 points, vs the Big Shoota for 5 points, and it gets 3 attacks at STR 5. <3! On the plus side, the Rokkit doesn't scatter, and should it hit, it has a STR of 8. Just gotta hope that after all that work, you make your Penetration check...

If you don't use those Rokkits, though, you have a few options. You can save them in case you decide Big Shootas suck and you want to try something new, or you can use them for conversion. I used a few Rokkit Launchas as bases for my Deffguns when I made some Kustom Lootas. Or, perhaps you could chop off the Rokkit itself, then slap it on a Shoota, then give that to one of your Nobs. Ta-da! Now you have a Nob with a Combi-Rokkit. Which then returns you to the issue of deciding of Rokkits are good or not... XD
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2010-12-23 at 10:40 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

If you don't use those Rokkits, though, you have a few options. You can save them in case you decide Big Shootas suck and you want to try something new, or you can use them for conversion. I used a few Rokkit Launchas as bases for my Deffguns when I made some Kustom Lootas. Or, perhaps you could chop off the Rokkit itself, then slap it on a Shoota, then give that to one of your Nobs. Ta-da! Now you have a Nob with a Combi-Rokkit. Which then returns you to the issue of deciding of Rokkits are good or not... XD
    Well, the Boy box comes with 11 (including Nob).

If you don't plan on the conversions then you can always just make both ...
    *Splendid Goatatar by that cool kid Serpentine
    "Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world"

4. - Top - End - #754
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey guys. I'm battling my brother in the near future, and I'd love some C&C on my list.

It's 1000 points, I'm Space Marines, he's Tau (shooty heavy, jetpacks, the usual stuff). He's expecting me to go Fast Attack Assault heavy, so I want to give him a surprise.

This is what I had in mind (do note it's a friendly game, so it's not meant to be cheesy):

Spoiler
    Show

HQ:

Master of the Forge
    100 points

Troops:

10 Scouts
    Camo Cloaks
    Snipers & Missile Launcher
    180 Points

10 Scouts
    Camo Cloaks
    180 Points

5 Snipers
    85 Points

5 Scouts (to go in LSS)
    CCW & Bolt Pistols
    75 Points

5 Scouts (to go in LSS)
    CCW & Bolt Pistols
    75 Points

Fast Attack:

Land Speeder Storm
    Heavy Flamer
    60 points

Land Speeder Storm
    50 points

8 Scout Bikes
    2 Astartes Launchers
    Meltabombs
    190 points

Total: 1000 Points
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-12-24 at 12:33 AM.
    English is a second language etc etc.

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    Hey guys. I'm battling my brother in the near future, and I'd love some C&C on my list.

It's 1000 points, I'm Space Marines, he's Tau (shooty heavy, jetpacks, the usual stuff). He's expecting me to go Fast Attack Assault heavy, so I want to give him a surprise.

This is what I had in mind (do note it's a friendly game, so it's not meant to be cheesy):

Spoiler
    Show

HQ:

Master of the Forge
    100 points

Troops:

10 Scouts
    Camo Cloaks
    180 Points

10 Scouts
    Camo Cloaks
    180 Points

5 Snipers
    85 Points

5 Scouts (to go in LSS)
    CCW & Bolt Pistols
    75 Points

5 Scouts (to go in LSS)
    CCW & Bolt Pistols
    75 Points

Fast Attack:

Land Speeder Storm
    Heavy Flamer
    60 points

Land Speeder Storm
    50 points

8 Scout Bikes
    2 Astartes Launchers
    Meltabombs
    190 points

Total: 1000 Points
    Scout bikes are meh. Drop them and the Camo Cloaks and you can get two Devastator squads with points to spare.

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
    Scout bikes are meh. Drop them and the Camo Cloaks and you can get two Devastator squads with points to spare.
    Camo Cloaks allow for 2+ and 3+ cover saves for the two squads. In my opinion, it's pretty nifty.

The Scout Bikes are just there to tie something very shooty up in close combat - the extra toughness and speed helps with the assaulting part.

Devastators do not really fit the theme I'm going for here.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    You mean you would have access to Army Builder more often than you would have access to a Codex?
    The only way I imagine that happening is if you're trying to build an army at work...

Oh, you mean where can you get pretty much all the information out of all the Codecies without having to pay for the Codecies themselves?

Well...That's different.
    To address the latter: Oh. I suppose you're right, it DOES sound horrible when you put it like that.

To address the former: I actually don't know what happened to my Chaos codex is at the moment, hence my problem. But it's something I should find anyway, so I suppose I'll have to scour my stuff for it.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Halfling in the Playground

The grenade launchers are pretty useful in chewing through infantry though.
    Someone will remember you, sometime.
    Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
    Well I'm sorry kid, but tonight you sleep outside.

9. - Top - End - #759

Camo Cloaks allow for 2+ and 3+ cover saves for the two squads. In my opinion, it's pretty nifty.
    Yes. A 2+ or 3+ cover save. You're only paying 160pts to get it. You're still Scouts. The only reason this is even remotely plausible is because it's unlikely that Tau will assault you.

The Scout Bikes are just there to tie something very shooty up in close combat - the extra toughness and speed helps with the assaulting part.
    They're also not very good at it. Even with T5, they're still scouts. Though, if you want to tailor for Tau, they're, again, plausible.

Devastators do not really fit the theme I'm going for here.
    I'm aware of that, and there's not much I can do about it. Unfortunately, Scouts can't be competitive all by themselves. (And if you liked where your list was, well, there wasn't really much I could do from the start, was there?)

Quote Originally Posted by sircarp View Post
    The grenade launchers are pretty useful in chewing through infantry though.
    And Frag Missiles are better.

10. - Top - End - #760

Yes. A 2+ or 3+ cover save. You're only paying 160pts to get it. You're still Scouts. The only reason this is even remotely plausible is because it's unlikely that Tau will assault you.

They're also not very good at it. Even with T5, they're still scouts. Though, if you want to tailor for Tau, they're, again, plausible.

I'm aware of that, and there's not much I can do about it. Unfortunately, Scouts can't be competitive all by themselves. (And if you liked where your list was, well, there wasn't really much I could do from the start, was there?)

Well, seeing as I am fighting Tau, I kind of want to tailor for Tau, yea.

Anyway, seeing as he is expecting me to go assault-heavy, I figured it'd be a good (and fun!) idea to do what he least expects: Have half my army stay back and shoot little holes in him. Luckily, Scouts with great cover saves don't care about Strength or AP - they care about things that ignore cover saves, which he won't be bringing, seeing as he is expecting something to come to him.

The MotF was the only HQ option worth considering for this job - everything else needs to be at least within 24" and LoS to be effective (maybe besides the Chapter Master, but I'm trying to keep within reason). The MotF provides +1 cover, at least.

11. - Top - End - #761

Well, seeing as I am fighting Tau, I kind of want to tailor for Tau, yea.
    The person who gets tailored against rarely has fun.

Anyway, seeing as he is expecting me to go assault-heavy, I figured it'd be a good (and fun!) idea to do what he least expects: Have half my army stay back and shoot little holes in him. Luckily, Scouts with great cover saves don't care about Strength or AP - they care about things that ignore cover saves, which he won't be bringing, seeing as he is expecting something to come to him.
    Yeah, isn't that just reassuring, to know that you've essentially won before the first turn even begins.

12. - Top - End - #762

Yeah, isn't that just reassuring, to know that you've essentially won before the first turn even begins.
    I have no idea what he is actually bringing, I'm only guessing. He's my brother whom I live with, we've known eachother for quite some time: I'm sure he's assuming I have a trick up my sleeve.

Besides, he's on a 3-0 win streak against me so far, he could use being taken down a notch.

13. - Top - End - #763

I'm not sure that plan is sound. You want to run a shooting list against an army that is going to have better shooting than you. You'll still care about strength, as weight of fire is the easiest way to get around an army with good saves, an with S5 basic guns, he will be able to put out a decent amount of wounds that will need to be saved.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Well sure, 1 for 1 in a vacuum, but there's a great utility behind Scout Bikes. Rapid Firing Str 6 Ap 4 Grenades never gets old - and your Scout Bikes are always on the offensive. Either they start the game with an infiltration + turbo boost, or are outflanked. From there it's a matter of choosing an enemy squad and putting serious dents in it. Also, you get two more shots out of three grenade launchers than you would with the Devastators. Volume of fire is your friend against weaker targets the Devastators shouldn't have been targeting in the first place.

Dark Eldar feel no pain got ya down? Imperial Guard causing troubles? They've got Devastators of their own, you say?

Well Scout Bikes are definitely a potential answer. There will pretty much *always* be a good target for them, being able to follow up their nasty opening salvo with an assault. After that, your enemies lines are their oyster. They run solid (at least) disruption until your enemy is forced to commit an often excessive amount of firepower to wipe out a unit of mere scout bikes. If he doesn't? Last minute objective contesting. Bikes do it well.

Scout Bikes are actually quite good ... and they even act the way that fast attack are meant to. They either jet into your enemies face or show up suddenly on a flank. They can shred light armour and light infantry, or even put a dent in heavy infantry, just so long as you use 'em right.
    *Splendid Goatatar by that cool kid Serpentine
    "Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world"

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hey, here's a fun idea - how do I play a weaker list? Specifically, I need to tailor a list - but tailor it in reverse. The guy I'm playing is pretty new to the game, and doesn't have that much in the way of models (he's got about 750 worth of Orks, most of which coming from AoBR). How do I make sure that I give him a fighting chance without purposely throwing the match?

Spoiler
    Show
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

16. - Top - End - #766

Oh hey, here's a fun idea - how do I play a weaker list? Specifically, I need to tailor a list - but tailor it in reverse. The guy I'm playing is pretty new to the game, and doesn't have that much in the way of models (he's got about 750 worth of Orks, most of which coming from AoBR). How do I make sure that I give him a fighting chance without purposely throwing the match?
    Give him something to go to CC with. You didn't specify an army, so I'll assume Marines as an example:

Assault Marines. Give the Sergeant a Power Fist. Let it be a race to assault the other first.

Tactical Squads trying to utilize Flamers.

Have one unit darting away from his Orks; a Land Speeder, for example.

It's very low-power, but it might pay off IF you get the charge AND drop flamer templates AND he doesn't catch your Land Speeder.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lets see, as an Ork player, I'm afraid of...

-Template and Ordinance weapons (Pie plates and flamer templates ruin my Orks' fun...)
    -Autocannons (Lots of attacks means lots of dead Orkies... And Rending gives it a chance to punch through Hard Boys.)
    -Heavy Bolters (Shots that tear through Orks, with or without Heavy Armor...)
    -Power Swords (They drop Orks dead and have a high initiative, while a Power Fist goes last, which gives me a chance to kill them first!)

Ummm... Nothing else springs to mind off the top of my head.

So, I'd suggest taking Power Fists instead of Power Swords, since while they do deliver pretty crushing hits and instant kills, they go last in initiative order, giving the Orks a fighting chance. Also, tone down the Template weapons. Take a flamethrower and rocket launcher or two, but don't load down on them. Same with the autocannons and heavy bolters. Maybe switch them out with some plasmaguns - they're still pretty effective, but have a shorter range and less attacks.

Oh, and buy random wargear to waste points.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Give him something to go to CC with. You didn't specify an army, so I'll assume Marines as an example:

Assault Marines. Give the Sergeant a Power Fist. Let it be a race to assault the other first.

Tactical Squads trying to utilize Flamers.

Have one unit darting away from his Orks; a Land Speeder, for example.

It's very low-power, but it might pay off IF you get the charge AND drop flamer templates AND he doesn't catch your Land Speeder.
    Doof. I forgot. I'm playing Chaos versus his Orks.

Lets see, as an Ork player, I'm afraid of...

-Template and Ordinance weapons (Pie plates and flamer templates ruin my Orks' fun...)
    -Autocannons (Lots of attacks means lots of dead Orkies... And Rending gives it a chance to punch through Hard Boys.)
    -Heavy Bolters (Shots that tear through Orks, with or without Heavy Armor...)
    -Power Swords (They drop Orks dead and have a high initiative, while a Power Fist goes last, which gives me a chance to kill them first!)

Ummm... Nothing else springs to mind off the top of my head.

So, I'd suggest taking Power Fists instead of Power Swords, since while they do deliver pretty crushing hits and instant kills, they go last in initiative order, giving the Orks a fighting chance. Also, tone down the Template weapons. Take a flamethrower and rocket launcher or two, but don't load down on them. Same with the autocannons and heavy bolters. Maybe switch them out with some plasmaguns - they're still pretty effective, but have a shorter range and less attacks.

Oh, and buy random wargear to waste points.
    Okay, so after all of this, what I'm seeing is that I don't want to play my usual Iron Warriors playstyle of "Sit back and nuke it from orbit" but rather "lets go punch it in the face until it dies!" Although, I probably shouldn't be taking Berzerkers, then. Maybe just match his choices, then? For example, if he takes an HQ, three troop squads and a fast attack, maybe I'll do the same to the best of my points ability? Which would mean I'd probably be looking at a Chaos General (with whatever wargear I feel like, probably a powerfist), probably full squads of Chaos Marines (maybe one with a flamer, one with a melta, or something), and Raptors (not armed to the gills with deathcannons).

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769

Doof. I forgot. I'm playing Chaos versus his Orks.

Okay, so after all of this, what I'm seeing is that I don't want to play my usual Iron Warriors playstyle of "Sit back and nuke it from orbit" but rather "lets go punch it in the face until it dies!" Although, I probably shouldn't be taking Berzerkers, then. Maybe just match his choices, then? For example, if he takes an HQ, three troop squads and a fast attack, maybe I'll do the same to the best of my points ability? Which would mean I'd probably be looking at a Chaos General (with whatever wargear I feel like, probably a powerfist), probably full squads of Chaos Marines (maybe one with a flamer, one with a melta, or something), and Raptors (not armed to the gills with deathcannons).
    If he has a halfway decent list, he'll probably munch you if you just mirror his list. I would suggest getting one hard-to-deal-with unit (though not a vehicle - he might forget to bring anti-tank weapons).

Edit: I did just have an Ork versus Marines game. The assults were probably the best part - even with his ~15 Ork Boyz led by a Nob with a Boss Pole and Power Klaw Waaagh! charging my a 100 pt Librarian, a sergeant and four Marines, I still managed to munch 13 Boyz and make his Nob and one boy tail it - with 3 models to spare.

Basicly - Dice will decide your game.
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-12-24 at 02:46 AM.

20. - Top - End - #770

Really it isn't so much the list you use as how you play it. Explain why you're making moves, ask them to think about how to counter that, telegraph stuff and avoid sneaky tactics. As they develop you can telegraph less, explain less and start throwing a few more curveballs into the mix.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Um, Telion does that as well for a few more points, and he makes his squad much better.

Err... He left all the usual Tau killers off the list, took any forces with save Tau can actually penetrate, and did a few other things to further weaken himself...

And you're angry he tailored his list to win? How?

Take Thousand Sons, Posessed, and Dreadnoughts. That's enough

Chaos General (with whatever wargear I feel like, probably a powerfist)
    Against Orks? Good idea

Raptors (not armed to the gills with deathcannons).
    Wait, daethcannons?

Autocannons (Lots of attacks means lots of dead Orkies... And Rending gives it a chance to punch through Hard Boys.)
    Wait, rending?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...I think you might mean Assault Cannons...But those things're AP4 anyway and punch through 'Ard Boyz even if they don't Rend.

Also, as Orks, you should probably be afraid of Assault-geared Space Marines that are just as good as Orks - if not better - in Assault, but are also more survivable. Seeing Orks get Assaulted by Assault Marines or LCATs, is pretty fun. Let alone watching Berzerkers rip them all new ones.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Wait, daethcannons?
    No, not daethcannons. Deathcannons, like melta/plasma/flamer guns.
    Last edited by Deth Muncher; 2010-12-24 at 12:13 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

Hey I have an army list for you guys to review. This time its Salamanders:

Spoiler
    Show

HQ
    Vulcan -190pts

Elites:
    10x Sternguard veterens -265pts
    - combi-flamer, combi-melta, meltagun
    +drop pod

Dreadnought -125pts
    - assault cannon, missle launcher

Dreadnought -125pts
    - 2 twinlinked autocannon sets

TROOPS
    10x tactical marines -175pts
    - meltagun
    +drop pod

10x tactical marines -175pts
    - meltagun
    +drop pod

10x tactical marines(sitback objective squad)- 170pts
    -missle launcher

Heavy support:
    Predator -85pts
    - heavy bolter sponsons

Predator -85pts
    - heavy bolter sponsons

Total-1500pts
    GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Troll in the Playground

I'd recalculate these point costs, they're wrong.

And, you're doing Sternguard/Tacticals wrong, IMHO.

Come to think of it, this list doesn't gain anything from Vulcan. Where are your Hammernators? Heavy Flamers? DS Melta?

26. - Top - End - #776
    Firbolg in the Playground

Not a very good list.

The sternguard can be way better equiped than that. They can take heavy flamers for example and everyone can have a combi-melta (Vulkan means that they don't all need them though). They can do the job of both those tactical marines by themselves.

The dreadnoughts should have drop pods and multi-meltas (plus the DCCW), because this is a vulcan list. Or be Ironclads (still in drop pods), because they're just better. Missile Launcher and assault cannon doesn't make as much sense to me as autocannon and assault cannon or lascannon and missile launcher.

Tactical marines really don't need drop pods, unless you need an extra pod for odd numbers. Rhinos are fine. There's also no point not giving them the free multimeltas and flamers. With combat squads, you can have 3 sit back on objective squads and 3 run forwards with melta guns in razorbacks squads.

Hammernators aren't that good a combination with vulcan. He's no better for them than a chaplain is, and nobody seems to bother with them.

I had a cut short game today. I won by using Fear of the Darkness to send the combined infantry squad he had left on his objective off the board while keeping my own objective safe by magna-grappling a dominion's rhino into melta gun range, blowing it up with the melta gun and then assaulting the squad with the dread. I also obliterated a platoon command who were also near his objective with my brand new twin autocannons dread.

My halfbuilt librarian dread got blown up by veterans with melta bombs before he got to do anything interesting.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2010-12-24 at 03:14 PM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    Hammernators aren't that good a combination with vulcan. He's no better for them than a chaplain is, and nobody seems to bother with them.

magna-grappling a dominion's rhino into melta gun range, blowing it up with the melta gun and then assaulting the squad with the dread
    All with one dread? I see at least 3 ways in which that would be illegal. I'd have to check BRB, though.
    Last edited by Trixie; 2010-12-24 at 03:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Firbolg in the Playground

Both give rerolls. The Chaplain only works for one turn, but mastercrafted only lets you reroll 1 die per hammernator. Anything that can survive a round of combat with hammernators is unlikely to survive well enough to need rerolls against them on later turns.

You need two units of hammernators before Vulkan becomes a more cost effective way to buff them than a chaplain.

All with one dread? I see at least 3 ways in which that would be illegal. I'd have to check BRB, though.
    Its only illegal if you rule that the meltagun has to fire simultaneously with the magnagrapple and can't wait until the enemy has been moved.

Walkers can fire all their guns no matter how far they move. Not that they can ever move more than 6 without running or assaulting.

Assaulting a unit that just got out of a transport you destroyed with a ranged weapon is legal. This has been checked at least twice before on this thread. I also tend to have to show the book to my opponent whenever I do it. Believe me, I've checked this rule a lot.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2010-12-24 at 06:29 PM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

29. - Top - End - #779

Closet_Skeleton is correct.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I ask something? Why is the codex filled with tons of Ultramarine stuff? and barely a token amount of anything else? this really struck me when, in the section detailing different models, two rows, with one marine from different chapters, not repeating. then a whole row, of ultramarines. with different color striping on the edge of their shoulderpads indicating a different company. I could see maybe one or two. but a whole row? A handful of ultramarine heros with one each for a couple of other chapters.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.