New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

"I could give them a real nasty surprise and turn the concrete to tar if you'd like, avoid a big confrontation and trap them so we can interrogate, or would you prefer a more direct approach, i find they're more fun."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire
    A.K.A. The Mistress of Shadows

Cassandra smiled upon hearing Jessica's words. "Well...since you're not complaining about direct approaches.... I'll take you up on that offer." With that, she turned and began heading after the thugs and woman. Her first target would be one of the thugs, as it was usually a good idea to get them out of the way then deal with the main person she'd found in her years of fighting. Here goes everything and nothing, hm?

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to try to use Suffocation with this Attack... so he'll need to do a Fort Save otherwise the effects as listed on my sheet will occur....

Attack Roll:
    (1d20+6)[16]

Damage Roll:
    (1d20+5)[15]
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

He catches sight of the tall man... the sniffing was certainly out of place. However, he wasn't talking to those guys. Chances are they didn't know each other, but it was another unknown factor. Was it some mutant or was it just a crazy drunk?

Evaluating the situation, he surmised that the man with the tail would be a real opponent. The other ones could be taken out rather quickly.

At any rate, Fred begins to follow and keep an eye on the man with the lizard tail. He seemed to be calling the shots, at least here. Taking him out would be advantageous.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

toughness roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[22]
    Dang I forgot the Fort save *rolls a die* 7 fail

The man hears the tap tap of the fast coming footsteps and moves to block and just in time to though he had not prepared himself for the next thing that happened. The young fighter gripped down on his windpipe making him clutch at her hand trying to pry it away.

The second thug looked absolutely freaked at the violent assault from the young vigilante. The woman in the cab seemed unphased as she picked up a cellphone holding it to her ear.

Inside the museum~
    Spoiler
    Show

Fred
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you are watching them casualy the man with the tail picks up a cell that had just gone off in his pocket. then without even trying to hide his amazement he shouts "What?! Out back!"

Bob
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you are watching them casualy the man with the tail picks up a cell that had just gone off in his pocket. then without even trying to hide his amazement he shouts "What?! Out back!" by the way you seem to have sptted a lovely set of restrooms just a short walk away that seem to be fairly vacant.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-11-28 at 01:37 AM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

5. - Top - End - #95

"Oh no ya don't" Jess says, containing the cellphone (and the woman's hand) in lead, cutting off any signal it may have had. She then pulls out her pistol and fires at the other thug's leg, hoping to incapacitate him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am so loving the create object power

Attack: (1d20+10)[30]

Damage: (1d20+3)[6]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

Jacobs finishes reading rather quickly, and walks over to a cabinet, pulling a key chain off his neck and unlocking it. Inside lay an assortment of firearms, outdated and mostly lost to time. But to him each had it's meaning. He pulls out an assault rifle, remembering where he used it, when he used it. 552 Commando, 182KIA, You always did me good. He walks over to his bed and starts cleaning the rifle, slowly, mechanically.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

He hears the man shout. Something's happening. Fred watches to see what he does. Hopefully he makes his way "out back." Fred follows him regardless, waiting until they are in a space unoccupied by civilians. If he can get them in a relatively secluded spot, the gloves come off and the sword comes out.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Hmm, those bathrooms could work... It was just getting out of them without being noticed that would be difficult. Instead, he found a corner back away from the exhibits where people could see, but seldom actually stepped. The cellphone and yelling pointed to something happening, and if things were going to happen, he'd rather not have them happening while he was in the bathroom. So, Behir would have to risk it a bit. As Bob placed himself in the corner with his back against the wall, he glanced around quickly to see if anyone was watching. Since no one seemed to be paying any particular attention to him, he simply faded into the wall.
    No, he didn't actually merge with the wall, but for many intents and purposes that may well have been the case. His exterior coloration shifted almost instantaneously to match the shade of the surface behind him, and his innate control over the shadows about him served to fill in the lighting. Taking a deep, quiet breath, the demon hound stopped to see if anyone had noticed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide in Plain Sight to pull this off, hopefully. Stealth: (1d20+20)[33]
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Bob & Fred:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The men make almost no moves to remain hidden, quickly pushing people out of the way as they make their way towards the back, even pushing open an emergency exit and setting off an alarm which needless to say causes the people inside to start panicking and rush towards the front, thinking there may be a fire or something of the like.

Cassandra & Jessica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save:
    (1d20+4)[24]

The back door opening must have made you lose some concentration as the man pulls away from your grip, coughing as he recovers his breath as you see four more men jump from the back door. One in particular seems to be the Ring Leader. A bright red mohawk makes him stand out and make you certain enough of this. The woman in the cab seems to have fainted, slumping forward, causing the horn to continuously go off.

Sergeant Jacobs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As your clinging your piece, the alarm goes off. Apparently, something is going down at the new museum.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-11-30 at 02:22 AM.
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

And the alarm goes off anyway... oh the irony. At any rate, these guys are headed out the back, the crowd is rushing to the front. As far as Fred knows, no one's watching him (he's wrong, of course... Bob is a sneaky guy).

Forty-five minutes... starting.. now!

In a blur of motion, he pulls his sheathed sword from it's covering. His body lights up in that same blue glow of power as before. However, this time, he jumps straight into the second-stage of his battle form. The glow explodes outward, his hair and eyes turning white.

"Hey King Koopa! You face me now!"

His eyes flash white just before he steps, flickering out of sight before reappearing behind the three thugs. With a powerful iaijutsu strike, he unleashes his blade, slicing at the lizard-tailed leader of the back in an effort to fell him quickly.

After he strikes, he flash-steps again, reappearing several hundred feet outside the back door, away from the thugs. His speed is absolutely insane, and he uses it to his advantage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[29]
    Damage DC: 23 + How much I exceed his defense. Max 28.

EDIT: And I crit. +5 to the damage DC.

Turnabout to complete my movement. Max 500 feet. Hopefully out of range of a counter-attack.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-11-30 at 03:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Upon hearing the alarm John runs to his car and retrieves his power armor to put it on
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

12. - Top - End - #102

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra felt her heart skip a beat as more came through the back door. Damn...now what? She was about to turn and ask Jessica if she had any ideas but before she could even do that, the speedy figure she managed to see out of the corner of her eyes hinted that, intentionally or otherwise, they seemed to have allies and that would be enough to convince her to remain here. "If you wanna head back and try to get a lead....go on. I'll be fine." Her attention went back to the same man she'd hit as she went to try to hit him again, using just her punches for now.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:
    (1d20+6)[7]

Damage Roll:
    (1d20+5)[8]
    Last edited by VirgoBushin; 2010-11-30 at 11:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #103

"Things aren't looking good right now, i've got an idea." Jess presses her hands to the ground as the ground before her turns black and begins to bubble, extending to right under the van and some of the thugs. She then moves to the van, keeping her pistol at the ready, and pulls the woman out of the van. "Careful of the tar!" she calls to the sword wielder and Cassandra, a grin spread across her face, though no one could tell because of her helmet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using transform power to turn the ground to tar, about as deep as waist height. only trapping two or three since the power is somewhat limited and i want to let other people have a good fight.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

Jacobs hurries to shelf the rifle and then throws on his suit, running into his Humvee and driving to the museum, as he arrives he notices the people going out the front, Damn, I hope there is a back entrance He floors the pedal and drives around the museum.
    Adopted Larger, but younger, little bro of Lady Moreta
    Awesome Avatar of Awesome Done by C-Lam
    Watch me play SKYRIM, give me quests, laugh at my deaths, and give me MOAR MODS! :P

15. - Top - End - #105

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir couldn't help but laugh at the thugs. They were slow, and had to push through the crowd. Behir, on the other hand, skittered up the wall to the ceiling, transforming into his natural form as he went. Getting ahead of them, he positioned himself above the exit, and as they pushed through he made his move. With the broad toes of his two last feet planted firmly on the wall, his body began stretching as it shot down, went through the door, and came out with six clawed feet and a toothy crocodilian head reaching for tail-man and his accomplices. He is somewhat surprised to see a glowing swordsman beating them up from the other side, (and the ninja girl, and a person in a black suit) but apparently superheroes often happened to be in the same place when crime was going on. At least, that's what happened in the comic books.

Either way, tail-man was his now, along with any others that wanted to come with.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, reaching down through the door(25 ft of stretch should do) pouncing on tail-man, and using Rapid Attack to also attack anyone within 5 ft of him. Anyone hit is subject to a grapple check, and I can grapple mutliple people without penalty from having that many arms. Yay!
    So, Stealth to get surprise: (1d20+20)[30]
    Attack for tail-man: (1d20+9)[17], and a couple more for the others: (1d20+9)[16](1d20+9)[16](1d20+9)[15](1d20+9)[24]
    Toughness save DC 23, or 25 if Sneak attack is applicable.
    Grapple checks for anyone hit:(1d20+18)[31](1d20+18)[27](1d20+18)[36]
    Oh, and Initiative: (1d20+13)[26]
    I think I'm done rolling. Side note: if they want to escape the grapple next round, my grapple mod goes up to 22 from Imp. Pin.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

After putting on his suite John flys over the loading bay and blast the mutant mohawk man
    Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[17]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[12]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Toughness saves
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leader
    (1d20+12)[18]
    (1d20+12)[14]
    (1d20+12)[32]

Thug 1
    (1d20+4)[6]
    (1d20+4)[17]

Thug 2
    (1d20+4)[24]

Thug 3
    (1d20+4)[5]

Thug 4
    (1d20+4)[22]

Thug 5
    (1d20+4)[8]

The leader buckles under the first slash from Fred cuts across his back. of the leader causing him to swing around. just in time to be grabbed by Bob as he splits his arms from his body striking each thug in succession. Only one escapes from the demons grasp and the man who had been recovering from the earlier hit found himself on only grabbed again by the young woman, but now in a veritible tug of war with him as the rope. A blast of laser careens from the sky hitting the leader in the back as his eyes glow red and he growls. "Grr rah, lousy punks! I'll teach you to mess with me!" Before your eyes the mans body begins to grow and expand until he stands almost 30 ft tall, his features changing into a more reptilian form as spines jut from his back giving him a dragon-like look.

Crimson
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have just arrived and... Oh my god what is that!
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-01 at 07:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Oh schnitzel."

It was probably a little odd for the others to see the monster that was currently pinning down many of the thugs stop and utter such an inane pseudo-curse. Nevertheless, it did happen, with a ridiculous sounding accent to top it off.
    Apparently Tail-man had a few hidden talents of his own. The thugs were inconsequential now. He had an honest to goodness super-villain on his hands. Literally in this case.

It was awesome. Finally he had a chance to really show some of his worth to the American public, right? He could work with other superheroes, and take down supervillains. If he could make this work, it could really make things easier for him here. If he could make it work. But for that, he needed to take out the big guy. And for that, he had to let go of the thugs to work on the big one.

So, that was the start. The second part was to try and keep the big one from destroying things much. So, could he see in the dark? Maybe not. Apparently, many earthbound creatures had a hard time seeing in shadows. So, he could try something else to hold down the big one. Like a giant green rubber band, Behir whipped out of the door and wrapped himself around the giant dragons neck. As he settled into place, a field of shadow spread around him, enveloping both Behir, and the creature's head.

And it occurred to the errant demon that he had seen something like this in a Japanese movie once.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, as long as I'm still grappling the Tail-man/Godzilla, Behir can use a move action to bring the rest of his body along for the ride. Standard action to activate Darkness Control 2(10 ft radius), centered on Behir, and hopefully Godzilla's head.
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2010-12-01 at 09:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

The Masamune had dealt a mighty blow to the lizard-man... and now the other heroes (two of wich he recognized) had joined the battle against him. The shadow-creature that entangled the villains was particularly interesting.

The dinosaur-man was more interesting, though.

"Nice transformation. You've made yourself a bigger target!"

He flash-steps again, appearing mid-air in front of the dinosaur's shadow-covered face. He lets out a battlecry as he slashes his weapon, bringing the gleaming blade of the Masamune across the lizard's face.

After his attack, he flickers out again, appearing on the roof of the museum, looking down upon the field of battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    All-Out Attack 3 on this one.
    Attack (1d20+15)[33]
    Damage DC 23 + However much I exceed his defense (maximum 28). Attack is also Penetrating.

EDIT: Another crit. +5 to the damage dc. 28 + how much I exceeded his defense, maximum 33.

And I have Blind-fight to negate penalties.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-12-01 at 10:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

John fly's backwards surprised by the sudden growth and after hearing what the glowing guy with the sword said says "As i believe another saying goes the bigger they are the harder they fall!" and fires another blast at the giant mutant
    Attack
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[22]

Damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[22]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra couldn't help but whistle as the leader showed that he had quite the number of tricks up his sleeve. Luckily, she was being aided by some of the same people from yesterday and they were ensuring he would be more than occupied, making her smile. Maybe we should all talk after this? It seems to be more than a mere coincidence as to how we're constantly running into one another... She turned to the next closest villain that was beside the one she was still grappling and threw a punch at him, trying to grapple him as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:
    (1d20+6)[24]

Damage Roll:
    (1d20+5)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Toughness rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[14]
    (1d20+12)[13]

The beast roars at it is hit by a blast of energy form the battle suit that has joined the fight. Fred's blade cuts deeply into the beasts leg and causing it a tremendous amount of pain. meanwhile one of the thugs falls unconscious as he is chocked out by Cassandra the other one grappling with the hand now clench about his throat.

The last thugs (which I assume are now not held by behir unless he dragged them along) reach for ther gun and fire upwards trying to help their leader.

enemies turns
    Spoiler
    Show

Godzilla's attack trying to grab at Bob.
    to hit (1d20+7)[25]
    damage (modified for size and density ability) (1d20+11)[14]
    miss chance (1d100)[67] (hit)

thugs shots up at Bob (or at least where they think he is)
    thug 1 to hit (1d20+3)[19]
    thug 1 damage (1d20+2)[21]
    thug 1 miss chance (1d100)[47] (miss)

thug 2 to hit (1d20+3)[8]
    thug 2 damage (1d20+2)[16]
    thug 2 miss chance (1d100)[37] (miss)

thug 3 to hit (1d20+3)[6]
    thug 3 damage (1d20+2)[22]
    thug 3 miss chance (1d100)[79] (hit)

thug four fort save for sufocation (1d20+3)[4] (and he's out)
    all misses deal damage to the leader instead since he's being strangled/held by Bob.

Two of the bullets flying through the air go wild and hit the large lizard instead of their intended target.

Meanwhile~

Jessica had been able to traverse the field unnoticed largely due to not being actively looking like a threat. As she pulls the woman from the cab she notices that she weighs quite a bit for her look. perhaps about twice what she should. Her blank stare and unresponsive traits seem to imply she is a doll/artificial person.
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-02 at 08:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

"Oh great, an android," Jess says, sarcasm dripping from her mouth, "Empty at the moment, let's animate it," she comments to herself, sending her nanites into the circuitry and causing the body to respond to her commands. After a brief moment to antiquate herself with the system she sends it to fire the beam rifle the android has at the apparent boss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[14]
    Damage: (1d20+10)[15]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra smirked as the two thugs she'd been grappling with both went unconscious, causing her to drop them both not-so-gently to the ground. Two down, three to go excluding the boss... Making sure to take note of the tar Jessica had made appear, she threw a punch for the next closest thug.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll:
    (1d20+6)[17]

Damage Roll:
    (1d20+5)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

(*poke* It's the PCs turns now, toughness saves and all.)

26. - Top - End - #116

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toughness saves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness vs Godzilla(DC 26): (1d20+8)[19]
    Vs Thug 1(DC 18): (1d20+8)[21]

[OOC: Okay, so that leaves Behir Stunned, and Bruised from Godzilla, though he saves against the thug. Post roll count doesn't match because I forgot that Thug 3 doesn't actually hit me.
    EDIT: Which means I suffer Knockback(11-4= 7) 100 ft. Awesome.]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2010-12-05 at 05:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir was took a vicious swipe from the large reptilian, its large claws slamming into his malleable face and knocking him off his perch and into the air. Sailing though open space, the only thing he could think about was maintaining the darkness around him. Darkness was safety. There was safety in darkness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Concentration to maintain Darkness control 2(DC 12): (1d20+8)[26]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

The make-shift Godzilla swats Bob., smacking him as he flies 100 feet, landing in front of the front of the museum, just in time for the fleeing citizens to dodge the flying Bob-bullet as it craters the ground. The side from the ringing in his ears, Bob can hear another sound and that is the sirens from off in the distance.

I realize.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    that I've been doing the damage wrong a bit as the Godzilla should not have had an attack on Bob at all due to Fred's incredible slash to his leg but I figured that it would be kinda boring for the first supervillain for you guys to fight to sit there and just get his butt kicked without having been able to fight back. Also, I'd thought that stunning only occurred through feats or special abilities like Cassandra has. I'll do new damage rolls after everyone has had their turns.

29. - Top - End - #119

GreataxeFighterGuy

Getting up from the crumpled mess he had landed in, Behir focused mainly on standing up at all. At least he was safe in his darkness. And the smell of panicked humans running around. So very tantalizing...
    Behir physically swatted himself to try and shake his mind off the topic. He was here to help the humans, and he had a rather large problem to deal with. Even now, he could feel his body knitting itself back together. He would be as good as new in a couple seconds... If he could only get past the splitting headache. All eight legs splayed wildly, Behir swayed and staggered, trying to make his way back into the fight.

[OOC: The darkness is centered on my character, so it is no longer restricting Godzilla's sight.]

Spoiler
    Show
    Stunned for one round, though Regeneration takes care of the Bruised Condition and I made the concentration check to maintain the darkness effect. With my speed, I should be back by the next round.
    Last edited by bladesmith; 2010-12-08 at 03:15 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Ronin

He watched the large dinosaur toss the shadowy creature, yet the darkness did not abate. Excellent. Observing the creature for a moment, one leg had been viciously sliced by the Masamune. Time to complete the symmetry.

Ronin flash-steps yet again, appearing down at the creature's other foreleg.

"The bigger they are..."

He grins and unleashes another powerful stroke of his sword at the leg, before flash-stepping again, appearing on top of the van (stuck in the tar). If any enemies wanted to come for him, they'd have to brave the tar themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage DC: 23 + However much I exceed his defense (Max 28).
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2010-12-08 at 02:14 AM.