New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: M&M 2E [IC Thread]

"I agree, although for different reasons. How would a civilian, even an officer, fight against a metahuman, mad scientist, or other super villain? Truthfully, the police forces are better suited for normal criminals, but not the kind that have been appearing as of late, can you honestly say that the police wouldn't have faltered before a giant lizard man with strength comparable to a titan? I'll say this now, the police do not have the resources to face supervillains."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

The mayor sits silent before speaking again, "I admit that that would be a ordeal for the police but there must be some other way to deal with this, we just can't have all of you going around and causing damage to our city in the name of justice."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

One Piece Manual [In the Works, Feel Free to Check it Out!]

~Married to VirgoBushin in real life on May 31, 2010~

3. - Top - End - #153

"I'll leave this question for the city to consider; What's more important to you, human lives, or a bit of money to repair the city? If the answer is the money, then i doubt you'll have many supporters for the next election, if it's the people, then we are your best bet to keep them safe. We can try to keep damage to a minimum, but likely won't be able to make any promises. If necessary i can repair any damages myself after a fight, my abilities would make it rather simple to do so."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayor's Conversation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a long pause of silence before he starts again, "Fine... but I do believe that the citizens deserve to know who their protectors are. I propose you come out, in costume of course, as I don't expect you to reveal your secret identities so the citizens can know who you are."
    "Minotaur Rouges are awesome. After all, has anyone ever told you they were mugged by a 7ft tall cow-man before?"

5. - Top - End - #155

"I can give my appearance, however, i will not meet in person unless completely necessary, and i will not reveal my fellow 'vigilantes,' as you put it. I have uploaded my appearance onto your computer, Mayor, you may do with it as you will. I'm pretty easily recognized, just look for someone that could come out of the new Tron movie," she says before chuckling, "Yugure, you have anything you'd like to add?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

As soon as the man in the trenchcoat appeared on the rooftop, Behir faded away into nothingness, almost instantly blending in with the scenery. Meshing the shadows around him, the demon made his way around the man, finally coming to rest above the door that Mr. Trenchcoat had come through, and hopefully near enough to grab the radio if the man tried to call it in. From there, Behir listened to the entire conversation, trying to analyze what exactly was going on. The mayor didn't seem very happy about having heroes doing stuff in his city. According to comics, that pointed towards corruption. Still, he had seemed like a good person at the museum, sounded like he was actively trying to protect his city, and was willing to compromise to some extent. Perhaps this was different. Still, one thing the comics tended to agree on was that it helped to have friends in the police force. Made things more... Legal, if that was the word? Humans had so much of their ethical system codified and enforced that it made it hard for him to keep track of what the police would punish him for, or not. Even then, there were gray areas, and places where the law normally applied, then didn't. It was all very confusing.

So, what was he doing again...

Right. Talking to the cop. Trying to assess the situation without scaring the pants of any humans, or having the mayor call a giant manhunt down on him. Besides, this would be an excellent distraction, if Ronin wanted to get away without being seen.

"You are local law enforcement, yes?" The voice drifted down from the night sky, seemingly. "I would take it as a kindness if we could parley a little, you and I, before you radio your superiors."
    "The more I talk, the stupider I sound." ~Me
    "Life is what you make of it." ~Deadpool

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire
    A.K.A. The Mistress of Shadows

Cassandra nodded, choosing her words carefully before speaking herself. "From everything I've just heard and the way you've described yourself.... you've made it perfectly clear, Mayor Huckle, that you truly do not deserve to be Mayor. As such, I'm not complying, even if it were necessary. Also, even if I wanted to, it would drastically ruin my life as it is and I'm not allowing that to happen while I can still control that. If you really want to know so badly, you can find out for your damn self. But none of us should feel forced to reveal our real selves to you. You seem more like a tyrant than a mayor and, a word of advice, I hope you remember what happened last time one nation was ruled by a tyrant for so long."

With that, she took the mike and headset off, sighing as she looked down a bit. Her fists had clenched to where her nails had almost drawn blood from her palms. She stood up, calming herself first, before turning to Jessica and bowing her head. "Thanks... I probably should get over to my place even though that's really not that far away...." She chuckled softly at her realization then began grabbing her stuff. "I've probably bothered you enough for tonight, hm?"
    ~Married to Tsumeken in real life on May 31, 2010~
    Characters I'm Currently Playing::
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

8. - Top - End - #158

Jess nods then taps her mike lightly, "I do hope you decide to work with us instead of against us Mayor. But for now, i bid you farewell," she says, pulling out of the sytem and erasing all traces she had ever been there. "You can spend the night if you'd like, i could use the company," she says, rubbing the back of her head.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

Well, his description was most likely already out there. He never wore a mask during combat, and tended to just fight whenever the need arose... so no costume either. However, he cannot let himself be caught here. He doesn't want to have to hurt police officers while escaping. However... he wasn't going to leave his new ally to get swarmed, either.

So, Fred erupts into blue light as he enters the first stage of his battle form. He flash-steps and appears behind the cop in the trenchcoat, holding his sword at the ready. He waits and listens in to the conversation the others have with the mayor before he says anything.

"We're sorry to detain you like this, detective. We're on the same side. The Mayor would have you try and apprehend us, and would force us to fight each other. This isn't a good idea. We're both on the same side here... we just go about it in different ways.

With that in mind... we'll talk. But only to you."

10. - Top - End - #160

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra stopped packing as she heard Jessica speak. She then looked up and contemplated her offer a bit before finally nodding. "Sure... I suppose that could work out. I hope you don't mind the fact I'll have an alarm set for early in the morning as I got my modeling job again." She said, yawning slightly as she set her things back down slowly.

She sighed softly as she landed on the couch then looked over to Jessica, "Be honest... you think I said too much? I mean... now that I rethink over everything I said to the mayor, I wonder if I accidentally gave him a hint or so too many. But I suppose I'll worry more about it should he actually begin sending out search parties for us; though even if he does, I wonder exactly how far he'll go with them. Hard to arrest people who have committed no real crime so.... I wouldn't think he'd legally be able to just throw us away in a jail or asylum. You don't think he'd go that far.... do you?" Her last couple of words made it perfectly clear that she was beginning to get a bit anxious about this entire ordeal. Anxious, however, wasn't exactly the same in her mind as scared... but it was indeed getting there.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

11. - Top - End - #161

"I doubt he'd try anything, the entire town heard our little conversation, and if they didn't they'll hear about it. If he tries to arrest us we'll likely have the support of the people. As for anyone finding out, I doubt they'll find out unless they have skill with computers equal to my own."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra nodded after a bit. For now, she'd allow Jessica's words to be reassuring enough to keep her relatively calm. "Alright.... thanks." She said, yawning softly as she pulled her cell phone out and began setting an alarm for early, around 7:45 AM to be exact.

She then laid down on the couch, her head going on the pillow. "Night...." She murmured softly, closing her eyes. Yet, she felt herself restless even as her eyes closed, making her groan softly. Damnit... one of these nights again... Her eyes remained closed as she hoped keeping them this way would make her, eventually, fall asleep. Something was telling her the fact she hadn't been completely reassured was making her still uneasy.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

~go to thenext day after spoilers~

Fred and Bob
    Spoiler
    Show
    The commisiner nods to Fred at least since Behir is still invisible, "I've got no problems with you hero types, the mayor is jsut running for re-election and is trying to show a strong front to the voters." He hands each of you (two to Fred) a small radio, "That scanner might help so that you an respond to any other emergencies that the police force might nedd your help for, at least this way you won't always need to be on the prowl for danger." With that he thanks you both one more time before retiring for the night.

Jessica & Cassandra
    Spoiler
    Show
    the mayor had nothing more to say that night and even if you tried hard to stay up the slee and exhaustion from the days earlier excercises had you out

It is now Sunday, a day of rest for most. No special events are scheduled for today .

14. - Top - End - #164

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Sure enough, by 7:45 AM sharp, her cell phone alarm was going off, making her groan as she shut it off. Sleep had been anything but easy to obtain and now she was really wishing it hadn't been as difficult as it'd been to get. Still, she had her modeling job again so she had to get up.

As she looked around, she noted that so far, Jessica hadn't woken up --- which was good. She didn't like waking others up, especially when they had no reason to up at such ungodly hours in the morning. She began rubbing her eyes first then, once she ensured she could see well, grabbed her backpack and snuck into the bathroom, quickly changing.

With the way her boss always seemed to make her dress, she wondered if she should be worrying about her 18th birthday. She sighed and looked up and down herself before shutting off the lights and putting the clothes she'd worn yesterday away. I know I need to find something. else..... She'd kept promising herself... but she also kept reminding herself she'd be more likely to lose her temper if anyone else tried to grope her, like a waitress or bartender and because of that, she had remained at her current place of working. She definitely wasn't as smart as she could be to try to help Jessica out .... though, to her knowledge, she didn't have any technical business which was kinda unusual with how good she was at that crap.

Shoving her thoughts aside, she left a small note on a sticky pad that merely had the words, "Thanks for everything." on her desk then headed out and began her walking toward her work. Thank god for Spring..... She thought, knowing it was so much worse to be in mini-skirts and mid-riff shirts in the winter here. Another good thing... it was so early in the morning,, most people were heading to work but most also didn't go the same direction she had to, so she could usually avoid the awkward stares and catcalls.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

He grins and eases up on his stance once the officer gives them a sign of good faith. Fred nods to him. "Thanks. You won't regret it." He motioned to Behir to go, and he flash-stepped from rooftop to rooftop away from the area.

He gives his contact information to Behir before leaving.

On Sunday, Fred is training on the rooftop of his building, slashing a wooden sword through the air. While his battleform granted him amazing speed and durability, his fighting ability largely relied on his immense skill at swordsmanship. He wore some cargo pants with no shirt, today. It was warm up here in the sun.

Nearby was the police radio, just in case something came up. It was going to be helpful to not waste time prowling around.

16. - Top - End - #166

Almost an hour after Cassandra left, Jessica came too, groaning rather loudly as she went to the fridge and cracked open a soda. She knew Cassandra had left earlier. She synchs her beeper up to her police scanner and goes out, heading towards the park. She sat back, and left the day to not using her computer, opting to just relax for the day before reprogramming the android, she'd already hooked it up to her computer, sharing the firewall so it could not be reactivated.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Chapter II: The Dragon's Calling

Fred:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your training apparently hasn't gone unnoticed. A small steel shuriken hits the ground near one of your training dummies with a piece of paper tied around it, effectively making it a note delivery system. The note reads, "I have heard of your martial arts prowess and I wish to offer you a job. Please come to Central Park later tonight where you shall be tested on your credentials."

Jessica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The park offers you a nice, quiet getaway from your rather busy lifestyle. (Any checks you've done on the android which I'm assuming you've done and haven't told the police reveal it is military-grade made.) You see a man who appears to be flanked by a group of four robed men, walking through the area. He seems to carry himself as a very highbrow. He does not seem worried in the least about drawing attention to himself.

Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you make your way to your place of work, a masked man wearing a gi of bright blue color side steps out from an alleyway, dropping into a stance. You have apparently been challenged.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

John wakes up and watches the news and after watching the conversation between the heroes and the mayor john agrees with most of their points especially that the police force is under equipped he decides to remedy that and calls his pubilicist and asks her to scedule a speach
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

19. - Top - End - #169

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra bit her lip, frowning at the sight of not just the man, but the blue gi. "Tch.... annoying.. I guess Seiryu was never good at being patient. Fine then..... but don't say I didn't warn you....." She tossed her backpack off her shoulders, drew her right hand back and threw it for the man's gut.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit:
    (1d20+6)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

20. - Top - End - #170

GreataxeFighterGuy

Behir thanks the commissioner and takes up the radio, trying to keep himself to the shadows as much as possible as he picks up the radio. Before the cop can leave though, Behir will quietly tell him about what he heard in the museum, about the gang looking for "raptors" to take back to the "boss". Still, he tries to keep his body out of plain sight, keeping a very small cloak of darkness around him. While he was quite willing to work with the police, and give them as much information as he could, it didn't feel right to reveal his appearance and nature just yet. That probably wouldn't go well for him.

Still, he tried to be as genial as possible, bidding his farewells to Fred and the Commissioner. He didn't have any contact info to give back to Fred(he should probably get a cell phone one of these days...), but he offered to help out if ever he could. As soon as the others were gone, he left the site himself, bounding across rooftops and slinking through dark alleys. It had been a thoroughly productive night, but he was tired. Sleep would be nice.

Having gone through his morning routine, and having very few responsibilities in the way of duty or sustenance, Bob made his way out into the town for a while. Sunday was always a good day to people watch, as it was the day he got to see them at recreation. A working human, as he saw it, was not itself. A working human often simply did whatever it needed to survive the day or please its masters, but a human at play had no one to serve but itself. It was that sort of behavior that Behir wanted to capture. After all, his status, as the humans would put it, was "retired". He was out to serve himself, and make the world better of his own volition. He still had trouble reconciling the concept, though, so watching a human when it wasn't working gave him ideas. Besides, he liked the warmth of the sun. It was oddly comforting and familiar, even without the stench of sulfur.

So thinking, Bob molded his outfit into its usual jeans and t-shirt, then went out into the streets. His end goal was the park, but he took the "scenic route". Which apparently meant taking several long detours, according to his coworkers.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Fred Broll

He hears the shuriken strike the ground, and whirls around with his blade at the ready. Unfortunately, whoever threw it is long gone by now. He narrows his eyes and steps towards the dummy, taking the note and reading it.

"A job? Hm... intriguing, at least."

He gathers his things, makes his way inside, then showers. If this is a "job interview" he'll dress the part. He grabs a pair of black cargo pants and a black long-sleeve shirt. He tucks the Masamune into his duffle bag, then steps back onto the roof.

He throws down his hoverboard and makes his way to the meeting place at the appropriate time.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save:
    (1d20+2)[6]

Toughness Save:
    (1d20+2)[15]

The ninja raises up an arm, blocking your punch. However, the resulting force of the punch shakes through all of his nerves, paralyzing his body as he stands there helpless before you.

John:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mayor calls you back. He wants you to hurry over with your plans as soon as possible.

Bob:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you take your leisurely stroll through the city, you see a young woman who appears to be fending off some sort of masked individual. You swear you've seen a television show like this before except there were five people and things weren't really masks, they were more like clay. But that's besides the point. The woman seems to be handling herself very well. Who knows? You may have walked onto a set.

Fred:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's still sometime before the rendezvous time. (Until the fight between Virgo & the ninja is done, I won't be able to push you too far forward. so if you wanted to do something before then... go on and do it.)
    Last edited by Tsumeken; 2010-12-27 at 08:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Jessica raises an eyebrow, "strange," she says quietly before leaning back into the bench once more, 'strange' didn't mean 'bad,' though she would keep an eye out for suspitious activity.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra chuckled softly, an arrogant smirk on her face as she noticed the man failing to move. "Hmph... trying to bite off more than you can chew as usual hm?" She taunted, throwing a punch for the man's gut again.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit:
    (1d20+6)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man takes another hit, this one actually seems to damage him quite a bit as he staggers.

Jessica:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The strange man and his "escorts" seem to be acting cautious as they move. The robed men stay behind as their supposed leader walks into a nearby building.. The others seem to stand guard.

John:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are greeted by the mayor's secretary and led into the office where the Mayor is waiting.
    (We have to do the exchange here in character not just out of character).

26. - Top - End - #176

GreataxeFighterGuy

Bob stopped at a safe distance, watching carefully as the woman delivered a series of punches to the oddly dressed man. As a matter of fact, the woman was rather oddly dressed also. She did look more like the women he saw on the television then in real life, dressed in a way that seemed to provoke mating instincts in men. Perhaps they were on a set... But there were no cameras, and the people around were running around like it was a real fight. It was all kinds of chaos, and Bob wasn't sure who he was supposed to help. So, he decided to stand by and see what happened.

Though, to be fair, it seemed like the girl was less prepared for a fight, and so probably the one being attacked. Even though the other man hadn't gotten a blow in.

27. - Top - End - #177

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra chuckled yet again. All too easy.... She couldn't help but wonder. Also, however, was the wondering of where Seiryu himself was. After all, if his henchmen were already after her now, he himself was probably relatively close by. That in itself was enough to be making her wonder --- and worry a bit. For now, however, she tried to focus mainly on the fight still at hand as she threw a punch this time for the sternum.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit:
    (1d20+6)[26]
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last shot brings the man down as he falls to the side. You notice that you'd been watched the entire time by on-lookers. To make matters worse, your cell phone begins ringing in a familiar ringtone.

29. - Top - End - #179

Cassandra Ellyn McGuire

Cassandra felt relieved and proud as the man fell. Those emotions quickly left as she noticed she had been anything but alone as others were gawking and staring at her. "W...what are you all staring at?! Nothing to look at here! Go away!" She felt her sink as her phone rang,, making her groan. Granted, she was glad to know when she threw her backpack off nothing had broken obviously... but that wasn't how she wanted to find out. She first straightened her skirt so it was covering her body as best as it could, grabbed her backpack then phone and, reluctantly, answered. "I'm on my way... I swear. I almost got mugged though.... but I'm almost there." Hopefully he'd have enough patience with her as this wasn't the first time he'd heard this excuse.
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A "Hmph" comes over the phone line. "Well next time, maybe you should drop them a business card and they can mug you at the shoot since they seem to be so punctual. You have ten minutes." With that, the phone hangs up.

Bob:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The woman passes by you rather quickly though you are able to catch snippets of the phone conversation as she passes by (You can read Virgo's spoiler).

Fred:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's about time for your meeting now. But meeting in the park? That sounds strange. Apparently, though, there's a gazebo nearby that they want to meet in.