New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default The Pilgrim-A Thanksgiving-themed PrC[3.5, PEACH]

The Pilgrim
    "That Shanera is one scary guy. I should know."
    - Serathan, Human Pumpkin King

Some people get way into the tradition of Thanksgiving. After all, what is there to not love about Thanksgiving? The delicious food, the gathering of family and friends for a good time.... However, some people get way too much into Thanksgiving, and as a result, have delved into the history of Thanksgiving, absorbing the culture and history of the people who began it all, The Pilgrims, ultimately becoming like one, and manifesting powers granted by their love of Thanksgiving and Pilgrims.

Prerequisites:
    Skills: Survival 9 Ranks or Knowledge(Religion) 9 ranks
    Feats: Scion of Thanksgiving, One other Thanksgiving feat(found here)

Skills:Craft, Intimidation, Jump, Knowledge(Religion), Survival, Tumble, and one other skill of the player's choice
    Skill Points: 4 + Int Mod Skill Points per level
    HD: d8

Pilgrim
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Enhanced Thanksgiving Power, Rite of the Pilgrim

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Thanksgiving's Boon

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |My Land Now!(Basic, 1 ability)

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Get off my Land!(Outsider), Endurant

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Thanksgiving's Boon

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |My Land Now!(Guardian of my Land, 2 abilities)

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Get off My Land!(Natives), Keep on Living

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Thanksgiving's Boon

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |My Land Now!(Everywhere we go, 3 abilities)

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | True Scion of Thanksgiving[/table]

Pilgrim Class Features

Weapon Proficiencies: Pilgrims are proficient with all simple weapons and all ranged martial weapons.

Enhanced Thanksgiving Power: Pilgrims are treated as having one more Thanksgiving feat than they have for the purposes of effects that depend on the number of Thanksgiving feats they have.

Rite of the Pilgrim: At 1st level, the religious faith of the original Pilgrims touches the Pilgrim. They gain a bonus to Knowledge(Religion) checks equal to half their Pilgrim level, and may make use of the Turn Undead class feature 1/day as a cleric of their Pilgrim level. Should the Pilgrim already have uses of this ability, their Pilgrim levels and other class levels stack for the effects of Turn Undead. Also, they may select one 1st level cleric spell and cast it as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to half the number of Thanksgiving feats they have.

Thanksgiving Boon:
    After a while, the spirit of Thanksgiving endows further powers upon the Pilgrim, granting it extra benefits to the Thanksgiving abilities it has already developed. At 2nd level and every 3 levels after that, the Pilgrim may choose to enhance one of his Thanksgiving feats from the options below. The Pilgrim may not choose the enhancement of a feat he or she does not have:
    Spoiler
    Show

Scion of Thanksgiving: The bonus to Survival doubles, and the Pilgrim gains another 3 hit points.

Turkey-Carving Style:
    You gain newfound expertise in carving, allowing you to use Turkey-Carving Style's effect on any type of creature except for Oozes and creatures with the Incorporeal subtype.

Thanksgiving Turkey:
    With a new recipe, your Turkey becomes extra delicious. Eaters of your turkey instead regain hit points equal to 1d8 + the number of Thanksgiving feats you have.

Thanksgiving Battle Turkey:
    You learn how to find turkeys even more suitable for combat. Select one template that has an LA equal to 1/2 the number of Thanksgiving feats you have - 1. You may apply this template to each summoned turkey when you use the Thanksgiving Battle Turkey feat. This enhancement may be selected multiple times.

Rifle of the Founders: Through technological enhancements lost to time, you have learned about an enhanced version of the Rifle of the Founders: The Arm-Cannon of the Founders. Whenever you use the Rifle of the Founders feat, you may instead choose to summon the Arm-Cannon of the Founders instead of the Rifle. The Arm-Cannon of the Founders acts as the Rifle of the Founders except for the following:
    • The Arm-Cannon of the Founders does not deal damage as a heavy crossbow, but functions the same in all other respects
    • Enemies hit by the Arm-Cannon of the Founders are forced to move 5 feet back per Thanksgiving feat you have in a straight line
    • For each 5 feet of forced movement, the enemy takes 1d6 damage
    • Although Pilgrims cannot reload the Arm-Cannon of the Founders, it instead magically reloads itself. However, this takes time, which results in the Pilgrim not being able to use the Arm-Cannon of the Founders for 1 round after they make an attack with it.

Thanksgiving Feast: Through new food recipes, you have learned to enhance the benefits of your Thanksgiving feast. The Fortitude bonus now equals 1/2 the number of Thanksgiving feats the Pilgrim has, and in addition, the eaters of the feast gain a number of temporary hitpoints equaling the number of Thanksgiving feats the Pilgrim has.

Brave Friends:
    You now know the tribe of the braves so well, that you can summon the more adept warriors of the tribe. The Braves summoned by the Brave Friends feat now are 3rd level Human Barbarians and can use Rage.

Extra Thanksgiving Power: Instead of an enhancement to an existing feat, you instead gain any Thanksgiving feat you qualify for as a bonus feat.

My Land Now!: At 3rd level, in keeping with the Pilgrim tradition of claiming whatever land you live on, you claim all land for yourself, becoming one with it. You treat any location(with a radius of 5 feet x ( the number of Thanksgiving feats you have + 1/2 your Pilgrim level) that you have slept at least 8 hours in at one time within one day per Thanksgiving feat you have as your land for this class feature. When in this land, you gain one of the abilities listed below:
    Spoiler
    Show

- +2 to any one physical ability score(Con, Str, Dex) (This ability may be selected more than once, but for a different score each time)
    -Can cast a Summon Nature's Ally spell of equal level to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have as a spell-like ability once/encounter
    -Can cast Soften Earth and Stone once every other round as a spell-like ability
    -Can use Thanksgiving feats one additional time per day
    -Can cast Stone Shape as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats you have, except that it applies to whatever the terrain is of the location.

Caster level for all spell-like abilities equals the character's HD

At 6th level, you become more in tune with your land. When a creature other than you or an ally enters your land, you are alerted as though by an Alarm spell that functions at any distance, so long as you are on the same plane. In addition, you may choose to instantly have an animal guardian summoned, as though by a Summon Ally spell of a level equal to half your Pilgrim level, to defend the land. Additionally, you may choose another ability to have active when on your land.

At 9th level, everywhere you travel is your land. You may now treat all land within a radius equal to 5 feet per 1/2 the number of Thanksgiving feats you have as your land, although you may only have one ability active at a time in this state, and may choose another ability to have active when on your land.

Endurant: At 4th level, you gain Endurance as a bonus feat.

Get off my Land!: At 4th level, when people get on your land, it just makes you angry enough to kick them out. If any creature with the extraplanar subtype steps on your land, you may send them back to their home plane as a full-round action (Will negates). You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1/3 the number of Thanksgiving feats you have.

At 8th level, this applies to pretty much anyone you don't like. When any creature without the extraplanar subtype steps on your land, you may choose to teleport them(as the spell) to a random location within 1 mile per Pilgrim level(Will negates).

Keep on Living: At 8th level, your ability to survive in the wilderness has made you endurant in all areas. You gain Diehard as a bonus feat, and may act as normal when reduced to negative hit points.

True Scion of Thanksgiving: At 10th level, you become completely imbued with the power that Thanksgiving grants. You gain Major Scion of Thanksgiving as a bonus feat. Additionally, he may grant others the use of his Thanksgiving feats. Each such use counts as though the Pilgrim himself had used it. Finally, he gains the ability to summon Turkeyzilla. The Pilgrim may spend two uses of the Pilgrim's ability to summon super turkeys through the Major Scion of Thanksgiving feat to instead summon Turkeyzilla for a number of rounds equal to the number of Thanksgiving feats the Pilgrim has.

Please PEACH.
    Last edited by Pyromancer999; 2010-11-17 at 05:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The Pilgrim-A Thanksgiving-themed PrC[3.5, PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer999;9784648[B
    My Land Now!: [/B]At 3rd level, in keeping with the Pilgrim tradition of claiming whatever land you live on, you claim all land for yourself, becoming one with it.
    The flavour here is blatanlty wrong for Thanksgiving. For Pilgrims, I wouldn't know so much, but absolutely wrong for the whole spitit of the first Thanksgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    The flavour here is blatanlty wrong for Thanksgiving. For Pilgrims, I wouldn't know so much, but absolutely wrong for the whole spitit of the first Thanksgiving.
    When you buy land for glass beads and booze? Yeah, that ability fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

4. - Top - End - #4

RedWizardGuy

This is a Thanksgiving/Pilgrim themed prestige class. Pilgrims, although not at the time of Thanksgiving, did eventually kick people off their land, mainly Native Americans and sometimes other settlers of the New World.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer999 View Post
    This is a Thanksgiving/Pilgrim themed prestige class. Pilgrims, although not at the time of Thanksgiving, did eventually kick people off their land, mainly Native Americans and sometimes other settlers of the New World.
    Yes, the Pilgrims eventually did, but Thanksgiving was not in that spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #6

RedWizardGuy

Yes, the Pilgrims eventually did, but Thanksgiving was not in that spirit.
    True. Overall(if you count the boons), this PrC is Thanksgiving-themed, but I needed some pilgrim stuffing for some of the gaps.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You could always turn sexual repression and witchcraft into abilities. I'm just sayin'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

8. - Top - End - #8

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    You could always turn sexual repression and witchcraft into abilities. I'm just sayin'.
    I'm not entirely sure that Rage would fit into the class in any other case than the Braves.

Anyways, any more comments/PEACHes for this PrC?

9. - Top - End - #9

RedWizardGuy

Nothing? It'd be helpful to have someone PEACH the class features, as the comments so far have only been about the flavor of the class.