Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 783
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male

    Default Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Spring has finally come to Fallcrest. Birds are chirping, bees are buzzing, and every flower and tree seems to be blossoming. The sun has just reached its peak, and throughout the city word is spreading about the odd procession that just made its way through the city gates. Nearly two weeks ago, rumors that a strange group of companions who had saved the entire city had snuck out to track down the murderer of the late Lord Tacitus Rex. Stories and theories buzzed throughout the town for a week, and now nearly every citizen in Fallcrest strained to see the procession as moved though the city towards Rex Manor, eager to see if the rumors were true.

    At the head of the procession, a tall golden-haired Eladrin with a curved blade at his side leads the way on a white horse. Many of the young men in the crowd point to the sword, and re-tell rumors of a warrior-prince who appears and disappears with a flash of lightning when he fights. Behind the Eladrin, a smiling half-elf rides. As he moves through the city, the wind whistles through the bow strapped to his back, causing a faint tune to continuously emanate from the handsome bard, and some in the crowd call out for a song (primarily from disturbingly enthusiastic teenage girls).

    Next in the procession, instead of a horse a massive serpent slithers through the streets. The mere sight would have made most in the crowd run for cover, but instead all eyes are drawn to the laughing gnome riding the serpent, who continually seems to conjure flowers and fireworks out of thin air as he rides. The gnome is so flamboyant; most eyes don't even notice the other creature riding on the snake. Riding behind the wizard, a dark purple cloak that almost seems woven with shadows hides the form of a Drow. Indeed, the figure might have gone completely unnoticed but for the quips he and the gnome exchange as they ride.

    Behind the serpent is an equally odd sight. A flea-bitten pack mule trots along happily, and on its back is a tall, silver-haired figure in shining armor; the symbol of Corellon proudly displayed across the breastplate. Here and there, mothers emerge from the crowd, infant in tow, to ask the blessing of the Paladin on the child.

    Bringing up the rear, a group of children crowd around the last member of the procession. Towering over the rest of the crowd, what appears to be a man made entirely out of rock moves down the city street with the grace of a cat. As the children move around him, the rock man strokes his long, wispy beard for a moment before tucking it into the belt of what appears to be a lavender kimono. As the Goliath strides down the road, many of the adults in the crowd gasp and whisper as they point to the bound and gagged Dragonborn slung over the Goliath’s right shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

    Riding a little ways behind the rest of the procession, unnoticed by most, a tall thin man with light purple skin rides, twitching uncomfortably. Even among the few who bother to pay attention to the man, few could have identified him as a Deva.

    The crowd doesn’t diminish all throughout the town, right up to the entrance to the Rex estate. At the gate, several guards manage to hold the crowd back as a Kobald quickly opens up the gate and lets you slip inside. As you ride up to the manor, a human in thick brown robes, and an Eladrin with a lopsided conical hat await you at the entrance with a smile. With a laugh, Hubert gives a deep bow. “When Berrian insisted to me of your abilities, I must admit, I had my doubts. It’s a pleasure to see that his trust was well placed.” The Eladrin gives an awkward shrug, “I-ah...I know talent when I see it.” He gives a grin, and motions for two of the house guards to take Oedipus. With a laugh Hubert waves you inside. “Come, we’ve a feast prepared, we want to hear the whole story.”

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    This is the beginning of the 3rd part of the "Adventures in Fallcrest" game. The first part of the game can be found here, The second part of the game is here

    Out-of-character thread can be found here

    The Characters:

    Mando Knight - Eladrin Swordmage "Aramil"
    DSCrankshaw Half-Elf Bard "Lucan"
    Nai_Calus - Half-Eladrin Paladin|Ardent - "Eltain"
    Haberdashery - Goliath Monk - "Shepherd"
    dariathalon - Gnome Wizard "Pavick Roslow"
    Toric - Drow Assassin - Zyrr'delin Morvyndis
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-11-20 at 10:47 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan - Half-elf bard

    Lucan happily plays a tune for the crowd. He brings out his drum, and begins a militant tattoo. He soon joins his voice to the rhythm, and sings an elvish victory song.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Zyrr -Drow Assassin

    Zyrr joins in the chorus on its second pass, his smile almost as bright as the reflection off the old Rex crest on the new sword looming over his shoulder.
    Last edited by Toric; 2010-11-18 at 12:24 PM.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain graciously and humbly aquiesces to the blessing requests, calling upon Corellon to watch over and protect the children and to inspire them to create great works.

    When the group gets to the Rex manor, he puts Frank in the stables himself and gives him a treat, before going inside.

    "It's quite a long story, but I'm sure we're up to the task."
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil isn't much of one for singing, so he just smirks his smirk and waves as he passes the peasantry.

    When they reach the manor, Aramil nods and continues Eltain's comment. "Well, not quite so long, as far as stories can go. It shouldn't take past the evening to relate it."
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    The Shepherd beams at the guards as they approach him, and he nods politely.

    "If you don't mind," Shep begins, in his deep, rumbling voice, "I would feel more comfortable keeping him at arm's length. He is very slippery."

    He shuffles the dragonborn into a more comfortable place on his shoulder.

    "He has proven more trouble than an ornery ewe in the midst of the Ides of March."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan - Half-elf bard

    "Are ewes more ornery then?" he asks.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick

    After a moment's fishing around in a pocket inside his robes, Pavick pulls out a flute. He begins playing it to accompany Lucan's song. What goes better with a military drum than a twiddling flute dancing around the melody with runs of notes accentuating the beat of Lucan's drum? All the while, he continues his fireworks display overhead.

    Once through the gate, Pavick puts his flute away and dismounts Slick. "Alright I know you like being large and in charge, but it's time to shrink back down to your normal size." Pavick releases the magic from his ritual, and the snake returns to its normal size. Pavick picks it up from the ground and allows it to slither back into its favorite hiding place up his sleeve.

    He finally turns his attention to Hubert and Barrian. "A feast! Sounds wonderful! Perfect way to end a successful mission. I'm surprised you ever had any doubts, afterall, you had us on the case. We can handle anything," the gnome says with great bravado.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Haberdashery's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    On an island!

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    The Shepherd looks at Lucan with the most serious face he has ever seen grace the visage of the Shepherd. The cracks in his face seem to run deeper into his skin as the sun dips behind his head and casts his face into shadow. His brow is a jutting slab of rock atop the caverns of his eye sockets. His voice is utterly solemn, like the silence before an earthquake.

    "You have no idea."

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    You're escorted inside, and led to a large dining room at the far end of the manor. Before long, food is laid out, and the meal begins. Throughout the feast, Berrian and Hubert alternate between listening intently, and asking questions as the story unfolds. Tyrannus is present, but rather than show interest in the story, he spends most of the meal studying his half-brother tied up in the corner behind Shep.

    Once the full story is told, Berrian leans back in his chair, promptly looses his balance, and flails for a moment before grabbing onto the edge of the table and restabilizes his chair. "This, ah...this definitely clarifies some odd, er...what I thought were odd rumors from some of my family still in the feywild. A-Apparently the Winter Court is using the failed auction and stories of a demon invasion to undermine the Summer Court, and is questioning their ability to govern effectively. I..ah...remember the winter fey being a bit aggressive, but I don't ever remember it being this bad..."

    Hubert scoffs "I care little for Eladrin politics. What worries me is this Aleksie character. I can think of surprisingly few reasons that would cause demons and devils to work together, none of them pleasant." He frowns for a long moment. "In the morning, I'll send a message to the high-priest of Bahamut, and seek his council on the subject." The human looks at the party "Would you be willing to stay here as our guests for a few days until I hear back from him? We owe you at least that much, and I fear that this issue may require more of your attention." He pauses for a moment, before glancing at the Drow "Which you would all be compensated for, of course."

    Berrian, who has begun chewing on a thumbnail, mutters to himself quietly, but before he has a chance to speak up, Tyrannus stands. "There's been enough talk for one evening, and my father's murderer and I still have much to discuss in private."

    Hubert nods, and walks over to Tzunk and whispers to him quietly "Tomorrow we'll also discuss your predicament." He gives the Deva a pat on the shoulder before moving over to stand next to Tryannus.

    Berrian jumps to his feet "Ah, yes...that. Well, um...rooms will be prepared for you upstairs, but before you go, he looks at Pavick "May we have the Flame?"

    -----------------------
    Upstairs, rooms have been prepared, and the Kobald darts around from room to room, and gives a low bow. "Anything at all you need, day or night, just ring and I'll be there." He gives another bow before scampering off.



    OOC: Feel free to respond to whichever parts of the conversation you wish to; but this is also a chance for everyone to have a few free days in town to run errands, visit anyone of their choosing, or take care of any loose ends your character may have

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    "Perhaps because they are not your kinsmen, Hubert. However, being a member of a noble Eladrin house, I have a vested interest in knowing how my actions may have harmed my family."
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Hubert gives a polite nod of apology, and Berrian gives his fellow Eladrin an awkward half-smile. "I'll see if I can dig up any more information."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick

    Pavick eyes Barrian carefully, before nodding his head. "Yes. It is yours to do with as you see fit. However, I do ask that you give Tzunk's request a reasonable ear. He has helped us to return here successfully and deserves whatever assistance you can provide him."

    Pavick reaches into the pouch at his belt and pulls the flame out. He slides the flame into the center of the table, suddenly feeling considerably less like a lucky gnome. He heaves a silent sigh.

    "I'd be happy to hear out whatever other offer you might have for us when you are ready to have us hear it. But for now, it has been a long few days and a nice rest tonight will feel good, I think. Perhaps in the morning I'll head down and visit a few of my old friends in town. It seems we might have at least a few days of celebrity in town and it'll be nice to take advantage of it." Pavick hops off his chair and begins walking toward the kobold to be taken to his room.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    "The winter fey can be quite cruel, but they are not usually this aggressive, no. I was born and raised among them, indeed, one of the representatives at the auction was the ruler of the city I come from." He frowns. "I don't like it."

    He turns to Berrian.

    "But thinking of more pleasant matters for the moment. I am still quite new here in Fallcrest, and while it's only a couple of days' concerted journey to the temple I was staying at before I came here, it would be nice to be able to stay in town in case anything comes up. Is there a temple here at which Corellon is worshiped?"
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-11-19 at 11:29 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Berrian shakes his head sadly. "No, there are no temples unfortunately. There is a small Shrine on the edge of the forest just outside the eastern gate, dedicated to both Corellon and Sehanine if you wish burn incense or say prayers."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain makes a tsking noise and sighs.

    "A great pity. I had hoped to consult with a priest of my faith. Perhaps a temple needs to be founded here." He frowns.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Zyrr grins at Hubert. "Oh I have no problems staying, even without pay. I've already got my payment." He pulls his new sword out of its sheath and cradles the blade in his lap, ostensibly admiring its craftsmanship but secretly attempting to gauge both Tyrranus's reaction to a sword bearing his family's perverted crest and Oedipus's to his sword changing ownership.

    -------

    While the drow is in town, he has some...pressing matters to attend to. First it was Aramil's turn, and now it is Zyrr's turn to seek out somebody capable of a Sending ritual.
    Last edited by Toric; 2010-11-20 at 10:06 AM.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    Hubert eyes Zyrr's new sword with a bit of a grimace; but Tyrannus gives a chuckle, and pulls out his own bastard sword with the newer crest on it. "Mine's bigger."

    Perception DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    They're about the same size, but I wouldn't advise pointing that out


    -------------

    If need be, Berrian could cast the sending ritual for the Drow, but as Zyrr asks around, he finds that the easiest place to have the spell cast for him is at the Septarch's Tower, home of Fallcrest's small Mages guild on the southern end of the city. It's run by a wizard named Nimozaran the Green, who until recently was apprenticing an upstart young gnome named Pavick Roslow.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain heads out for the shrine, pausing along the way to play with some of the local children and preach the teachings of Corellon.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan - Half-elf bard

    Lucan spends the next few days performing, whether it's in taverns or inns, or the streets. He also collects local songs. He quite enjoys himself.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard

    Pavick's first stop in town is by his old mentor's tower. He walks up to the tower, with a bag of gold coins in hand. He makes his way back into the tower. "Hello, Nimo? Are you here?" he calls out. "I was hoping I could purchase another ritual from your books. I think I've got enough gold here, and I've learned enough that it should make sense to me now!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I figured this would be a good opportunity for Pavick to pick up the new ritual I mentioned he was going to purchase in the old OOC thread. It just so happens, that the ritual in question was Sending...

    I don't know how much you wanted to roleplay out here, I'm fine with spending as much time as you want, but it looks like others might be eager to get their couple of days over with (or maybe they're just posting a short synopsis to start with waiting to see what else happens to them...) Anyway, Pavick will probably spend the first day at the Septarch's tower and then head over to the Blue Moon alehouse to catch up with friends there.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Yeah, I'm just throwing out a brief starting synopsis to see what happens.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Zyrr

    Perception - (1d20+3)[4]

    Zyrr's eyes nearly pop out of his head, and he hurriedly sheathes his own blade in shame. Surely Tyrranus's mighty sword is the largest in all the land, one the size of which bards sing about for miles around! Zyrr is truly humbled by its mere presence.

    -----

    Zyrr's response to Berrian's offer to send the message himself is very cordial. "I'm not so sure. Is there anyone else who can do the job?" His statement after learning the other option... less so. "Of course! Another frelling mage's guild! Fine, you can send the stupid message! It'll go to my cousin at House Morvyndis. I'll write the name down for when you cast - I can't afford to send it to the wrong person." With that, the drow grabs a parchment and a quill and begins to scribble down a message.
    Last edited by Toric; 2010-11-21 at 06:14 PM.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil spends his time relaxing at the Rex estate: the town seems so much smaller now, and so bland and colorless compared to the Feywild.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    DM Post

    As Eltain makes his way through the city, he draws several small crowds with his teachings on Corellon. Most of the people of Fallcrest are aware of the Fey God, but few are aware of any of his teachings, so most of Eltain's sermons are met with interest. As he makes his way out of the city, just off of the main road in a small clearing surrounded by trees is the Shrine that Berrian had spoken of. The shrine is simple, but well made, and appears to bear a resemblance to some of the elf-made buildings you saw in Lillellian. On either side of the shrine is a small alcove for offerings, one bearing the holy symbol of Corellon, one bearing the symbol of Sehainine.


    ---------------------------------

    Lucan has little difficulty drawing a crowd in whichever tavern he plays in. Unfortunately, some of the stories of Lucan's heroics have been overexagerated to the female teenage residents of Fallcrest. Most tavern and inn owners are smart enough to keep them out of the bars, but travel in-between locations gets a bit...hectic at times.

    ---------------------------------

    The door to the tower opens slowly, and a short human with a greying beard peers out. Nimozaran the Green peers out and the young gnome for a long minute before giving a cough and replying. "Hmph."So, you think you've learned enough? We'll see about that..."

    The older wizard spends the next few hours grilling his former apprentice both about his travels and adventures thusfar, as well as some broader questions about magical theory. His bushy eyebrows widen at the tale of the pheasant gate. "Well, it appears that you may have earned your triumphal entry after all. This news of demons and devils does disturb me some. I've summoned a few in my time, as you may recall, and it has never been a pleasurable experience. This news may require my attention in more detail..." He blows his nose loudly, and wipes it with the end of his beard.

    "But enough of that. The guild took a vote last night, and, pending my final review which you have passed with flying colors, we have decided to make you a full member, if you're interested." He gives Pavick a wink "Although I wouldn't be surprised if you had a brighter future in store for you than just a simple mages guild..."

    ---------------------------------

    [OOC] Feel free to either send me the message that Zyrr wants to send in a PM, or just post it on here [/OOC]

    ---------------------------------

    Aramil gets an awesome massage.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Lucan - Half-elf bard

    When the crowds become too much, Lucan resorts to magic. Using his Lullaby ritual, he attempts to calm them, and then slip away. Unfortunately, the magic slips away from him. He is, however, very good at hiding.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Arcana - (1d20+8)[14]
    Stealth - (1d20+9)[25]

    OOC: I don't know if the audience is still distracted if I fail the Arcana check.
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-11-22 at 02:07 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Nai_Calus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arvandor
    Gender
    Female2Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Eltain places an offering in the alcove dedicated to Corellon, and guiltily places one in the alcove dedicated to Sehanine as well, before returning to the side devoted to Corellon and kneeling. He raises his eyes to the heavens and clasps his hands in prayer.

    "Corellon, guide me," he begins uneasily. "I... Even as I spread Your teachings and act in Your name, I waver. I have lost my certainty in what I do and I no longer know how I should act... You aren't a cruel god, but the things I was taught growing up can be cold, and merciless, and even as I try to cling to them and follow them to do what I was told was right they ring hollow in my soul and feel so very wrong... You aren't good, and we who serve You as Paladins aren't supposed to be either, but I find myself drawn so much to things that are good, to wanting to violate my vows to merely promote Your ways in favor of... Well, of fighting to make the worlds better places. To help others and protect them, and fight against the ugliness and corruption caused by those who do evil. I... I want to be a good person, but at the same time, I don't want to fall from Your favor by acting in a way You wouldn't approve of." He pauses and sighs.

    "I don't expect You to answer me, or to show me the right way. I know that I must try to find my own path and seek the answers myself. I ask only that You grant me the strength of heart and courage to find those answers, and to come to terms with my duties and my desires. And I beg of You, if the answers I find for myself lead me down a path that offends You by straying too far to the path of goodness and righteousness, not to turn Your back on me and abandon me, and to understand that I'm simply a man - Not even a man, barely more than a child - and forgive me for my sins against You, both past and future. May Your grace grant me the strength to do Your will." He bows his head and closes his eyes, meditating for a time until his heart feels better and he feels ready to leave, and then begins to slowly head back to town.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Pavick - Gnome Wizard

    Pavick jumps at Nimozaran's offer, literally. He hops out of the chair he'd been perched on as his mentor had questioned him and pumps a hand in the air. "Interested?!? Of course I'm interested! Fallcrest may not be the biggest or most exciting city in the world, but it is my home. I'd be honored to join the guild here..." He pauses for a moment considering more deeply the situation. "So long as I am able to continue my adventuring, that is. I mean I've already learned so much out there, and there is so much more to learn. As you said, the demons and devils are a concern, and I've already been spoken to about investigating further. There's just a lot I need to do, but I'd gladly join the guild and devote as much time as I can here."

    Spoiler
    Show

    How closely are you sticking to the book regarding Fallcrest's mage's "guild" is it really just Nimo at the moment, or are there others? It really won't affect Pavick's decision, but he might have made a gentle jab about the old man talking to himself at the "meeting".

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    Aramil is mildly pleased by the massage. It's not the masseuse's fault... she did a good job. It's just that it's hard to not act moody when you had to leave your home plane again for this boring imitation of a world in spring. He considers mentioning it to the rest of the group, but then remembers that only Eltain would really understand what he means. And he didn't need to have a pity party... the kid had enough issues of his own.

    To get his mind off things, he decides to see if the library has any interesting arcane lore or tales of the late Lord Rex's exploits, or anything else along those lines.
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Toric's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventures in Fallcrest - IC - Part III [4E]

    After taking a moment to look the writing over, Zyrr folds the parchment in half and hands it to Berrian. The outside of the folded paper contains four words: Nilfer'za Morvyndis the Eighteenth.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The message reads as follows:

    Zyrr. Potential client Layesh Pallath, Thunderspire. Wants alchemy, poison, maybe killing. Monetary worth unknown, pays in golems. May request me personally. Previous client neutralized indefinitely.
    Last edited by Toric; 2010-11-23 at 11:49 AM.
    Avatar gladly adopted from Ink!
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •