New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Change of Seasons [IC]

The armored petals hold their circle still for a moment and then resuming flying around, forgetting they were supposed to be in formation. Lord Captain Cannith d'Forge puffs up his chest and the copper wire that is criss-crossed in a mimicry of chainmail flexes. "The Lady of Summer holds no dominion over this wood." He says. "We are the 3rd Scouts Auxiliary for the Blade Master of Mourn. He rules here and recognizes no other foreign power, natural or otherwise."

"That includes the other Lady, the cold one." One of the petals says. "Yeah, and the Queens too! The Mourn Lord of Blade Masters isn't bey...be..beholden! Behold to any of them."

Lord Captain Cannith d'Forge nods and grins at you, showing metal capped sharp teeth. "Now...as trespassers in the Lord Mourns wood I hereby declare you prisoners." "String 'em up!" "Off to the gaols!"

He glares at the petals and the two petals. "Sorry." They say in unison. "Though perhaps something could be arranged, if you are prepared to make bail for your temporary release." He glances over your clothes and gear. "Do you have any...armors for me and my company? Sadly, the Blade Mourn does not have many resources to outfit the army." "We've had to scrap and scrounge, mostly."

Spoiler
    Show
    Those of you familiar with the Fey know that Fey creatures like Petals would never wear or carry metal like these are. They usually wear bits of leafs and grass and use wooden bows and arrows. These petals are wearing metal, some even cold iron, and suffering no ill effects. The metal capped teeth are also unusual.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Lloyd

Lloyd just nods, taking in all that he's heard. He nods towards Aithne, feeling she may be on the right track. Of course, the devil was in the details, who spilled into what, or perhaps, what spilled into who. "The Mourn Lord of Blade Masters... that name reminds me of an old bogeyman. Regardless, if he rules, then his word is law..."

"Armor though? Give me a few minutes and I might be able to come up with something. " With a busy air, he walks past them, looking for a place to sit down. "You surprise me though, all, few of the Cannith I've met would dare to accept items from anyone but themselves. They prided in being the best craftsmen around." He continues, watching the petals with interest. "Could you tell me about your master though? Has he ruled over these lands for long? I can't help but feel I may have heard of him before."
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alexander

Alexander stands aloof during the confrontation, glaring at the obnoxious petals. He rolls his eyes as Lloyd begins to parley with the creatures. He advances slightly on the petals, and turns back to look at Lloyd.
    "I didn't come here to waste time. Let's find this breach and leave."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Lloyd

"Sir Brighthart, if you could do that so easily I don't think you'd even be here with us."
    He looks up to the sky, thinking. "Regardless, if you are that set on 'getting on with it', perhaps you could tell us where in the mournlands we wound up and which way will take us to the glowing chasm. Supposedly that's where the growth started, it might be a good idea to look there first."

5. - Top - End - #95

The petals flutter over to their captain and hover behind him while he watches Lloyd. "Oh, we not be needing any finished bits, just the metals and leathers and such to rework for ourselves. I am a Cannith, after all." He puffs out his chest and the other petals roll their eyes.

"Ah, you know of the Lord Mourne already? He was the strongest warforged ever built! He had 10 foot blades sprouting from his back! He could flap the blades and fly like an eagle over the land..." Lord Captain Cannith d'Forge fluffs his wings back and up, trying to make them larger. "When the trees grew, we came with them and he's now master of the mourne wood."

One of the other petals swoops around. "Yeah, and he's got the prettiest crystal thing around him. It makes the best light colors!" Lord Captain Cannith d'Forge shushes the petal and pushes him away. "Ah...don't mind that. Doesn't know what he's talking about."
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shazad

Shazad remains silent through all of this. He, having been more habitually used to the ways of the winter fey, doesn't really know how to handle these silly little things that presume they are either powerful or a threat without making it plain how miniscule they really are.

He smiles briefly as he remembers a saying an old friend of his had a long time ago. Don't go and be baitin' sharks, Shazad. Even predators can be fed upon.

He still keeps the conversation within hearing, remaining aware of his surroundings having been second nature to him since the Golem Incident.

First roll - Sense Motive on the petals Second roll - Listen check on surrounding area (1d20+29=41, 1d20+34=50)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alexander shrugs at Lloyd's words.
    "This world is unfamiliar to me. But even I know we have better ways to search than talk to these. We should have them take us to this Lord Mourne. He may know something of value."
    He seems to pause for a moment to consider something. But if anything more occurs to him, he does not voice it.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Lloyd

"You are Canniths that came with the Mourne Woods..." Lloyd slowly lets this sink, making a mental note of this. "Perhaps you have a point somewhere Sir Brighthart," He turns to the Petals "I'm sure there's some way to get you the iron, but could you take us to the Lord of these Lands? We are in a hurry, after all."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Aithne

This entire encounter was exceedingly strange to Aithne. Lord Mourne? Canniths? Fair folk that were not allied with the courts, wielding and lusting after iron, even! She'd never heard of such a thing, and was finding it exceedingly difficult to take seriously, given the appearance and ludicrous claims of the fey before her.

"We do have numerous resources at our disposal, but it might take a bit of time to gather."
    Aithne says, chiming in after Lloyd.
    "I'm sure we can come to an arrangement for our release that you would find satisfactory, but it might require some negotiation. Lord Mourn, perhaps would be the one to address for such a thing?"

10. - Top - End - #100

Shazad
    Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive
    The petals all seem to be friendly enough, now that they believe you all aren't going to attack them or become hostile. You also get the impression that they are speaking the truth, but as they are relatively unimportant Fey creatures, it may be simply the truth as they know it and not the actual truth.

One thing is clear though, Cannith didn't want the other petal to mention any specifics of the Lord of Blades current situation.

Listen
    You pick up the delicate flutter of the petals wings and the other normal sounds of the jungle, but nothing else.

"Oh, you'd want to negotiate with him directly? Ah...ah...well..." Lord Captain Cannith d'Forge says, trailing off at a loss for words. One of the other petals zips around and says, "Sure, we can take you to him! He's just over there, that a ways a bit." She waves her pin needle towards the north. The trees in that direction seem to be less dense than the other cardinals and in the distance you can make out a faint play of light, as of something glinting and twinkling.

Lord Captain Cannith d'Forge's face turns red and he says "Frostmail! That's priveleged, secret information! Fullplate level clearance only!" Frostmail raises a tiny eyebrow at him. "But if we're taking them with us then they'd know anyway." She rolls her eyes and darts forward a few feet. "Well...we are taking them, right?"

Cannith d'Forge looks at Frostmail and then back to you all. "Er...right. Right!" He whips around. "3rd Scouts Auxiliary, form up!" He shouts, and the petals all dash around you in a blur, eventually forming an honor guard around your characters. Frostmail flies up to Cannith d'Forge and salutes. "Prisoners surrounded and ready for transport, Sir!"

"Okay. Everyone, charge your crystals!" Cannith d'Forge says and all the petals take a little blue crystal from their pouches and concentrate. The crystals start to hum and glow with a building, bright light. "Crystals charged, Sir!" Frostmail says. Cannith d'Forge nods and turns to face you all. "Prepare for transport!" He shouts and the blue light arcs from each crystal to crystal, leaving blue lines of cracking electricity hanging in the air. The blue energy keeps jumping until a matrix has formed around you all and the petals. "Energize!" Cannith d'Forge says and the blue lattice of lightning snaps and becomes solid for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone with spellcraft can tap the DC to identify it before it is actually 'cast'. You recognize it as a greater teleport effect. If you want to resist you can make a Will save to stay behind, DC 27. Likewise you can step out of the lattice before it fully forms, no problem.

OOC, there's no immediate danger from the spell or from where they're taking you.

A moment later the blue sphere of living lightning dissipates, fading out into sparks that float away. You're in a different part of the jungle, an area that Lloyd instantly recognizes as the Glowing Chasm. Standing on the bottom of a wide canyon, the crystal walls of the canyon soar up above you almost a thousand feet. At the top all around you can see green trees hanging over the edge. The canyon itself appears to be made entirely out of crystal. Light reflects all around, but it's subdued by the blue and purple colors of the crystal, throwing up strange hues of rainbows and soft light all around.

The petals are quiet, and all of them have turned to face a giant growth of crystals that rises thirty feet into the air. The massive structure pulses with a deep violet light and in between pulses you can just make out a smudge of a dark form. The petals seem to have forgotten you and are all slowly flapping their wings, hoving in air as they stare at the pulsing crystal.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Lloyd

Lloyd simply stands and joins the others as the petals flutter about. If a member of the party backs away, he shrugs. "I wouldn't worry, these things seem honest enough, and Canniths are masters of artifice. I'd rather be teleported by them then anyone else... except the Orien of course." He'll continue to smile as the he's taken elsewhere.

Upon arrival, he'll take a few steps forward, surveying the scene. A bit like the petals, he'll turn to the purple crystal, mostly out of curiosity. He stands firmly, an arm folded behind him, the other on his white staff. Then he turns to the others. "Perhaps a bit of history is in order, if you don't find it too far beneath you. We are standing now in the site were a hundred years of war ended. What happened here decimated a nation, made others drop their weapons out of fear and created the mourn lands. It changed the world as I knew it, the problem is that no one knows what it was that did happen."

"Regardless, so as not to bore you, it seems its changing things again... At least, that's my theory. This time things are happening rather oddly though." He lifts his staff, pointing it at the petals. "The Canniths I know are a family of human artificers that have sired a few geniuses over the years. Great with magic and artifacts, but ultimately, they're legacy is in metal and steel. One of their finest creations is a race of mechanical men. These metallic sons of Cannith, made for war, they had no set purpose once it ended. The Lord of Blades I'd heard of was one of these."

"It was a name that no human Cannith would pledge allegiance to, as it was their worst fear come true, their creation turning against them. Warforged without a purpose swarmed to him, and he made his home, supposedly, in the mourn lands. It was said that entire cults of the mechanical men formed around him, for he gave them a purpose." He watches the petal's trance and nods.

"I can't say anything about any of this for sure, though I hope this lets you follow my train of thought. It may not be relevant to our current task, but I find it rather interesting... Were the wilds to adopt a being without purpose, one methodical and calculating, strong and durable, what do you think it would become?"

He smiles and turns back to the purple crystal, focusing on the dark smudge. "I could be wrong though."
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2011-01-10 at 01:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102

(Anyone who beats the DC's can read these.)
    Spot DC 40
    Spoiler
    Show

The gargantuan crystals near infinite facets play tricks with your depth perception, but by squinting one eye in a certain way you're able to see that the dark smudge appears to be set about 20 feet into the structure. Squinting your other eye you can discern that the smudge is actually a figure, some large creature held immobile inside the crystal like a fly in amber.

Knowledge: Arcana or Knowledge: Nature DC 40
    Spoiler
    Show

While these petals are dressed in ways that you've never heard of petals dressing, their behavior has been fairly unremarkable in terms of deviation from the standard expectations. Staring en masse at the crystal is a new twist, however, but is most likely explained by the new connection between the Feywilds and the Chasm.

One parallel that comes to mind is the attraction of the moth to the open flame. Whether the petals are drawing their energy from the crystal or are bound to it or if it's some other effect, you're not sure.

Spellcraft DC 40
    Spoiler
    Show

The Glowing Chasm has always been a matter of some mystery and it appears to have changed again, preserving for all time the mystery of what it once was, and now showing another, new, unexplained phenonema. The energy output from the crystal structure is intense, radiating magic on par with major artifacts. The interaction of magic this powerful with an already enhanced place has created strange relationships between reality and possibility. The crystal structure itself appears to be a manifestation of the planar breach between the Feywild and Eberron.

13. - Top - End - #103

A few moments pass and the petals begin to bob up and down a bit, still fixated on the crystal structure. The pulses from within it intensify in both sound and light....thrum.....thrum....THRUM...until the crystal flashes a solid, deep blue and holds it for an instant. The sudden light overwhelms your senses, as light is all there is to see, but it fades as fast as it came. Through the afterimages left on your eyes you can see figures begin to materialize around the crystal.

They sparkle into existence and take shape - six warforged hovering in a circle around the crystal structure like a halo. Each has a giant pair of brilliant gossamer butterfly wings coming out of its back, the wings slowly flapping as they hover in place. Four of the warforged carry long, twisted spears of metal, tipped with a large crystal cut and honed to a fine point. The two other other warforged wield no weapons but are themselves surrounded by hundreds of crystals ranging in size from no larger than dust to the size of a man's fist. The crystals swirl in close orbits around each warforged, glinting with the light of every color.

As they appear the petals seem to snap out of their daze and zip over to the warforged, flying into the middle of the circle and hovering like a small cloud there. The crystal structure starts to slowly pulse again, yet this time it's clear that the pulses are coming from the dark figure embedded in the middle in it. A voice echoes off the walls, crashing loud and rebounding against all the edges. "Whhhooo... arrreee... yooouuu..... toooo.... eeeennnntteer.... mmyyy.... dooommmaiiin.....?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone has Arcane Sight or the equivalent say so in the OOC and I'll post what spells and effects they have active. True Seeing doesn't show you anything different than what you see. I figure that you all are about 60ft away from the crystal structure. You can be closer or farther away if you wish. I'm working on a map, but for now the structure is 30ft tall at the top, 60ft wide at the base, and is roughly pyramidal shaped.

The warforged are therefore 40ft in the air and are spread equidistant apart from each other, forming a circle 60ft in diameter.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2011-01-27 at 11:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Lloyd

It take Lloyd a while to answer. Were it up to him, he would learn more. He would leave this anomaly open and with time learn to reproduce its effect... Under his control. It may let him 'fix' his little problem, but that would simply be a start. Iron dolls had become something greater, and the demon that hunted every artificer's dreams... something else. With a bit of imagination, the proper guidance...

He snaps out of it, his little problem told him now wasn't the time. "Who are you..." A good question, he had to admit. He continued to smile amiably though, always a good idea to seem in control. Better still when you were though. "We are here to understand just what happened to your domain. In the end, we will also learn why it's spreading as it is." Gripping his staff and cracking his neck, he continues. Regardless of what he is now, these were still artificial iron dolls. "I am Lloyd d'Vadalis, and I must say that if our presence here is an offense, well, it seem we're at odds doesn't it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Devotion:

Arcane: (1d20+44)[64]
    Nature: (1d20+44)[53]

And if needed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+29)[31]
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2011-01-25 at 04:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alexander

The whisper begins again as Alexander looks around the canyon, though its sound is largely lost in the humming of the crystals.

Spoiler
    Show
    Extraordinary creatures, are they not?
    I never thought you the sort to judge by asthetics, Ipos.
    Hardly. It is simply another reminder that the multiverse holds many wonders... and many sources of power... if one keeps an open mind.

Alexander tenses as the creature silhouetted within the crystal speaks. Its otherwordly nature reminds him disturbingly of demons he'd slain during the war.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was never so dramatic, master...

Alexander narrows his eyes, but says nothing. He is apparently content to wait for Lloyd to speak, and observes him intently as he does so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Foolish mortal. He needlessly antagonizes this creature.
    We're here to erase its "domain", apparently. It was never going to end well.
    And why should we? We have no quarrel with it.
    It is the task with which we have been charged. I'd rather restore my home than preserve its.
    Commendable, master, but unnecessary. Think for a moment. Lady Winter has wronged us grievously. She is as good as dead for that reason - and all her power will be ours with her passing. The death of a fey noble must surely leave a vacant throne... if this is truly part of the wilds now, why should we diminish a kingdom that we will by necessity soon usurp?
    I have no interest in any kingdom but my own. And I am bound by oath.
    But we are not, master... will you not trust us, for the sake of your own freedom?

Alexander shakes his head and paces restlessly. He readies himself for the creature's response.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check: (1d20+23)[24]
    Knowledge arcana: (1d20+26)[27]
    Knowledge nature: (1d20+26)[44]

Initiative if necessary: (1d20+21)[34]

16. - Top - End - #106

The crystal flashes through a series of quick pulses before the voice is heard again. Myyyy..... doommmaiinn.... nnowwww...... mmyyy..... prisoonnnn.... hheellpppp..... It says, and the crystal structure flashes almost a solid blue. You can hear a great crack coming from deep within the structure and it the color quickly fades, near translucent now. You can almost see a tiny movement within, as if the figure were struggling, but the structure flashes into another series of patterns and the ground starts to shake as energy pulses rush out in waves.

The silent warforged hovering above the structure twitch in unison and their eyes start to glow a bright blue, the same color as the structure.

Spoiler
    Show

Round 1

There's no surprise round since you all are aware of each other. Here's the initiative order.

Aithne 43
    Alexander 34
    Lloyd 31
    Fighters 23
    Crystal 18
    Shazad 17
    Mages 15

Vael, M., & Ryukk, go ahead and post. Then I'll post for the fighters and crystal, then shazad will go. I'll end the round with the mages.

Here's a link to the map.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Lloyd

"I see... Very well. It seems we should try and fix that." Focused on the crystal, Lloyd points a hand towards it and releases a thin green ray. He keeps an eye on the warforged and fey. This was outside the norm, best to be careful and keep ones guard up. In his most private recess of his mind though, he could hardly contain his excitement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Quicken Cast a Disintegrate at the Crystal. If it'll be treated as an object, this will destroy a 10ft cube and get us closer to the figure. If it is treated as a creature, it'll take (44d6)[157] damage on a failed DC 29 Fortitude Save. In case it has SR: (1d20+27)[29]. Attack Roll: (1d20+38)[52], on a successful save: (5d6)[22]

Standard: Ready an action -> If any of the Warforged move within 20ft of him with a hostile intent, Lloyd will hit them with a Channeled Vampiric Touch:

Attack with Persistent Thunderlance: (1d20+50)[58]
    Damage: (3d8+33)[45]
    Vampiric Touch (10d6)[39]
    SR: (1d20+27)[38]

Note: If possible, I'd like him to attack while still holding the staff, the thunderlance manifesting over it. If this is impossible, then he'll attack with 1 Hand, and his damage will drop by 7.
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2011-01-28 at 11:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alexander

Alexander hasn't gotten this far without knowing when a fight's about to start, and by the time the creature finishes speaking he's already on the move. As he springs into motion, a pair of great leathery wings erupt from his back, his fingernails extend into ironlike claws, and the horns of a ram grow out from his skull - all in the space of a second or two.
    With his eyes glowing like burning coals and the cloying scent of brimstone filling the air around him, he streaks through the air at the flying warforged like hellish lightning, a fiery sword appearing in his hands as he reaches the nearest one.
    Head flying, teeth gnashing, wings buffeting, and sword swinging, he fights like a man possessed.

Spoiler
    Show

--Non-action: My aura of misfortune is constantly active. I've currently got it set to Recklessness, so all opponents within 90' who have line of effect to me take a -8 luck penalty to AC and cannot take 5-foot steps.
    Furthermore, spellcasters affected by this aura take a -8 circumstance penalty to caster level, and must make a DC 38 Will save or be unable to use their highest-level spells until they leave the aura's area of effect.
    Anyone affected by the aura who attempts to use a spell, spell-like ability, psionic power, psi-like ability or mystery (provided it is used as a spell or spell-like ability) that provides any kind of bonus must make a DC 51 concentration check or botch the spell/ability/power.
    -- Swift action: I start by reallocating my essentia - new allocations can be found on my sheet.
    -- Free action: I activate Epic Divine Might, which gives me +30 weapon damage for 30 rounds.
    --Full-round action: I'll make a flying charge to square M5, 40' up in the air. My current essentia investment gives me perfect maneuverability, for reference. From that square, I'll attack the warforged in square N5.
    -I have Pounce from my pact with Chupoclops, so I can make a full attack. For this purpose I can use my Incarnate Weapon (longsword), a bite, my horns, and 2 wings.
    -I'll use shock trooper to power attack with a -5 penalty to AC and +5 bonus to damage. Charging also gives me an additional -2 AC and +2 attack. Total modified AC is currently 51.
    -All successful attacks deal an additional (1d6)[5] fire, (1d6)[2] cold, (1d6)[2] electric, (1d6)[3] acid, and (2d6)[6] force damage from Eligor's chromatic strike. All attacks also benefit from the Ghost Touch weapon property.
    These statistics are not consistent with the ones on my sheet - my sheet does not include the effects of essentia invested in vestiges or soulmelds.
    Longsword attack 1: (1d20+55)[64], damage (1d8+65)[73]
    Longsword attack 2: (1d20+50)[70], damage (1d8+65)[71]
    Longsword attack 3: (1d20+45)[46], damage (1d8+65)[68]
    Longsword attack 4: (1d20+40)[41], damage (1d8+65)[72]
    Bite attack: (1d20+49)[57], damage (1d4+66)[69]
    Horn attack: (1d20+49)[57], damage (1d6+72)[75] plus (1d8)[6]
    Wing 1 attack: (1d20+53)[55], damage (2d6+76)[79]
    Wing 2 attack: (1d20+53)[60], damage (2d6+76)[85]

That should put a dent in its HP.

--Free action: I use Dire Curse of the Fateless on the warforged in square N11. If it fails a DC 38 Will Save, it has a 50% chance to be unable to act every round for the remainder of the encounter and for 23 rounds afterwards.

That concludes my action this round!
    Last edited by M. Mayonnaise; 2011-01-28 at 04:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Can you feel the drumming of the earth? The chorus of the wind amongst the trees?

As the Knight of Samhain leaps into action, her voice raises above the clashing warriors. It is a battle cry, a primal expression of savage joy, and a weird melody that twines through the surreal landscape they have found themselves in. Haunting and terrible, it echoes through the glade as she lunges towards the warforged.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Activate Snowflake Wardance.
    Free Action: Designate Eldritch Sword as an Ex ability (Woven Reality)

Swift Action: Child of Shadow stance

Move Action: Fly to M10.

Standard Action: Diamond Nightmare Blade
    Attack Roll: (1d20+59)[69] (vs touch AC)
    Concentration Check vs AC: (1d20+43)[61]
    Damage: (14d6+36)[76]
    If the concentration check succeeds, multiply that damage by 4.

Further, Aithne applies the Binding and Utterdark essences to her attack.
    It must make a Fortitude save and a Will save, at DC 38 and DC 37 respectively. Will save is mind affecting.
    If he fails the Fort save, he takes 2 negative levels. If he fails the will save, he is stunned for one round.

20. - Top - End - #110

The warforged crumples under Alexander's fierce attacks while the other one is stunned by Aithne's blow and drops his spear, though he still lives. The two other warforged flap their wings and streak towards Alexander, their twisted metal spears flashing as they strike at him. One of their blows leaves him open and exposed, enabling the other warforged to strike him again. They dart back towards the crystal and hover over it.

The crystal flashes a solid blue when Lloyd's green ray strikes it, disintegrating a large section of it. In response the crystal pulses and a wave of energy sweeps out, knocking into Aithne and weakening her. A single beam of energy lashes out from the heart of the crystal towards Alexander but it crackles and dissipates when it strikes him.

Spoiler
    Show

Round 1

Aithne 43
    Alexander 34
    Lloyd 31
    Fighters 23
    Crystal 18

Shazad 17
    Mages 15

It's Shazad's turn. Map is updated.

21. - Top - End - #111

Fixed in next post. Ignore me.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2011-01-30 at 06:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

Rolls corrected now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Battle Summary:

Battle Stances Already On (because those are the ones he uses all the time): All Oncoming Storm Stances (except Dance of Razors), Angel's Edge Stance (from Angel of Death), Balance on the Sky, Hearing the Air.

Free Action: Draw Weapon.

Move Action of 60 feet towards the pyramid.

Swift Action: Shadow Blink to S4, right next to the mage.

Standard Action: Dual Strike with Enervating Shadow Strike and Sudden Death Strike, is also considered a touch attack and will be blurstriked for flatfootedness. Get a one additional attack against the same target.

Target has to make two Fort saves now at DC 25 and DC 29, and one next round at DC 34.

First one is against gaining 1d4=2 negative levels, second is versus death attack, third is also versus death attack. If the third save is made, target takes (15d6)[50] damage instead.

Attack is (1d20+58)[77] If Crit, confirmation is (1d20+58)[71].
    Damage is (4d6+43)[5][6][5][6](65) + 78 + 15 + 6.(First d6 is rapier damage, second is cold damage, third is cold damage, fourth is vampiric, last 6 is Magebane damage) If Crit, he also takes (25d6+78=164). Next round, he also takes sneak attack damage of 67.
    Hide Check (versus everyone else's Spot) - 66

Second Attack is (1d20+58)[71] If Crit, confirmation is (1d20+58)[76].
    Damage is (4d6+43)[54]

Free Action- Activates Robilar's Gambit. Enemy gets a +4 on atk and dam against Shazad on every attack, each attack provokes an attack of opportunity from him.

Silently, Shazad's rapier springs to his hand even as he runs silently across the ground towards the crystal pyramid, before disappearing into a wisp of shadow.

He then explodes out of one of the floating construct's shadows, even up in the air as it is.

His blade, wreathed in frost and shadow, appears to barely scratch the construct as Shazad stands upon the air almost cowering in its shadow...

(If it dies before his next turn)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shazad barely reaches out and grabs onto the hulking mass, arresting its fall and using it to hide behind, even as he spots his next victim....
    Last edited by Zarthrax; 2011-01-30 at 06:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Shazad's blade slips through the cloud of crystals that surround the warforged and pierces it through the back, a foot of steel poking out of the doomed mages chest. As the constructs body goes limp the cloud of crystals that surround him explodes, sending countless razor-sharp bits of glass and crystal outward. Ducking behind the dead mages body Shazad avoids all of the crystals, coming out without a scratch.

Aithne
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your spell sight shows that as the death attack.

The remaining mage doesn't even turn his head to watch his companion crumble. He merely raises both his hands and points one each at Aithne and Alexander. Two batches of crystals split off from the orbiting cloud and race towards them but scatter far before reaching either target.

Aithne
    Spoiler
    Show
    The shards that split off and tried to attack you and Alexander carried both Evocation and Enchantment magics.

All
    Spoiler
    Show

End of Round 1.

Round 2.

Aithne 43 [Currently Exhausted]
    Alexander 34 [153 damage]
    Lloyd 31
    Fighters 23 [2 dead, 1 stunned, 1 alive]
    Crystal 18
    Shazad 17
    Mages 15 [1 dead, 1 alive]

Map.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Lloyd

"Hmm, my apologies Knight Samhain, perhaps his majesty can wait." He calmly walks forward as he cracks his neck. He raises his hand and makes three orbs of fire burst out. In an instant, he flings them at the remaining mage as he readies his staff. Similarly, a white sphere grows from its tip and with a measured swing Lloyd sends it flying at the same mage as well. He watches the fireworks from afar.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Epic Evocation Virtue comes into play here, Evocation spells of second level and lower are automatically quickened. In addition, the die size goes up by one step for any Evocation spell Lloyd casts.

Move: Step into H12

Free: Cunning Breech - 2 Inspiration points to avoid any SR against 1 foe for 1 round.

Swift: Scorching Ray
    Ray 1 - (1d20+38)[50]
    Damage - (4d8+5)[19] Fire (only halved by immunity)
    Ray 2 - (1d20+38)[57]
    Damage - (4d8+5)[19] Fire (only halved by immunity)
    Ray 3 - (1d20+38)[47]
    Damage - (4d8+5)[22] Fire (only halved by immunity)

Standard: Intensified Freezing Sphere (With 2 Inspiration points spent instead of charges from the staff), 20ft radius burst centered on T12. DC 29 Reflex or take 240 Cold damage (30d8).

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Aithne

Aithne seems uncaring of the sudden lethargy that has set in, and simply leaps further into battle. She flies past the dazed creature behind her, and instead streaks towards another enemy, lashing out with a flurry of arcing strikes from the pointed tip of spear. Black streaks seem to follow its movement, crumbling from the blade like rotting leaves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: Dancing Blade Form
    Full-Round Action: Pouncing Charge

Moving to 08 and attacking the warforged at Q7.
    Her Eldritch Essences are both Utterdark Blast. For each attack that hits, he must make two DC 38 saves, and for each save he fails, he takes 2 negative levels. So, potentially 4 negative levels for each attack.

The attacks are touch attacks, as normal.

Attack One: (1d20+58)[72]
    Attack Two: (1d20+58)[72]
    Attack Three: (1d20+53)[69]
    Attack Four: (1d20+48)[61]
    Attack Five: (1d20+43)[45]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alexander

Alexander takes several hits, but he seems to shrug them aside. A ghastly red glow emanates from the breaks in his skin where the warforgeds' spears cut him - breaks in his skin that seem to be slowly closing themselves. Flashes of red light erupt from his eyes, lighting on one of the warforged that had attacked him and the last remaining mage.

Fixing a lethal glare on the warforged that had attacked him, he clenches his left hand into a fist in front of him and pulls backwards, as though ripping its heart out from afar. A shadowy mass envelops the warforged, seeming to press in on it from all sides before suddenly dissipating.

He turns in midair towards the stunned warforged Aithne had left behind and takes off at an incredible speed towards it. As he reaches the warforged he brings his sword up from left to right, swinging with such force it seems likely he'll slice the construct in half.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: Use Dire Curse of the Fateless on the warforged in Q3 and S11 - one of my epic abilities makes me able to target two creatures at once. On a failed save (Will DC 38), the warforged in Q3 will take a permanent -8 penalty to attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, ability checks and skill checks. If the warforged in S11 fails the same save, it will have its Intelligence reduced to 1 until the end of the encounter and for 23 hours thereafter.
    Swift action: Use Hex of Ending Fate on the warforged in Q3. If it fails a second DC 38 Will save, it dies instantly. If it succeeds, it is no longer under the effects of Dire Curse of the Fateless. I can't use this ability on it if it succeeds on its save against Dire Curse.
    Full-round action: Charge to M10, from which I make a full attack (pounce) against the warforged in N11. Power attack with shock trooper for -15 AC and +15 damage. Charging gives me an additional -2 AC and +2 damage.
    All attacks deal an additional (1d6)[2] fire, (1d6)[6] cold, (1d6)[1] electric, (1d6)[3] acid, and (2d6)[9] force damage from Chromatic Strike.

Longsword attack 1: (1d20+53)[55], damage (1d8+87)[94]
    Longsword attack 2: (1d20+48)[66], damage (1d8+87)[89]
    Longsword attack 3: (1d20+43)[62], damage (1d8+87)[92]
    Longsword attack 4: (1d20+38)[51], damage (1d8+87)[92]
    Bite attack: (1d20+57)[69], damage (1d6+71)[76]
    Horn attack: (1d20+57)[70], damage (1d4+71)[73] plus (1d8)[8]
    Wing 1 attack: (1d20+61)[81], damage (2d6+75)[81]
    Wing 2 attack: (1d20+61)[76], damage (2d6+75)[78]

Non-action: My fast healing heals 18 points of damage.