New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Don't forget Tarquin's atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by krossbow View Post
    I think a good question to supposit here is, do good and evil deeds "weigh" against one another?
    Even if you don't, D&D (and OotS) generally does--look at the deva's interview with Roy for an example of good and evil deeds being measured against each other.

Having said that, I'm personally of the opinion that there are some deeds too evil for any good act to atone for--e.g. after watching the prequels I don't believe Darth Vader's act in killing the Emperor in any way compensated for his pre-meditated murder of a temple full of young children. In a similar way I don't believe anything good Tarquin has done or could ever do, even if he were inclined to do anything like that, would compensate for the evil we already know he's perpetrated.

2. - Top - End - #32
    The Big Footprint Administrator

Default Re: Don't forget Tarquin's atrocities.

Hey, look. It's a not-even-thinly-veiled, "Is Tarquin morally justified?" thread with a sprinkle of real-world political references thrown in for seasoning.

Locked.
    The above words represent the consensus of the entire Giant in the Playground staff, including the moderators, the webmaster, and Rich Burlew.

(The PM box for this account is not regularly monitored; please direct any PMs to the forum staff to Roland St. Jude, the forum guru. Do send moderator applications to this account, though, as directed in the announcement thread. Thank you.)