New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: West Marches IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: West Marches IC

Direna follows her companion from the store, still considering what sorts of things might be going on in the town that she could capitalize on. Although personal power was her current focus, Direna was planning on expanding the Technique to other things, so sooner or later she would need experience in political associations.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan looks around the room, making mental notes of the faces, returning the nod to Aion. "It is an honor to meet you Aion. Cedric neglected to mention that there was a warforged amongst Bahamut's faithful in this city, though it gladdens my heart to see any who count themselves amongst the Platinum King's followers. I take it there are at least a few who are not present?"

Spoiler
    Show
    If there isn't an obvious outward sign, detect evil on the room, just in case, and on another note: I just realized your name is a 40k reference.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Erin and Direna

Saying bye to Natasha, you both exit the shop. Erin leads Direna on to the front of the Mercenaries' Guildhouse. Perhaps stereotypically, you're greeted with a menacing stare from a hulking ogre in full plate with a halberd.

Kevnan

Aion gives you a nod. Glancing at Cedric, who gives a nod, he speaks. " Indeed. Many of my kind have not begun to follow any gods, yet, I recognize the Platinum Dragon as the guidance I seek in a world where I have no purpose. Forged in war, I see Lord Bahamut in the blades of the faithful, the glint in the eyes of the good, the shield of faith that protects us from evil. " He says. " In his honor, I wield a blade of Platinum. It is so heavy only I can wield it, yet its blows strike hard against enemies of good. "

" Ariel has not yet returned from her trip with Draen, they will arrive soon. " He finishes.

Spoiler
    Show

Long speech.

Guess what, he has a name, a backstory and a personality. You know what this means, right?

Detect Evil fails to show anything. They are, not evil. Do you conceal your casting?

And finally, yeah, it is. Like the new avatar?
    Last edited by Cadian 9th; 2011-02-17 at 02:15 AM.
    Awesome Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins!

Retired from active duty

It means I am rarely on this site anymore. It's been an honor serving with you all.

PEACH

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan nods and smiles. "Well, I am glad to have you as a brother Aion, and I hope that the rest will soon find their way, if not to our Lord, then to one of his allies." His face grows more serious. "And I'm sorry to hear that two among you are not present, do you know when they might return? I hear you do not yet have a leader among you, and I would prefer to only have to explain my presence once if possible."

Spoiler
    Show
    He's a recurring NPC, probably 2-3 times my level?

And I'm only using it if there is not visible effect of it (there's nothing either way in the PH), as you said, part of a Gray Guard's duty is finding evil that hides amongst good.

Yup, just embarrassed I didn't realize it sooner.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Kevnan

" Many of my fellows joined the Lord of Blades, yet others joined the becoming god. It pains me I must take arms against former comrades from the last war... Such is the price for upholding our cause. " Aion replies.

" They will return in an hour or so. " Says Cedric.

Retired from active duty

It means I am rarely on this site anymore. It's been an honor serving with you all.

PEACH

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan sighs slightly. "No one ever said that following your own path would be easy, and it seldom ever is." He turns to Cedric, thinking for a moment. "Then I shall wait. Please, tell me everything you know about the city and the surrounding wilderness. Start with confirmed facts, then move on to the rumors and hearsay."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Kevnan

Cedric gives you a slightly blank look. " There is a lot to tell. Perhaps we can discuss this over time, have you eaten? " He says. He looks tired, but draconic vigor probably sustains him past his race's normal endurance.

Retired from active duty

PEACH

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

He shakes his head and smiles at Cedric. "It has been a while, but I'm not hungry at this time. Please, if you wish to rest and have something to eat, do so. While faith may sustain the spirit, it does little if the body can not keep up. Aion, perhaps you can give me what information you've discovered?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

Aion nods with characteristic calmness. Cedric gives you a "Been a long day and I'll catch up with you later" look, crosses to the table and starts fetching himself a drink before starting to cook. Aion beckons you further into the dwelling to a kind of office, where sheets of paper adorn desks. In the corner of the room a long, silver haired girl sketches a diagram (Some sort of runic circle) with a pencil. She's a young, pale human.

Aion takes you on a tour. He describes the state of things, how they are remaining secret in these times - in order to better combat enemies of the Platinum Dragon, wether they be the spawn of Tiamat or agents of other evil.

" This is currently our largest threat, a foul servant of darkness who draws strength from the shadows around him. " Aion says, pointing out a sketch of the creature. Humanoid in shape, a black cloak swirls behind him as a veil of darkness shrouds his form. In one hand, a scepter of green fire is brandished. In the other, a blade of shimmering colors protudes from his forearm, about as long as a rapier and as deadly looking.

Next to the drawing are several writings pertaining to observations of this enemy, including some logs that look like dairy entries. " We don't know his original race, yet we know his exposure to this land and his dark gifts have warped his body beyond roots of any race known. "

You notice another drawing, of a swarm of bettles with the caption " The Metal Swarm. " A detail of an individual beetle is shown, a hard metallic thing with glowing red eyes and a melted looking mouth.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Pausing here to give you a chance to respond.

Retired from active duty

PEACH

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan frowns, studying the images, especially the scepter, before shaking his head. "I'm afraid I can't tell you much more on these other than this..." He indicates the scepter, before looking at Aion. "Has some sort of religious significance. I don't believe that it has any connection to Bahamut or his allies however. If we can find out which deity it belongs to, we'll probably have a good clue on the identity of the wielder, or at least some idea of where to find him."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

Aion glances at Kevnan, tilting his head. By now you've realised this is one of his ways of expressing interest, as his facial expression ability is... limited. " Interesting... I thought it to be magical, of the arcane, possibly crafted by the figure himself... " He says. He relays this information to the silver haired girl, who you notice has pure, white eyes, with no pupils.

Retired from active duty

PEACH

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan watches, saying nothing for the moment, observing their faces while they speak with one another.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the short post, just couldn't think of much for him to do at the moment.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

The two talk for a minute, then Aion turns to you again. The girl leaves the room. " You have given us much to think about. What you consider pausing this tour for now and joining in our discussion, in the main room? " he asks.

Retired from active duty

PEACH

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan nods. "Certainly, though I thought we were waiting on the return of Ariel and Draen?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

Aion nods his head. " Verity, the pale girl, has received word that they are in the city. They'll be here very soon. " He says. Kevnan hears movement over in the main room.

Retired from active duty

PEACH

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan nods. "Ah good, glad to hear it..." The half-dragon turns to the other room when he hears movement. "In fact, I think they might be here now. Shall we go look Aion?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, could have sworn I'd responded already

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

DM

Aion agrees, bringing you to the main room. Cedric is sitting, going through some papers. The human woman is serving up mild food while the elven male who had been there earlier is eating a small meal thoughtfully, his slanted eyes staring off into space. He's removed his thin plates of armor.

The draconic male human is nursing to a deep tanned, almost black skinned elf, who you presume to be Draen. The elf has a long, recurve bow on the table next to him, and has black hair, bright eyes. He wears more or less thin clothing, a few daggers at his belt and a heavy tome bound to his belt by a loop of leather. He glances over at you and gives a slight smile before wincing as the draconic male removes the elf's bracer, revealing a gash.

The halfling cleric is chanting and holding a silver holy symbol over probably the most beautiful human you've ever seen. Smooth, flawless, skin, long, red hair and a perfect body are the main factors, however your eye is drawn by some incredible force of personality. As you watch, her closed eyes are strained as open wounds close and color is restored to her exposed wound areas. She's wearing leathers and has a long sheath on her belt, which fits the profile of a long, thin blade resting on the table to the side. A few scrolls are looped to her belt, and on the table also is a canister, of the sort that could hold a small package or letter.

Her eyes open, and you are immediately disconcerted - they're very blue, but when she blinks you see lingers of complete black. It must be Ariel.

" Ariel, Draen. Cedric, Kevnan has some information to share. " Aion says. You notice he glanced a few times at his sword, which is leaning against the wall near the fireplace, as he came in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies thanks for sticking round
    Last edited by Cadian 9th; 2011-06-22 at 09:59 PM.

Retired from active duty

PEACH

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Kevnan nods to both of them. "A pleasure, if you need any help with healing them, please let me know." He waits while they're seen to, taking a relaxed stance if he's not needed. Once their wounds have closed, and they sit up, he looks to them. "I see you ran into some trouble, do you have anything to report?"
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.