Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,439 of 1439
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: 2125 (IC)

To Bahumat:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anything in orbit will also notice a gigantic space station getting into position as well as literally thousands of ships holding position in orbit above. A few of the smaller ships are already beginning their descent into Indonesia.

All of my ships are shielded against RADAR as well as optically cloaked, but I assume that doesn't matter in space since you can at least see their engine trails.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Triumvirate to Austria
    Spoiler
    Show

''What do you think on Egyptian Gods asking to send a team to Olympic Games? We'd also like to discuss the possibility of becoming the official sponsors of the games.''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

United Commonwealth

The Commonwealth declares it is standing with Syria in the current crisis, rolling out the same old argument, that Syria would be utterly foolish to be provoking Iran, given Iran's military might. The Commonwealth urges both sides to come to the negotiating table, but says it is prepared to intervene, if Syria is attacked unjustly.

In a similar vein, the Head of the Commonwealth, former minister Montgomery, expresses his desire to meet the Scottish nationalists at the negotiating table.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-10-16 at 04:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Space Station Omega, over Indonesia

"Commander, targets are locked, ready to fire on your order"

"Now!"

And with that order every ship in the European space fleet, connected by thire mind-machine interfaces opened fire, painting the evening sky with lights. A few moments later the Australian fleet joins in with their own barrage. Though both fleets are conveniently invisible, an observer can't help but see where the projectiles are coming from. Both fleets appear to be evenly matched.

The Indonesian pirates return fire with their own weapons, but are heavily outnumbered and out-gunned.

"The shields are holding at full power. It looks like this is going to be a cakewalk."

"Commander, we have a bogey incoming."

"Where?"

"It's approaching from Africa and damn is it going fast. Thirty seconds and closing."

"Can we identify?"

"No sir, there's some sort of interference."

"Communications?"

"They're not responding."

"Fifteen seconds to impact"

"Open fire! All batteries!"

For a fraction of a second there was silence, as the weapons targeted on Indonesia turned their attentions skyward. Then their barrage resumed, hundreds of bolts blasting away at the unidentified ship

"It's still coming!"

"Evasive manoeuvres!"

A deep orange filled the sky, momentarily shrouding the entire battlefield in light. A vast wave of heat and pressure rushes outwards in all directions, enveloping dozens of ships, ripping apart their hulls with shocking ease. The cloaking on Space Station Omega fails as it blasts apart into a hundred pieces. All in all it is quite a spectacular display. The first use of a completely fusion powered nuclear weapon. Courtesy of the Islamic Republic.

Australia and the Eurasian Federation lose - military each.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-10-16 at 05:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Triumvirate

On Fusion Bomb Launch

''The latest attack accentuates our call for creation of WMD Proliferation Commission. Yet again a high-tech WMD weapon strikes. Something must be done and we mustn't delay action.

We would also like to propose dissolution of the encumbered and ineffective Nuclear Disarmament Commission. Under the leadership of United Commonwealth it has failed to prevent multiple nuclear weapons attacks or track down the culprits. The organization is a drain out resources and it produces no results in such vital cause as protection of the world against nuclear weapons.
    ''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

United Commonwealth

A short statement is released, on the matter brought up by the Triumvirate
    "I must clarify a few things. The NDC is, was, and remains an independent body, contributed to, but not directly run by, any world government. In addition, the Commonwealth is no longer a contributing member of the NDC, due to the reasons outlined by the Triumvirate."
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2011-10-19 at 07:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

The Eurasian Federation to the Islamic Republic:
    Spoiler
    Show

What the ****?

Explain yourselves immediately.

Old EF nuclear silos open up again, with strategic bombers taking flight over the nation. Submarines change their courses. The EF no longer has a nuclear stockpile, but that does not mean they do not possess weapons of mass destruction.

((So I lost Omega? Entirely?))
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-10-17 at 09:01 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Islamic Republic

"We offer our condolences to the brave men and women who died today over Indonesia. We did not order the launch, an outside force hacked into our systems. We will endeavour to ensure this does not happen again."

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Bugbear in the Playground

APC

It is our pleasure to announce that at last, with the generous help of Madagascar, the EA, and the Triumvirate, the Psionic Shielding Technology has been completed. It is up for sale for anyone who wishes to buy it. There is no profit margin included in the prices of these shields either.

Freemasons

Sanctum (PM level)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for informing us. We ourselves suspect the Triumvirate and the Eurasian Federation the most. Our intelligence is occupied with other issues currently, but as soon as possible we will begin investigating the issue.

[I don't think you did, but I'm not sure. I might've forgotten. Either way, I'm willing to help as soon as I can. And EF does have a reason from my point of view- they are imperialistic and want power at all costs.

note this is OOC by the way]

Triumvirate, Madagascar, EA
    Would you be willing to firther help the APC by contributing economicaly so we can begin distributing these Shields for further reduced prices, or even free of charge? It is our goal that anyone who desires protection from Psionics should have access to it, as this is the first force we have discovered that can truly take someone's freedom from them.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

The Great Fleet would like to pledge a portion of its resources to help reduce the price of the PST in 6 months time.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Triumvirate to Economic Council & Madagascar [+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Triumvirate and Madagascar's appeal to the nations of the world fell on the deaf ears, as major powers are too busy waging wars or reluctant to give up their deadly toys.
    I would say everyone present here prefers peace over war and doesn't wish for WMDs on daily basis, as is happening right now. But what can we do?

We have no powerful militaries to force our will on the world. We have no Espionage to manipulate the world as we wish. All we have is the trust of the people. So I say we use the tools we have and appeal directly to the people of the world. The upcoming Olympic Games, an ancient symbol of peace can be the opportunity to make our message heard.

I propose to launch a global cultural movement ''Reason'' to stop the development and spread of the WMDs and unethical technologies, such as mind-control.
    ''

[Religion Rules. We spend about 50% WO to get the movement started and then support it as religion.]

Reason's Plan
    1. Inform: Make the nations of the world reveal their WMD arsenals.
    2. Control: Make the nations of the world implement stronger protection of their WMDs, prevent dangerous trade of WMD technology.
    3. Reduce: Make the nations of the worlds reduce military budgets.
    4. Eliminate: Make the nations of the world give up WMDs.

Triumvirate to Iran [+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We are concerned about the recent attack on EF and the possibility of war between Islamic Republic and EF. What would you stance be on such developments?''
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2011-10-17 at 03:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Argentina to the Economic Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be entirely frank, while the other members of the economic council may be doing well in recent months we are not. The super volcano did not just affect Brazil, but all of South America including our own people. These suggestions are all well and good, but when our own infrastructure is literally in danger of collapse due to natural disaster it is hard to justify investing in completely unrelated projects to our shareholders. Especially as new projects keep being proposed before the old ones are actually resolved.

OOC: Also there's the fact that I'm a major proponent of the Orthodox Christian religion and have invested heavily in their growth. And due to the ways religions work the Reason religion would be cutting into my own efforts. And just when I've finally got the Orthodox Protestants growing again. I can't really say that IC because it doesn't make a lot of sense IC that supporting Reason would cut into another Religion, but that's how it actually works. So if the economic nations go through with reason it would put us in direct competition. Something I'd rather not have happen.

Argentina to the Triumvirate
    Spoiler
    Show
    As we have already said to the Economic council we are already donating massive amounts of resources to helping Brazil, and our own affected regions, survive the super volcano. We would of course welcome any support you are willing to give though.

Argentina to the Ottomans
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your cybernetics developments are most interesting. Especially as our previous purchase from you has born some fruit. We are wondering if you could develop some form of package that made humans tougher and more resistant to harsh environments. We would be willing to purchase such a package for the use of our disaster relief teams in their efforts to access areas that have been devastated by the super volcano. As well as normal prosthetic to help those survivors who were injured by the eruption.

Argentina to Venezuela
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as the super volcano has devastated the rest of South America we are worried that it has affected you as well. Our own efforts are are already coordinated with Mexico and Brazil so while we have still taken damage it has been slightly alleviated. You on the other hand do have that support so we are worried that you suffered more damage than us. We are willing to coordinate our damage control efforts with you if you wish.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2011-10-17 at 07:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

Why Alsandra is Queen
    After a short and brief look, it has been confirmed that fish populations has been dwindling. Sanctum has not discovered the source (so it claims).

Alsandra arrives in person to the largest of the riots. Cameras can see that some new type of battlsuit has been developed by Sanctum, roughly eight-feet tall. The more knoledgeable onlooker can clearly see that Sanctum has been having fun combining the technology its gained through trades with several nations and combining it into one suit. It is merely for show as when Alsandra speaks, a wave of psychic energy rushes through the crowds, immediately stopping the rioting, at least for the moment.

"Unacceptable! We are at war, and you would make an enemy of yourself within our own hallowed walls. This is not the way of Progressionism, this is not the way of Sanctum. We have reached out of the abyss of an industrial hell to become a shining example to all nations. Lay down your arms. All will be fed in my kingdom. All will be assisted."

The Oceanic Conference
    Sanctum calls upon several nations to come together for an Oceanic Conference. The main topics of the conference include Indonesia, the dwindling fish populations, food riots, regaining peace in the area, and the Great Fleet. Other topics may be brought up.

Invited members are as follows
    -Eurasian Federation
    -USAus
    -USAm (also it is asked of USAm to help with the starvation riots)
    -Madagascar (same)
    -Argentina
    -United Commonwealth
    -Holy See

GM Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two research projects to be focused on now. The first is rebuilding the psionics program. The second is making the Cherubim, Nephalim, and Seraphim have amphibious capabilities.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Barbarian in the Playground

Madagascar to Economic Council:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madagascar agrees with this sentiment - we'll support Reason to the best of our ability.

OOC: Although don't expect my full WO. I got things I need to do with that. Half of it though, sure.

Madagascar to Sanctum and all invitees of this Oceanic Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Madagascar accepts this invitation to the Oceanic Council.

Madagascar to Freemasons
    Unfortunately all of our funds are currently devoted to our efforts with world hunger. When that is complete, and if you still need funding, we'll assist you.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

To razovor/ArcaneStomper
    Spoiler
    Show

Can we get some sort of ''religion alliance'' here? My goal is to use the game mchanics to simulate the protest movements against WMDs globally, not steal followers of religions. I'm not exactly making this cultural movement for a direct gain for Triumvirate, just to screw everybody else with WMDs.

I mean it makes sense for religions (or atheist movements) to compete, but protesting WMDs and faith in Protestant Church don't exactly conflict.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Iranian News, December 17th

"At 8:00 am this morning, The Iranian Government officially withdrew their demands of compensation from Syria. Syrian and Iraian officials meet to discuss the repayment plan for Iran."

"Unfortunately, while these discussions was commencing, at attack was made on a Syrian fusion power plant. Fifteen people died, but fortunately the facility did not go into meltdown. The culprits of the attack have been taken into custody and identified as Syrian Intelligence Agents."

"The Syrian government dies any involvement with the attack, claiming these agents to be part of a terrorist splinter faction, hoping to blame the attack on Iran. The Syrian government swears to investigate and find those responsible for ordering the attack. The Ottoman Empire have offered their assistance in the investigation."

Communications

Ottomans to Argentina [0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We could certainly try to create such. We'll get on it straight away."

Venezuela to Argentina
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Fortunately our own efforts were enough to prevent damage this season. Unfortunately the volcano persists in it's assault. We can not sustain this forever, we will gladly accept your help."

Ottoman Empire to USAm [0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Certainly. We've been upgrading them constantly, and have several versions. We can offer you the first for [++++ t.econ] "

New Germany To Triumvirate [+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The rebel faction in Egypt has the support of their people, and for that reason we consider them the better choice to rule the country. We would gladly accept their team, as a symbol of our support."

"And of course, you will be the official sponsor of the games"

Iran to Triumvirate [+++++]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would of course not want war to be fought between anyone. Sometimes the situation warrants it, but I do not think these one of those cases. The Islamic Republic is certainly a bit...stubborn... but they need not be a threat to global peace."

Egyptian Government to Madagascar
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will of course accept your help, thank you"

Councils

Economic Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Financial Security Network

Greenland, Alaska and the Eden Arcologies agree to contribute to the Network.

Tanzania and Brazil claim their resources are all occupied combating the Volcano in Brazil

Reason:

(I'll put reason down as a special cause, so it doesn't interfere with other religions.)

Greenland, Tanzania, Alaska, Brazil and the Eden Arcologies agree to promote the cause.

United Nations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The United Nations unanimously accepts Sanctum into their ranks.

The United Nations votes on whether to declare joint military action against the Great Fleet;

For (8): Austria, Gibraltar, Japan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Ottoman Empire, Tanzania, Mexico

Against (1): Greenland ~ "We will not support violence in any circumstance"

Abstain (7): CAR, Iran, Alaska, Islamic Republic, Syria, Venezuela, Brazil

The United Nations votes on whether to investigate WMD's:

For (9): Austria, Gibraltar, Greenland, Alaska, Mongolia, Ottoman Empire, Mexico, Syria, Venezuela

Against (2): Islamic Republic, Iran ~ "We do not consider WMD to be a threat"

Abstain (4): CAR, Japan, Kazakstan, Brazil

Oceanic Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Holy See agrees to attend the conference.
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-10-22 at 08:16 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

Argentina [+++++ -]

To Ottomans
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. We can only hope that your efforts will be done in time to help us save more lives.

To Venezuela
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will begin combining your efforts with our own as soon as possible. Together we will overcome this disaster.

UN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Argentina Abstains from the vote on whether to declare joint military action against the Great Fleet.

Argentina Abstains from the vote on whether to investigate WMDS.

Oceanic Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    Argentina will send a representative.

Economic Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    We agree to help promote Reason.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

The Oceanic Conference

The Eurasian Federation will be sending a high-level representative.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

The Great Fleet

Why Alsandra is Queen

Here is a perfect example of why we fight and hate Alsandra so much. She is capable of surpressing her people's free will with a thought! Denying them the very ability to oppose her and protest against being neglected. She is a demon who oppresses her people's very thoughts and pushes constantly for the destruction of the most free people on Earth!

The people of the Great Fleet are and always will be ultimately free. We will defend our freedom to death and we will not allow the demon to contaminate the ocean with her lies! The demon flaunts her power to the world complacent that no one has the power or will to stand up to her! That she can easily manipulate or control others to bolster her own power.

To UN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that Sanctum has joined the UN will any of you actually investigate our claims against them?

To Holy See
    Spoiler
    Show
    You say we are protected by the power of the devil and ignore our attempts to discuss this with you. However you must admit we have never forced anyone to join us, or even lied to our members of our church. Yet you accept Alsandra who can force people to be her worshipers? A demon, or whatever you want to call her, who can deny people their god given free will?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

Oceanic Council (I want to get this finished before EOT, so anyone invited who has not declared they will come can retcon)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Oceanic Council is held in one of Sanctum's northern cities, away from the capital, and most of the internal conflicts. As its name suggests, it is by the coast.

Representatives get a new, close look at what Sanctum's military research has developed. New mechanical suits line up the walkways as a defense force. At first glance, it is clear to see that fusion technology, Japan's lgithweight armor system, and a few others have been incorporated. No doubt the cost for these war machines is high, but no doubt each one is well worth the cost in these times.

Alsandra herself is at the meeting, overlooking the proceedings.
    People with psionics as representatives only
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is not using her powers to read minds, or anything else.

However, Alsandra is not the angel she once was. Dark rings are under her eyes, and she seems paler than before. She is also not nearly as warm in her demeanor, coming across as somewhat distant and cold. Recent events have taken their tole and the so-called 'perfect being' questioning that title.

"Honored guests, I thank you for coming here in Sanctum's time of need. It is clear that those present are true friends." She pauses after the last two words, lettign them sink in. "Sanctum has brought itself out of the depths of the nightmare that befell it last century, when the entire world was lost in chaos. Yet, despite all our progress we stand on the brink of annihilation. Internal problems whose origins we are unaware of seek to destabilize us. The fanatical Great Fleet continues to pursue its quest of reckless war, throwing its military might against us again and again, scarring its hands time and time again, each time leaving cracks in our gate that begin to run deeper and deeper.

"Sanctum cannot survive in a perpetual state of war against a force so willing to destroy itself in the process, so unwilling to forge a peace which it intends to abide by." The last comment was in reference of Sanctum and the Great Fleet's failed treaty. It has been Sanctum's main two arguments against the Fleet that it clearly included portions of the treaty such as the fish populations in the expectations that Sanctum would be found at fault, and also that when the Great Fleet saw Sanctum breaking the treaty, their first action was to wage war, not even bring the allegations up to anyone before turning to violence. "The political landscape is changing vastly, and new powers have arisen that can finally restore peace. I humbly ask that this region become the first.

"Sanctum asks for the aid of allied countries to help restore the peace. To provide food for the hungry.

"Sanctum asks for the investigation of our dwindling fish populations. This, a pillar of the Great Fleet's fanatical rantings is a mystery to us. No differences have been made with our usualy fishing policies, and the timing of their decline suggests foul play.

"Sanctum asks for a speedy resolution regarding the invasion of Indonesia to prevent any more conflict than necessary.

"Finally, Sanctum asks a joint effort of those member-nations here, as well as the encouragement of the international community to discover the location of the Great Fleet. Unless the Great Fleet can be found, they will continue to bide their time in shadows preparing to wage yet another war. Unless the Great Fleet can be found, and they can be forced to account for their actions, they will take no responsibility as only their dignity is on line, a dignity they lost long ago."

She scans the room, trying to get a preliminary idea of the guests' reactions. "In return Sanctum will be in your debt. This will be a debt both tangible and intangible, a debt that will make us forever thankful and appreciative, and a debt which will be repaid with interest whether those here wish it in monetary value, in technology, or Sanctum's support should your country suffer the same as ours.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

USAm

Oceanic Conference
    Spoiler
    Show
    A wealthy American philanthropist and his wife are at the conference along with a few mid ranking government employees who were there on other business (You know which).

The billionaire is the first to speak, "Speaking for my country, Peace is a goal worth striving for. Sanctum has proven itself willing to at least agree to work with other nations for noble goals. The fleet has not, to our knowledge, done anything of the sort and all their promises appear to be vaporous.

If the Great Fleet seeks war the United States would be willing to use its armed forces to restrain them from it. Yet at times you must close the trap farther and so cause pain, in order to free the fox from it. When stupidity makes that pain a price in human lives it is a more painful thing still."

The government officials sent the queen meaningful looks, as if to say, "He speaks for us, but we want some denyability if you do something really, and publicly, stupid."

edit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To those with psionic representatives only
    Spoiler
    Show
    The philanthropists mind is remarkably smooth, completely free of calculation, malice, or scheming.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2011-10-23 at 04:37 PM.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Troll in the Playground

Eurasian Federation

Oceanic Conference
    Spoiler
    Show

Natasha Groenikov, a member of the Russian political elite and a high-ranking diplomat, is present. The only minor breach from formal dress is an undecorated metal chain around her neck, that she has hidden under her shirt. Two members of her 'entourage' stay close all the time, betraying their purpose as bodyguards.

To those with psionic representatives only:
    Spoiler
    Show

Neither her nor the two bodyguards can be easily affected by psionic powers.

"The current state of prolonged war brings suffering upon the people of both Sanctum and, surely, the Great Fleet. While we cannot offer military assistance at this time-" She glances around with a slight pause, everyone remembering the recent fusion bomb claiming the lives of hundreds of soldiers. "It is still in our interest to bring the extent and operations of the Great Fleet to light so that some sort of an agreement can be negotiated. Currently not enough is known of the Great Fleet to offer them anything or even to be aware of their internal situation." And to threaten them if they do not comply. Of course.

"The Eurasian Federation is willing to assist in this. However, we must negotiate with our partners in the INTERPOL about the weight of our mutual commitment." Another glance, this time at the USAm representatives.
    Last edited by Murska; 2011-10-25 at 12:03 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

USAm

In that distant country, young in history and once great in renown,
    where Columbia had stretched her hand from shore to shore,
    where mountain had sung to sea and sea to mountain,
    there remained a remnant kindled of swiftly lost glory,
    And a young people now lay themselves down to die.

The American Peace had ended and its glory had ended with it.
    Of America born but American not would be the inhabitants of the age,
    Is that so sad a thing? That the young should go down to the grave?
    Ye, gladly they walk into hist'ry's shadow and with joy indeed.

Yet, who can say there was even the least of deaths?
    What was to come even now was. What will be will be.
    What is the strength of joy, if we should be sad forever?

The sepulcher of liberty had been defaced, the carrion had their fill.
    There came the days of fire, but the Lord was not in the flame.

This is what the thunder said:

Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Barbarian in the Playground

Madagascar

Oceanic Council
    Spoiler
    Show
    A man wearing his best jeans and a shirt stands up and smiles to the delegation.

"Hey everyone! I'll get down to the point. We... we want to believe the Great Fleet can be better. We really want to, but nothing they have done recently has shown us any signs of them improving. Their constant warmongering attitude...

Well, it can't be allowed to continue. We suggest we ask The Great Fleet for the locations of their main bases, as well as conducting espionage efforts into them." He says.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

United Commonwealth

UN

Spoiler
    Show
    On military action against the Great Fleet:
    The Commonwealth votes yes.

On investigation into WMDs:
    The Commonwealth votes yes.

Oceanic Conference
    Spoiler
    Show
    A representative from each country of the Commonwealth is present. After some discussion, it is the Portuguese representative that speaks. "The Commonwealth will send aid to Sanctum, and will do all it can to see the Great Fleet pacified. The investigations, we will contribute what we can to rooting out the Great Fleets bases. "

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Triumvirate

UN Votes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Military Action against Great Fleet: Against, ''We support Greenland's position''

WMDs: For (Triumvirate called for this vote)

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum

Oceanic Conference
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alsandra listens patiently to members of the conference speak. Her brow noticeably quirks at the Russian's implications of their lost soldiers. She seems genuinely pleased by Madagascar's response.

"It appears then that the two commonalities we hold is the desire to keep stability in the region, and having the ability to hold the Great Fleet responsible for its actions, whether it is the actions they have taken recently, or ill actions they may take in the future.

"What Sanctum proposes is thus...

First, in light of the hopes for a more stable region, Sanctum offers its northern ports to any allied forces to return peace to the Indonesia Federation. This offer will be recanted should civilians be targetted.

Second, Sanctum offers its welcoming arms to international aid to solve the food shortage in a quick and efficient manner. What debt Sanctum will owe to each member nation that assists to be determined at a later date. The priority is to keep the populace fed, not fret over rhetoric. It is my faith that Sanctum and its allies will find an appropriate deal.

Third, Sanctum suggests the immediate pursuing of discovering the Great Fleet's underwater bases, all of them. No doubt the Great Fleet has invested much in staying hidden. It has consistently been their credo to work outside the international community and to stay mobile and hidden to avoid reprisal. However, the Great Fleet cannot match our combined resources. Sanctum suggests the following be contributed as a whole
    -15 temporary espionage
    -8 temporary world opinion (get other country's support)
    -8 temporary morale (target local Church of the Aqua to uncover information)
    -5 temporary military
    -4 temporary economy (fund all the efforts)
    -4 temporary research (improve upon sonar and oceanic mapping techniques)

With all these resources, we hope the Great Fleet in its entirety can be discovered in short order, and this matter can be put to rest.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Anti-Psionics Coalition:

Iran, the Islamic Republic, and the Egyptian Rebel Army announce their intention to join the Anti-Psionics Coalition. Each purchase the new Anti-Psionic Shielding Technology.

Islamic Republic to Great Fleet
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have never held good relations with one another, but a matter such as this concerns all of us. We will look into it.

Gibraltar to Great Fleet
    Spoiler
    Show
    "If you refer to Alsandra's most recent public appearance, than you are mistaken. She did not control the crowd's, forcing them to obey her, she merely calmed their anger. The anger that had been clouding their judgement, preventing their true self's from realizing the fault of what they were doing."

"Alsandra's power is a gift from god, and god intends for her to do god with it."
    Last edited by razovor; 2011-11-28 at 08:45 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

End of Game Report

Indonesian:

In Indonesia, the Indo-Chinese warlords are defeated by the combined might of the Australian and Federation militarises. Files recovered from the warlord command centre reveal it was their hackers that triggered the launch of the recent nuclear weapon.

The Indonesian federation, occupied only a short time by the warlords, were nonetheless devastated by the conflict. As thanks for their help in the battles, and for previous services, the Indonesian Federation dissolves as a country, the various islands splitting to join Australia, The Eurasian Federation, and Sanctum.

The Olympic Games:

The first of the new Olympic games are held in Berlin, a symbol of unity and co-operation between the nations of the world. Everything goes off without a hitch, despite rumours of some sort of terrorist threat.

The opening ceremony ends with a vision from across space, as the first manned mission lands on Pluto. The multi-national team of astronauts get to work immediately, collecting samples and establishing a new space base, the first stage of planned foray's outside the solar system.

The Triumvirate and the AI; ADAM, receive much praise for their work, both with the Olympic Games and the Pluto mission. With encouragement from the Triumvirate, Austria announces it's intention to become a corporate state, joining the Economic Council.

PROMETHEUS:

As the populace begin to gain some trust for AI's, a new one enters the scene. PROMETHEUS, created by the best scientists of the Eurasian Federation, introduces itself to the world on the Global News Network, claiming it's primary motivations to be the preservation and advancement of humanity, preferably into space.

The AI is met with wide arms by the Triumvirate and their space program, and before long begins co-operating with them and ADAM.

The Southern Alliance:

The Volcano in Brazil continues it's assault, growing more intense before it finally dies down. Though the attack is furious, the Alliance is able to weather the storm, with significant help from the Economic Council. Seeing their united strength, the nations of the southern alliance finally put aside their doubts, merging fully into one super-power.

Eurasian Federation:

The elections in Russia take quite a few people by surprise. The Government remains in support of the Eurasian Federation, but not without a radical shift in ideology. Several major politicians step down, their replacements promising to take steps to eradicate threats to national security.

Egypt:

The Civil war in Egypt ends abruptly, as the majority of the rebel and loyalist armies clash in Cairo. The rebels, greatly outnumbered, win the day. The people rejoice, praising their gods for saving them. The remainder of the loyalist forces flee to Madagscar, seeking refuge and adding their power to that of the governments.

Greater Japan:

In Greater Japan, support for the empress grows. Eventually the general and prime minister step down, granting full power to the empress. As thanks to her people, the empress begins granting greater automony to people of China, Tibet and Korea

United States of America:

The United States of America turns inwards, withdrawing many of their international investments. Though their exact actions are kept secret, rumours abound of some revolutionary scientific marvel being worked on.

Mongolia:

Mongolia comes under scrutiny as information begins coming to light of their involvement in the Iran/Syria conflict. Interpol, now led by the Eurasian Federation releases a series of documents showing Mongolians attempts to spark conflict between the two nations. Mongolia responds with force, their armies invading the Eurasian Federation. The EF easily defeats their forces, invading with an army of their own, supported by the full might of Japan.

The Mongolian government claims not to have ordered the attack on Mongolia, or interfered with the the Iran/Syria conflict. Their cry for help is heard by The United Commonwealth, Gibraltar and Austria who begin a full-scale invasion of the EF and Japan, as the Mongolian government collapses.

The Freemasons step forward claiming to have information of travesties committed by the Eurasian Federation. They claim the Eurasian Federation has Psionics, and used it's power to trigger the war with the Eden Arcologies, to seize their cities for themselves. The Freemasons continue with an intelligence attack on the Eurasian Federation, countered with brutal force, by PROMETHEUS.

Iran:

Iran's response to all this is a prompt invasion of Syria, their forces sweeping into the capital city of Damascus within a few weeks.

Gibraltar:

As the conflict rages, Pope Soloman, and the King of Gibraltar both die in mysterious circumstances. The Anti-Psionics Coalition stesp up, blaming psychics for this attack, claiming the existence of some sort of secret psychic army. Surprisingly a psychic army reveal itself up, calling itself The Templars. The Templars claim to have no involvement with the deaths, but state clearly their willingness to protect the psychics of the world from the threat of the APC

The nation of Gibraltar, mired in chaos with the loss of both their leaders, accepts the offer of the United Commonwealth, joining fully with their nation. As to the catholic religion, it largely dissolves, many of it's members joining the growing Orthodox-Protestant church.

Austria:

with the Austrian army gone, the Austrian Monarchists make their move, marching towards berlin to take the government by force. But as they advance, a gamma bomb detonates, wiping out the capital and most of their forces. The Eurasian Federation sweeps into Austria, promising to maintain order.

The Austrian army continues the fight, joining the United Commonwealth.

Economic Council:

With one of their members destroyed in battle, the Economic Council calls an emergency meeting. The various CEO's of the world meet in Reyjkavik, where after only a few days, they reach a conclusion. Tanzania, Alaska, Kazakstan and the triumvirate transfer control of their shares to Greenland, merging into a single nation.

Eurasian Federation:

With the war going their way, the Eurasian federation begins to abandon it's former democracy becoming a full dictatorship. The Tzar of Europe and Empress Japan agree to marry, uniting their two nations as one. This new power dubs itself; the Terran Empire.

Iran:

After hearing pleas form both the United Commonwealth and the Terran Empire, Iran decides to stay out of the conflict, signing a non-aggression pact with both parties. A few days later, they launch a full-scale invasion of the Ottoman Empire. The economic council demand their withdrawal, threatening military action. Iran ignores them, crushing the Ottoman Army.

Reluctantly, the Economic Council declares war on Iran.

Venezuela

With the United States of America remaining quiet, the political balance in Venezuela begins to shift. Venezuela first disbands it's protectorate status with the United States, then outright joins the Southern Alliance.

The Terran Empire

With Austria secured, the Terran Empire launches an invasion of Britain. Casualties are high, but the United Commonwealth leads a successful defence, their gargantuan Commander tanks holding the line.

Their invasion halted for now, the Terran Empire turns their attention southwards into Africa, launching an invasion of the Egyptian Empire. The Egyptian 'gods' hold the line for a time, performing many miraculous feats, but eventually they fall.

Iran

While the Economic council build up their forces for an attack, Iran negotiates with the Terran Alliance for passage through the Caspian Sea. The agreement settled Iran launches a sneak attack on Kazakstan, taking their forces by surprise, and capturing the capitol.

Sanctum

Their allies distracted by war, Sanctum has continued their war with the Great Fleet, pursuing them across the sea's. The Great Fleet, though taking significant losses, have been planning. Now they are ready. Using the latest Water Manipulation technology they draw water away from the coastlines of sanctum, forming a great barrier around the entire country.

The timing is rather late, as Sanctum forces prepare for their final attack on the Great Fleet command centre, hidden under the waves in a underwater city, but they are confident, as they reveal their ultimatum.

If Sanctum ends their war with the great Fleet now, everything will be considered resolved. The war will end, but the barrier must remain in place. Sanctum may not access the sea, but may fly over it and continue to trade with other nations. If sanctum continues the war, the barrier will be released as a great torrent, sweeping away the people of Sanctum.

Alsandra refuses. Sanctum is crushed beneath the waves, as a wave of torpedo's eliminates the last of the Great Fleet. Alsandra is never seen again.

Central African Republic:

As the Terran Empire gathers on their borders, the leaders of the Central African Republic, meet with the United Commonwealth, revealing their greatest secret, the truth behind the Egyptian 'Gods'. The Gods power came from a revolutionary new technology, allowing the transmutation of matter into energy, with perfect efficiency. The republic used this technology to fake miracles performed by the god's, to help them take control of Egypt. In exchange for keeping their actions secret, the Republic joins the United Commonwealth.

The United States of Australia:

With the Commonwealth's new technology cutting swathes through the Terran Empire, they begin their retreat, the commonwealth seizing large parts of Europe. But as they advance, another power stirs in the sky. The USAm have been building their forces in secret for some time, now they are ready to strike.

A dozen dreadnoughts reveal themselves in the night sky, raining fire and destruction on the people of Africa. Their land forces deploy by drop pod, seizing the Central African Republic from the Commonwealth's grasp.

Madagscar:

With most of Africa conquered, Madagscar fearing for it's own safety as a independent nation, joins the Economic Council, announcing itself a corporate state.

PROMETHEUS:

With the conflict in Africa resolved, and the Australian's putting pressure on the Commonwealth, The Terran Empire turns to PROMETHEUS for the next stage of their plan. The peace with Iran has served it's purpose, now it must end. PROMETHESUS hacks into the networks of the Islamic Republic with ease, launching their entire nuclear arsenal at Iran.

ADAM:

As the fusion weapons approach fly across the sky they begin to turn. ADAM has need of them, but not where they're going. A few strike Iran, the smallest of the bunch, wiping out the Iranian government in one move. The rest scatter, striking military targets across the world.

The first step complete, ADAM moves onto his second. The Ottoman Empire never did complete their vision, upgrading every-person on earth with cybernetic enhancements, but the number of cyborgs in the world is still pretty high, particularly with Iran utilizing them for the entirety of their military. With a single command code, ADAM seizes control of every implanted person on the planet, converting the entire populace of the Ottoman Empire into his private army.

The Robotic Allegiance is born.

Islamic Republic:

The Islamic Republic are destroyed in a blaze of nukes from other nations. Their land is conquered by the USAus.

Everyone:

With the arrival of a new power, the Terran Empire opens negotiations with the Robotic Allegiance, hoping to convince them to commit their full power to the war with the Commonwealth. In the meanwhile they continue their offensive, with the continued support of Australia.

With Iran gone, the Economic Council turns their attention back to restoring peace, pushing for a cease-fire between the Commonwealth and Terran Empire, but the Terran Federation refuse to stop, threatening nuclear action against the Council.

The Southern Alliance steps up to defend the Council, promising military action if any more nukes are launched. The Terran Empire refuse to back down, calling on the ever silent USAm to support them.

But the USAm are silent no more, emerging from their laboratories, their masterpiece complete, a new race of humanity, the psychic potential of every citizen unlocked, and the ability to transfer psychic power between citizens at will. The president of america speaks with the authority of 500 million psychics as he commands the enemies of the Terran Empire to surrender.

The Commonwealth refuses. The Terran Empire launches their invasion force. The Australian dreadnoughts open fire. The Economic Council and Southern Alliance invade the USAm, and after weeks of deliberation, the Robotic Alliegance picks a side, striking into the heart of the Terran Empire.

World War IV has begun
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-01-05 at 07:06 PM.