New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The CHALLENGE continues!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Thanks! I likely will once I move. Until then, I want to make sure I focus on finding a place to move TO. Then I'll be good.

Congradulations on the publication! How does one manage such a thing?

It's just a matter of putting your work out there. There are always a bunch of small magazines and stuff accepting submissions and you just have to keep making stuff and sending it in.

And congratulations indeed to Glass Mouse! What's the name of the publication?
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

C'nor: Ohh, those days are never fun. Hope you feel better now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zjoot View Post
    It's just a matter of putting your work out there. There are always a bunch of small magazines and stuff accepting submissions and you just have to keep making stuff and sending it in.
    In my case, the publisher had one of those "send stories in, the three best get paid, and if there are enough good ones, we're making an anthology" contests. At least where I live, you can always find such a contest somewhere.

And congratulations indeed to Glass Mouse! What's the name of the publication?
    It's called "Vampyr" (Danish for vampire), a short story collection trying to reclaim the vampire from Twilight. Not that I think it was a necessary cause, but eh - it was fun

And thanks, guys! It's my first publication, so eventhough it's small I'm really excited

Good luck on finding a place, Wombat!
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2013-01-29 at 02:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. Especially as it led to me being in no condition to study for the Japanese test tomorrow.

And thank you. I sort of feel better-ish. No throwing up again, at least, even if I do still feel like I need to...

I've got some stuff I did before the last update I can get you if I still have any credit left? If not, though, that's fine too.

(Also, congratulations! I didn't really read the update very carefully, or I would have said something sooner.)

4. - Top - End - #904
    Bugbear in the Playground

Theme? There are still 1 1/2 days left for me to use it.
    Last edited by Lycunadari; 2013-02-02 at 08:18 AM.
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Congrats, Mouse!

I also had a dream I was the only person to succeed in the challenge this week.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Oh. Geez. It's Sunday, isn't it.

I haven't done as much gamewriting as I expected or intended to. I did write a song, which'd be two entries, worth, but I don't think I have the material for the other 4. At least not in any good and accessible form...I've done a little bit of creative whatnot, but not in a very presentable way. I guess I'm down, this week.

Hopefully back next week. Maybe all from songwriting, too. I'm doing a bunch all of a sudden. Turns out this is a thing that exists: http://fawm.org/

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

2,469 words of stuff:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hellion Cluster:
    An immobile turret system, comprised of a fixed base, which, in the section of it that is, in order to provide additional stability, below ground, contains the only access to the interior, and a rotating head, equivalent to six heavy railguns; each barrel is capable of firing approximately ten rounds a minute, with complete flexibility as to firing order.

While 'alpha strikes', wherein all barrels fire simultaneously, are often used by those unfamiliar with the system, and are generally effective against small numbers of heavily armored vehicles, the relatively slow firing speed makes it less so against more agile craft, especially in higher numbers.

Those more experienced often use a staggered firing pattern, with each barrel firing one second after the last, in order to increase the volume of fire, as it allows the system to cover a larger area rapidly, while being almost as effective as an alpha strike if proves necessary to concentrate fire on one target.

While it is technically capable of firing most types of ammunition, it is designed for use with a rather specialized variant, which has a magnetic containment system, an explosive, and a moderate amount of plasma inside the round; immediately after impact, the containment field shuts off, and the explosive detonates, in order to do as much damage as possible to the interior systems once it has passed through the armor.

The specialized nature of such ammunition causes it to have rather unusual flight characteristics, and as a result, the accuracy of more conventional projectiles can be affected, as the system attempts to compensate for effects which do not actually occur; it is recommended that if such projectiles are not used, any Hellion Clusters in use undergo a reconfiguration to alleviate this flaw.

[DRI Outpost, Japan
    Halls
    Lilium Varanov, Himegami Keiko]

Lilium darted through the halls at random, unsure where to go, since normally, she wasn't really allowed out; her mental map of the facility consisted of a small area near her containment chamber, and the sections of it that she had traversed since escaping. And, of course, down in the section where the highly dangerous prisoners might get loose, they had hardly been foolish enough to make things easy for them by putting up signs saying 'This way to the exit', or anything along those lines.

However, her musings were soon interrupted by another of her kind, a child, sobbing in the halls, and clutching a teddy bear. Strange, that she had such a thing, here; it didn't fit with what Lilium knew of this place. They must have been under different people... At least, she'd certainly never gotten such a thing.

But that didn't particularly matter at the moment; what did was that the girl was clearly frightened, and, judging by what she was saying, looking for someone to help her. So, letting the bloody metal styluses that had been floating next to her fall to the ground, Lilium took the few steps needed to close the distance between them, and dropped to a crouch next to the other Diclonius, going gently wrap her arms around the girl as she did.

"Shh. It's alright now. I'm going to get you out of here..."

When Keiko indicated the human, the styluses quickly rose from the floor behind Lilium, orienting themselves towards Raven, though they didn't move beyond that, as the woman seemed to be interested in helping them, and she had no wish to kill a potential ally. Especially as, even if she wasn't a true ally, she could, perhaps, be forced to act as one... And, too, there was the fact that Keiko was watching, and would probably be most distressed were she to kill her other 'Mama'.

"Maybe, little one. She's not an enemy yet, at least..., Lilium murmured, stroking the girl's hair, and planting a gentle kiss between her horns, before turning her full attention back to Raven. "And in that case, what exactly would you suggest? Staying here is not something I intend on doing, and I think you're smart enough to know that, so do you know of some other way out?"

Lilium snarled, the vectors not holding the styluses shielding her - and just in case, Keiko -, from the bullets, dropping them harmlessly to the ground; clearly, they had managed to break through her normal docility, her genetic 'voice' and her own wishes united, for once, a highly dangerous combination, given her power level.
    As the air cleared, the pointed pieces of steel shot forward, one going through the skull of the man on Alexi's left, while the other caught the one on his right in the throat, severing the unfortunate man's carotid, spraying blood towards the Russian; while they were technically out of range of her vectors, she could still throw things more than hard enough to kill.

Mujona:

"I have been alone, aside from Ketrabel, for a long time. My apologies if my lack of polish has offended you. Now, perhaps we can focus on the issues at hand, rather than your hurt feelings? It is hardly my fault if you are so overly sensitive that a little bit of bluntness is sufficient to distract you from more important matters.

Also, Ketrabel is one of the few people I care for, for she is the only one I know. You may, eventually, come to be among that number, but you are not yet. Touch her, and I will kill you. Do you understand?"

Ketrabel:

"You cannot hold me. Do not try. I am not part of your menagerie, nor grown in your human greenhouse, tamed and well-used to cages, comfortable only in the hothouse you make for me. If you would keep me, then I must want to stay, and I will not do so when I feel a hand ready to lock me in.

Now. Is that foolish thought out of your head? Good. We should get along fine, then."

Good. I'm glad you have at least that much intelligence.

Anastasia Morn
    Affiliations: The Winter House

Physical Description:

Spoiler
    Show
    Anastasia is quite short, barely 4'5", a result of being near-starved when she was growing up, though the rest of her body is, fortunately, proportional to her stature. Her hair, which is dyed a soft white, shading to pale blue at the tips, is surprisingly spiky, and cut short.

While recently, aside from during the siege of Dockside, she's been able to eat reasonably well, she's still rather thin, with sharp, though pretty, features, which have an almost feral intensity about them, though for some reason it usually tends to draw people in rather than, as would, perhaps, be more logical, driving them away.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show
    Anastasia is, unsurprisingly, emotionally distant, in terms of forming true connections with people, having cut herself off a long time ago, though she can fake such things rather well.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

For much of her life, Anatasia has not, really, had a notable history. There have always been orphans; the tale of one more will be no more interesting than that of hundreds of others, and, anyway, is interchangeable with them, this one not being exceptional, not until she turned sixteen, at least.

Then, in the winter snows, she managed to finally figure out how to awaken a spirit, but, untrained, using nothing but scraps of stolen, often ill-heard, knowledge, she did not do so 'properly', instead truly bringing it to life, a wolf-like creature of ice, covered in thin spines, and serving her will.

Now that she had the knowledge to keep herself warm, and, to some extent, safe from the criminals not recognized by the city, she could begin to accumulate a measure of power. Though for several years, she did quite little with that capability, unsure of how to go about doing so without drawing the attention.

However, just before Dockside... blew up... she had managed to reach a precarious position where the Dragon's Disciples and the Whispering Ring ignored her due to their own conflicts, and she was able to gather a fair amount of money, and a make herself relatively comfortable.

While the events leading up to the destruction of the Whispering Ring forced her to flee, losing her territory, she has since carved out a niche for herself in the territory they once held, earning, with her previous gains, just enough to be able to buy a brothel, both to have a legitimate front for her group and profit off it directly.

Advantages:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anastasia (PC):

Intelligence II - Low Utility, Low Social: Anastasia, while only recently having had a chance to gain a formal education, has always been clever and fast-learning.

Wealth II: While most of the money she had acquired prior to buying it was spent on its acquisition, the Winter House has since made a steady profit, allowing her to live quite well on one of its upper floors.

Charisma I - High Social: Anastasia gives off a sense of 'presence'; when she wishes one to pay attention, it is very hard to ignore her. She also has a natural talent for making conversation and speaking persuasively, whether trying to charm someone or explaining exactly why something would be a bad idea.

Charm I - Mid Social

Beauty I - Low Social

Intimidation I - Mid Social

Dirty Fighting I - Short Range Combat: Anastasia has practice in using 'unsporting' counters and attacks, as well as a variety of tricks to tip the odds in her favor.

Duelist I - Short Range Combat

Musical Training I - Low Social: Anastasia has, since she took ownership of the Winter House, spent a portion of her profits on musical training, and is now reasonably skillful with a wide variety of instruments,

Vocal Training I - Low Social: Anastasia has also paid for vocal training, and can now sing with moderate skill in a wide variety of styles.

Drahka (Follower): The first spirit Anastasia woke, Drahka is a massive wolf of ice, a tangle of needle-pointed spines, similar to icicles, in some ways, though thinner, and somewhat curved, splitting the frozen pelts that cling to them.

Frostbite III - Close Combat: Drahka's teeth are, like those of any wolf, more than capable of rending flesh. But, belonging to a spirit of ice as they do, they also have more... unusual... properties, and are capable of freezing the blood of those bitten, and chilling armor until it shatters.

Winterblood II - Uncommon Resistance: As they're a Frost Spirit, they're capable of withstanding extremely cold temperatures with little difficulty, no matter the source.

Terror I - Low Social, Low Combat: Drahka is quite menacing, capable of inspiring terror in others, to the extent that those unprepared may flee from them in combat.

Size II - Close Combat, Low Utility: Drahka is far larger than any wolf has a right to be, their shoulders several inches above Anastasia's head when the pair stand next to each other, and their body is correspondingly wide.

This great size and bulk is, naturally enough, quite useful in combat, and can also aid in things like breaking down doors.

The Winter House (Locus): In the public parts of the Winter House, it seems to be surprisingly well-appointed for where it is, and the prices are higher than might be expected, though the girls on display are, admittedly, more appealing than most of those in similar establishments nearby. The clientele is also rather more... upscale... than one would think a whorehouse in Dockside would draw, though it is far easier for them to hide their activities here than it might be elsewhere, so, presumably, the customers and the atmosphere, now that the Winter House has been established, feed on each other.

In the private sections, however - the entrance to which is closely guarded, both by spirits and a pair of mortal bouncers - it is, while still quite nice, far less normal, snow falling from the ceiling, and piling in unmelting drifts on the ice that seems to comprise the floor - though in reality it is simply an opaque layer over the stone -, wine served in goblets of living wood, dancers of flame and ash...

In keeping with this, those whose services can be bought in the lower areas are rarely human, at least fully, women of glittering crystal or delicate frost, half-elven bastards - the cast-off results of noble indiscretions, for the most part -, a few Animals, for those with more... exotic... tastes than most, half-transparent darklings made from shadows, with brightly glowing eyes, and even - at least, if the rumors are to be believed, though no-one has ever spoken with one who has bought her services themselves - a single Pixie, coming in at the very limit of her species' height, though what such a creature would be doing there is most unclear.

Notoriety I - Mid Social: The Winter House's private section is, through rumors, spread partly by Anastasia and partly by the customers, rather infamous throughout the city.

Security II - Mid Utility: The doors are sturdy, and the locks heavy, with windows that are easy to keep people from getting through.

Guardians II - All-range Combat: The spirits tied to this place take unkindly to attacks upon it, or their mistress. Those fighting the rightful occupants will find that the environment turns against them, ice forming beneath their feet, flames cutting them off from escape routes, and similar unpleasant things.

Luxury I - Low Social: The public sections of the Winter House are richly appointed, decorated with objets d'art and finery, and the girls are notably prettier, due to the care with which they are selected, than those of most other brothels in the area.

Fairyland II - Low Social: The public sections are luxurious, certainly. Most are impressed by them. But to those used to such things, it is no more than they expect.

The private sections, however... Well, those are impressive to anyone, with their displays of magic, far beyond what even most nobles will have ever seen.

Story Elements:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spirit Binding: Spirit binders are, to some extent, simply mages, for all who use magic bend spirits to their will; that is the mechanism by which magic is accomplished.

But most mages do not awaken spirits any more than they need to in order to accomplish their goals. They may or may not be aware that it is possible, but it is not something that they ever try for even in the rare case that they are.

A few, however, have found that to awaken them fully, incarnating them as independent entities, offers benefits that normal magic does not; servants who can be given complex commands, guardians who will act independently, and similar things.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys! I'm really sorry, but I've been sick for a few days now, and today is the worst yet. I know it's sucky, but I'm gonna postpone the Challenge status until tomorrow, so I can go back to being curled up half-sleeping. See you all then!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Hope you feel better Glass. :(

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, Neorice! My immune system hasn't done the trick yet, so I took a painkiller. Many apologies if the status contains mistakes. I'm still kinda whoozy.

Also, because there was no theme, no one loses their theme streak.

Glass Mouse passes with seven character portraits and 273 words of sci-fi story.

C'nor passes with 2,469 words of assorted RPG descriptions.

HeadlessMermaid didn't upload/send me anything.

Zjoot uploaded four poems. I think?

Neoriceisgood passes with four comics and three sprites.

Icewalker made a song worth two entries.

KerfuffleMach2 didn't upload/send me anything.

Lycunadari passes with 1,737 words of writing and three drawings (inkluding a "no theme" drawing).

Thus, HeadlessMermaid, Zjoot, Icewalker and KerfuffleMach2 FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, C'nor, Neoriceisgood and Lycundari PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 119 weeks
    Longest run: -
    Themes: 2 weeks

C'nor
    Current run: 1 week
    Longest run: 11 weeks
    Themes: -

HeadlessMermaid
    Current run: -

Zjoot
    Longest run: 18 weeks

Neoriceisgood
    Current run: 23 weeks
    Longest run: 8 weeks

Icewalker
    Longest run: 13 weeks

KerfuffleMach2
    Longest run: 1 week

Lycunadari
    Current run: 5 weeks
    Themes: 4 weeks

It's Icewalker's turn to choose a theme

Lycunadari: I find it awesome that you followed the theme anyway

Zjoot: Your blog doesn't allow me to see specific dates for uploads, so it was kinda hard to tell which ones were relevant. I stopped counting by the first one I remember to have read. But let me know if I got something wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

11. - Top - End - #911
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, it would be five I think. (starting with "Musing #3" and ending with "Tin Atlas") Though I also wrote a submission to an online lit mag, which I meant to send you but didn't I guess. That's ok though.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

It's fairly late, so I'm going to pick a very open ended theme to make it an easier catch: Inspiration.

Edit: Oh. Geez. I guess I wrote Change of Management last week. Which means right now Unfold is my only CHALLENGE-viable entry, which is mostly finished but still just 2 entries as one song.

Hrm. Well we'll see what I can pull off in the next two days...unless I decide to do the writeup for Paradise Marches to War (which, to be fair, I really ought to do) I'm not sure I'll be able to make deadline.

Edit Edit: Well, as expected, not this week either. That said, I apparently just managed to write the lyrics to an entire song in an hour and 40 minutes, from scratch, not even an idea I'd been planning before...So I'm pretty damn happy about that.
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2013-02-11 at 12:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Statuuuuus!

Glass Mouse passes with ~1,200 words of sci-fi/webcomic writings, three poems (one about elusive inspiration) and two decorated cupcakes.

C'nor didn't upload/send me anything.

HeadlessMermaid didn't upload/send me anything. Still in?

Zjoot passes with six poems and one micropoem.

Neoriceisgood passes with 58 new spider, D&D and bush sprites.

Icewalker didn't upload/send me anything.

KerfuffleMach2 didn't upload/send me anything. Still in?

Lycunadari passes with 2,084 words of writing.

Thus, HeadlessMermaid, Icewalker and KerfuffleMach2 FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Zjoot, Neoriceisgood and Lycundari PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 120 weeks
    Themes: 3 weeks

C'nor

HeadlessMermaid

Zjoot
    Current run: 1 week

Neoriceisgood
    Current run: 24 weeks

Icewalker

KerfuffleMach2
    Longest run: 1 week

Lycunadari
    Current run: 6 weeks

It's KerfuffleMach2's turn to choose a theme

Icewalker: Well, one song in 40 minutes is still pretty damn impressive

Also, what's happening, people? Shouldn't we still ride on the New Year energy here? Or does that completely die come February?

Also also, it's been a long time since decorative baking made an appearance here. Too bad it's by such a bad baker, haha.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant to get stuff up, but I had to go get a needle stuck in my arm and my brain irradiated, sorry.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-02-11 at 04:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds kinda bad. Hope you're okay!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh. Just stuff related to the car accident I told you about; I had to go in for a CT scan with contrast.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Eesh! Be well, man.

As far as the falling off goes on my part, my success at the Challenge depends entirely on what my current creative project is. Drawing six pages in a week? Easy. Writing 1500 words? Easy. But if I'm working on songs? If I'm working pretty intensely I won't put out more than one song every 3 days, because I like to write, experiment with, polish, and then practice a song so I actually know it before I go write another one. And some creative writing projects don't lend themselves to overall output, like editing-heavy or preparation for some event.

At the moment, my big creative projects I'm working on are writing music, and writing live action role play game submissions for Wayfinder.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Late status time! Since there was no theme, no one loses their theme streak - but let's see if we can get a little more themes rolling, okay?

Glass Mouse passes with 1,645 words of sci-fi writings.

C'nor didn't upload/send me anything.

HeadlessMermaid is out due to disappearance.

Zjoot passes with 19 regular micropoems and six picture-based micropoems.

Neoriceisgood passes with a whoppin' 70-100 new sprites.

Icewalker didn't upload/send me anything due to music and scattered work.

KerfuffleMach2 is out due to disappearance.

Lycunadari passes with 1,266 words of writings and two elf character drawings.

Thus, C'nor and Icewalker FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Zjoot, Neoriceisgood and Lycundari PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 121 weeks
    Themes: 3 weeks

C'nor

Zjoot
    Current run: 2 weeks

Neoriceisgood
    Current run: 25 weeks

Icewalker

Lycunadari
    Current run: 7 weeks

It's Lycunadari's turn to choose a theme

Personally:
    I'm having a LOT of motivation trouble these weeks, with everything from school to comics. It's weeks like these that make me really appreciate the Challenge because it makes me create something no matter how ****ty, and I always feel better after writing/drawing a bunch.
    Even if it usually means late Sundays and bad week starts

So, yeah. I'm glad the Challenge and you guys are here to keep me motivated. It helps a lot!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

19. - Top - End - #919
    Bugbear in the Playground

This weeks theme is Stay with me!
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah, nice. I've got a scene planned that's perfectly on theme. Guess this will be my motivation to get that far in the story this week
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    It's weeks like these that make me really appreciate the Challenge because it makes me create something no matter how ****ty, and I always feel better after writing/drawing a bunch.
    I tooootally understand this. I have a 'spend one hour every day learning something' (unrelated to schoolwork or other certification-driven studies) which I've been doing for years, and it means that even if a day seems like it was useless, I always know I still spent that hour learning something.

...as far as the Challenge is concerned, I think I'm done writing music for now: I have like four new songs which I still barely know, and I'd rather practice and memorize them than write more. I really really want to get back to my book, but it'll all be rewriting and editing, so I don't know what word counts will turn out like, but it might get me back onto the challenge.

Edit: Sick! That explains a lot about this weekend. Ugh. Not productive. Tired. Mleh. Hopefully will improve in next few days, finally get to hardcore editing of Another Turn of the Wheel.
    Last edited by Icewalker; 2013-02-25 at 03:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

Status!

Glass Mouse passes with seven character drawings and 293 words of sci-fi writings.

C'nor didn't upload/send me anything. Still in?

Zjoot uploaded three posters and a poem.

Neoriceisgood passes with 60-80 sprites and a comic page.

Icewalker didn't upload/send me anything due to sickness.

Lycunadari passes with 1,542 words of writing and drawing of a girl saying goodbye to a butterfly.

Thus, C'nor, Zjoot and Icewalker FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Neoriceisgood and Lycundari PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 122 weeks

C'nor

Zjoot

Neoriceisgood
    Current run: 26 weeks

Icewalker

Lycunadari
    Current run: 8 weeks
    Themes: 1 week

It's my turn to choose a theme, and I say Beginnings

Get well soon, Ice!

Darn, I never got the inspiration boost needed for writing. And 120 theme-relevant words does not a piece make. Still, I'm determined to get a respectable theme streak one of these weeks!
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2013-02-25 at 04:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Also!

It's been a long time since we've had a streak of Neorice's magnitude. I say half a year of unbroken Challenge deserves a badge of sorts

'Grats on the half year, Neorice!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Since I cannot seem to remember I need to post on stuff here anymore, I suppose the answer to your question is no, I'm not still in.

Sorry.

*Slinks away*

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Thanks for the badge, glass!

This thread does keep me in check, it really makes me pay more attention to my weekly output.
    Last edited by Neoriceisgood; 2013-02-25 at 05:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Status!

Glass Mouse passes with four photo-portraits, the first panel of a new comic, and a Challenge prize.

C'nor is out due to lack of participation.

Zjoot uploaded four poems.

Neoriceisgood passes with 21 bird sprites.

Icewalker didn't upload/send me anything.

Lycunadari passes with 571 words of writing, two OoTS-style character drawings and one avatar.

Thus, Zjoot and Icewalker FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Neoriceisgood and Lycundari PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 123 weeks
    Themes: 1 week

Zjoot

Neoriceisgood
    Current run: 27 weeks

Icewalker

Lycunadari
    Current run: 9 weeks

It's Zjoot's turn to choose a theme

I'm very pleased that I managed to follow my own theme - I actually cleared an entire day specifically to finish a lot of things in regards to the webcomic. I think I'm ready to finally start drawing it Next step: Build a buffer and muster up the courage to start uploading!

I'm also back on a theme streak. Anyone wants to join?

C'nor: Not to disrespect your decision, but if that's the only problem, a good trick could be using your phone to give you reminders
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ettin in the Playground

I've moved, but I'm still without internet. So once I get settled, and my internets return, you should see me frequent this more regularly.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I've moved, but I'm still without internet. So once I get settled, and my internets return, you should see me frequent this more regularly.
    Awesome! Is your new place good?
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Awesome! Is your new place good?
    Aside from a probable gas leak, it's great!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

You should probably take me off the lists for the time being. Pretty clear I'm not at it at this point. Though I am writing about 4000 words of a prequel story to Red Dragon for a class this week. Nonetheless, I definitely won't be entering next week: finals coming up. I may begin again after that, once I reach my spring break, but we will see.