New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The CHALLENGE continues!

1,627 words of various things, including a new setting I'm using for an RP I'm running:

Spoiler
    Show
    "An interesting solution..." I remark under my breath, laughing quietly, and sending a tiny arc of electricity, just enough to sting the man when it reaches him, skittering across the floor. Despite being classified as a 'demon', that sort of thing isn't something I approve of - my natural form is offensive to some people, and I feed off of desire in all forms, an emotion considered 'sinful' by a lot of religions, but that doesn't mean I'm evil.

That latter bit is why I'm here - this whole place is soaked in the emotion that sustains me; desire for the dancers, the need for money, a craving for alcohol... The list goes on and on. Not that, strictly speaking, I have to do this. I can survive just fine on food and the other necessities of a human. But I am, after all, just like them, social, and I enjoy being out, nor does it harm anyone to feed off of what they already have, so... Why not?
    I frown sharply as something about the dancer - who I am idly watching, seeing as she is, after all, rather pretty, -, alters, a subtle sense of wrongness pervading the scene. And, when I focus on her more clearly, it becomes obvious - she's a bit more sluggish, her expression tense, and ill, as though she's holding back her stomach from open rebellion, but not by much.

Clearly, she won't make it through the next five hours - one of the perks of being a 'demon' is a good memory, in general, and I've been in here often enough to know when she leaves, as well as how long a shift is for one of the dancers -, but knowing this place, no-one will care until she collapses. At least, not unless it's brought to the attention of the right person... One of the managers is reasonably nice, in stark contrast to the other, and, fortunately, he's the one on duty watching the floor tonight, so I send out a simple, low-level, mental pulse to cue him into what I'm seeing...
    FORM
    | Alia Hunter |

| Water becomes stagnant and diseased. Fire never stands still, and that which burns is purified. |

Username: Cnor
    Name: Alia Hunter
    Tribe: Tribe of Dying Embers
    Position: Warrior* * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Weapons: A pair of long knives, and, if she has someone who can attach them for her while she's in her wolf form, metal caps for her fangs.
    History: Alia was born to a Scout and a Warrior, both well-respected. Or at least, that was what took place as far as the rest of the tribe was concerned. In reality, her mother was already pregnant when she chose her mate; her father knew this, and Alia was kept only because her mother insisted.

A week before she turned thirteen, however, her mother died in a rockslide, and, that night, she was thrown out of her home, with nothing save the clothes that she had on when returning from the funeral; while, fortunately, she was able to find a place amongst the Warriors, due to her training starting, she refused to trust anyone, rebuffing all attempts to befriend her, refusing to believe that they actually cared for her... This damage was solidified, and various nagging doubts about her worth that had previously been suppressed sealed firmly into place, perhaps a month later, when she killed a man for the first time, having encountered a Rushing Creek Scout in Dying Embers territory, and had, as a result of her earlier actions, no-one to help her work through it.

Since then, she has acquitted herself as well as could be expected, given the relative lack of open warfare, but, while she is more civil, for the most part, she still refuses to grow close to anyone, and has therefore ended up far less respected than most Warriors, even by those lower in rank, a thing she seems to care little about.
    Personality: Alia is, in a lot of ways, emotionally damaged, finding empathy and sympathy for most difficult, with heavy trust issues, to the extent that she doesn't give out her name, and even those who knew it before she got thrown out of her home are risking her going off on them if they use it, due to not wanting to get close to anyone... Piled on top of this, she has an extraordinarily low opinion of herself, at least off the battlefield, though she does take some small measure of pride in her skills there.

She's also got a rather volatile temper, at times, though she does try to reign it in, and is highly protective of anyone who she does, somehow, get close to.
    Abilities: Alia is highly skilled with her knives, and startlingly graceful in both forms, as well as reasonably gifted at stealth.
    Crush: None, really.
    Other: Armor? You were not entirely clear on where the password actually goes... Oh, and after discussing it with Alyssa, she knows Emilia.
    "You care what they think when they're cops, ne?", Kessia replies, shrugging, and sounding somewhat amused. "Don't want them thinking 'Hey, maybe the reason those girls went in there was because they wanted to see what they'd done', do we? And yeah, killing more time after the movie sounds nice... I think maybe the beach, though. None of us are bulletproof, and it's too easy to run into some nasty stuff out there, you get even a little lost."
    "Hm... Let's go for the first. Fewer weird looks, y'know? Might stand out a bit if four girls with no younger siblings or anything get tickets to a little kid's movie, after all...", Kessia answers, shrugging, and laying back on the rocks. "And Rei, it's not like there's anyone out here besides us, and the movie doesn't start for a while... Why bother heading out now?"
    "It is, in fact, the room by mine... Though seeing as Acacia and I are both quite fond of you, feel free to treat both as yours," he replied softly, smiling a bit, and gently stroking the mutant, hoping to reassure her that there was nothing to worry about, despite the swearing. "And I know you weren't expecting it, but I was hoping to be able to actually be here for you, even simply by being around if you wanted company...

As for where Nancy is... That would be an excellent question. I was about to go and check her room when you arrived, at least as soon as I had finished making preparations - I don't like going over there unarmed at the best of times, and recent events have made me paranoid -, but, clearly, I haven't yet... Would you care to join me? I'm sure she'd be delighted to see you again, now that circumstances would perhaps allow for some actual talking."
    Earth, as it might be in the near future, would be a good starting point. Spaceflight is a fair bit more advanced than it is today, but it's short-range - the Moon has not been colonized yet, or even a start made, much less further targets, though that and asteroid mining are both things people can expect to see reasonably soon. Governments are mostly the same, though some things are off from what one might expect.

Hovercraft are expensive, but available. Work on robotics, however, especially practical AI is mostly stalled - not because it could not be moved forward, but because people would not allow it to be. At least, public work. Behind closed doors, it is a somewhat different matter - a fact that no law enforcement agency really wishes to investigate, as such research is directly responsible for the cybernetic prosthetics and enhancements that so many of their members will eventually have to avail themselves of. The same holds true for genetic experiments... As does the caveat that, in private, research into such matters has progressed far beyond what the general public would like to believe. Abhumans with animal characteristics, or even stranger modifications, are, while not precisely common, not at all unknown, either, though anyone found to be responsible for such things is executed.

On the other hand, the comparison breaks down when looked at more closely. Nearly every kind of power, including some that seem to be truly impossible in our world, that one can imagine has the potential to occur in anyone. The one exception is true unlimited magic; no-one has yet been recorded to have any ability of that sort, at least not reliably, and those children who might have grown to have such powers all died in infancy of the same cause - a complete decay of all connections between their brain and their body, with autonomic functions last to cease.
    Mia was, to put it mildly, small. In fact, 'tiny' might be a better word; the AI was under five feet tall, and delicate-looking, with little extra weight anywhere, something that sometimes made her seem androgynous, and thin limbs. A closer examination would also reveal that she had black hair, cut short and spiky, wintery green eyes, and startlingly pale skin, that on her bare foot was currently marred by a flayed line where she had been run over.

"Your impression was correct," she confirmed dryly, shrugging, and indicating the injury, then walking, albeit somewhat gingerly, as might be expected, even assuming that that was the only damage to her foot, over to Isabella. "However, seeing as the accident was not your fault, that is a thing easily remedied, with the proper application of time. If you happen to have enough at the moment, I would ask that you use it to provide me with company at lunch?"

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I'm stepping out of the challenge for now, school's about to get reaaal busy.

My 100% original pixelart fantasy webcomic, Hero oh Hero.

Webcomic discussion thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...7-Hero-Oh-Hero

3. - Top - End - #993
    Barbarian in the Playground

Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2013-05-01 at 11:34 AM.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay, the forums are back!

So, here's what we do.

The forums went offline Monday evening (I know, since I managed to be on for five minutes before it disappeared), hindering no one, so the week before the offline-ness counts as usual. I'm on my way out the door right now, but I'll do that status tonight.

Last week was entirely offline, making it difficult to send, link or post one's contributions, so I'm giving everyone until Friday to collect everything like usual for that week. I'm checking the usual links and doing the regular status, just Friday instead (some... 54 hours from now).
    No one loses their theme streak for that week, obviously, since none was decided.

This week is running as usual! Sunday is the deadline, theme will be declared as soon as I have the time to check, etc., and regular status will resume on Monday.

So, if you decided to slack during the offline-period, you sincerely misunderstood the spirit of the Challenge

See you all tonight! 'tis good to be back!
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2013-05-01 at 02:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wasn't slacking during the offline period, I was just preoccupied with not failing any of my classes.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright! Status for the week running from April 15th to April 22th.

Glass Mouse passes with 932 words of short story and four poems.

Neoriceisgood is out due to school pressure.

Lycunadari passes with 518 words of writing, a wall painting, an avatar, a drawing, and a photo.

TheWombatOfDoom didn't upload/send me anything.

C'nor passes with 899 words of RPing, 470 words of setting fluff, and 291 words of character entry.

Viera Champion didn't upload/send me anything.

MeanMrsMustard passes with 252 words about dancing, a pot, and four drawings (one of ponies).

Thus, TheWombatOfDoom and Viera Champion FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Lycundari, C'nor and MeanMrsMustard PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 130 weeks
    Longest run: -
    Themes: -

Lycunadari
    Current run: 16 weeks

TheWombatOfDoom
    Current run: -
    Longest run: 3 weeks

C'nor
    Current run: 1 week
    Longest run: 11 weeks

Viera Champion
    Longest run: 2 weeks

MeanMrsMustard
    Current run: 1 week

Last week's theme was chosen by Viera Champion, and it's Being Indecisive, which will be expanded to the current week

Next week's theme is chosen by MeanMrsMustard - let me know in PM or this thread, and I'll include it in the next status.

Also, various answers and stuff (that I didn't adress in my previous post):

MeanMrsMustard: Welcome! Good to have you on board

Neoriceisgood: I'm really sad to see you leave. You managed a fantastic streak this time around (the third-longest in the history of the Challenge), so of course I hope you'll return when things settle in. For the time being, good luck with school!

Viera Champion: Ah, understandable. Did you pass everything then?
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2013-05-01 at 02:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

7. - Top - End - #997

I made a thread.
    Sweet, I get to choose the theme? Super.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really sorry about the delay, I thought I could bring my computer, but I forgot my charger! I'm back now, so it's time for the status for the week running from April 22th to April 28th.

Glass Mouse passes with 1.757 words of sci-fi writings.

Lycunadari passes with 550 words of writings and five cupcake photos.

C'nor passes with 1,627 words of various, mostly RPG writings.

Viera Champion didn't make anything due to classes.

MeanMrsMustard passes with six bust pony portraits.

Thus, TheWombatOfDoom and Viera Champion FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Lycundari, C'nor and MeanMrsMustard PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 131 weeks

Lycunadari
    Current run: 17 weeks

TheWombatOfDoom

C'nor
    Current run: 2 weeks

Viera Champion

MeanMrsMustard
    Current run: 2 weeks

The theme, chosen by Viera Champion, is still Being Indecisive

Next week's theme is (still) chosen by MeanMrsMustard - let me know in PM or this thread, and I'll include it in the next status.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

...22th?

10. - Top - End - #1000

Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1001

I'm gonna take a break. I'm struggling to finish prizes right now, so I think I'll keep it at that until the end of the school year, but I WILL complete all prizes. Do not fear!
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

427 words of short story-ish thing:

Spoiler
    Show
    Today marked the start of the fourth week of this battle. Drawn out, moreso than one might expect, to be sure, but both sides had great numbers, and this dense forest made it nearly impossible to find the enemy, other than by a small patrol out hunting running into a similar group from the other side...

Selia had been thoroughly sick of it well before the end of the first. She hadn't been supposed to fight. Oh, she had a sword, certainly, but it was only there in case she ended up attacked somehow... At least, that was what they'd told her. Supposedly, she was to be freeing those who did well from the fighting, and that was all. Except for, perhaps, returning the wounded to the healers.

In practice, she ended up replacing them. It had happened so often by now that she didn't even bother going back up anymore, just stayed down until someone called for patrols to form up...

Still. That didn't mean she wanted to be here. She just had a well-developed sense for when it was inevitable that something would happen, and she'd given up trying to fight that sort of thing.

Well. Mostly. There was a reason that she was currently sitting in the corner of her tent, watching the flickering light from the tiny brazier of coal in the center play over her sword, wondering if it would go through her as easily as it had through everything else she'd killed - and for that matter, if she would actually end up not fighting if it did. Plenty of her superiors disapproved of such things, after all; it was quite possible she'd just end up dumped down to the other side.

All of this was moot, of course. She'd tried already, when one of the other Angels assigned to this conflict had died, and she hadn't been able to - whether that was because of interference from those above her, or she just wasn't capable of it, she couldn't tell, though she suspected the former.

The sudden presence of a newcomer jarred her out of her reverie, and she examined him curiously, wondering how he'd managed to get this close to her without her realizing someone else was in her tent.

"You look... Tired," the short, white-haired, woman said softly after a moment, smiling gently at Selia. "Your job is to grant respite, but it seems you are to get none of your own? I can change that, if you like... All you need to do is take my hand."

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

We've caught up! Time for the status for this week!

Glass Mouse passes with five summer and art photos, and a fanart of Katniss undecided between her two guys.

Lycunadari passes with 254 words of writings, a watercolour portrait and four flower photos.

TheWombatOfDoom didn't upload/send me anything. Are you still in?

C'nor uploaded 427 words of short story about a person being indecisive.

Viera Champion is taking a break from the Challenge until July.

MeanMrsMustard passes with four MLP drawings and two comic pages.

Thus, TheWombatOfDoom and C'nor FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Lycundari and MeanMrsMustard PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 132 weeks
    Themes: 1 week

Lycunadari
    Current run: 18 weeks

TheWombatOfDoom

C'nor

Viera Champion

MeanMrsMustard
    Current run: 3 weeks

The theme, chosen by MeanMrsMustard is Youthful Folly

Next week's theme is chosen by me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

@Glass Mouse - I am still in, it's just been an insanely busy april, and I'm still working on catching up. I've also been preparing lesson plans for an art class I may be running shortly, and working on a few larger commissions that are art related. So in short, real life has been stealing my time from smaller projects.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #1005

Is that a 18-week streak i see?
    Current standing:
    Lycunadari
    Current run: 18 weeks
    Why yes, it is. Which means:
    Quote Originally Posted by Opening post View Post
    *snip*
    What are the prizes?
    • The first time you pass the 18 week mark, IncoherentEssay will craft and mail you one figurine of your choice*.

* within board rules and reasonable size constraints.
    *snip*
    Congratulations, Lycunadari. PM me once you've decided what you'd like for your prize and/or if you have any questions .
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Firbolg in the Playground

What is The Challenge's opinion on music, like small compositions?

Also, way to keep this going!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

You know what'll really throw off your submissions as a writer? Having your keyboard break at the start of the week.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Puush is being a derpface, so I'm gonna submit tomorrow after the AP Music Theory test.
    EDIT:
    1. http://puu.sh/2O4GG.jpg
    2. http://puu.sh/2Plbj.jpg
    3. http://puu.sh/2SPjQ.jpg
    4. http://puu.sh/2SQp6.jpg
    5. http://puu.sh/2SQp6.jpg
    6. http://puu.sh/2SStV.jpg
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2013-05-13 at 04:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    @Glass Mouse - I am still in, it's just been an insanely busy april, and I'm still working on catching up. I've also been preparing lesson plans for an art class I may be running shortly, and working on a few larger commissions that are art related. So in short, real life has been stealing my time from smaller projects.
    Ah, good to know, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    What is The Challenge's opinion on music, like small compositions?

Also, way to keep this going!
    I had to go back for that one. We've discussed it before, but I don't think we came to a solid conclusion. As someone who knows zero about music but has been listening to others, I'll say it depends.

Some guidelines from the previous discussion:
    • Someone said that two minutes for one piece is reasonable.
    • Every instrument counts as one, obviously (so composing a piece for three instruments will count as three pieces).
    • Lyrics count on their own.

But it depends on what you're composing, and what for. Rule of thumb is that every piece should take a minimum(!) of 25 minutes, so let me know

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    You know what'll really throw off your submissions as a writer? Having your keyboard break at the start of the week.
    Ouch, that sucks. I know the feeling - my wrist was hurting like hell yesterday, so I had to spend hours just drawing some simple stuff, and I absolutely couldn't write. I'm so glad I had the night off

I had a really good idea for the theme, too.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

And now: the status!

Glass Mouse passes with 792 words of essays and three character drawings.

Lycunadari passes with five spring photos and some stick figures.

C'nor didn't upload anything due to keyboard breakage.

Viera Champion didn't upload/send me anything.

MeanMrsMustard passes with six ponies, character drawings and misc. designs.

Thus, TheWombatOfDoom and C'nor FAIL this round!

Glass Mouse, Lycundari and MeanMrsMustard PASS this round!

Current standing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glass Mouse
    Current run: 133 weeks

Lycunadari
    Current run: 19 weeks

TheWombatOfDoom

C'nor

Viera Champion

MeanMrsMustard
    Current run: 4 weeks

The theme, chosen by me, is Flashbacks

Next week's theme is chosen by Lycunadari - let me know in PM or this thread, and I'll include it in the next status.
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2013-05-13 at 06:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Ouch, that sucks. I know the feeling - my wrist was hurting like hell yesterday, so I had to spend hours just drawing some simple stuff, and I absolutely couldn't write. I'm so glad I had the night off

I had a really good idea for the theme, too.
    Ouch. Hope you're okay? What happened to it?

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Ouch. Hope you're okay? What happened to it?
    Just strained from overuse - it's mostly fine today, as long as I keep mouse use to a minimum
    Last edited by Glass Mouse; 2013-05-13 at 07:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

23. - Top - End - #1013

Oh, flashbacks, that's a great theme for my story.
    Next week's theme is Rain and Sun!
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

24. - Top - End - #1014

I'm still on temporary hold till like June.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

I just wrote up 364 words on, of all things, tunnel construction, with a 212 word sidenote about the best way of cleaning the ventilation shafts for the lights:

Something you're forgetting: They not only need to be able to walk under those ceilings, they need to be able to have a full range of motion.

Since I'm unable to find average data for humans easily, I'm going to go with some rough numbers that should be in the ballpark and say that overhead extension is about 20 inches, or just over an additional foot-and-a-half. Armspan is approximately 70 inches, or almost six feet (which I actually do know; I remember finding that information at one time, in, of all things, a museum exhibit on birds). Shoulder width is also roughly 20 inches.

Anything that's exactly the size of one's armspan or smaller will restrict movement, thereby making it impossible to fight effectively, which for most D&D tunnels is a major concern. Even if it's not, it'll still cause issues, by doing things like making it difficult to carry objects to one side.

Overhead extension is, to some extent, less important in corridors, but it becomes pretty much necessary in living quarters, for reasons such as putting on clothes.

Shoulder width, meanwhile, means you need at least an extra 6, almost seven, inches, assuming you want two people to be able to walk side-by-side. And that's with only 3 inches between them, which is probably the minimum comfortable distance.

You're also neglecting the fact that ceilings are good places to hang lights from, as it will provide pretty much the maximum coverage for that area, and allows one to simply drill a straight shaft above it in order to let smoke escape*. If you want people to not be banging their heads on the lanterns or having to duck down every time they reach one, as well as being blinded by having to stare straight at each of them or be stooped over/cricking their neck by keeping it turned constantly/walking with their eyes closed, you'll either need to widen the corridor so as to allow them to walk past with a safe margin on either side and not be staring at it, or raise the ceiling so it's over their heads.

*Assuming one is relatively near the surface, of course. In lower sections, it's probably more viable to make the shaft turn, then go up through the walls of higher sections until it eventually reaches the surface. Buildup of particulates in the shafts due to smoke, dirt blown in from outside, etc., can be handled by various means, including having one of the duties of the acolytes in a temple be to use Create Water at the outlets for whichever ones are scheduled to be cleaned, and having a team below them to catch the water.

This option is likely the most attractive one in most cases, as the resulting water, while unfit for most consumption, can still be used for hydroponics, or even simply watering plants normally. Also, in Pathfinder, it can be cast as many times a day as necessary, and no matter what system you use, it only requires being at one end of the shaft, rather than having to have access points along the entire thing.

There's also the advantage that as water elementals are, theoretically, capable of changing shape, and can presumably breathe underwater, a 3rd level Cleric can send one in to clear actual blockages after this has been done, should it be necessary for some reason.
    Would this be creative enough to count for the Challenge?

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

Essays of various kinds are fine, as long as they're not made for work or school
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

Essays of various kinds are fine, as long as they're not made for work or school
    If that counted as either, I'd be delighted. Sadly, however, I do not, in fact, have a position where coming up with this sort of thing is work-related.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Glass Mouse, what would this count for, given our earlier discussion about poetry?

Spoiler
    Show
    The night arises, cold and still;
    Brings clinging mist to make you blind;
    Come down underneath the hill,
    That we can cut the shackles from your mind.
    Though knowledge makes a bitter pill,
    Is freedom not a better choice?
    To choose if and why you kiss or kill?
    Gain a say with your own voice?
    Then come down with us beneath the hill...

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Orc in the Playground

Why not? For consistency's sake then, if someone were studying fine arts/animation/etc (or works in those fields), would their drawings/paintings/etchings/etc for school/work not be eligible either?
    Last edited by flyingchicken; 2013-05-18 at 02:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1020

I know my excuses get old, but I just got back from a party and it's almost midnight in my timezone. Art'll be up tomorrow morning. Even though it's not themed, I'm pretty excited about it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show