New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes: Come in and help out!

WereWight

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites:
    Special: Must have had a level drained or survived an attack (but not killed) by a Wight
    Race: Any Medium or Large Humanoid or Giant

HD: D12 (HD from other classes become D12)

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +1
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form Wight, Lunar body, Undead Traits

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | Alternate form (Hybrid)

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    | Lunar Hide

4th|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    | Lifesense (Feat)

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    | Energy Drain

6th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | Turn Resistance (Feat)

7th|
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +3
    | Create Spawn: WereWight

8th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Create Spawn: Wight, Lunar Skin[/table]

Skills Points at Each Level: 4+Int mod
    Class Skills: The WereWight's class skills are Intimidate , Knowledge (Religion), Listen, Spot, Move Silently, Escape Artist, Diplomacy, Search

Proficiencies: A WereWight gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

For every level in WereWight, the WereWight's Abilities improve as shown below:

{table]WereWight Level|Ability Improvements
    1|+1Cha, +1Str
    2|+1Cha, +1Dex
    3|+1Cha, +1Str
    4|+1Cha, +1Dex
    5|+1Cha, +1Str
    6|+1Cha, +1Dex
    7|+1Cha, +1Str
    8|+1Cha, +1Dex
    [/table]

Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the WereWight:

Lunar Body: WereWight gains the (Undead) type and (Shapechanger) subtype. They gain Darkvision60 if they did not already possess it. A WereWight gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its Charisma modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below).

Undead traits: Immune to Sleep effects, Paralysis, Critical hits, Mind-Affecting, Poison, Stunning, Disease, Death, Energy Drain, Ability Drain, Str, Dex, Con Damage, Fort effects, Non-lethal, Fatigue, Exhaustion. No Con, no need to eat breathe or sleep, Negative Heals, Positive Harms.

Alternate Form: At first level, the WereWight gains a Wight Alternate Form. While in Wight form, the WereWight gains a bite attack dealing 1d10+Str mod damage and two claw attacks dealing 1d4+Dex damage. While in Wight form the WereWight has a base land speed of 40ft but cannot wield a weapon or speak

At second level, the WereWight can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between it's Wight form and it's Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the WereWight gains the natural attacks of the Wight form, but the movement speed increases by 10 and can wield a weapon and speak

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A WereWight can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

Lunar Hide: Gain DR=WereWight levels /Silver.

Lunar Skin change DR into WereWight levels+ 1/2 other class levels.

Lifesense: Gains Lifesense as a bonus feat.

Energy Drain: Living creatures hit with a natural weapon from a Werewight gain one Negative level. Fortitude save to get rid of a Negative level is 10+WerewightHD+Cha modifier.

Turn Resistance: Gain Turn Resistance as a bonus feat.

Create Spawn: WereWight: A living being who died from Energy Drain, failed at least 2 checks to get rid of negative levels caused by a WereWight or has had more than 3 levels drained becomes a WereWight, upon becoming a WereWight it gains WereWight Monster levels=to their original HD (maximum your HD-1 {if single-classes WereWight} or your WereWight level {if multiclassed}) if this exceeds the maximum level of WereWight monster levels it may take levels in classes it had prior to becoming a WereWight (If none take levels in it's Favoured Class).

Create Spawn: Wight: A living being killed by a WereWights natural weapons or Energy Drain becomes a Wight. Upon becoming a Wight it gains Wight Monster Class (Libris Mortis p.g.40)=to their original HD (Maximum your HD-1). If their HD exceeds the maximum level in the Wight class it may take levels in classes it had prior to becoming a Wight (if none take levels in it's Favoured Class)
    Special: You may choose to make a WereWight instead of a Wight if you wish.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I used the Wight Monster Class from Libris Mortis as inspiration rather than the MM Wight. I can't find the rules for different Fort, Reflex, Will Saves so I just did something that seemed to fit.
    Last edited by DragonOfUndeath; 2010-12-11 at 12:35 AM.
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay. This is a... highly disturbing trend, to say the least.
    Now, as a foreword, I'm not saying anything about the homebrewing skill of those involved, nor their merits. All I'm saying is that I think our efforts are a little misdirected here.
    Werewolf is fine. I'm not a fan of the class from a subjective viewpoint- hell, I'd take a werewolf off the SRD any day over that thing- but from an objective viewpoint, it's a very well done, polished class. As good as any other class on here, that's for sure. Then we had the werebear, and the wererhino and such. Fine, fine. Werehydra, okay. Werespider, rat, snake, another snake, great cat, great cat, great cat, great cat... fine, fine, fine...
    But now... seriously? What is the point? We have magical beasts, vermin and animals. Let's leave it at that. Not undead, not elementals. It defeats the purpose of a were-creature. I'm not telling you to shut it down or anything- hell, even if I had the power to, I wouldn't- but I'm asking, to all those future 'brewers who want to make a were-iron golem, or a were-illithid, or a were-aasimar. Please. We don't need a were-everything under the sun. Let's leave it to animals (and vermin and magical beasts), move on to actual bonified creatures, and end the madness.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-12-11 at 12:55 AM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    move on to actual bonified creatures, and end the madness.
    Skeletons are Bonified

WereSkeleton

I'm kidding, I understand where you are coming from
    Last edited by DragonOfUndeath; 2010-12-11 at 12:57 AM.
    call me Dragon

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOfUndeath View Post
    Skeletons are Bonified
    Ignore my previous statement. That pun was so bad it hit the very pinnacle of badness, and then had nowhere else to go and thus came out the other side on AWESOME.
    Go ahead. Make all the were-undeads you want.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ignore my previous statement. That pun was so bad it hit the very pinnacle of badness, and then had nowhere else to go and thus came out the other side on AWESOME.
    Go ahead. Make all the were-undeads you want.
    yessir *salutes then gets to work*
    call me Dragon

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

yessir *salutes then gets to work*
    Seriously, though, you need to talk with Chumplump about this were-undead thing if you haven't already. He's the therianthrope master, after all.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seriously, though, you need to talk with Chumplump about this were-undead thing if you haven't already. He's the therianthrope master, after all.
    i just saw the WereRemorhaz and got inspired, it took me about 15 minutes. I will talk to him when he comes online next
    call me Dragon

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Alrighty, Phrenic Creature has been altered to give fewer powers but far more versatility. More versatility than is offered by nearly any other monster class actually.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

So WereRemorhaz is OK then in purposes of acceptability?

It's probably going to be my last lyan anyway.
    Celestia Moon avatar by Dirtytabs. He is now the most awesome thing.

THIS
    Wins
    My website: Free Raptor Games
    Note: mostly abandoned due to lack of time.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Weretrex avatar by Bradakhan

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Re: Werewight: ... This concept seems a tad ... redundant? I mean, not quite so much as a were-ghoul, but still.

Re: Thorn: First-level increases make them much more palatable; still maybe not my first choice at first level, but not too bad, either. It's looking pretty good.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm half tempted to make a WereGecko now.

I joke! I joke!

Now then, lets have a look-y.
    The Grell needs to be proficient with all Grellcraft weps, I think.
    I don't see why they shouldn't.
    The WereWight needs to specify how Lifesense works, because not everyone has Libris Mortis and it's in the SRD on some undead anyway..
    I've skimmed through the WereRemorhaz, and everything looks in order.

Pandoryrm will be up either today, or tomorrow. I'm going to force myself to get it up even if I blow a blood vessel.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

On were-wight, the ability scores advance too fast and HD is too high.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-12-11 at 09:24 AM.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bec Noir avatar by Derjuin, thanks! Yes, that sword in his chest is a part of him.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

You know what? might as well critique the whole thing.

Comments are in the quote in blue.
    WereWight

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites:
    Special: Must have had a level drained or survived an attack (but not killed) by a Wight
    Race: Any Medium or Large Humanoid or Giant

HD: D12 (HD from other classes become D12) WAY too much.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +1
    |
    +0
    | Alternate form Wight, Lunar body, Undead Traits

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    | Alternate form (Hybrid)

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +1
    | Lunar Hide

4th|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    | Lifesense (Feat)

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +2
    | Energy Drain

6th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | Turn Resistance (Feat)

7th|
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +3
    | Create Spawn: WereWight

8th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Create Spawn: Wight, Lunar Skin[/table]

Skills Points at Each Level: 4+Int mod
    Class Skills: The WereWight's class skills are Intimidate , Knowledge (Religion), Listen, Spot, Move Silently, Escape Artist, Diplomacy, Search
    some of the required skills aren't on here.

Proficiencies: A WereWight gains proficiency with its own natural weapons, but not with armor or shields.

For every level in WereWight, the WereWight's Abilities improve as shown below:

{table]WereWight Level|Ability Improvements
    1|+1Cha, +1Str
    2|+1Cha, +1Dex
    3|+1Cha, +1Str
    4|+1Cha, +1Dex
    5|+1Cha, +1Str
    6|+1Cha, +1Dex
    7|+1Cha, +1Str
    8|+1Cha, +1Dex
    [/table]
    Huh? I think you should look at other were classes. You don't gain 2 upgrades every level.

Class Features: The following are the Class Features of the WereWight:

Lunar Body: WereWight gains the (Undead) type and (Shapechanger) subtype. They gain Darkvision60 if they did not already possess it. A WereWight gains a bonus to natural armor equal to its Charisma modifier while in Alternate Form (See Below).
    Make the undead type only while in alternate form. Also, it's supposed to be Con bonus to armor and half of it it normal form.

Undead traits: Immune to Sleep effects, Paralysis, Critical hits, Mind-Affecting, Poison, Stunning, Disease, Death, Energy Drain, Ability Drain, Str, Dex, Con Damage, Fort effects, Non-lethal, Fatigue, Exhaustion. No Con, no need to eat breathe or sleep, Negative Heals, Positive Harms.
    Again, only alternate form. Also, make this at a higher level, It's too much for level one.

Alternate Form: At first level, the WereWight gains a Wight Alternate Form. While in Wight form, the WereWight gains a bite attack dealing 1d10+Str mod damage and two claw attacks dealing 1d4+Dex damage. While in Wight form the WereWight has a base land speed of 40ft but cannot wield a weapon or speak
    1d10 at first level? No. Make it a bit lower, like 1d6 and get rid of a claw.

At second level, the WereWight can assume a Medium Hybrid form, between it's Wight form and it's Humanoid Form. While in Hybrid form, the WereWight gains the natural attacks of the Wight form, but the movement speed increases by 10 and can wield a weapon and speak
    increases? it should stay the same speed wise.

Assuming an Alternate form, or dismissing it, is a Full-Round Action that provokes an attack of opportunity. At 7 HD this changes to a Standard Action and at 14 HD this changes to a Move Action, at 20 HD this changes to a Swift Action.

A WereWight can assume its Alternate Form 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

Lunar Hide: Gain DR=WereWight levels /Silver.
    Look at the guide template for this.

Lunar Skin change DR into WereWight levels+ 1/2 other class levels.
    Why is this all the way up here?

Lifesense: Gains Lifesense as a bonus feat.
    Need to explain.

Energy Drain: Living creatures hit with a natural weapon from a Werewight gain one Negative level. Fortitude save to get rid of a Negative level is 10+WerewightHD+Cha modifier.
    Seems a bit early for negative levels. Also, make the save 10+1/2HD+Cha

Turn Resistance: Gain Turn Resistance as a bonus feat.

Create Spawn: WereWight: A living being who died from Energy Drain, failed at least 2 checks to get rid of negative levels caused by a WereWight or has had more than 3 levels drained becomes a WereWight, upon becoming a WereWight it gains WereWight Monster levels=to their original HD (maximum your HD-1 {if single-classes WereWight} or your WereWight level {if multiclassed}) if this exceeds the maximum level of WereWight monster levels it may take levels in classes it had prior to becoming a WereWight (If none take levels in it's Favoured Class).
    Firstly, you need to have a maximum limit for the Werewights you can control. Secondly, this is WAY too overpowered. Even if you could have 1 or 2 more werewights they could be stronger than you and you could easily tackle higher monsters, also making THEM yours. I'd say make it so you can have creatures whose HD is equal to or less than 1/4 yours and that your minions can't make other werewights.

Create Spawn: Wight: A living being killed by a WereWights natural weapons or Energy Drain becomes a Wight. Upon becoming a Wight it gains Wight Monster Class (Libris Mortis p.g.40)=to their original HD (Maximum your HD-1). If their HD exceeds the maximum level in the Wight class it may take levels in classes it had prior to becoming a Wight (if none take levels in it's Favoured Class)
    Special: You may choose to make a WereWight instead of a Wight if you wish.
    Same as above, although I don't know if this makes a difference.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I used the Wight Monster Class from Libris Mortis as inspiration rather than the MM Wight. I can't find the rules for different Fort, Reflex, Will Saves so I just did something that seemed to fit.
    I'm just bored, I know the werewight is probably not legal but whatever, I graded it anyway.

EDIT: Also, the ability for level 3 needs to be animal-only and the level 4 ability has to be hybrid-only.
    Last edited by Betropper; 2010-12-11 at 09:45 AM.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I changed grell proficiencies to read 'grellcraft weapons' instead. The rest, I'll have to think about.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

I don't believe it should be allowed... It's not an animal, vermin or magical beast... And it's possible some undead would have an Int of over 3 which is a no. I know ChumpLump has final say, but this is just a few rules I see it breaking...

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

@DragonofUndeath:

My critique still applies to this, but if you really want to make this make a different thread for it specifically.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Firbolg in the Playground

It should be noted that "Wight" and "Were" both mean "Man" (Male).

So your class is a "ManMan"

Or, rather, a "MalehumanMalehuman".

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Made some changes to the Grell's levitation (I forgot the feather fall! How can you be a balloonbrain without featherfall?) as well as its grappling.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

Werelementals:
    On the boarderline of where I stand on Therianthropes.
    They are primal, beastial creatures, knowing little more than rage and territory.

Wereremorhazes:
    I feel this belongs in another thread, and is not quite in line with the Community Based Monster Class project. Remorhazes are more than bestial, capable of 'complicated' strategy (Push man off cliff, go eat dead man). They aren't terribly... Rule of thumb Int of 3 is the absolute highest a Were-beast should have. And 3 is pushing it.

Werewight :
    I feel that this definitely belongs in another thread, Wereundead make very little sense to me in the first place... Wouldn't you become an undead from an infected undead's bite? Further the Wight is very clearly of intelligence of a human being. (Average human =10, average wight = 11 or 10.) We specifically, in this project, wish to avoid creating Antherions (See Here) because they are largely complicated, and are more of a new idea than a "Monster Class sans LA and RHD." That said I think you could have some fun moving this monster into your own thread and working on it there.

Busy, sick, and computer is hating me today. I'll get back to ya'll on half golem,
    Come with me, time out of mind...

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    Werelementals:
    On the boarderline of where I stand on Therianthropes.
    They are primal, beastial creatures, knowing little more than rage and territory.

Wereremorhazes:
    I feel this belongs in another thread, and is not quite in line with the Community Based Monster Class project. Remorhazes are more than bestial, capable of 'complicated' strategy (Push man off cliff, go eat dead man). They aren't terribly... Rule of thumb Int of 3 is the absolute highest a Were-beast should have. And 3 is pushing it.

Werewight :
    I feel that this definitely belongs in another thread, Wereundead make very little sense to me in the first place... Wouldn't you become an undead from an infected undead's bite? Further the Wight is very clearly of intelligence of a human being. (Average human =10, average wight = 11 or 10.) We specifically, in this project, wish to avoid creating Antherions (See Here) because they are largely complicated, and are more of a new idea than a "Monster Class sans LA and RHD." That said I think you could have some fun moving this monster into your own thread and working on it there.

Busy, sick, and computer is hating me today. I'll get back to ya'll on half golem,
    Ah, never realized Remorhazes had 5 Int.

THIS
    Wins

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Daemon

Wereremorhazes:
    I disagree on this one, personally. For me the key point is that remorhaz neither speak nor understand any language. They are smart animals, but I think they're intended to be more akin to very clever monkeys or dolphins. As far as dropping a victim from a high place and then going to eat the fallen critter, that's not more complicated than what real-world animals do. This is fairly easily observed by owning a cat and keeping its food in a bin on a shelf that can be jarred open by a fall.

That said, I think doing were-remorhaz before doing actual remorhaz is kind of goofy, and were-undead are, frankly, sort of a dumb idea. ("He's only a little bit dead! It's intermittent!")
    Last edited by Benly; 2010-12-11 at 12:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benly View Post
    ("He's only a little bit dead! It's intermittent!")
    Your friend he is only mostly dead!

Busy, sick,
    Hope you feel better soon. :(
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground

I disagree on this one, personally. For me the key point is that remorhaz neither speak nor understand any language. They are smart animals, but I think they're intended to be more akin to very clever monkeys or dolphins. As far as dropping a victim from a high place and then going to eat the fallen critter, that's not more complicated than what real-world animals do. This is fairly easily observed by owning a cat and keeping its food in a bin on a shelf that can be jarred open by a fall.
    Poor example, but Intelligence 5 is clearly higher than a dolphin or monkey. These creatures are capable of complicated thought, equivalent to that of a rather stupid human. Communication would come easily to a Int 5 creature, because Int 3 is where complicated thought and communication come into play. They are not primly bestial. Just hungry and strong.

That said, I think doing were-remorhaz before doing actual remorhaz is kind of goofy,

This is where my point stands. Therianthropes shouldn't be of player races. This is why I'm mildly not certain about elementals. They are primal, and bestial, and have the low intelligence, but they also could make player characters... But if the project wants to see a Wereremorhaz my opinion is just of the many.

and were-undead are, frankly, sort of a dumb idea. ("He's only a little bit dead! It's intermittent!"
    Critiquing Rule 1: Respect. Lets avoid addressing the intelligence level of an idea. Different, inappropriate to this thread (In my opinion), and tricky to implement. There is no reason to call anything dumb, it doesn't serve and it only puts your fellow brewer down. As a community we want to support each other, at least, I should hope so.
    Come with me, time out of mind...

24. - Top - End - #294

Daemon

Poor example, but Intelligence 5 is clearly higher than a dolphin or monkey. These creatures are capable of complicated thought, equivalent to that of a rather stupid human. Communication would come easily to a Int 5 creature, because Int 3 is where complicated thought and communication come into play. They are not primly bestial. Just hungry and strong.
    Except that remorhaz don't have language. They explicitly speak and understand no languages and have no special communication powers. D&D has this sort of category of creatures that are smarter than animals without exactly having humanlike intelligence, and remorhaz fall in that area. They don't canonically match the necessary rules for the lycanthrope template, but I also don't think the idea of a were-remorhaz or were-griffon is entirely absurd.

This is where my point stands. Therianthropes shouldn't be of player races. This is why I'm mildly not certain about elementals. They are primal, and bestial, and have the low intelligence, but they also could make player characters... But if the project wants to see a Wereremorhaz my opinion is just of the many.
    Well, I don't think remorhaz are a viable PC race under normal circumstances, but these threads also have playable purple worms and yellow musk creepers, with canonical Int of 1 and - respectively.

Critiquing Rule 1: Respect. Lets avoid addressing the intelligence level of an idea. Different, inappropriate to this thread (In my opinion), and tricky to implement. There is no reason to call anything dumb, it doesn't serve and it only puts your fellow brewer down. As a community we want to support each other, at least, I should hope so.
    Well, I'll amend it: I think they're an inherently goofy concept more suited to a joke race along the lines of the Awakened Calzone Golem. Now, granted, for all I know one of the threads has an Awakened Calzone Golem class, but I would say that if the intent is for the were-corpse to be taken seriously it's got a tough row to hoe. Is that better?

25. - Top - End - #295

Pandorym

Spoiler
    Show

Hit Dice: d6

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Class Features|Power Points|Powers Known|Maximum Level Power Known

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Pandorym Body, Crystalline Spray, Mental Power|4|-|-

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Warp Jump|6|-|-

3rd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |Ego Whiplash|11|-|-

4th|
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Manifestation of Will|17|2|1st

5th|
    +2
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |Faint Sign of Binding|25|3|1st

6th|
    +3
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Corporealize, Mental Smog|35|4|2nd

7th|
    +3
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |Magical Buffer|46|5|2nd

8th|
    +4
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |1st Facet of the Mind - Red Rage|56|6|3rd

9th|
    +4
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |Not Of This World, Telepathy|72|7|3rd

10th|
    +5
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |2nd Facet of the Mind - Orange Acid|88|8|4th

11th|
    +5
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |Moderate Sign of Binding|106|9|4th

12th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |3rd Facet of the Mind - Lightning Speed|126|10|5th

13th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +8
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |Psionic Leech|147|11|5th

14th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +9
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |4th Facet of the Mind - Green Glow|170|12|6th

15th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +9
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |Strong Sign of Binding|195|13|6th

16th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |5th Facet of the Mind - Turquoise Tyrant|221|14|7th

17th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +10
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |Anathematic Secrecy|250|15|7th

18th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |6th Facet of the Mind - Indigo Insanity|250|16|8th

19th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +11
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |Psionic Vortex|311|17|8th

20th|
    +10/+5
    |
    +12
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |7th Facet of the Mind - Purple Punishment, Overwhelming Sign of Binding|343|18|9th[/table]
    Skills Points at 1st Level: (2+Intelligence Modifier) x 4
    Skills Points at Each Level: (2+Intelligence Modifier)
    Class Skills: Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Speak Language (N/A), Spellcraft (Int), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Psionic Device (Cha).

All abilities granted by this class are (Su) abilities, unless otherwise noted

Proficiencies: Pandorym has no proficiencies, being a big, floating chunk of animated Psicrystal, but can wear certain items as noted below.

Pandorym Body(Ex): You lose all previous racial modifiers and gain the Outsider Type with the Psionic, Evil and Native subtypes.
    You become medium sized, gain a slam attack that deals 1d6+Cha mod damage, and can hover 1in off the ground, giving you a land speed of 40ft. You gain a flight speed of 40ft (Good) at 5th level. You have no fine manipulation, and any items you wear orbit 1in around your crystalline form, if they cannot be fitted onto the prism itself. You have no discernible weak-points, and so you gain immunity to Critical Hits.
    You gain Common as an automatic language, and gain any non-secret language of your choice as Bonus Language(s).
    Any effect that would swap your mind into another body (True Mind Switch, etc) instantly fails, for the crystal that houses your mind is a prison. Lastly, if Pandoryrm would be subject to the effects of a Catapsi power by failing it’s Will Save, it instantly becomes dazed for one round as it’s mind is distorted by the nullification effects.

Crystalline Spray (Su): At 1st level as a swift action, but only once per turn, you may make a ranged ray attack dealing 1d6 damage with a range of 30ft. You may treat this damage at slashing/piercing damage at your discretion. For every 3HD you have, this damage increases by 1d6.

Mental Power: At each level, you gain a pool of Power Points like a psionic manifesting class, as indicated on the table above. You also gain bonus power points for high Int, just like a Psion.

Warp Jump (Su): At 2nd Level, by paying 1 power point as an immediate action, you may increase all your movement speeds by 5ft for two rounds. You may expend extra pp to increase your movement speeds by 10ft for every extra 1 power points expended, but you may only expend a maximum amount of points equal to half your total HD at a time. At 11HD, you may pay 5 power points to manifest Dimension Slide as a PLA with a Manifester Level equal to your own. At 13HD, you can augment this power if you wish, and at 15HD you may increase the PP cost to 12 power points to manifest the power as an Immediate Action instead.

Ego Whiplash (Su): At 3rd level, you can "share" all the negative emotions you carry, knowing full well that this ravages the psyche of the mortal creatures. Once per day per 3 HD, you may make one creature within your line of sight make a will save with a DC of 10 + Cha Mod + HD/2 or take Cha damage equal to half your Int Mod. At 5th level, if the target fails their save you may choose to effect the victim with a Crushing Despair spell (Caster Level equal to your HD) instead. At 10HD, the Cha Damage caused by this effect becomes Cha Drain instead.

Manifestation of Will (Psi): At level 4, you gain the ability to manifest powers, as outlined below. You start at knowing two psion powers of your choice (Within certain limits, as below) at 4th level.
    Each time you achieve a new level past 4th level, you unlock the knowledge of new powers. You choose the powers known from the psion power list (This does not include Discipline Specific Lists). When you gain 4th level, you must choose 3 disciplines of psionic powers. You may only choose powers known from these disciplines, but the feats Expanded Knowledge and Epic Expanded Knowledge do allow you to learn powers from the lists of other disciplines or even other classes.
    You can manifest any power that has a power point cost equal to or lower than your manifester level, and the number of times you can manifest powers in a day is limited only by your daily power points. You simply know your powers; they are ingrained in your mind. You do not need to prepare them (in the way that some spellcasters prepare their spells), though you must enter a sort of meditation otherwise like sleep, to regain all your spent power points. The Difficulty Class for saving throws against your powers is 10 + the power’s level + your Intelligence modifier. You begin at 4th level with the ability to learn 1st-level powers. As you attain higher levels, you may gain the ability to master more complex powers, with the maximum level power you can learn at each level indicated on the class table. To learn or manifest a power, you must have an Intelligence score of at least 10 + the power’s level.

Faint Sign of Binding (Ex): At 5th level, your existence distorts the very links in the universe, making the transportation of matter very hard. Anyone casting a Conjuration spell (except spells with the Healing or Creation descriptors) within 30ft of you must make a Spellcraft check that has a DC of 10 + 1/2 HD + your Cha mod or lose the spell/spell slot with no effect. Also spells that force outsiders to their home plane (Such as Banishment) have their save DC’s decreased by your Cha mod.
    You may suppress/reactivate this effect and all other Seals of Binding, as a Free Action.

Corporealize (Ex): At 6th level, by paying 5 power points as a move action, you can materialize a memory of your physical form into a corporeal form, usually a pseudopodia or tentacle. You gain fine manipulation with this limb, which is a normal sized limb for your current size. You can use this ability to interact with the material world in all ways—picking up or moving objects, opening doors, holding weaponry, and so on. You can have up to Con Mod corporeal appendages in existence at one time, to remove one of your limbs is a free action, and the limbs exist until dismissal or destruction. An opponent can make sunder attempts against an appendage as if it were a weapon. An appendage has your HD worth of hit points and uses your AC. If the appendage is severed, you take damage equal to your number of HD.

Mental Smog (Ex): At 6th level, you can stretch the smog that collects around your prism-body around the battlefield and direct your mental focus through that, like electricity passed through water. When a Psionic power would require you to make any touch attacks (ranged or not), use can your HD-2 instead of your normal BAB score (Maximum 20), including determining extra attacks per round (If any), by paying an extra 2 power points that does not factor into the Manifester Limit.

Magical Buffer (Ex): At 7th level, your colossal intellect simply brushes away minor things like the Arcane, and Energy. You gain SR 11 + your HD. You also gain Resistance to Cold and Sonic equal to your HD. At 13HD, you gain immunity to polymorphing, petrification, and any other spell or ability that would alter your form. At 15HD, you are not subject to energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, or death from massive damage. At 20HD, you gain Immunity to Sonic Damage instead of Resistance.

1st Facet of the Mind – Red Rage (Su): At 8th level your mind becomes able to manifest it's base emotions, fractured and mostly separate. These are not emotions as mortals know, but unfathomable occurrences in your psyche that the naive mortals try to associate non-perpendicular thinking to. Your mind takes one facet at first – Red for Rage. You may pay 7 pp to affect any person within 15ft with your maddening thoughts, as per the Confusion spell. DC equal to 10 + HD/2 + Cha Mod, and a caster level equal to your Manifester level.

Not Of This World (Ex): At 9th level, you gain the Incorporeal Subtype as below.
    Incorporeal Traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While incorporeal, Pandorym is harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons, spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities. It has a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source, except for force effects or attacks made with ghost touch weapons. It can pass through solid objects, but not force effects, at will. Its attacks ignore natural armor, armor, and shields, but deflection bonuses and force effects work normally against them. An incorporeal creature always moves silently and cannot be heard with Listen checks if it doesn't wish to be. Pandorym uses its Str Mod for its attack rolls regardless of the subtype. However, if Pandorym is in a state of Psionic Focus they can use their Cha Mod instead.

Telepathy (Su): At 9th level, you gain Telepathy out a range equal to your HD x 10. This means you can communicate telepathically with any other creature within the given range that has a language. It is possible to address multiple creatures at once telepathically, although maintaining a telepathic conversation with more than one creature at a time is just as difficult as simultaneously speaking and listening to multiple people at the same time.

2nd Facet of the Mind – Orange Acid Mind (Su): At 10th level, your mind takes a second facet to symbolize your tainted, unfathomable mind. Anyone who uses mind-affecting effects on you must make a Will Save with a DC of 10+ HD/2 + Cha Mod or the effect fails and they take one point of Wis Drain as you lash out with your own powers. At 10th level, this becomes two points of Wis damage. At 15th level, this becomes 2 points of Wis Drain.

Moderate Sign of Binding (Su): At 11th level, your effects on this world become stronger and more pronounced. When a Conjuration (Summoning) spell’s duration expires and the creature that was summoned is within 60ft of you the summoned monster does not return home, is no longer under the caster’s control, and is Hostile towards the summoner regardless of alignment. Also, your hate of the Divine becomes apparent now. All Divine spell casters 60ft of you take a -1 penalty to their effective CL while in range.

3rd Facet of the Mind – Lightning Speed (Ex): At 12th level you become a fast thinker, and it’s reflected in your Psionic warfare. You only need to use a Swift Action to gain Psionic Focus (You still provoke AoO's when doing so). At 17HD, you may gain Psionic Focus by spending 5 power points as an immediate action instead, but only once per round.

Psionic Leech (Ex): At 13th level, any manifesters manifesting a power within 60ft of you must make a Manifester check with a DC of 10 + HD/2 + Cha Mod or use up a number of extra powerpoints equal to one Ľ of your HD. You may exclude yourself/your party members from your leeching.

4th Facet of the Mind – Green Glow (Su): At 14th level, your mind takes another facet; the facet of envy and greed, which you can use to infect the lesser races. As a full-round action requiring Concentration, you can make yourself appear near-exactly like the viewer's desire. This functions exactly like the Sympathy spell, with a few specifications. You may only effect one person at a time with this effect, and the object specified as the desired object must be yourself. Attacking the target immediately ends this effect, and their attitude towards you is shifted to hostile when this effect ends. The spell has a caster level equal to half your HD, a Will Save with a DC of 10 + Cha Mod + HD/2, and can be used once per day per 7 HD.

Strong Sign of Binding (Ex): At 15th level, your effects on this world are peaking and you are coming close to your pinnacle. Divine casters now take -2 to their CL while near you instead of -1 CL, and once per day per 5HD, you may put a Binding Hex on a creature within 30ft of yourself as a swift action. If they fail a Will Save with a DC of 10 + Cha Mod + 1/2HD, your target is hexed, and all Conjuration spells (except spells with the Healing or Creation descriptors) that allow for SR they cast, or are cast on them fail automatically for 24 hours.

5th Facet of the Mind – Turquoise Tyrant (Psi): At 16th level, your mind shows a 5th facet – tyranny. You gain Psionic Dominate as a PLA useable once per day per 8HD, with a Will DC equal to 10 + Cha Mod + HD/2.

Anathematic Secrecy (Ex): At 17th level, you gain the ability to obscure your existence to all but the mightiest of diviners. Whenever you would be the target or subject of a Divination spell, or a Clairsentience power, the caster/manifester must immediately make a Will Save with a DC equal to 10 + HD/2 + Cha Mod or the spell/power fails and they are affected by a Feeblemind spell with a Caster Level equal to your HD.

6th Facet of the Mind – Indigo Insanity (Psi): At 18th, the 6th facet of your mind manifests in a tangible form, i.e. your utter insanity. Anyone within 20ft of you must make a Will Save with a DC of 10 + 1/2HD + Cha Mod or be driven insane, as per the Insanity spell. No matter if they make the save or not, one person can only be affected by Indigo Insanity once per day. You may begrudgingly exclude your allies from your insanity inducing effect if you so wish to.

Psionic Vortex (Ex): At 19th level, you become a sink hole for any Psionic powers made near you. A Number of times per day equal to your Cha Mod, when you manifest a Psionic power, you may activate this ability. The power costs you 1pp less (Minimum 1) as you simply drain back wasted energy. Also, any manifester within 60ft of you must make a concentration check with a DC of 10 + Cha Mod +1/2HD or lose the Power’s effect, and the pp used. Allies are excluded from the draining if you wish them to be.

7th Facet of the Mind – Purple Punishment (Psi): At 20th level, you finally show the last facet of your mind – the violet, raw power of your mind congealed into one form. And your mind is a violent mind indeed. As a standard action HD/5 times per day, you may pay 17pp to violently shunt one person within your line of sight to the nightmarish place you call “home”. The target must make a Will Save with a DC of 10 + Cha Mod + 1/2HD, or be instantly shunted to a universe beyond even an Overdeity’s reach, perpendicular to the main Material Realm. On a successful save, the target takes 6d8 Force Damage from the matter-bending experience. If you successfully remove a target from reality, you are instantly healed a quarter of your Maximum HP (Cannot go above your maximum HP), from contact with your home energies. Anyone shunted to your home realm cannot be Raised or Resurrected, for they are not dead, but alive in the "other" world. This is not a good thing. This is never a good thing.
    This effect carries the [Teleportation] descriptor, but is not affected by any of your Signs of Binding. However, other outside influences my impede this ability regardless.

Overwhelming Sign of Binding (Ex): Your effects on the realm you are in are horrible, and you practically cordon off entire countries when you exist in them. No Conjuration spells (except spells with the Healing or Creation descriptors) of 5th level or lower cast in a 100 mile radius of you work whatsoever, and any spells in this range that contact extra-planar entities (Commune, Contact other Plane etc.) fail, unless a Will Save with a DC of 15 + Cha Mod + 1/2HD is made by the caster.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

Comments
    Wow. That hurt my head something fierce. Well, here is the Elder Evil Pandorym, a creature of the mind most exclusive. It has delayed psionics of a Psion, and even more limited than that and so in return for breaking one of the main commandments of optimization (THOU SHALT NOT LOSE ML'S) has a few cool effects, like gimping Summoners/Teleporter and Clerics/Druids, being a Psionic Sink Hole, teleportation abilities, and 7 cool effects that turn it into a Lovecraftian Mood Lamp. Psychedelic man .

Creature of Annihilation
    Epic Prestige Class

Spoiler
    Show

Prerequisites
    To become a Creature of Annihilation, the character must meet the following requirements

Prerequisite: Overwhelming Sign of Binding class feature.

Hit Dice: d6

{table=head]Level|Class Features

1st|Body of Annihilation

2nd|Perpendicular Psionics

3rd|Mental Subjugation

4th|Epic Sign of Binding

5th|Gateway to Madness[/table]

Skills Points at Each Level: (2+Intelligence Modifier)
    Class Skills: Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Speak Language (N/A), Spellcraft (Int), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Psionic Device (Cha).

Body of Annihilation: At 1st level, your crystalline prison finally gives out, and shatters, revealing your true form. From memories and energies you build a new body, a perfect sphere of utter darkness. You grow to Large Size or one size category larger, whichever is bigger. Also, anyone or anything that comes in contact with you must make a Fortitude Save (DC 10 + Cha Mod + HD) or be annihilated from creation, as per touching a Sphere of Annihilation. This malign ability can be suppressed or activated as a free action.

Perpendicular Psionics (Ex): At 2nd level, your mind swells and grows in impossible ways. You gain a continual True Seeing effect with a Caster Level equal to your HD, and secondly, when you gain this level you may choose to benefit from one of the following;
    • You may add any two psionic powers to your powers known,
    • You may gain 30 extra power points,
    • You may gain two [Psionic] Bonus Feats, or one Bonus Feat of any kind,
    • You may increase any one of your mental stats (Cha, Int, Wis) by 2

Mental Subjugation (Psi): At 3rd level, the Creature of Annihilation can impose it's impossible will upon near-anything it wants to. Creatures within 30 feet of you must succeed on a Will Save with a DC of 10 + Cha Mod +HD/2 every round or be affected as if by a Dominate Monster, Psionic power (Manifester Level equal to your HD). A creature that succeeds on this saving throw takes 1 point of Wisdom drain instead. A creature already dominated doesn't need to make any saves until the duration of the domination ends.

Epic Sign of Binding (Ex): At 4th level, your control over the multiverse grows to frightening levels as you ready yourself to tear this world asunder, in an attempt to go "home". All Conjuration (Summoning or Teleportation) spells cast in the same plane of existence as you instantly fail unless the caster makes a Will Save with a DC of 10 + your Cha Mod + HD/2, and anyone who fails this save takes 5 points worth of Wisdom Damage.

Gateway to Madness (Su): At 5th level, you tear reality asunder and rip the stars out of the sky as you crack a portal to your home. In a ritual taking 8 hours and costing 100pp (Ignore Manifesting Limits for this ritual), you can open a special Gate to your "home". This is a two way Gate to your maddening home, and so 1d4 Umbral Blots can be summoned at the end of the ritual if you wish. You can "communicate" with the Umbral Blots and they serve you as per the Summon Monster line of spells, but stay with you until death or Banishment/similar effect. Anyone not native to your home realm and passes through the gate is forever lost, torn asunder by the alien laws of the Perpendicular Reality. Such a blatant disregard for the laws of reality is sure to invoke the wrath of the Gods themselves and is expected by you, but let them come. Let them send their angels and their demons to die at your dictation.
    Reality has no hold on you now, and neither do they.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show

11/12/10 - Basically it's lost fine manipulation and some skill points and got slower Flight Speed, Ego Whip is useable less times per day, the binding signs have a smaller penalty to divine spells, and been given saves as well as Indigo Insanity, it's got SR instead of Psionic Buffer and based all the saves off WIS. Now, bear with me, because i've blown up the Epic Prc
    2) It floats at 1st level, not flies! The Signs have been toned down, Warp Jump is slahed in half with regards to how far you can go, Ego Whiplash needs payment, divine casters get gimped less, and you can only send people insane once per day, per person.
    3) Indigo Insanity needs PP in order for it to take effect now.
    12/12/10 - Indigo Insanity has been changed. It's permanent, but you gotta get right up to the bugger in order to go bonkers. Also, Warp Jump has been nerfed so you can't just jump towards your opponent all the time.
    15/01/11 - Drastically reduced the amount of Powers Known, for balance's sake.
    30/01/11 - I've fixed broken wording, and cleared up Ego Whiplash so it's a bit more tame. Also, the powers known have been sorted out. You get 3 disciplines, end of, so with the Psychic Warrior-eque powers known, it's not as broken.
    1/02/11 - More grammar editing, it's now indicated that all class abilities are (Su), bar Crystalline Body, and added Corporealize and Telepathic Backlash/Anathematic Secrecy (Smushed into one), which is straight from the actual Elder Evil itself, slightly edited for player useage. Have decided giving out boni to stats would be broken, as Int is the only one that makes sense and we know that's not happening. Any suggestions for the 9th level ability?
    6/02/11 part 1 - Crystalline Spray scales, Wis has been changed to Cha in the abilities, Lightning Speed is Swift Action, wordinghas been fiddled with, and 1st level sucks a bit less.
    part 2 - Finally got round to adding the Epic Levels. Cry Havok, and let slip the eldritch hounds of insanity!
    7/02/11 - Manifestation of Will is sorted out, and Psionic Vortex has been nerfed - Slightly. Mental Focus has been added so Pandorym can zap people worth a damn.
    28/02/11 - Lots of grammatical chan
    ges, and Psionic Leech scales, and Pandorym can wear other stuff as normal, only it floats around it in some sort of psychic field, or something.
    19/03/11 - Clarified the skill lists better (Why did UMD and UPD go AWOL?), made the saves neater, and rammed both the main class + the epic prc through a spell checker. Now, let us see if I can get a critique without infuriating everyone .
    22/03/11 - The sorta-useless/sorta-good ability that was Green Glow has been reworked to be a slightly gimped Sympathy (for flavor and balance, I guess). Also delayed the flight to 5th level, because that's when you get manifesting, Mental Focus is now Mental Smog and makes a bit more sense (I hope), Crystalline Spray has been given the switcheroo with Warp Jump so Pandorym has something to do at 1st level, and Ego Whiplash has a Crushing Despair option at 5th level.
    23/03/11 - Full BaB by lots of people's requests, fixed some saves that were broken, Corporealize has no limit (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!), Mental Smog requires payment, Not Of This World has been clarified, and Warp Jump covers the annoyingly specific but incredibly flavor-fitting abilities at 11, 13 and 15 HD with a panic button ability. Because everyone likes to press buttons.
    18/04/11 - No, i'm not dead. Long live the king! Anyway, went back, and neatened out some annoying errors I didn't like. Added a last ability for Lightning Mind at 17HD, clarified more things that annoy me (wow, my ability wording was bad), and neatened out the page. Snazzy.
    23/04/11 - Added some immunities that I forgot to add, and then I added some Telepathy, because that's what the original monster has.
    25/04/11 - Crystalline Spray doesn't cost pp anymore, because that was a bit cruel at lower levels. It's now a swift action, once per turn, and scales.
    Last edited by TheGeckoKing; 2012-08-10 at 05:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

I really think that any -Thropes that aren't explicitly in the monster manuals (ie. statblocked and/or pictures) should have their own thread. It started with Werehydra, and I think it's gotten out of hand since. I think the goal of this thread should primarily be to create viable PC roles for all of the official monsters. Getting too far into homebrew and 'what if' creations is straying from that goal.

Updated the Purple Worm. It's been almost two months, so my apologies there. As I said in the comments, I thought I'd updated it, but must have closed tab before submitting, and haven't been checking in due to a busy work schedule.

Replaced the original Stone Giant picture with something less grainy & blurry.

If there's no objections, I'm thinking I might take Manticore to get back in the swing of things. Cr5, has a language, and very much in the same vein of what I've been doing as of late.

edit - Deleted my repost of the purple worm. Was largely accidental, so sorry for any confusion there.
    Last edited by Hyudra; 2010-12-11 at 03:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

I am now happy with how the Phrenic creature looks and will now give it my nomination.

On the abundance of were-everythings: I was fine just with the monster manual standard and other animals, I kinda think everything beyond that is a bit much. They all have a very similar feel and I feel energies would be better directed towards converting monsters into classes, rather then making all these hybrids. Really, unless there exists rules from them inside the monster manuals, I think the other weres should be in a thread of their own. Were-wight especially makes little sense as they already have a means of creating more of themselves.

EDIT: I'm finishing up my final project for college this weekend, so after that's done I'll be able to more actively help improving monsters.

Though I do feel the unfinished list is rather large and unwieldy currently. I don't think we should speed up in getting creatures approved, but maybe slow down a bit in creating classes? The more classes there are unfinished the less attention each individual class gets. I feel things are getting bogged down, and the thread moving too quickly for some monsters to get the commentary they deserve.
    Last edited by Zemro; 2010-12-11 at 02:27 PM.
    Homebrew Monster Classes:
    Arcadian Avenger|Thorn|Marrash|Justice Archon

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Zemro Shivic View Post
    Though I do feel the unfinished list is rather large and unwieldy currently. I don't think we should speed up in getting creatures approved, but maybe slow down a bit in creating classes? The more classes there are unfinished the less attention each individual class gets. I feel things are getting bogged down, and the thread moving too quickly for some monsters to get the commentary they deserve.
    I've only just returned and skimmed the existing content, so can't comment too thoroughly. If the issue is the sheer quantity of posters (and I seriously think the removal of the Weres will reduce that), then we might take a stance where we ask someone to seriously critique 3-5 other people's work before they post a new monster.

If the issue is multiple monsters being submitted by one person, then we could enforce the rule that was evident in the old thread, where a poster can't post something new until they've finished & successfully submitted their previous work.

The... rather extensive critiquing/endorsement process that I'm noting in the OP might also account for it.
    Last edited by Hyudra; 2010-12-11 at 02:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299

Right, Pandorym is up, but it's been collecting dust in Word for ages. Please, look at it, at your leasure. I'm not too desperate for people to look at it for now, because I'm more desperate to get Swarmshifter and Umber Hulk all polished and done and stuff.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rumel View Post
    I don't believe it should be allowed... It's not an animal, vermin or magical beast...
    Neither is an elemental.

And it's possible some undead would have an Int of over 3 which is a no.
    And all elementals have intelligence 3+.

If you can make a were-elemental, he can make a werewight.
    Honestly, I don't think either of them should be done at all, though. Again, I'm not telling you to shut down what you've already done, but really, it's just silly.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2010-12-11 at 03:45 PM.