New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Erfworld, The Thread.

Interesting, we have had not one, but two people join this forum JUST to be insulting to Rob.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

It's probably just venting; this is the only other forum I've seen where lots of Erfworld readers can be found, so it's the logical place for it. Those complaints should be on the Erfworld forum, but Rob deletes every thread in the complaint section there that doesn't sing his praises.

What gets me about this whole thing is Rob's sense of entitlement, believing that fans and readers can be summarily dismissed and left in an updateless void for over two months, immediately after they donate tens of thousands to him.

I'm probably going to take a break as well; GW2 arrives soon for a substitute entertainment factor.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Halfling in the Playground

I for one am glad that GiTP has passively allowed us to house our discussion of the topic here while Rob has his moment.
    Nobody WANTS to be the one who has to register "bbs.robbalderisajerk.com"

4. - Top - End - #844
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Interesting, we have had not one, but two people join this forum JUST to be insulting to Rob.
    I honestly can't remember my original login info as it's been 4 or 5 years since I last posted here. I'm not sure if inactive accounts get deleted but my email info returns nothing so oh well. If Rob had just continued going in silence I'd just be quietly grumbling to myself but his behavior towards fans was so insulting I just had to vent somewhere.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

So what do people think of the new Wanda image?
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

6. - Top - End - #846
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Excuse-making cop out.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Seems almost a genuinely happy child?
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Pixie in the Playground

Anyone else notice that the references to "schedule" show up whenever an update does get made? Have I missed an instance where he actually says what that will be? Admirable that he wants to avoid slippage through however long "til the end of book 2" happens to be but considering how the last schedule played out with text updates being completely abandoned I'd actually like to see the guy commit sooner rather than later. Not ever gonna happen (like trying to nail down jello) but we could hope.

9. - Top - End - #849

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2012-05-18 at 04:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

RE: 849. Um, no. That crosses a line. Please rethink what you just said.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

11. - Top - End - #851
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Locked for review. This forum has rules against external baggage and flaming other posters. I can understand being upset, but this forum has rules specifically to prevent it from being used a haven for hate about stuff from elsewhere.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-05-16 at 08:52 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

12. - Top - End - #852
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Mod They Call Me: Re-opened. Just keep in mind that, while it is permissible to post grievances/complaints here, carrying over anger or hostility from other forums or websites is considered external baggage and not permitted.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

13. - Top - End - #853

Well there seems to be regular line art coming out.

I suppose it is nice to see those updates get some imagery.

14. - Top - End - #854

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-05-19 at 06:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Downwitherf View Post
    {Scrubbed}
    Your "opinion and fact" was that we should ensure Rob becomes homeless and miserable. I don't care how much of a jerk he's been recently, that's just plain uncalled for.
    It's just a comic. The world's hasn't stopped spinning just because Erfworld is in the crapper. Calm down.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-05-19 at 06:06 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-05-19 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Working on a few storyboards now, trying to figure out the best way to present things.
    Should have something to show y'all by the end of next week :D

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    Working on a few storyboards now, trying to figure out the best way to present things.
    Nice. Something to look forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

19. - Top - End - #859

You know, I wasn't sure you would have time to accomplish this, but within the scope it seems that two more weeks would definitely be reasonable, good luck!

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

At least we'll have something "real" to discuss about!
    (thumbs up)
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

21. - Top - End - #861

Rob has access to the mods here on Gitp, and I have been specifically warned not to tarnish Rob's name as he is "a friend of The Giant and we will not have his good name tarnished on our forums, you have been banned"

Well they were too lazy to ban me so Rob and the staff here F.U.C.K you, you are all scum. Dont support these A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S

22. - Top - End - #862
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rob has access to the mods here on Gitp, and I have been specifically warned not to tarnish Rob's name as he is "a friend of The Giant and we will not have his good name tarnished on our forums, you have been banned"

Well they were too lazy to ban me so Rob and the staff here F.U.C.K you, you are all scum. Dont support these A.S.S.H.O.L.E.S
    You clearly don't get it. Just please don't ruin things for everyone else and get this thread locked.

23. - Top - End - #863

Well they were too lazy to ban me so Rob and the staff here uhhh so if you see Kay, tell her I said hi you huggable scamps!
    Score 1 Aggressive Paranoia

Score 0 Common Decency
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2012-05-22 at 08:10 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

24. - Top - End - #864

You know, there are other sites on the Internet that you could go to and complain about Erfworld. Try the bad webcomics wiki or even something awful. Just please don't get this thread locked with your rude behavior.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

There's a difference between criticism and name-calling. If you want to state that there's a problem and you don't like it, you can do that all you want here. If you want to spew insults, hateful labels, and personal attacks at people, that will get you banned no matter who you're directing it at.

Downwitherf and anyone else complaining about mod handling of your posts about Rob and Erfworld here, I am almost certain that the identity of the target of your vitriol is largely incidental to any infraction(s) and/or ban you have received. The kind of behavior some of you have exhibited here would get similar punishments even if it were directed at a random forum member who registered last month. It is the manner of your posts, not your target, that is the chief problem here.

I get that you're upset and angry, but please, if you must say something about it say it calmly and without insults or personal attacks.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2012-05-22 at 10:06 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

26. - Top - End - #866

I'm loving how we're apparently all scum because we don't fanatically hate some guy for screwing up his own free internet comic.
    Last edited by TheLaughingMan; 2012-05-22 at 10:43 PM.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ponytar by akrim.elf

27. - Top - End - #867
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

*whistles innocently*

28. - Top - End - #868
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Standard operating procedure is to scrub nonsense like this, but on this occasion, I thought it worth responding, just to make things clear going forward.
    Rob has access to the mods here on Gitp,
    This is untrue. I imagine he could log in and send one of us a PM or report a post. He probably has an email address for Rich, though certainly no word has come to us through Rich in that regard. Rob did have mod access over the Erfworld subforum back when the comic was actively updated here. He hasn't had that, or said anything behind the scenes since then. I don't think he even reported these posts. The idea that we're doing his bidding or even that he's weighing in is patently false.

and I have been specifically warned not to tarnish Rob's name as he is "a friend of The Giant and we will not have his good name tarnished on our forums, you have been banned"
    This is either a misunderstanding that "Infraction" does not equal "Banned" or a purposeful falsehood. I've reviewed all of this poster's Infractions and none of them say anything like that.

One person's "too lazy" is another person's "given the opportunity to learn and follow the Forum Rules by being issued only Infractions as earned." While the account sure looks like it was made just to flame and troll, this poster was treated with the same process and given the same opportunity to reform as anyone else.

Just to be clear, Rob doesn't moderate here any more. He doesn't have any access to the mods other than what any poster has through PM or reported posts. We don't moderate any special way to protect or defend him.

We do, however, have rules against any flaming of any poster (which includes Rob), trolling of any kind, and bringing external baggage to this forum.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-05-22 at 11:22 PM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

29. - Top - End - #869
    Firbolg in the Playground

The worst part is that people like that are exactly what Rob associates with every one of us who voiced a negative opinion and got banned for it. The delivery destroys the message, such as it is.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

It's not really difficult to tell the difference between "this is bad business/moderation practice and makes for bad PR" and "you're a terrible person and should be made to live on the street." D:

Honestly, as someone who has been with the comic from the beginning, ever since the first... six I think comics went up at once, the whole debacle with the nuclear moderation is kind of heartbreaking to hear about. So this is going to be a bit long, sorry.

I mean, people always complained. Oh sweet marmalade did they complain, and on certain occasions so did I. There were complaints and criticism from Hawaii to Kansas starting more or less the second Erfworld hit the GitP page. People complained about Parson not immediately picking up on all the mechanics, about basically every character (except Scarlet), about more or less every twist and turn in the whole of Book 1. Why isn't Parson rolling over everyone like a katamari, why is Jillian or Stanley anything, why does Wanda get shot, why is Charlie so overpowered, etc etc.

And then in Book 2 too. So and so is carrying the idiot ball, and here's a page-long essay on why not being privy to the reader's information and viewpoint makes this character temporarily braindead for the purpose of driving the plot forward. And so on and so on.

Maybe my memory's going. I remember Rob (who did dip in on the forums now and then) seeming a bit annoyed about it at times but overall being pretty good about the whole thing. Lumping in the people who are passionate (or, let's be fair, bored) enough to seriously analyze and pick apart the world he created and passionate (or, let's be fair, bored) enough to go stir-crazy asking for more... lumping those people in with trolls and taking out the good people with the bad makes me a bit sad inside. Following it up with a statement that he doesn't care about fairness or rules and will, in fact, ban someone for being reacted to badly is just adding insult to injury.

I mean, the point of rules is one of security: that you can learn and follow them and be basically okay. There's a reason the rule of law has been deemed superior to the whim of man, after all! So, uh, basically, seeing Rob declare himself tinpot dictator of all things Erf (even though he always had absolute power) is a real bummer. I could take the long and lengthening delays, the glacial pacing even when updates were happening, but this is too much.

Sorry Erf, I'm out, I don't care any more. As far as I'm concerned, Parson conquered the world, learned that wasn't what was important to him and went home determined to make something of himself.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2012-05-23 at 02:27 AM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu