New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld, The Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, seems that someone has a bit of problem keeping her pants on. And evidence that Wanda had been at this city at one time.
    Clearly it's not her fault. Olive's magic is at work there. The invaders' force will "relax" after the easy win, and they will be caught by surprise.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New update. Isaac's using his Titan-given talents. However, I'm confused on something. Isn't the portal to Spacerock already closed? It fizzled when the tower fell and took Cubbins with it, leading to that trick of Jack's with the severed head. And yet, Isaac mentioned a "portal to Jetstone" that is presumably still an option, given that he warns against it. Where, then, is this portal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nope, there's a lot of confusion about it, but the reason the tower falling was significant is because people thought Slately would die from it and end the Side, dispelling the portal.

The portal fizzing was all part of Jack's illusion to get past the Thinkamancers.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

4. - Top - End - #1024

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    It fizzled when the tower fell and took Cubbins with it, leading to that trick of Jack's with the severed head
    Nope, that was just foolamancy. In fact, if you look at panels 4, 6 and 8 of that very strip you'll see it over Parson's shoulder (who is standing at the top of the stairs, facing into the tunnel). while in the last panel you can see the tower still standing.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChowGuy View Post
    Nope, that was just foolamancy. In fact, if you look at panels 4, 6 and 8 of that very strip you'll see it over Parson's shoulder (who is standing at the top of the stairs, facing into the tunnel). while in the last panel you can see the tower still standing.
    I guess you're right. I confess that I had been confused about that, too, thinking that Rob had screwed up. But it was all just Jack's foolamancy.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

But Cubbins got a whole climactic death scene where he blew off all the air defenses as the tower fell. Does the city just go down a level (or two, depending on the leveling capabilities of the destroyed Atrium), without any other consequences once Slately was in the airspace rather than in the tower?
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    But Cubbins got a whole climactic death scene where he blew off all the air defenses as the tower fell. Does the city just go down a level (or two, depending on the leveling capabilities of the destroyed Atrium), without any other consequences once Slately was in the airspace rather than in the tower?
    Yeah, something like that. As long as the city still exists, still belongs to an active side, and is still that side's capital, it still has a portal to the Magic Kingdom.

At the moment, Slately's life is the only thing keeping the side in existence, and the attack on the tower was an attempt to kill him. The tower by itself doesn't mean all that much besides some battle bonuses, it just happened to also be the location of King Slately. The danger was that if they succeeded in killing Slately then the side would no longer exist, Spacerock would no longer be an active capital city, and that would cause it to no longer have a portal.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2012-08-09 at 10:04 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

8. - Top - End - #1028

When Parson leveled the tower at GK in book 1, the city wa reduced to a level 1, and that was before he blew up the rest of it, but Portal was still there for him to first escape and then return through. Presumably all you need is a designated capitol site for a side to keep it's portal.
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChowGuy View Post
    When Parson leveled the tower at GK in book 1, the city wa reduced to a level 1, and that was before he blew up the rest of it, but Portal was still there for him to first escape and then return through. Presumably all you need is a designated capitol site for a side to keep it's portal.
    Nope. Parson's order was "Tower down! Tunnels down! Wreck everything but the dungeon! Do your worst." and that led to the FoxMUD guy getting in so easily. Sizemore: "We're a Level 1 city now, Warlord! We're so porous, anyone can walk in." That implies to me that the tower is not the entirety of a city's levels, albeit a potentially large percentage of them. Agreed on the portal still being there, which of course invalidates my entire confusion to begin with.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Halfling in the Playground

So, did Tramennis ever actually get promoted to Heir?

And does anyone else feel like Archons basically get screwed over just by existing? More so than other erfworld units, anyway.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
    So, did Tramennis ever actually get promoted to Heir?

And does anyone else feel like Archons basically get screwed over just by existing? More so than other erfworld units, anyway.
    What is Ansom's status now, seeing that Ossomer turned in Wanda's absence? Would a liberated Ansom block Tramennis' path to the throne?

12. - Top - End - #1032

New Prequel Text Update

Spoiler
    Show

That mannequin is creepy. So, drugged food?

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems very likely that the food is drugged, it's a good callback to how the florist whose name escapes me currently dealt with wanda's brother...
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    What is Ansom's status now, seeing that Ossomer turned in Wanda's absence? Would a liberated Ansom block Tramennis' path to the throne?
    Erfworld doesn't work that way--I'm pretty sure there can only ever be one designated Heir at a time (note Slately thinking he made the wrong son his heir back when Tramennis was planning the counterattack), so if Tramennis had been so designated it would have cancelled Ansom's designation anyway, even if such a thing stayed in place after a unit turned to another side (which I doubt).

As for if he's actually been made Heir, pretty sure that hasn't happened because Slately didn't get the Schmuckers he needed to do it from Transylvito--that was in one of the text updates a while back.

15. - Top - End - #1035

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    Seems very likely that the food is drugged, it's a good callback to how the florist whose name escapes me currently dealt with wanda's brother...
    That lady was Olive Branch.
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

16. - Top - End - #1036

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Erfworld doesn't work that way--I'm pretty sure there can only ever be one designated Heir at a time (note Slately thinking he made the wrong son his heir back when Tramennis was planning the counterattack), so if Tramennis had been so designated it would have cancelled Ansom's designation anyway, even if such a thing stayed in place after a unit turned to another side (which I doubt).

As for if he's actually been made Heir, pretty sure that hasn't happened because Slately didn't get the Schmuckers he needed to do it from Transylvito--that was in one of the text updates a while back.
    Not yet, but he's going to get the Archon bounty from Charlie..

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    The tip off should have been all of that nice, fresh fruit in a city only guarded by croaked and plants. If none of the enemy were there to be eating the "provisions," think twice before you decide to eat them.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Orc in the Playground

Talk about creepytown, everything about it is.
    Awesome avatar by RustMonster

Constipated Lizard Slayer

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Stegyre View Post
    The tip off should have been all of that nice, fresh fruit in a city only guarded by croaked and plants. If none of the enemy were there to be eating the "provisions," think twice before you decide to eat them.
    On the upside it seem to have just knocked them out rather than killed them. Also they left the city. Most traps of this sort (yeah, I have seen a number of writers use it) the people are still in the town/city when they eat the tainted food. If they are VERY lucky they might not be found before they wake up. Don't think that will happen though since Wanda has to meet Jillian.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Charlie is most certainly cribbing parson's personal notes..
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh, Hamstard... you holographically projected mascot...

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

Not even two months and he's already at filler.

Well done.

23. - Top - End - #1043

BarbarianGuy

Portal must be saran-wrapped. Ain't boop getting through anytime soon.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    Portal must be saran-wrapped. Ain't boop getting through anytime soon.
    Hmm, I don't necessarily expect Parson WILL get through the portal, though it was justification for him entering the MK. I think the main action here is the brewing fight with the MK and all the different factions, as well as Charlie trying to strike at Parson in another way.

I wouldn't view the Magic Kingdom as merely a Wacky Wayside Tribe that we have to slog to get to the 'real' action of the Jetsone fight, but a battle every bit as important (though more subtle) to the plot.

After all now Wanda's in the MK, if Jetstone escape or sucessfully repel the invasion, it's not such a big deal for GK beside losing the Decrypted forces in the hex.

But if Parson or Wanda are captured in the MK it has HUGE implications for GK, much more so than Jetstone, as well as for Erfworld as a whole.

Remember how in Bk 1 people kept calling Ansom's lucky escapes as bull****? And then it was revealed that Erfworld / the Titans might be deliberately forcing that to occur?

I think what it happening is similar to that in that the apparent goal may not be where the plot is heading. After all the Unspoken Plan Guarantee has already been voided...

If you are tired of all the talking and no action in the MK, remember that each caster is effectively a walking nuke, and some of them are from different sides, so it's not suprising that people don't want to break the only Neutral zone Erfworld has...

Parson is about to change this however, and we finally see a Magic fight.

25. - Top - End - #1045

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    ...If you are tired of all the talking and no action in the MK, remember that each caster is effectively a walking nuke, and some of them are from different sides, so it's not suprising that people don't want to break the only Neutral zone Erfworld has...

Parson is about to change this however, and we finally see a Magic fight.
    I am just annoyed that Parson's "Let's get me in this fight right now" was so empty.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by cervidal View Post
    Not even two months and he's already at filler.

Well done.
    If you think this is filler, then you have not been paying attention.

27. - Top - End - #1047

If you think this is filler, then you have not been paying attention.
    Agreed, the proper term for this page is "info dump", not filler.

Clearly, as much as I wish otherwise, we are about to get into the whole "Charlie is hacking thinkagrams" reveal that has been hinted about for awhile now. Sigh. Which means Parson ain't crossing that portal any time soon.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2012-08-16 at 09:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow. Wanda has had a REALLY bad time since she was captured. I didn't think it was her because of the description.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow. Wanda has had a REALLY bad time since she was captured. I didn't think it was her because of the description.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's some debate on the official forum about whether this is reality or part of Jillian's dream, but personally I think it's happening in thinkspace, so more then a dream, but not a physical reality either. If that's the case, take her Signamancy with a grain of salt.

There's also speculation of a caster link, even a trimancer link with Olive, but
    we know that Wanda in later times uses scrolls and powders similar to what Maggie used on the Tool) so I don't think that's necessary.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly their relationship makes a lot more sense.
    Awesome avatar by RustMonster

Constipated Lizard Slayer