Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fangirl Swarm

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fangirl Swarm

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Mob is just a version of Swarms adapted for larger creatures. Dunno that either term is quite right for this, though...
    Mobs are ruled prettymuch as "groups of at least 50 Small, Medium or Large creatures of the humanoid, monstrous humanoid or giant types" if I recall right.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Mobs are ruled prettymuch as "groups of at least 50 Small, Medium or Large creatures of the humanoid, monstrous humanoid or giant types" if I recall right.
    Not quite right. All Mobs have 30 HD. A mob is comprised of 48 Small or Medium creatures or 12 Large creatures. See DMG II pg 59.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Not quite right. All Mobs have 30 HD. A mob is comprised of 48 Small or Medium creatures or 12 Large creatures. See DMG II pg 59.

Debby
    Aha. I was under the assumption the number 50 had been used (though of course not for Large creatures).
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

So does anyone actually have time, inclination and talent to actually make a Mob of Fangirls?

[Edit] I may try to stat this out. However, since these are fangirls, all their abilities be 10 or 11. Not having to deal with modifiers -- priceless.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-12-15 at 09:04 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Not a higher Charisma?

Coidzor: No, there's actually a bacchinalia statted out. Not sure where, though.
    edit: And now the easiest way for me to check has been sunk with the closure of the Crystal Keep index
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2010-12-15 at 09:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Fiend Folio, I think.
    I solemnly swear,
    To devote my life and abilities,
    In defence of the United Nations of Earth,
    To defend the Constitution of Man,
    And to further the universal rights of all sentient life.
    From the depths of the pacific, to the edge of the galaxy.
    For as long as I shall live.

7. - Top - End - #37

Well done. Yep, Bacchae, page 18 of the Fiend Folio. Apparently they're statted as individuals, though. Could still be good for inspiration.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Mob Template drops Int, Wis and Cha to 10. I'm fairly sure a mob of fangirls is overwhelmingly average in many respects. BTDT.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-12-15 at 10:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Not a Higherlower Charisma?
    Fixed that for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

This fangirl mob has Human as its basis. It's not particularly exciting, but it is adequate. The Rules regarding Mobs are found in the Dungeon Master's Guide II. Please become familiar with them before critiquing as they do not follow many traditional monster creation rules.

Mob of Fangirls
    Gigantic Humanoid (mob of Medium Humans)
    Hit Dice: 30d8
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 6 (-4 size), Touch 6, Flat-footed 6
    BAB/Grapple: +22/+34
    Attack: Mob 5d6 (bludgeoning)
    Full Attack: Mob 5d6 (bludgeoning)
    Space/Reach: 20 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Expert Grappler, Glomp, Squee, Trample (2d6)
    Special Qualities: Glorified Object, Mob Anatomy
    Saves: Fort +10, Reflex +17, Will +12
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 11, Con, 10 Int, 10 Wis 10, Cha 10
    Skills: Disguise (Cosplay only) +2, Knowledge (glorified object) +4, Listen +6 Spot +6
    Feats: Alertness, Improved Bullrush (B), Improved Overrun (B), Iron Will
    Environment: Science fiction conventions, anime conventions, livejournal
    Organization: Solitary, pair or gang (3-12 mobs)
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement:
    Level Adjustment:

Fangirls are a rabid breed of human females who are obsessed with either a fictional character or an actor. Similar to the breed of fanboy, fangirls congregate at anime conventions and livejournal. They have been known to glomp, grope, and tackle when encountering said obsessions. In large numbers, they can become dangerous.

Combat

A mob deals 5d6 points of bludgeoning damage to any creature who space it occupies at the end of its move, with no attack roll needed. Mob attacks ignore concealment and cover. In order to attack, it moves into an opponent’s space, which provokes an attack of opportunity. It can occupy the same space as a creature, since it tramples over it and moves around its victim. A mob can move through squares occupied by enemies, and vice versa, without impediment, although a mob provokes an attack of opportunity if it does so. A mob can move through openings large enough for its component creatures. See DMG II for further details.

Expert Grappler (Ex): A mob of fangirls can maintain a grapple without penalty and still make attacks against other targets (normally, attacking other targets while grappling imposes a -20 penalty on grapple checks). A mob of fangirls is never considered flat-footed while grappling.

Glomp (Ex): A mob of fangirls will try to attach itself to the Glorified Object and render it immobile for as long as possible. A recipient of the Glomp is entangled by the mob and moves at half speed, cannot run or charge and takes a -2 penalty on all attack roles and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell.

Glorified Object (Ex): A mob of fangirls is inordinately attracted to things they collectively deem worthy, regardless of whether it is a person or object. The mob obsesses and covets anything regarding the glorified object. A mob has +2 competence bonus to Knowledge relating to its Glorified Object, and to Listen, and Spot checks.

Mob Anatomy (Ex): A mob of fangirls has no clear front or back and no discernible anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or sneak attacks. A mob of fangirls cannot be flanked, tripped, grappled or bull rushed. See additional rules regarding this in DMG II page 60.

Squee (Ex): This ear-piercing shriek of joy that finding the Glorified Object (or its representative) causes. Once per two rounds, the mob of fangirls may unleash a massive squee whose likes have never been heard before. This deals 1d6 points of Sonic damage in a 30-foot cone. Additionally, if those hit by the squee attack have been hit by the squee before, they are affected as though by a confusion spell, causing them to either babble incoherently or flee as quickly as possible for 1 round.

Trample (Ex): A mob of fangirls that simply moves over a creature and doesn’t end with its movement with that creature in one of its occupied squares can trample the creature. A trampled creature takes damage equal to 2d6 points +1˝ times the mob’s Strength modifier. The victim can either make an attack of opportunity or make a Reflex save (DC 25 + the mob’s Strength modifier) to take half damage.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-09-04 at 02:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Alternatively, there is a homebrewed variation of the mob template here
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

This is hilarious. Might I suggest that when an enemy reads a fanfic, they are subject to an effect as Hideous laughter (Caster level=HD of fangirl swarm)
    Please do not call me drak. It irritates me.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

a question this mob follows the rules of leader ship or followers ?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

As a supernatural psychic ability, the Fangirl swarm knows your entire history perfectly, down to even the most minute details. Frighteningly, they can probably recite this information better than you could.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    As a supernatural psychic ability, the Fangirl swarm knows the Glorified object's entire history perfectly, down to even the most minute details. Frighteningly, they can probably recite this information better than the glorified object could.
    This is more likely than yours, because it's always possible that you might not be the glorified object, it might be another member of your party, or it could be someone else and you're just in the way and get trampled.
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtmuran View Post
    a question this mob follows the rules of leader ship or followers ?
    Neither. It is treated as a single entity (see Mob Template in DMG II).

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    As a supernatural psychic ability, the Fangirl swarm knows your entire history perfectly, down to even the most minute details. Frighteningly, they can probably recite this information better than you could.
    I didn't think that needed to be a supernatural ability. I merely put in the Mob of Fangirl stats as Knowledge (Glorified Object). It makes it a lot easier for the DM to adjudicate.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-12-15 at 11:45 PM.