New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

The Xaviers look pretty good to me, although I am curious about how far they can be from one another for their powers to work.

As for the telepath stuff, maybe it could be a different type of telepathy? Like astral projection, sense manipulation or mind-sharing?

Or maybe lasers!...

I have been listening a bit too much to Katsu lately.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Telepathy... When I think about this I think...

Projection, Mental Illusion, Empathy, Messing with the Brain's Chemistry...

Thats all I got.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

So, say someone disapeared... If they could come up with a semi-reasonable reason why they had not been around for... who knows how many pages..

...What would be needed to return?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    So, say someone disapeared... If they could come up with a semi-reasonable reason why they had not been around for... who knows how many pages..

...What would be needed to return?
    Not much, actually. Assuming for the sake of argument that this hypothetical person is a certain fastball-pitching student, they could come back any time they wanted. Only about two IC days have passed since Akiy-That is, the hypothetical person was last seen; Furthermore, both of those days were on the weekend, making school a nonissue. So basically, there's no real problem with this imaginary person turning up again. Hypothetically.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Not much, actually. Assuming for the sake of argument that this hypothetical person is a certain fastball-pitching student, they could come back any time they wanted. Only about two IC days have passed since Akiy-That is, the hypothetical person was last seen; Furthermore, both of those days were on the weekend, making school a nonissue. So basically, there's no real problem with this imaginary person turning up again. Hypothetically.
    Wait... You mean I've been intimidated by the amount of time Akiyama might have been gone due to the number of pages for weeks now... and it was the weekend the whole time?!

Also I seem to have misread the number of pages at some point.
    I thought it was around 50.

EDIT: About what time of day is it and how late would Akiyama be?
    Last edited by druid91; 2011-05-03 at 03:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

It's early afternoon on a sunday. To my knowledge he's not really late for anything.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

So... over twenty pages... for a little over two and a half days....

HOW?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    So... over twenty pages... for a little over two and a half days....

HOW?
    That's actually not a particularly unusual scale. Switching days is often awkward and jarring for the players, so it's not something to be done carelessly. There's little reason to break posting rhythm for timeskips when the action is already flowing well; And even when it isn't, a timeskip isn't always the answer. Some RPs barely bother tracking time at all, instead merging everything into one vaguely defined period which never really ends.

Aside from that, we've been trying to stretch out the weekend for as long as possible; Being free from school and work has helped immensely when it comes to character interaction. So yes, time moves slowly here, but that's not a bad thing.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Halfling in the Playground

Fantastic, everybody! Thanks for your support! I'll just look around for a place to toss the twins in

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    The Xaviers look pretty good to me, although I am curious about how far they can be from one another for their powers to work.
    I haven't actually thought about that, but I'm trying to go by the concept of conservation of energy here. I've considered their powers as sorta like an extraspacial battery - Leah charges up this battery realm or quantum field, and Lev discharges it. I suppose there could be an effective range to that, but because of their ability to store this power in their "battery," it really doesn't make much sense. I guess one light second could prove an ample distance before they stretch their link too think, but that's about it.

As for the telepath stuff, maybe it could be a different type of telepathy? Like astral projection, sense manipulation or mind-sharing?
    That's actually a pretty solid idea... Tennori's is described as "Remote Sensing," so perhaps a different means of telepathic projection or clairvoyance... mayhaps divining via refractive surfaces (able to cause photons in something like glass or water mirror the quantum state of photons at another point in spacetime - developing to the ability to alter those photons and thus change people's perceptions of events elsewhere - and throughout time at fifth level. Big enough to warrant major international attention)

Just my two cents though... from a complete newbie to the setting!
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey guys, I'm back again. I should be up and running by tonight, I hope everything is okay here? =)
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Hey guys, I'm back again. I should be up and running by tonight, I hope everything is okay here? =)
    Welcome back. Things have been going in fits and starts lately, but it's not particularly clear why; It's almost as if nobody wants to be the first to break the silence. Ah well, if all else fails we can just launch another large-scale attack on the city...

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

I am still waiting for the Dr. to post. If he doesn't post soon, I'll just post up a hook.
    My life for Nerzhul!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back. Things have been going in fits and starts lately, but it's not particularly clear why; It's almost as if nobody wants to be the first to break the silence. Ah well, if all else fails we can just launch another large-scale attack on the city...
    That seems to be our solution to everything, isn't it?

"When in doubt, throw a large giant robot or monster at the city, and see what happens from there."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmm. This looks interesting; I'll probably read the manga before joining, but maybe I can stir something up. I've been meaning to do some sort of FFRPing for a while now...
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    Hmm. This looks interesting; I'll probably read
    the manga before joining, but maybe I can stir something up. I've been meaning to do some sort of FFRPing for a while now...
    You're welcome to join whenever the mood strikes. In case you weren't aware, there are actually two manga/anime series'. The first (To Aru Majutsu No Index) focuses on the overall conflict between new science and ancient magic as they struggle for dominance; The second (To Aru Kagaku No Railgun) is a set of side stories which star a secondary character from Index. Neither of them have to be read/watched to understand the other, but both are worth it if you have the time. As its title suggests, this RP is mostly focused on the themes of Railgun.

Oh, and if you really have time to spare, there's also the original light novels. Those are the motherlode as far as setting information goes.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well if you want I can set up the next part of the plot earlier then I had planned? It involves fighting and things like that. =P
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

17. - Top - End - #437
    Orc in the Playground

I am also working on something that'll hopefully spark up some activity, once I make sure that said activity is not too crazy.

Edit: And so it begins... Dun dun dun...

Edit2: If anyone wants to join the brawl at the park, go on ahead, but you need to post how long it takes to get there.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-05-07 at 02:17 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... I probably will bring Tsubasa back in, but with a bit of a rewrite.

The 'emotionless mode' doesn't really work, and just makes needless angst.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #439
    Orc in the Playground

*Pokes RP Thread*

Is it dead?

Edit: RP thread says otherwise. Whoot!

I also think that no one is going to object to that rewrite that you mentioned horngeek. I may be wrong but I think you can just go with the flow for now.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-05-08 at 10:53 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay.

Her powers will remain the same, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #441

Right, reposting interest having looked at the IC thread a bit. I'll read through the wiki and stuff and hopefully come up with a character concept before the week's out.

Now then, 39 pages of IC to skim through...derp.
    Kopaka in a former life.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

I'll be unable to post for a few days due to finals and last minute work, so bear with me for about three or four days.
    My life for Nerzhul!

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately I'll also be away for a while; Expect my posting to be at or near zero for the next week. Apologies for the inconvenience.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bago!!! View Post
    I am still waiting for the Dr. to post. If he doesn't post soon, I'll just post up a hook.
    I'm sorry about that. My brain has not been in a posting mood for a while. I'll try to catch up tonight.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Silverraptor has talking to me about coming back to this game, but I am nervous because it has been a long time, so I don't know what the plot is now. If it is ok, can someone explain what has happened? Maybe it will make for new people to have an easier time to join too I hope.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, my rewrite of Tsubasa's Personality.

Also, an idea for her powers: She can affect a much larger area than given in her profile, but at the cost of a massive drop in wind speed. Just a preliminary idea, and it doesn't really matter either way. Kind of like the 'razor wind' version of her powers, but in reverse.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tsubasa is, for the most part, a kind person. She has a strong sense of justice, and views her powers as a gift- the reason why she joined Judgement in the first place was mainly so she could use that gift to protect others who aren't as fortunate. To a degree, she seems distant when people first meet her- mainly because she has trouble adjusting to new social situations, and is very careful around people she doesn't know. She does open up a bit when people get to know her, and while she's always slightly socially awkward- at times getting fixated on a particular subject- she's able to deal with people pretty well. That said, new circumstances do freak her out.

Basically, rewritten Tsubasa is a High-Functioning Aspie.

Also, I'll make the note- while I won't do it without consulting, and it certainly won't come out of the blue, I would like to have her advance to Level 5 at some point.

@^: This, basically.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #447

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Silverraptor has talking to me about coming back to this game, but I am nervous because it has been a long time, so I don't know what the plot is now. If it is ok, can someone explain what has happened? Maybe it will make for new people to have an easier time to join too I hope.
    That would save me a lot of time, I think, although maybe I could still use to skim the thread a bit... ^^"

Got caught up reading the manga. I am amused by Makoto's knowledge of the exact distance she can fire an arcade coin before it melts into slag...
    Kopaka in a former life.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kopaka View Post
    That would save me a lot of time, I think, although maybe I could still use to skim the thread a bit... ^^"

Got caught up reading the manga. I am amused by Makoto's knowledge of the exact distance she can fire an arcade coin before it melts into slag...
    Mikoto.

Also, Academy City does pretty precise testing of their Espers, and given the Railgun is a Level 5, they'd probably have tested the range of her signature move, especially given that it's what they use to measure an Electromaster's power.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

Dr, no need to rush. I am currently working on finals/last minutes papers so it's quite alright.

As for a summary...

I am not sure when you left the game but my understanding of current events is the following.
    1. There was an incident at the park on Saturday (IC) where a fight between two espers ended with a giant mind blast that left everyone in a feel good mood.
    2. Kidnapping attempt was made the next day on an esper by supposedly three adult espers. One of many kidnappings that are involving espers.

This is all very vague and from the top of my head. I don't have enough time for anything else and I could be wrong on a number of points.
    My life for Nerzhul!

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Mikoto.

<<

>>

I knew that.

Also, Academy City does pretty precise testing of their Espers, and given the Railgun is a Level 5, they'd probably have tested the range of her signature move, especially given that it's what they use to measure an Electromaster's power.
    I meant more that she knows the distance a particular type of coin will travel, i.e. an arcade coin vs. a nickel
    Kopaka in a former life.