New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

You certainly have a knack for writing excellent first (and last) drafts; Kei looks fine in just about every respect.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks, Anyr. It might be because I've had her as a character in my head for quite some time now, however.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cole10000 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Watching the two of them make their way to their hideing place Carver decided he wouldnt learn anything else untill this madman caught Moroe. He admitedly felt bad about handing her over like this, but he remembered that she did lie to him, which he didn't take very kindly to. He had watched their progress very closely on the cameras, and while he doesnt know exactly where they are at the moment he does know how they got there.

Putting his finger on the button again he says.

"Attention, all students searching for The girl named Moroe. She is currently in the company of a male student in a well hidden hiding place, Moroe sorry about this, but I don't like being lied to."

From there he procedes to relate the directions of their location to the "Shoujites".

He also thought about how the kid was uninvolved in this and decided if things got out of hand he would try and help him out.

Carver then goes back to watching the monitors and waiting to see what happens with the forces he set into motion.
    Er, didn't you already post this part a few hours ago?

4. - Top - End - #754
    Pixie in the Playground

He did, and then deleted it. I think.

He's reposting it now-Maybe he feels it's a more appropriate time or something.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, I did, it was an awkward time, and yeah felt it would be apropriate now. So yeah, hit the nail on the head there.
    There is good, there is Evil, and someplace inbetween.

The main difference is Evil is much more fun.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Man, you guys are cool, and I wish I could continue RPing with you guys for tonight, but I can't, because it's actually 8.20am where I am and I've been studying all night and doing this at the same time and I am insanely tired.

Sorry.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't be sorry about it man, we all have to sleep, and it's not like you can't get back on later so you're fine.
    Last edited by Cole10000; 2011-11-02 at 02:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground

See the funny part about Moroe's reactions is that Souji honestly thinks, from the bottom of his heart, that they're friends.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

Edited.

Anyway, he'll appear a lot, considering that Judgement will probably be called in plenty.

Editing now.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atrum-Persavor View Post
    Edited.

Anyway, he'll appear a lot, considering that Judgement will probably be called in plenty.

Editing now.
    It's good to see that you've reduced the range to a more reasonable figure, but that wasn't the only concern we had. Most notably, we still need to know the exact conditions required to use Coordinate Twist, as well as how long it takes. You see, this is a very powerful ability that could easily get out of hand. In order to judge whether it's balanced, its limitations need to be carefully spelled out.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-11-02 at 07:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #761

Alright, finally got Krystal and Ivaz on the wiki.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #762
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

It links two areas and swaps them, i.e. Two 1m radius spheres. If I were to teleport say, a table.

Designate a box around the table, then the destination area. Swap them.

EVERYTHING in the box/sphere/pyramid/standard shape gets swapped. Air, water, the ground underneath(if it's in the sphere), etc. Everything teleported keeps its momentum.

For swapping two objects, he needs to tune the two coordinates to the coordinate field his mind uses(With his bed as 0,0,0). Teleporting himself is easier as he can just use (+16m, +20m, +0m) and apply them to his own coordinates.

To do this, he has to either:
    #1: See the target area to do on-the-spot calculations
    or
    #2: Have prerecorded coordinates to teleport to/from (As in the case of him teleporting his way to school- he uses rooftops)

Remote or blind teleporting is possible- but he must be given the coordinates to swap first. The maximum power radius is 500m, so he can teleport something 400m away from him to 500m away from him, but not teleport something 400m away from him to 900m away from him.

This makes it difficult to use on erratically moving objects.
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2011-11-02 at 09:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

Why would his bed be the axis hub? I dont see how a single object could provide a reliable baseline.

Most teleporters have their own position as their central point, since its where their power originates from. Basing it from his bed means He'd have to measure from his bed to wherever he was in order to teleport reliably

Edit: How long does it take him to perform a teleport? Is there a delay between an object disapearing and reappearing? Does he have a cooldown time between uses of his power?
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2011-11-03 at 12:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

14. - Top - End - #764

Before I respond to Carver, I have to clarify something. Could Souji ignore Carver's ability, like how Mikoto ignores the "Queen of Tokiwodai"'s?

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Before I respond to Carver, I have to clarify something. Could Souji ignore Carver's ability, like how Mikoto ignores the "Queen of Tokiwodai"'s?
    Souji doesn't have the same level of electricity flowing through him, and Carver's ability transmits through the optic nerve, so I'm not sure if they work the same.

Personally, I think that Souji could be affected, but if he realised something was wrong he could use his powers to forcibly cancel out Carver's Hypnosis.

That's just my opinion though

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

16. - Top - End - #766

Gotcha. Being Souji however means he won't notice until after he looses his wallet.

Fukou Da and all.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

His bed is registered as 0,0,0 because his mind considers it the "safest spot". If anything happens, he can just panic-teleport in that direction until he reaches his bed. Although if you're really bothered by it, I don't care what baseline marker is used.

That is for teleporting other objects- There is a 'thinking' delay for that- Teleporting himself is easier because he simply applies the vector to himself i.e. (+26, +44, +0).

To answer your question:

There is a 'thinking delay' first as he calculates vectors if he's teleporting other objects.

Then the two areas refract light for a second before they are switched.

Cooldown: He can comfortably teleport himself or shift two areas of similar volume every 5 seconds. Faster usage is possible, at the risk of a headache. Five successive teleports at the rate of one a second causes a headache bad enough to prevent him from teleporting until it wears off.

Teleportation is restricted by volume instead of mass- While Kuroko states how much she can teleport via mass, Ren's teleportation works off swapping volumes.

EDIT: Source zone switched to "self"
    Last edited by Atrum-Persavor; 2011-11-03 at 09:26 AM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, the ability looks much more reasonable now. The initial delay and five second risk-free cooldown should go a long way towards curtailing abuses. As Cultist said, having his bed as a centre doesn't really make sense (as well as making the power nearly useless unless he has a reliable way of finding its exact position in relation to things), but that's a minor point. From a balance perspective, it now seems about on par with the other Level 4 Teleportation powers we've seen in canon.

19. - Top - End - #769

Lord-Cao-Cao: Frank would have shown up before nine minutes had passed, having heard the anouncement of your location and rushing straight there. Just doing a "nine minutes of fighting " thing also seems a bit like godmodding. Your not giving anyone else the oportuntiy to act.

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    Lord-Cao-Cao: Frank would have shown up before nine minutes had passed, having heard the anouncement of your location and rushing straight there. Just doing a "nine minutes of fighting " thing also seems a bit like godmodding. Your not giving anyone else the oportuntiy to act.
    Hmm, perhaps we can work around this. Can you think of a plausible reason for Frank to be delayed for that amount of time? For example, perhaps he could have encountered a more pressing crisis along the way; After all, there's nothing to suggest that Moroe's life is in danger. From a story perspective, it seems much more dramatic to have Frank be the desperately needed rescuer who arrives just in the nick of time.

21. - Top - End - #771

Well Cole10000 seems to have acted under the impression I meet with his group, so maybe frank could have encountered him on the way there.

Edit: Or else he could be delayed by encountering Carver in the hall way again.
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2011-11-03 at 01:54 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Pixie in the Playground

My bad.

I'll shorten it to three minutes.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    My bad.

I'll shorten it to three minutes.
    No need. We seem to have got the matter straightened out now.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

Cool beans.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

I edited it, I misread what was going on, based on the ooc I thought he was coming to the faculty lounge.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Dwarf in the Playground

Before anyone says anything about my most recent post, yes it is well within the reach of his ability, I said "Sunglasses" being able to stop his ability, goggles are difficult to get through, but still doable. As well as making someone believe they're bound in chains, one's perception of the world affects everything they do, and if you're brain tells your body something is real, your body believes it.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Before anyone says anything about my most recent post, yes it is well within the reach of his ability, I said "Sunglasses" being able to stop his ability, goggles are difficult to get through, but still doable. As well as making someone believe they're bound in chains, one's perception of the world affects everything they do, and if you're brain tells your body something is real, your body believes it.
    Whether or not the body 'believes it' or not, this still seems like a very easy illusion to break. Since the chains have no actual substance, they can't actually stop Frank's limbs from moving. They could of course give the illusion of resistance when he pushes against them, but that's about it.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, that was my point exactly, even though the illusion is weak (due to the goggles) it still takes a good deal of will to break through, the fact he knows it's an illusion helps too.

I'm not saying it's impossible for him to move with them on, just more difficult.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, that was my point exactly, even though the illusion is weak (due to the goggles) it still takes a good deal of will to break through, the fact he knows it's an illusion helps too.

I'm not saying it's impossible for him to move with them on, just more difficult.
    Really? Wouldn't the illusion simply break once Frank moves in a way that the chains logically shouldn't permit?

30. - Top - End - #780
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ah but you forget, he may in reality be moving, but he still believes he's still in the same place, all it takes to do that is to makes it so he doesn't percieve he's moving and presto, you have a person who believes they are trapped, while in reality, they aren't