New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: "The Six from Shadow" (IC)

Seeing that the priest is still not down, Cynath halts for fleeting moment to call up one final spell, curling bitterly and directing the powers of death towards the priest. "Take his light forever, Ellas..." he whispers softly and casts the spell to finish, darting off again immediately after.

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting domain spell Blindness/Deafness on the priest, choosing blindness. He must succeed on DC 17 fortitude check or be permanently blinded

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Synia chuckles to herself and waves her hand one last time, before deciding that she had enough fun and moves at top speed away. She hopes that guards will have fun with spiders among the grease.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Summon Swarm, choosing spiders. All in Grease effect need to make balance 10, or be unable to move. Reflex stays the same and they need to repeat it while in area of effect. Failure by 5 or more on balance means they fall down. Duration, ten rounds. Another move action to move further away.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

The priest, faltering for a moment due to the incapacitation of the soldier squad in front of him and the failed attempts against his health, inscribes a holy symbol on the edge of the platform. Many of the bystanders, some soldiers included, fall to the ground, helpless and unable to move.

Spoiler
    Show
    Symbol of Weakness, DC 23 Fortitude save resist, or take 3d6 Strength damage. SR applies.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-23 at 02:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mordrent scowled. The others had already left! Turning around with a short muttered oath to Bane, Mordrent stomps back up the stairs to put his armor back on and returns a short while later as the mithral encased juggernaught that everyone has come to know.

Moving down the stairs again, Mordrent goes to the front atrium and waits, unmoving, until his companions return.
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Resisting the attempt to rob him of his strenght, Cynath forces himself to move further away until he feels the struggle for his strenght ending. Knowing that it would be unwise to engage in battle with invidual who has thus far weathered all spells thrown against him, Cynath makes a brief movement with his hand, muttering. If this spell does not work it is back to running... But one last spell might give them enough time to get away.

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Hold Person on the priest as last attempt to hold him for long enough for everyone to get away. DC 17

Edit: Also, moving out of symbol's range before casting and running off again after it.
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-12-23 at 02:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

The priest, about to leave the stage, suddenly stops in his tracks. You can see his struggle to escape Cynath's spell, but to no avail. The square is almost completely empty now, save the group of guards, Artan, the priest, and all three of you. By this point, the Knights have left the scene, and will most likely return with reinforcements very soon.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Grinning very slightly at his success, Cynath looks out to spot his remaining associates and gives them both a small nod before slinking off, seeing it best to change scenery before reinforcements arrive to take them all into jail followed by propably swift execution. Seeing no sense in staying, he runs off, heading back towards the new base of the group.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Feeling unable to move, Synia's mind reaches across the planes themselves, into the domicle of her patron overlord himself. Help me out, Graa'zt the Sixfingered. Get me out of this predicament. All of a sudden, she's standing behind the closed door in Cho'Sul's mansion. All she can do now is wait for Cynath and Donovan to return. Right in front of her, she can see Mordent, as unmoving as statue.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

9. - Top - End - #279

The sudden arrival of Synia comes as a shock to Mordrent, and as the well trained killer that he is the moment that the figure appears Mordrent's sword is in his hands and swinging downwards. As recognition dawns Mordrent arrests the swords momentum and swings it back over his shoulder and into his sheathe.

He stares at Synia unmoving.

"Hello"
    All Hail Fun!
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Much to Mordent's surprise(and possibly enjoyment), Synia stays silent. After a few second, she quietly slumps to the floor.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

The beast things that was currently donovan sprinted after the guards before a pulse of energy drove it to its knees. What the hell? It tried to lift its arms, they were sluggish and barely responsive. this is bad, really really bad. He looked around, their rogue companion was making his leave and by the time he turned round again synia was gone too. Teleportation huh? I think she has the right idea there

Slowly but surely in a steady stream of shadows Donovan makes his way back to the mansion

Spoiler
    Show
    1 strength is still enough to move considering how little he's carrying. Move action, shadow stride, standard action shadow stride -> 100ft of progress. The full round action to ready 6 shadow strides and spend three rounds of 100ft movement.

Rinse and repeat.

Conversely I could just walk back, but this way is harder to track, oh and he removes the ring and reuses once at a discreet distance

12. - Top - End - #282

Mordrent ignores Synia. She is in no danger, and if she can recover than she can do so by herself.

The quiet, almost casual, dismissal is bound to sting far more than a corpse trying to pretend to be a father. Cho'sul crushed such silly things from his head a long time ago.

Of the others there was no sign. What was taking them so long? Mordrent's hand drifts towards his sword. If they don't appear soon, then something else might.
    All Hail Fun!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Making his way back to the party's current residence, Cynath mulls over the events of the day in his mind. It seems that the execution was not meant as a trap after all, but it had still turned into chaos in the end. One thing is quite clear to him, however: the knights are going to be constant thorn on the side of the party if not given something else than search for them to occupy themselves with. Fourtunately, he has quite an idea as to what that 'something' can be.

Stepping into the atrium, Cynath raises his hand defensively and nods to Mordrent before he can attack by mistake, afterwards looking at Synia with a sigh. "I think I have something to rid you of that curse... Stay still" he adds with a little smirk, the obvious joke propably not lost to either of his companions. Tracing his hands through the air in complicated pattern, he mutters a prayer to his deity as he works to dispel the magical weakness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using domain spell Break Enchantment to free Synia of the effects of Symbol of Weakness.

(1d20+10)[26] (Caster level check vs. DC (11+caster level of the Symbol of Weakness)

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Great, I now have one who won't even move a finger about the current situation and the other who'll sass me. That's just great. As Cynath's magic washes over her, she feels her strengh returning and pretty soon, she is once again standing on her own two feet. She looks at both Cynath and Mordent, with a spark in her eyes. She then leans closer to Cynath and pecks him on the cheek. She would do the same to Mordent, if only to see his reaction, but she can't find any spot under all that armor. "Thanks for your help. That wasn't a very pleasant experience and I'm glad it's over."

Then, the spark in her eyes seem to combust into flames, as she pulls her whip from her belt and whips it through the air. "Now... where is Donovan? I'd like to have a few words with him..."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Barbarian in the Playground

He should be back shortly. So, it seems like the boy didn't obey our instruction... We really should have killed him.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a almost silent crackle shadows formed up into a mass that quickly unravelled to reveal the sweating and hunched over form of Donovan, wearing his natural face for once. He slumps to the floor then looks up at hose assembled and smiles weakly.

"That went well eh? Still all here and the watch learned it isn't all that matters" He slumps to the ground more fully, lying down where he is. "That priest was sure something though."

Inside he was a mixture of relief and self satisfaction, they'd tried to stop him and they'd failed. He was too much for them, but that didn't mean he'd be in a hurry to test his luck again.

17. - Top - End - #287

Cynath! Do you have anything to help them recover? They are badly hurt... And Synia, since when could you teleport? Whym exactly, are you able to do that?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

"In a moment Drynwyn." She steps up to Donovan and bows down. With a sickly sweet voice she aks him. "So tell me Donovan... exactly what were you thinking when you started all this chaos?"

19. - Top - End - #289

He probably wasn't thinking. Hence, I chose not to get involved. It wouldn't do for a student of the arcane arts to be slaughtered in a poorly-planned rescue. Anyway, when you think about it, if he was captured, he probably left were he was supposed to stay... He may even have tried to turn you in.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"That is exactly what I would like to hear...", Cynath says in his usual emotionless voice after Synia asks her question, stepping closer to Donovan. "We all share your dislike to the knights, but why did you choose to attack one whilst he had all those guards and clerics on tow?".

Though he does not show it one bit, the peck on the cheek does embarass him somewhat, but he tries to push the event to the back of his mind. "Yes, I have something to help them... Who is in favour of healing?" he asks in monotone.
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-12-24 at 09:11 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking up at Synia he smiles wearily, inwardly worried yet pleased with himself. "That boy was mine, I had a claim on him. They pinned false charges on him to get to us, no thief would actualy do what they claimed he did. He's not dumb enough. I was teaching them they can't break my things without me breaking theirs right back."

"I had no great dislike for them, they just need to learn they dont control us. And besides, they weren't strong enough to stop us so the only failure is theirs"
    Last edited by Eiko; 2010-12-24 at 09:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

"Mmmmm... right, right. Lets make one thing clear. I have little respect for knights of any sort myself. I can respect your claim of ownership. But dammit, next time, lets at least have a semblance of plan before we instigate chaos of city wide proportions. Or so help me, I'll skin you alive and trust me, you won't enjoy it." With that, she waves the whip in front of Donovan and winks at him. "Now Cynath, can you make him better as well? I'm thinking some punishment is due right away."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Donovan grins wide, its animalistic this time "Oh yes, I'll need my strength back for any punishment. What did you have in mind my lady? Oh but first, lean close there's something I need to tell you."

Should she lean in, he will whisper quietly to her:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The toungue of the abyss and teleportation, you're either a sorceress or a demon my dear, so I wonder which.

He then speaks out loud enough for everyone "Both are fine by me."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"If he was cut up or peppered with arrows, yes" he replies tersely, folding his arms. "This weakness if magical in nature, and my only means of countering it for today were spent as I restored your strenght. I can try to confer him enough magical strenght for him to remain standing for a while if you want to punish him on the spot, however" Cynath finishes with almost imperceptible smirk.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Synia smiles at Donovan whispers. In abyssal, she whispers back to him. "That's for me to know and for you to find out." Then, she replies to Cynath. "Oh no... nonono. I wouldn't want to bestow horrors like that upon you. I'll just drag him somewhere alone and that'll be it. He doesn't even need a lot of strenght... just for a couple of hours."

26. - Top - End - #296

Well, it look's like he will just have to live with it for a while... but not for our meeting in the library. Unless I am mistaken, your god will grant you new magic at dusk, correct? This means you will be able to heal our friend here. Also, I still don't know how you teleported. I don't beleive bards can do that. Just remember, if we can deal Mordrent's nature, we can deal with yours.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Clearly the lady is also a sorceress, do you have a problem with that? Is she cramping your magical style?"

this is said with a wink in Synia's direction. Apparently you can't keep the floor gallery out of the discussion. I'll be finding out for myself later
    Last edited by Eiko; 2010-12-24 at 09:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I believe it is reasonable to assume that we are all damned to the deepest reaches of Nine Hells thanks to whatever we have done in our lives" Cynath says without a bit of worry in his tone. "So let's just suck the fact up and get over it. There is evil to be done in this city... Our work has not even begun properly yet".

"If I meditate then yes, my deity will refresh my selection of magic soon enough" Cynath says, touching the unholy symbol around his neck in reflexive gesture.

29. - Top - End - #299

(In Abyssal) You should know that as a wizard, I make it my bussiness to know a lot of languages. Isn't that right, Nevermore?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nevermore is Drywnyn's raven familliar. He speaks Abyssal rather than common, as this way, he can talk to me while others do not perceive it as speech.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Without even looking back, Synia replies to Drynwyn in common. "How many languages do you think you know? Were they learned by traveling or by studying books? Trust me, my friend, you lack a lot of knowledge and you would do wise not to make too many assumptions. As Donovan here says..." and with that, she leans a little closer to Donovan, winking at him as she cast her little spell hidden from the view of others, ... "music is not all there is to me. I wield few sorcereous powers as well. You should know something about that, right?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Glibness so that only Donovan notices it. Since it only has somatic component, that shouldn't be too hard.

Bluff - (1d20+54)[74]