New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: "The Six from Shadow" (IC)

The wretched creature turns to you. "No sir, I ain't part o' no Guild. They denied me access. As for the guards, there be at least four legions within the city walls, not includin' the knights. Currently, we be underneath the Ivory Market." Beginning to whimper yet again, he asks to be set free.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-20 at 02:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Synia nods at Cynath and Mordent. "Perhaps he can serve as a distraction. We point him in one way and he makes a lot of noise, while we slip the other way, mostly unseen. What do you think?"
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking sharply at Synia, his voice takes on somewhat sharp and ironic edge. "And when they catch him, then what? Do you seriously think he will hold his tongue any better with the knights as the interrogators? We will have people on our tail again before the night is out". His tone has become somewhat colder again, and his fingers tap the handle of the dagger hanging from his belt. "Let's just let him go, for now. But it would pay to have some sort of insurance just in case he decides to have a tack of poor judgement and sell us out".
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-12-20 at 02:43 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

"If he's going to betray us, he's going to do it anyway. But if he attacks a guard before that... even if he survives that, who would take him seriously?" At the last words, Synia winks at Cynath.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    "If he's going to betray us, he's going to do it anyway. But if he attacks a guard before that... even if he survives that, who would take him seriously?" At the last words, Synia winks at Cynath.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Umm, I'm pretty sure he meant "a tack of poor judgment."
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Perhaps he can be useful...for now" the rogue mutters and turns his attention back to the boy. "Lead us to the quieter part of the Ivory Market, as far away from guardhouses and the like as possible and you won't have to endure the threat on your life for much longer" he says, pulling his hood back up to cover his head. "If you do choose to betray us, however... there are worse factions out in the night than Knights. I hear that the Guild does not like to have freelancers working on it's territory, and your skills still need honing... It would be such a shame if you were brought into their attention, wouldn't you say?"
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-12-20 at 02:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Now that his life is ensured for now, the coward stands more upright. "Alright sirs, follow me. You must be careful though, the guards will be patrolling every single street until dawn." Moving quickly now, he begins to lead you even further to the west.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

Feh. I think this thief might be more effective as a zombie, though I had best wait till he finishes guiding us. (Aloud) Boy, you had best not be leading us into a trap. If you are, I will personally ensure that you die a slow and painful death, followed by the animation of your wretched corpse to serve me for all time.
    Last edited by Drynwyn; 2010-12-20 at 03:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The boy, looking back at Drynwyn, suppresses a sob and keeps walking ahead in the same direction.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"That is quite enough" Cynath says with his usual, silent but vaguely threatening tone. "Stop intimidating him, he has already agreed to do what we need him to do. So stay your hand...and tongue to the bargain, if you will. At least for now".
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2010-12-20 at 03:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

After almost a full hour of walking through the endless sewers, at last you enter a large chamber. The stone seems lighter here, more finely cut. There are torches as well, carefully inserted in slots on the wall. On the far side of the room, a stairwell extends to a fortified door. The boy, waiting until after you enter, stands back at the entrance to the sewers. "Here we are, as promised. This door will take you up to the market. Please sirs, I've done what you'se asked. Please let me go. I won't tell a soul, I swear." As he finishes speaking, you can see the raw terror in his eyes.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-20 at 03:21 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the boy turns to look round at the group, terror will likely turn to confusion as his gaze is met with his doppleganger. "Thanks for the help friend, so what was the name then?" As unnerving as meeting your reflection is, them smiling and asking you questions must be worse.

Should the child answer Donovan's questions more details will be enquired about, family, where he lives, who he knows. The basics you would need to impersonate someone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy to roll bluff, diplomacy or intimidate to get this information out of him
    Last edited by Eiko; 2010-12-20 at 04:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

The boy answers your questions, to the best of his ability. "My... my name is Artan, and m'family died three years ago. I live here, in the sewers. I don't know anyone outside of this place, 'cept the kind priest, Patron Gullari. He helped me, he did. Gave me food and water, and invited me to stay with him at the church. That's all I can tell ye, sirs." He begins to back away slowly into the recesses of the shadows, his eyes still fixed upon the mirror image of himself.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So my name is Artan, and guess I really miss mum and dad. I might want to have a run in with that kind priest for information then. I'm sure he was ever so helpful to us."

As he speaks the Donovan advances slowly, keeping pace with the poor boy as he went, the distance between them not changing until artan hit a wall. "Now, since I'm Artan and I'm off to do what I always do I don't want to see any dopplegangers on the surface if you get my drift? Tell you what I'll make you a nice little deal."

The smile, a strange one for a child to be wearing twisted into a feral grin; more just an excuse to bare teeth. "You stay down here and I'll give you a coin or two for your troubles, however if I even hear a hint there's another little boy who looks like me running round then I'll have to do something about it"

Cruel he knew, but there was a certain guilty pleasure in scaring children.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow jaunt manoeuver expended to teleport up to 50 ft as a move action. ASAP will take a full round action to refresh and reselect readied manoeuvres.

In the blink of an eye Donovan went from his spot talking to the poor child to a comfortable stance leaning on the wall next to him. "We got a deal kid?"

15. - Top - End - #75

Just by the way, if he isn't willing to do business with you, than I could use an skeleton thief. If you have to kill him, try not to damage his corpse, okay?
    Last edited by Drynwyn; 2010-12-20 at 05:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Breaking down entirely, Artan begins screaming and sobbing uncontrollably. "Please, please, please don't kill me, I'll do anything you want! I'll stay down here, just please, let me live!" He falls to his knees, his spirit utterly crushed.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

17. - Top - End - #77

Hmphh. Well, I guess that it would be kind of difficult to take an animated skeleton through the market. Wait here for our return. We'll want a guide out, and I might have a few more questions for you. Let's go. Drynwyn heads up to the door, gesturing for his fellows to follow him. He opens the door a crack and gazes out.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

The door opens up into a small alcove, well built out of the same light stone as the large room you just left. About twelve feet above you is a manhole cover, from which a ladder extends to your level. Through the slits in the metal, you can see that the stars are out, but the moon is setting. It will be dawn soon.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

19. - Top - End - #79

I step back inside.
    Last edited by Drynwyn; 2010-12-20 at 05:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Then we have a deal then" Donovan beams happily at the sobbing child. "Cheer up, I'll be back in two days with food and in a week's time I'll give you a few gold coins to get you started on being a proper thief. After all I'm as good as my word so you can count on it if you do right." my morality and word both being entirely mutable and subjective of course

He then leans in to whisper just to the child.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I meant what I said kiddo, your never going to make it as a thief as you are right now. Toughen up, you came this close to death and your still here, and richer for the experience. When your older and you ever see a picture with a bright blue lotus on it just lying around, follow the trail, maybe my goddess could teach you a thing or two if you're brave enough to learn."

"Right then, shall we sirs and madams? Being a simple beggar kid I guess you're all in charge" He bows solemnly before returning to a grin more befitting the child he wore.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

From the streets above, you can hear the clamor of shouts, and the sound of metal boots on stone. The opening in the grate is lit up with torchlight as a guard patrol at least twenty strong marches across the manhole cover.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-20 at 05:51 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

22. - Top - End - #82

We need a way to get to 14 Redwing, near the church of Sirramar, without being seen. Boy, you said the preist of Sirrammar was kind to you. Do you know a way to get to his church unseen?(

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Looking up, the boy seems a little bit more confident, and answers your question without hesitation. "Sure, sir. If you follow Ropart Crescent all the way t' the eastern edge of the Ivory Market, that's where the more upper class residential districts are. Redwing Street is you' first left hand turn. Simple, really. As for the church, there is a passage that connects to the cellars. Come back later and I will show you."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-20 at 06:00 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #84

Why later? Frankly, we need to get somewhere safe, and relatively quick.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Pulling out a loaf of rotten bread from his pocket, he begins to chew on it rapaciously. Staring at you now nonchalantly, he speaks, with his mouth still full. "Sorry, sirs, I just assumed you was gonna wait for dawn, and go to Redwing Street, I mean' no disrespect." He spits out one of his teeth on the floor, accompanied by a continuous stream of blood.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-20 at 06:09 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #86

We are. However, the place we need to go to is near there, and it would be best if we could go unnoticed.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh... Well... It's kind of heavily guarded. I was caught in there once, trying to sneak out some food from the pantries, they've had it guarded ever since." The boy lets out a sheepish grin, which is swiftly stifled. "You could beat 'em, though, I'm sure of it."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2010-12-20 at 06:28 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #88

Hm. An advantageous strategic position, AND an opportunnity to kill something. Sounds like a plan. Mordrent, follow behind him. Boy, show me the way.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Which one of us?" Donovan asked with a grin. "Fairs fair but I have a deal with the lad. That and if you cant remember simple instructions well..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill trick: Listen to this, to perfectly replicate what I heard recently

"Ahem. Follow Ropart Crescent all the way t' the eastern edge of the Ivory Market, that's where the more upper class residential districts are. Redwing Street is you' first left hand turn. Simple, really. As for the church, there is a passage that connects to the cellars"

Creepily to any listeners, it will be as if they were hearing the boy speak again, every tone and accent and tic identical to the previous itteration by the real boy.

30. - Top - End - #90

We know the route. However, if you recall, we do need to get their with some stealth. As the estate is near the church, if we access the cellar, we can get to the estate without much difficulty.