New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Very Best... IC (Pokemon)

The Nidoran shy away from the ghost Pokemon as it appears - clearly they are not too keen on it. The wounded one moves back more slowly, but is stopped in its track by the Gastly's stare. It shudders a little, then its eyelids begin to droop and it slumps to the ground. It makes a faint snoring sound as its breathing slows to a more restful tempo.

The rest of the pack turn sharply to see their recently deceased friend rise slightly from the floor and begin moving towards them. At first they seem to think the Pokemon wasn't dead, but it soon becomes clear that this can't be. With its hindquarters nearly hanging off and blood leaking from nose and mouth, it makes a gruesome sight, and first one, then the rest of the pack turn and bolt off into the forest, squealing sharply. A few birds clatter from the trees at the sound of the warning calls, flying swiftly away.

Tom grimaces as he hands over the 200 Pokeyen.
    "That's pretty sick, man. I'm off. I'm supposed to be meeting a friend in Viridian City to challenge the new gym that's setting up there, and I wanted to save up some money - I've heard there's a Bird Master in town who's willing to teach some really strong flying moves. Maybe I'll see you guys around sometime."
    A one worm armoury. Proficient with none of it.

Lorr Cordasco, Telepath, Lost and Gone Forever

GiTP Murder game

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Cody stares wide eyed at Will's display of power and his chosen method of scaring the Nidoran away. However, the fact that Will could do something like that amazed him more than how he did it. He was also more than a little glad to see Tom finally be on his way.

Heh...uh.. wow. Thats pretty...uh.. impressive. I've heard of pokemon who could do stuff like that, but never humans... Can you control...anything?

He shakes his head and adopts his normal attitude...

And can we just get this Nidoran and go? We've been here like all afternoon!

Chin!

Eddison the Chinchou glows brightly at his Trainers outburst.
    Last edited by Drogos; 2011-01-31 at 11:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63

With the herd gone and the wounded Nidoran asleep, Will is easily able to capture it. The Poke ball strikes it, flashes white energy around it, then falls to the floor where it chimes to indicate a successful capture.

It's a little past lunch time, and your Pokemon look a bit battered after their fights, but also much more confident in their abilities. The walk back to town is quick now you know the way and uneventful.

Back in town you have a number of options:

Your home (if you live here)
    Oak's Lab
    Poke Mart (Has Poke balls 200y, Potions 300Y, Status Heals 200Y for al types, limited stock of Great balls - 5 in stock at 600Y each, limited stock of PP Ups - 2 in stock at 2000Y each)
    Pokemon Centre

GiTP Murder game

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well I know I am going to the pokemon center to get Gustave healed up. Then I might go see Oak to see if he has any advice on finding some cool water types around here, maybe try to find a fishing rod or something.

5. - Top - End - #65

The Pokemon Centre is fairly new - built in the last few years - and the inside looks bright and modern, all curves and block-colour surfaces. The duty nurse takes Gustave and carries him into a closed off room. About ten minutes later she returns with his Pokeball and inserts it into a machine.
    "I don't know if you've been here before, but I'll explain what's happening anyway. I've treated your Totodile's injuries and I'm now flushing a large amount of energy into the Pokeball to hyper-accelerate his natural healing processes. Your Pokemon should be fully healed now."

She takes the Pokeball out and returns it to Cody with a worried-looking smile.
    "Take care out there next time, won't you? I hope to see you back safe and sound."

Following the path back to Professor Oak's labs, he looks up happily as you enter the building.
    "Oh, how did everything go? Did you catch any of the Nidoran I mentioned? This is Miles by the way, he's on a trainer journey too."

The young man he gestures to looks a little younger than you. Oak seems to be getting some Pokemon ready to give out to new trainers, as a Squirtle sits placidly on the table while he coaxes a timid-looking Bellsprout into a Pokeball. Meanwhile a Growlithe capers around the room with two Eevees, which seem to belong to Miles.

"That Growlithe seems to like Bonnie and Clyde," Oak continues. "I'll tell you what, you said you had a Machop earlier. Most of my new trainers face Brock in Pewter City as their first gym, so if they train that up against some of the normal types it'll give them a leg up on their first big challenge. How about it?"

GiTP Murder game

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles adjusted his glasses as he examined the pokemon. "Hrm... He looks to be in good health, and has a certian poise to him. I suppose I can always find another machop; the one I have isn't suited to my tastes anyways. Shame he was the only one I could find at the time, but I digress." He said, adjusting his shirt as the collar began to slide off his shoulder before offering a pokeball to the professor. "It's a deal."
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-02-23 at 05:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Cody walks forward to greet the Professor and introduce himself to the other Trainer.

Hey... Miles was it? I'm Cody and I'm a trainer too. I specialize in water type pokemon. We just got back from a little excursion in the woods. Ended up taking waaaay longer than I would have expected. And I didn't even get any water pokemon out of it.

Hey Professor, do you know where I could get a fishing rod of any kind? With one of those I will be able to reel in some good water types, no matter what kind of body of water it is.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles tilted his head in response to Cody, turning to attempt eye contact. "Cody, ah. Hi. Water types, you say? Hm... one of my listers is a water type; if we come across any Magikarp, you'll be in competition for them. Fascinating creatures, those; fairly weak initially, but evolve into a behemoth of a pokemon..." he said, adjusting his glasses as he returned his attention to Oak. "On that note, a fishing rod does sound like a good idea, but I'm not sure I'd have the funds for such a thing... Any means of making income around or nearby?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

One of your... listers? Whats that? And I wouldn't too much about magikarp. My family has a bunch in our pond. I could have taken one of those with me too when I left home. But they aren't much when it comes to battling.

And uhh your right.. I'm kinda broke too. Making some cash would be nice. Maybe we could battle some people around town to make some?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Miles shrugged, his shirt falling off his shoulder. "I have a list. Eevee, Growlithe, Scyther, Bagon, Magikarp and Abra. They are each pokemon that I've studied extensively and ones I seek to have the very best of. For instance, just a Scyther wouldn't do; I need the sharpest of claw, fastest of foot and wing, toughest of carapice, and I'll catch as many as I need to to achieve this perfection. Eevees are the number-one lister though; With their myriad evolution capabilities, this creates an exponentially higher number of possible pinnacles of fitness. Currently they have seven known evolutions, but with enough interaction with the world's materials, who knows how they could react? Definitely something to ponder.

Growlithe is another pokemon that reacts to the evolution stones, becoming what some have said to be a legend of a pokemon, though I think that has more to do with Arcanine's regal appearance than anything. Scyther is somewhat unusual, reacting to metals and, if given the proper circumstances, undergoes an evolution that trades his speed for toughness. Bagon and Magikarp inspire me; both relatively meek creatures initially, yet they achieve greatness as they grow. Bagon even achieves the flight it so often longs for if it can evolve fully.

And finally, Abra is intriguing to observe; he's aware of the world about him despite being in an almost constant state of sleep. And when he evolves, his IQ is said to reach unfathomable heights. Very interesting creature. But then again, all my listers are deserving of my... Obsession, I suppose, in some fashion or another..."
    he paused for a moment to readjust his shirt.

"...I'm sorry. I suppose that was bit of an overload of information, eh?" he finished with a sigh...

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nah its pretty cool actually. You have your whole team already planned out. Thats pretty awesome. Myself, I'm more of a go with the flow, play with what your dealt type person. Thats not to say that I don't have my favorites though.

12. - Top - End - #72

Oak shrugs. "I don't know where to buy a fishing rod in town, but I'm sure there would be someone who could help you around the coast. There are a couple of fishermen living a few miles south who go out and fish in the Cinnabar straits. Perhaps one of those might help you catch something?"
    He frowns as he thinks.
    "I think you'd have to check some streams and rivers to find Magikarp though, being freshwater fish. They don't head out to see unless they're getting ready to evolve."
    He smiles.
    "And frankly, I don't think you really want to tangle with one of those until your Pokemon are much stronger. If you see a Magikarp in the sea, by advice is not to bother it!"

GiTP Murder game

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah? Thats perfect! Those fishermen are so dedicated they give out rods all the time to aspiring young fishermen like me! Thats where I'm headed next and then to the coast to test it out. Maybe I can get a Tentacool or something.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Freshwater, you say? Hm..." Miles replied, pondering. "Well, as long as I hang around this one, finding interesting water-types should be simple enough." he finished, adjusting his glasses as he glanced back at Cody. His attention then turned to the growlithe.

"So, like, do I get a pokeball to put this little dude in?"
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-02-25 at 09:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Oak rolls his eyes and nods, smiling at his forgetfulness.
    "Of course, sorry. It's that one on the end of the table. Now, come on, get in. It's not dangerous..." he continues, the Bellsprout being even less cooperative. He sighs.
    "I'm not sure this Pokemon is really suitable for a new trainer. If you catch any on your travels which you think would be suitable for a ten year old to begin with, the government gives me a limited budget to pay catching fees to trainers. I could probably offer about 1000 per Pokemon depending on suitability and strength. You can do that from any Pokemon centre's transfer/storage facilities too, if you're interested."

GiTP Murder game

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh that sounds like a pretty good plan. I think we should go out somewhere where theres a pond or something and catch some water's edge pokemon. Theres all sorts of types out there. Then turn anything we don't want to keep into cash!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hm... That sounds like quite a plan, professor; I am likely to go through droves of pokemon before I obtain the ideal and prime..." Miles comments, turning his attention to Cody. "I don't suppose you'd mind a partner to tag along with?" he asked, approaching the pokeball on the table as he spoke. Swapping it for the pokeball that contained Machop, he smiled a bit before turning to the Growlithe.

Pressing the ball's button, he shot the creature with a beam of light, drawing the creature back into its dwelling. Miles paused for a moment as he thought up a name. Snapping his fingers with his free hand, he tossed the ball a short distance ahead, releasing the dog-like creature once more. "I'll call you Apollo. Should be a fitting name, especially when you evolve into the so-called 'Legendary' pokemon." he said with a chuckle.

"Growl..." Appolo replied, calmly, his nose perked into the air.

"Ee!" cried Bonnie.

"Vee!" barked Clyde.

Both were excited to see the return of their new companion and the three began running about again.

"I suppose I should get these ones outside if they're to continue playing. I could use a walk anyway...

Oh, before I go... Professor, do you happen to know where one might acquire evolutionary stones? I imagine they have somewhat of a rarity to them, but I will eventually need them if I'm to bring these fine pokemon to their next stage of evolution..."
    Last edited by ForteZanzo; 2011-02-27 at 03:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Professor Oak rubs his chin as he thinks.
    "You're right, they are rare. It's difficult to tell were you might find each one, but some places get them more commonly than others. Miners at Mount Moon occasionally dig one or other of them up, and I know you get fire stones near the top of Cinnabar Volcano. Celadon department store tries to keep some in stock, but so many trainers want them that they've put the prices through the roof in the last few years."
    He shrugs.
    "Your best bet is probably to ask around. I'm not an expert on geology. Pewter and Cinnabar City both have centres with geologists and archaeologists who might be able to help."

GiTP Murder game

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I see. Well, thanks then. I'm off for a walk..." Miles said, making his way out, his three companions following along...