Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SilverLeaf167's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    I'd like to make a gestalt Tibbit Thrallherd//Factotum as the BBEG for my next campaign. I just have one problem...
    In what book/magazine is the the Tibbit race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You... you're evil!
    If my post has typos and/or is shorter than three lines, I'm probably posting from my phone.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Amiel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Apparently it's found within the Dragon Magazine Compendium Vol. 1.
    Last edited by Amiel; 2010-12-23 at 09:01 AM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

    - William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLeaf167 View Post
    I'd like to make a gestalt Tibbit Thrallherd//Factotum as the BBEG for my next campaign
    You... you're evil!
    Sandharrow by Chris the Pontifex
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

    Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SilverLeaf167's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Okay, thanky-you.

    EDIT: What's so evil about it? The ULTIMATE breaking of the action economy? The Massive-Int-to-Everything? Looking like a housecat while raining doom down upon your foes? Looking cute while doing so?
    Last edited by SilverLeaf167; 2010-12-23 at 09:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You... you're evil!
    If my post has typos and/or is shorter than three lines, I'm probably posting from my phone.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Amiel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Be sure to include Erudite for entertainment value.
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

    - William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SilverLeaf167's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Meh, I don't like preparing spells or powers. That's actually one of the reasons I like psionics so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You... you're evil!
    If my post has typos and/or is shorter than three lines, I'm probably posting from my phone.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLeaf167 View Post
    What's so evil about it? The ULTIMATE breaking of the action economy? The Massive-Int-to-Everything? Looking like a housecat while raining doom down upon your foes? Looking cute while doing so?
    Evil because your players will think the James Bond villain with the ever-present housecat is the real BBEG the entire time.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

    "What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SilverLeaf167's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    He'll have two cohorts, so maybe he could have them act like a married couple or something, disguising himself as their pet?
    Oh, my plot just got so much more evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You... you're evil!
    If my post has typos and/or is shorter than three lines, I'm probably posting from my phone.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    The fake villain should wear a hat of disguise, so even if he's killed his replacement can look exactly like him. Except then your players might be prompted to invest in true seeing, and then the jig will be up. Maybe just have him wear a mask instead.
    Last edited by KillianHawkeye; 2010-12-23 at 10:56 AM.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

    "What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    The fake villain should wear a hat of disguise, so even if he's killed his replacement can look exactly like him. Except then your players might be prompted to invest in true seeing, and then the jig will be up. Maybe just have him wear a mask instead.
    Yes, that is one place where Mundane absolutely trumps Magic, disguises. And skill checks are so cheap to pump it's almost silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Yes, that is one place where Mundane absolutely trumps Magic, disguises. And skill checks are so cheap to pump it's almost silly.
    "Trumps magic?" Magic can read minds, good luck disguising around that

    Even with a lowly Detect Thoughts spell - the number one surface thought in anyone's mind who's wearing a disguise is bound to be "I hope they don't see through my disguise."
    Sandharrow by Chris the Pontifex
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

    Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    "Trumps magic?" Magic can read minds, good luck disguising around that

    Even with a lowly Detect Thoughts spell - the number one surface thought in anyone's mind who's wearing a disguise is bound to be "I hope they don't see through my disguise."
    The best way to keep a secret is to not think about it, basically forget it. Some excellent actors basically become the role, staying in character the entire time.
    A well trained spy could so just that. It's only your SURFACE thoughts, the running commentary in your head.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2010-12-23 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SilverLeaf167's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Maybe he should go Spymaster on the Factotum side? Though it isn't so important if the players aren't supposed to even know of his existance or almost never see him. Cats are pretty frequent in my games anyway, so they wouldn't pay much attention to it... probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You... you're evil!
    If my post has typos and/or is shorter than three lines, I'm probably posting from my phone.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    The best way to keep a secret is to not think about it, basically forget it. Some excellent actors basically become the role, staying in character the entire time.
    A well trained spy could so just that. It's only your SURFACE thoughts, the running commentary in your head.
    In such a case, a deeper spell like Probe Thoughts will work - magic still wins. (Or you can just magically buff your Spot check, or both.)
    Sandharrow by Chris the Pontifex
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

    Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    In such a case, a deeper spell like Probe Thoughts will work - magic still wins. (Or you can just magically buff your Spot check, or both.)
    Which uses a a much higher spell slot compared to using no spell slot at all. Yes, you can magically buff your Spot check. You can also magically buff your Disguise check, so it balances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    "Trumps magic?" Magic can read minds, good luck disguising around that

    Even with a lowly Detect Thoughts spell - the number one surface thought in anyone's mind who's wearing a disguise is bound to be "I hope they don't see through my disguise."
    The best way to keep a secret is to not think about it, basically forget it. Some excellent actors basically become the role, staying in character the entire time.
    A well trained spy could so just that. It's only your SURFACE thoughts, the running commentary in your head.
    Don't forget that the guy wearing the disguise is a mind-whipped thrall. He probably believes he's the person he's disguised as.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

    "What you must learn is that these rules are no different than the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken." - Morpheus, The Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by Krellen View Post
    Remember, Evil isn't "selfish". It's Evil. "Look out for number one" is a Neutral attitude. Evil looks out for number one while crushing number two.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Which uses a a much higher spell slot compared to using no spell slot at all. Yes, you can magically buff your Spot check. You can also magically buff your Disguise check, so it balances.
    Ah, but once you use magic to help yourself out, it's not "mundane absolutely trumps magic" anymore, is it?

    Not to mention, now you have to worry about your neon glow in my detect magic field, which is cause for suspicion - especially once I pick up your school as Illusion (disguise spell) or Transmutation (stat buff).
    Sandharrow by Chris the Pontifex
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

    Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    hamishspence's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    There's a (non-supernatural) feat in Exemplars of Evil- that makes it very difficult to read your thoughts. It also causes you to always ping as Neutral regardless of your true alignment.

    So there are non-supernatural ways of becoming very hard to mind-read.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Ah, but once you use magic to help yourself out, it's not "mundane absolutely trumps magic" anymore, is it?

    Not to mention, now you have to worry about your neon glow in my detect magic field, which is cause for suspicion - especially once I pick up your school as Illusion (disguise spell) or Transmutation (stat buff).
    There's no illusion involved. And a stat buff is hardly suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    There's no illusion involved. And a stat buff is hardly suspicious.
    *Points once more at the portion of his post before the smiley*
    Sandharrow by Chris the Pontifex
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

    Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ravens_cry's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    *Points once more at the portion of his post before the smiley*
    So OK, so I retract the absolutely. But 6th level spell compared to some face paint?
    Yeah, that's still trumps for most of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    So OK, so I retract the absolutely. But 6th level spell compared to some face paint?
    Yeah, that's still trumps for most of the game.
    That depends on when your game starts, really. I agree that early on that a good disguise check beats magical detection... mostly because there is no really good magical detection at early levels.

    Of course, you could be up against someone/something with a good Spot check instead, but that's mundane vs. mundane.
    Sandharrow by Chris the Pontifex
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

    Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ganiseville GA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    If I am not mistaken a psion can rewrite a person's memories given time. There is no way reading the thralls thoughts will grant any useful information.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Psyren's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fouredged Sword View Post
    If I am not mistaken a psion can rewrite a person's memories given time. There is no way reading the thralls thoughts will grant any useful information.
    Walking around under a compulsion all day is a pretty big hint to anyone looking.
    Sandharrow by Chris the Pontifex
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, please don't start threads with ideas you don't support just to see what reactions you get. That's almost the definition of trolling.

    Second, the whole "blue text" thing is not a forum rule or even a recommended procedure. If someone wants to do it in their own posts, fine, but everyone should stop telling people that they "need to" or "should have" posted in blue just because they're being sarcastic/ironic/whatever.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    I think I just died laughing. I'm kinda having trouble taking a little cat-girl with a horde of minions seriously. Especially when I picture her in a loli-goth garb giggling the whole time her minions are ripping the heroes apart.

    I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, I CAN'T PICTURE A TIBBIT WITHOUT A TAIL!
    If there is anything I learned from D&D, it is to never bull rush a Gelatenous Cube.

    Project Loreshift, game development in Progress

    Races of Wake

    Wake Human subspecies

    Anyone who reads this has just lost "the Game".

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Barlen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    As long as your going tibbit, you might as well look at the following resourse:

    Fabulous Cats

    The collar of perpetual attendance is the most useful of course.
    I didn't do it! And if I did do it, I didn't know I could do it till I did it!

    "Ok Kid, this is where it gets complicated"

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Washington St.

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    The fake villain should wear a hat of disguise, so even if he's killed his replacement can look exactly like him. Except then your players might be prompted to invest in true seeing, and then the jig will be up. Maybe just have him wear a mask instead.
    Naw. We're going for the James Bond villain, Blofeld - and he was played by a different actor every single movie. So, go ahead and make each fake villain completely different from the last one, but instruct everyone around him to act like he was exactly the same as before.

    So what if he looks like Telly Savalas in one scene and Max Von Sydow in the next. Just pretend that nothing has changed and keep the focus on the fake villain, not the tibbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordguy View Post
    Casters effectively lost every weakness they had (from AD&D), and everyone else suffered for it. Since this was done as a direct result of player requests ("make magic better!"), I consider it one of the all-time best reasons NOT to listen to player requests.

    Most people wouldn't know what makes a good game if it stripped naked, painted itself purple, and jumped up on a table singing "look what a good game I am!".

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    gomipile's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Where is Tibbit? [3.5e]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarawara View Post
    Naw. We're going for the James Bond villain, Blofeld - and he was played by a different actor every single movie. So, go ahead and make each fake villain completely different from the last one, but instruct everyone around him to act like he was exactly the same as before.

    So what if he looks like Telly Savalas in one scene and Max Von Sydow in the next. Just pretend that nothing has changed and keep the focus on the fake villain, not the tibbit.
    That's why Blofeld always looked different! It was that damn cat all along!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •