New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R]Episode Six: Another Night Out.

Silva smirks a little and folds her arms across her chest.

You know she's gonna keep bugging you till you tell her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui glances at Silva and shakes a finger at her. "You can bet I will! But don't think you'll get off the hook any easier!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #123

Sora glares at Silva.

"I know that. But it's kind of personal. I don't just tell people that."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui turns back at Sora and prods him again. "Oh? What don't you consider personal, then?", she asks, lips in a crooked smile. "That's the problem with both of you - I can tell you languish because you have too many secrets you think you can't tell. Even when meeting other people of your kind, you'd rather just hole back up, no doubt! Why's that?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

[Meanwhile, back in Venti Buon]

Today was fairly relaxing for Agent 01. But still productive. It was a mantra to Nero that good things come to those who wait. The interesting woman known as Ota Yui and the company she kept... it was enlightening, at the least. Not to mention the mannerisms of the staff. There were no doubts in his mind that many of them were spiritual in nature, lending to an equal number of spiritual clientele.

But, he had things other than chewing on the fruits of his stakeout to focus on. A fair amount of static sounds over his earpiece. Apparently some shinigami was threatening locals.

This simply could not be stood for.

Grounding out his cigarette, Nero sends a signal to his driver to meet him on a nearby side street. He needed to properly gear up before meeting this shinigami. While he waits, he calls the headquarters.

<...Agent 06 is already present? Convenient. New orders are to wait for my arrival, and continue surveillance. In the mean time, have our contact in the police department set up road blocks within 4 blocks of the site. Civilian Protocol #45. Dispatch subdual tactical teams for potential cleanup. Over and out.> Nero speaks in low russian to avoid unnecessary unrest in the cafe. He gives a knowing nod to the patron, leaving his bill on the table (having ordered a fair few cups of coffee) before he exits the building, and heads for the aforementioned side street/alley to wait.

About now, Josiah should receive the news of Agent 01's imminent arrival.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-14 at 02:20 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I don't have time for this anymore. Guess I should go get that damned hollow."

Akio stands as he speaks, walking off away from Yui and the others, before doubling back, hopefully out of sight of Josiah. He has no idea of the implications of this, but carries on toward his "fate".

Sing, child. The requiem of your soul yearns to be heard. Show them the notes, punctuated by your intent!
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Yui turns back at Sora and prods him again. "Oh? What don't you consider personal, then?", she asks, lips in a crooked smile. "That's the problem with both of you - I can tell you languish because you have too many secrets you think you can't tell. Even when meeting other people of your kind, you'd rather just hole back up, no doubt! Why's that?"
    Silva takes a moment before responding.

Because some stuff isn't all that easy to talk about. Some people like keeping things to themselves.

Yeah. You tell her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui stops for a moment, and then slowly twists her neck to look at Silva. "So?", she asks. "You like keeping things to yourselves way too much for your own good. Sometimes, whether something is easy or not is irrelevant to whether you should do it still. I wouldn't be standing here if I'd just called it quits every time something difficult comes my way."

9. - Top - End - #129

Again, it takes a moment for her to respond.

She sighs.

Fine. You win. What do you wanna know?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "I don't have time for this anymore. Guess I should go get that damned hollow."

Akio stands as he speaks, walking off away from Yui and the others, before doubling back, hopefully out of sight of Josiah. He has no idea of the implications of this, but carries on toward his "fate".

Sing, child. The requiem of your soul yearns to be heard. Show them the notes, punctuated by your intent!
    Josiah's eyes widen, but he doesn't panic. It seemed the Shinigami hadn't seen the drones. His next words were in English, to hopefully reduce evesdropping.

<This is 06. Target is on the move. Sword is not drawn, but that may change. I'm tasking all 6 to follow at various distances. Will update on a per-minute basis until he begins taking more hostile action, at which point I will go to constant updates.>

With that, the SCAR drones took to following Akio, spacing themselves out enough to not risk more than one being destroyed, even if the Reaper got violent.

'Which, considering how psycho this one seemed, is pretty likely.'
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #131

Sora mutters something about childhood memories. It's very indistinct.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui chuckles. "Well... what if we start with the obvious elephant in the room, here? Like, why you both walk around armed in broad daylight. You know such is illegal, don't you?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    <This is 06. Target is on the move. Sword is not drawn, but that may change. I'm tasking all 6 to follow at various distances. Will update on a per-minute basis until he begins taking more hostile action, at which point I will go to constant updates.>
    Nero frowns. His driver had just pulled in, and he had opened the trunk to begin equipping himself. It would be difficult to contain the shinigami in an evacuated area if he kept moving. Oh, well. The best laid plans, and all.

Either way, Nero makes double time to pull every bit of equipment he can from the trunk. Starting with the essentials, Spirit Shock and Revitalizer, the Grapple in this particular situation...

All in all, it takes him a minute to gear up. He gives a nod to his driver, before aiming the grapple upward, sliding up to the top of a building in no time. Then, he starts jumping across the top of buildings (via help from his glider) to start for the site where the shinigami was located...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #134

Yui chuckles. "Well... what if we start with the obvious elephant in the room, here? Like, why you both walk around armed in broad daylight. You know such is illegal, don't you?"
    I like being prepared. Call me paranoid, if you want. And, as for why this particular item...well, I've had it with me for a long time. Kinda has special meaning.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    I like being prepared. Call me paranoid, if you want. And, as for why this particular item...well, I've had it with me for a long time. Kinda has special meaning.
    "I hope you don't mind parting with it for a while then. Drop your weapons or prepare to be disarmed. Both of you." Akio holds the shining blade out in front of him, ready to attack at any moment.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "I hope you don't mind parting with it for a while then. Drop your weapons or prepare to be disarmed. Both of you." Akio holds the shining blade out in front of him, ready to attack at any moment.
    Two SCAR drones are already close enough to see this. Josiah's eyes widen in alarm, and he immediately sends out a message.

<Target's blade is drawn, repeat, blade is drawn! Target is threatening three civilians! Sending coordinates to any and all available agents in the field!>

His expression was grim; he wished he could be there to stop this deranged Shinigami, but his work as surveillance was just as important.

17. - Top - End - #137

Silva's eyes go wide with surprise when she hears Akio's voice.

Great.

She'll slowly turn to face him, bringing her empty hands up to about shoulder level.

Told ya the Shinigami were trouble.

Her weapon is mostly concealed in a pouch on her belt.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva's eyes go wide with surprise when she hears Akio's voice.

Great.

She'll slowly turn to face him, bringing her empty hands up to about shoulder level.

Told ya the Shinigami were trouble.

Her weapon is mostly concealed in a pouch on her belt.
    "Step away from Elder, if you will. I don't want anyone to die today." He says, taking another step forward. "Leave the park and I won't have to do you any harm. If you try to attack me I will be forced to deal with you. If you try to protect the hollow, I will be forced to go through you."

19. - Top - End - #139

Silva gets a confused look. Hollow? Her? She looks at Yui for a moment, then lets out a short laugh.

Okay, are you pulling my leg here?

She hasn't moved, but is keeping her hands up.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #140

Sora laughs.

"She's a Hollow, then I'm normal, Shinigami. And I'm not even carrying her weapons."

He really isn't. He isn't even in his pseudo Resurrecion state.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui twists her neck again to look at Akio. "Huh?" She stares at Akio as he makes his outrageous proclamation. Then, she slowly turns to face the reaper, crossing arms on her chest again and pouting in annoyance. "Weren't you supposed to stay put?", she mocks. "You are interupting our friendly bonding exercise. Be gone!"

At Sora's words, Yui rolls her eyes and sighs. "Stay put for a moment", she says, and reaches past Sora, towards a seemingly empty spot of air...

... and pulls out a katana, sheath and all, from thin air. She proceeds to clobber Sora with the hilt. "Dolt!", she scolds. "You didn't think no-one noticed this when you had that episode, with black eyes and all? Didn't your mother teach you that lying is..."

Yui's voice fades, and she seems ponderous for a moment. "Oh yes. Not carrying 'Her weapons', meaning my weapons. It's not a lie then. Oopsie. Sorry for that." She tip-toes to pat Sora's head as a apology, smiling nervously.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

[Park]

A ringing clash of metal, and a gunshot echoes through the park as something glowing impacts Akio's blade. It almost looks like a bullet, for those who have significant enough perception. As the sound dies down, in the silence, footsteps echo from the path slowly as a figure approaches, glasses shining eerily.

In his outstretched hand, he holds an american revolver with an odd, glowing blue component attached to the chamber, and glowing blue particles smoking from the barrel. He holds nothing in his other hand, but his professional stance suggests that could change in less than seconds.

"You picked a poor day to threaten citizens -- abnormal that they might be -- shinigami. Back away slowly, or I won't miss your head next time."

His eyes do not seem like the type to be bluffing.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-18 at 04:10 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Park]

A ringing clash of metal, and a gunshot echoes through the park as something glowing impacts Akio's blade. It almost looks like a bullet, for those who have significant enough perception. As the sound dies down, in the silence, footsteps echo from the path slowly as a figure approaches, glasses shining eerily.

In his outstretched hand, he holds an american revolver with an odd, glowing blue component attached to the chamber, and glowing blue particles smoking from the barrel. He holds nothing in his other hand, but his professional stance suggests that could change in less than seconds.

"You picked a poor day to threaten citizens -- abnormal that they might be -- shinigami. Back away slowly, or I won't miss your head next time."

His eyes do not seem like the type to be bluffing.
    "Bakudo 15: Kyomon." Akio says flatly, forming a barrier around himself and the others, leaving Nero outside. "Show them who you are, Elder. I won't hesitate to harm them if they stand in my way. If you show them your true face they won't have to be dealt with. For someone with such good intentions you seem to hide behind their generosity and your own lies. If you keep hiding like this, they may come to harm."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

[Park]

Nero fires a couple bullets, frowning as they have no effect. He cues up his communicator, speaking in a low tone in english.

<Agent 06, initiate tactic 38 with the Scar Droids. Target is proving hostile. Moving in to break the obstruction.> He whips out the handle to his favored weapon in such a situation; a blade of concentrated reishi forms, humming with an otherworldly fervor, and radiating light in the immediate area. In his other hand, he replaces his revolver with several smaller objects, that seem to form into daggers. With a coordinated dash, he circles around each side of the barrier, piercing it with a dagger before charging inward, slashing at the glass wall.

...Given the kido's composure of spiritual energy, the barrier starts to dissipate slowly, the blade and daggers absorbing its energy. Nero regards Akio calmly as he slowly cleaves through the wall like he is holding a chainsaw carving a tree.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-18 at 08:26 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Elsewhere in the Park]

Josiah swears to himself as Akio ramps up the threats.

<Damn, that Reaper's loco. Guess the boss needs the help...>

With that, the half-dozen SCAR drones zoom in, taking positions up in a circle around the barrier, perhaps 20 feet away from it. Their mechanisms shift, and they begin to notably draw in ambient spiritual energy...

As well as energy from the barrier, slowly eroding it.

<01, this is 06. 38 engaged, ready to fire when we have a clear shot.>

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Park]

Nero fires a couple bullets, frowning as they have no effect. He cues up his communicator, speaking in a low tone in english.

<Agent 06, initiate tactic 38 with the Scar Droids. Target is proving hostile. Moving in to break the obstruction.> He whips out the handle to his favored weapon in such a situation; a blade of concentrated reishi forms, humming with an otherworldly fervor, and radiating light in the immediate area. In his other hand, he replaces his revolver with several smaller objects, that seem to form into daggers. With a coordinated dash, he circles around each side of the barrier, piercing it with a dagger before charging inward, slashing at the glass wall.

...Given the kido's composure of spiritual energy, the barrier starts to dissipate slowly, the blade and daggers absorbing its energy. Nero regards Akio calmly as he slowly cleaves through the wall like he is holding a chainsaw carving a tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [Elsewhere in the Park]

Josiah swears to himself as Akio ramps up the threats.

<Damn, that Reaper's loco. Guess the boss needs the help...>

With that, the half-dozen SCAR drones zoom in, taking positions up in a circle around the barrier, perhaps 20 feet away from it. Their mechanisms shift, and they begin to notably draw in ambient spiritual energy...

As well as energy from the barrier, slowly eroding it.

<01, this is 06. 38 engaged, ready to fire when we have a clear shot.>
    "Time's running out, Elder. If they break the barrier I'll cut hem down in front of you. For a protector of humans, you sure don't seem to care. Tables have turned, and now I pose the question you once asked me. What makes you better than I, Elder?" Akio seemingly ignores the barrier dropping, hoping to force Elder into action. Under his breath he begins the chant to release his Zanpakuto. "Unbind the clock hands of fate..."

27. - Top - End - #147

Silva watches the situation, not sure what's going on anymore. Thoughts flying through her head.

What the hell is this guy talking about? Elder? What's an Elder, and why does he think Yui is it?

Silva...I so hate to intrude upon your thoughts, but I do believe he is getting ready to do something.

But...but...how do I know they won't all attack me? I mean...he doesn't know what I am. Would he really harm random people just to instigate a fight? Shinigami don't do that!

Silva, we have to act now. If you don't release me, things could get ugly real fast.

*sigh*...fine...

As Akio begins his chant, Silva's right hand quickly moves towards her side, where her dagger is kept.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

[Park]

Nero frowns as he pulls his blade back, kicking the barrier in from the outside, and disappearing...

Only to reappear inches from Akio's face.

Or rather, his fist is. He is aiming to interrupt Akio by punching him in the jaw.

At high speed.

((If I'm interrupting anything, I can change this))
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui, who's mostly ignored Akio in favor of apologizing to Sora, turns back at him just before he starts chanting his release phrase. "Here. You can have this back", she mutters to Sora, handing the sword back to him. "Better? Better? Good grief, you didn't even understand the question, did you?", she growls, face twisted in a mad frown. "How can it be that a Shinigami can't tell the basic difference between Hollow and himself? You are worse than the lowliest..."

Then, Nero breaks through the barrier to punch Akio. Yui sees this as a good opportunity to snap out of it, turn tail and run. "Let's get out of here, shall we?", she yells to Silva and Sora before sprinting behind the closest tree like Hell's on her heels.

30. - Top - End - #150

Sora hesitates for a second, fingering his newly found katana. Then he sprints after Yui, asking, "Erm... Why are we running Yui? He was just saying some stupid chant."