New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R]Episode Six: Another Night Out.

"It's a spell! Get out the way, fool!", comes Yui's voice before she disappears amidst the plantlife.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Silva hesitates for a moment, then takes off after Yui and Sora.

Hey...I thought we we're gonna fight?

Plans change. Still might have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora hesitates for a second, fingering his newly found katana. Then he sprints after Yui, asking, "Erm... Why are we running Yui? He was just saying some stupid chant."
    Haven't fought a Shinigami before, huh?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Akio too flashes out of view, dodging to the left and spinning around. It seems he expected an attack from behind, instead of the front. "so that our power may be as one. Enemies shall quake and the dishonorable shall be redeemed. Bring forth the power of gods, Noble Death!" He finishes, flashing his reiatsu as Noble Death releases. "What makes me better is not running and leaving these mortals in danger! You can protect them, Elder. Running now will just seal their fates!" He calls to her.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-02-19 at 02:54 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva hesitates for a moment, then takes off after Yui and Sora.

Hey...I thought we we're gonna fight?

Plans change. Still might have to.

Haven't fought a Shinigami before, huh?
    Sora shrugs.

"Haven't met one, other than Izumi. Why do you ask?"
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

With the dissolution of the barrier, the remaining energy is practically inhaled by the SCAR Droids, all of which are now glowing more brightly.

For a moment, they simply hang there in the air, seemingly doing nothing. Then, they disperse a bit, before three of them fire all their contained energy at each of the three remaining droids, compressing the energy into three of them. The "empty" droids then double their altitude, putting them further out of harm's way.

At the same moment, the three droids still containing energy reposition themselves, all three moving to seemingly random spots that are generally behind Akio. When they begin firing, the pattern of release is inconsistent between droids.

The first droid begins rapidly firing small, precise blasts of energy; any one shot wouldn't be that harmful, but there are many of them, and it constantly adjusts.

The second droid takes about 2 seconds to charge up a shot; each is slower, though still precise, but has much more power than the stutter-fire from Droid 1. Droid 2 will likely have fewer of these shots available, though.

Droid 3 seems content to sit back and slowly concentrate the energy contained within. It's quite possible it will fire it all at once, when the right moment strikes.

None of these blasts will land near Nero's position.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora shrugs.

"Haven't met one, other than Izumi. Why do you ask?"
    Silva watches the droids intently.

You better keep on your toes, then. They can get pretty brutal.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Akio too flashes out of view, dodging to the left and spinning around. It seems he expected an attack from behind, instead of the front. "so that our power may be as one. Enemies shall quake and the dishonorable shall be redeemed. Bring forth the power of gods, Noble Death!" He finishes, flashing his reiatsu as Noble Death releases. "What makes me better is not running and leaving these mortals in danger! You can protect them, Elder. Running now will just seal their fates!" He calls to her.
    "You should worry about your own hide, Shinigami." Nero is barely perturbed by his tactic proving ineffective. However, a light shines from his left hand as he aims another energy dagger between Akio's lungs.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Silva watches the droids intently.

You better keep on your toes, then. They can get pretty brutal.
    Sora snickers as he keeps one eye on the droids. It's interesting, reflectively, how easily he can hold conversations while running like a bat out of hell.

Unfortunately, he's not really paying attention, and slams into Yui.

"Erm... Sorry Yui."

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    With the dissolution of the barrier, the remaining energy is practically inhaled by the SCAR Droids, all of which are now glowing more brightly.

For a moment, they simply hang there in the air, seemingly doing nothing. Then, they disperse a bit, before three of them fire all their contained energy at each of the three remaining droids, compressing the energy into three of them. The "empty" droids then double their altitude, putting them further out of harm's way.

At the same moment, the three droids still containing energy reposition themselves, all three moving to seemingly random spots that are generally behind Akio. When they begin firing, the pattern of release is inconsistent between droids.

The first droid begins rapidly firing small, precise blasts of energy; any one shot wouldn't be that harmful, but there are many of them, and it constantly adjusts.

The second droid takes about 2 seconds to charge up a shot; each is slower, though still precise, but has much more power than the stutter-fire from Droid 1. Droid 2 will likely have fewer of these shots available, though.

Droid 3 seems content to sit back and slowly concentrate the energy contained within. It's quite possible it will fire it all at once, when the right moment strikes.

None of these blasts will land near Nero's position.
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "You should worry about your own hide, Shinigami." Nero is barely perturbed by his tactic proving ineffective. However, a light shines from his left hand as he aims another energy dagger between Akio's lungs.
    Akio brings his hourglass up to block the dagger as the energy beams begin firing, forcing him to move out of the way of the blasts, though he is hit a few times in the right side. As the dagger stabs into his zanpakuto a groan of pain escapes his lips. "Four on one hardly seems fair, you know. I think you should call for backup!"
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-02-20 at 07:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Akio brings his hourglass up to block the dagger as the energy beams begin firing, forcing him to move out of the way of the blasts, though he is hit a few times in the right side. As the dagger stabs into his zanpakuto a groan of pain escapes his lips. "Four on one hardly seems fair, you know. I think you should call for backup!"
    "Always the arrogant ones, you shinigami, for not assuming I do not already have it." Nero whips the full-size energy blade around for a vicious slash at Akio's legs.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, some dozen yards away, Yui yelps as Sora crashes on her and knocks her down. "Look where you run!", she hisses, hurrying back to her feet. Who on earth is the strange mortal fighting the Shinigami? Does he have a link to the odd man who confronted Akio earlier?

In any case, they'd have to get far away, all three. They're capable of Shunpo! Nothing mortal is safe within limits of this park...! We must get away before this escalates.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

If anything, the fire from Droid 1 intensifies. The rate of fire increases slightly, reaching an almost fever pitch.

Meanwhile, Droid 2 continues to lob more powerful blast at Akio's blind spots, especially trying to exploit his existing hits on his right side.

Droid 3 continues to wait.

Farther away, Josiah's face wears a vicious grin.

"Take this you arrogant psycho. Threaten innocents in this town? Not on our watch."

13. - Top - End - #163

"Always the arrogant ones, you shinigami, for not assuming I do not already have it." Nero whips the full-size energy blade around for a vicious slash at Akio's legs.
    If anything, the fire from Droid 1 intensifies. The rate of fire increases slightly, reaching an almost fever pitch.

Meanwhile, Droid 2 continues to lob more powerful blast at Akio's blind spots, especially trying to exploit his existing hits on his right side.

Droid 3 continues to wait.

Farther away, Josiah's face wears a vicious grin.

"Take this you arrogant psycho. Threaten innocents in this town? Not on our watch."
    "You're not arrogant for thinking you can hold this place? If you were so capable at destroying hollows, we wouldn't have to come save your sorry souls from being devoured regularly. You need us, mortal. Without the Shinagami, you'd all be dead. You had a hollow right in front of you, and yet you chose to attack me out of pure spite. You're clearly no better than any Shinigami." Akio says calmly, slowly gaining momentum in this fight. He had been laid up in bed for a few days, and now he felt alive again. He had nothing to worry about, just him and Noble Death. He brings his zanpakuto to block the incoming blade as he does a turn to dodge a few more of the blasts.

"You'll never be enough to hold this place from the encroaching darkness. The hollows reside at your feet, with your mortal children, and you still claim you're self sufficient. You attack me out of misguided hatred for your protectors. I had no intentions of harming anyone but Elder, and you've gone and screwed that up, haven't you!?" He begins rushing for Nero at this point, using erratic movements to dodge most of the beams of power, until he's caught by one of the stronger ones, being thrust into the air and coming down to swipe at Nero.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Suddenly, while Droid 1 continues to pepper Akio in mid-air with a barrage of blasts, Droid 2 flits to one side and unleashes another blast.

At the same moment, Droid 3 blurs through the air to appear almost next to Nero.

At which point, a voice, utterly distorted by the speakers, cries out.

"Take this you lying sack of Reaper ****!"

A giant beam of energy fires straight towards Akio. It seems to bear considerable force, not unlike a fairly powerful Hado.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

[Park]

A flash of light and influx of ambient energy occurs around Nero as a futuristic-looking gauntlet forms around his left arm, which he blocks the full force and slashing impact of Akio's attack with. Nero still looks upon his foe with detached neutrality.

"You say you are necessary despite having threatened citizens unnecessarily. Words may be words, but your rule is not welcome, Shinigami. You are deluded and dangerous. So I will be forced to put you down."

Just as the SCAR droid appears behind him, Nero steps to the side, disappearing into apparent shunpo once more to allow room for the energy beam to strike Akio.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-02-20 at 10:23 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #166

Suddenly, while Droid 1 continues to pepper Akio in mid-air with a barrage of blasts, Droid 2 flits to one side and unleashes another blast.

At the same moment, Droid 3 blurs through the air to appear almost next to Nero.

At which point, a voice, utterly distorted by the speakers, cries out.

"Take this you lying sack of Reaper ****!"

A giant beam of energy fires straight towards Akio. It seems to bear considerable force, not unlike a fairly powerful Hado.
    "Bakudo 28: Mirror wall!" Akio barely manages to bring up the small shield before the third beam strikes, exploding on impact with the bakudo and sending him back toward his little tree. Debris fills the air as he slowly comes back to his feet, what seems like sand covering his Zanpakuto blade. "This hardly seems fair, mortal. You have no hope of protecting this city if you can't even fight me yourself. Nothing I've said is a lie, just an observation from a Shinigami noble."

Akio then whips his blade in the direction of Nero, firing a bit of his bone reiatsu and following it with Shunpo to attack Nero close range.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-03-01 at 10:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Nero blocks the reiatsu blast with an expert flourish of his blade, completely absorbing the energy, and as Akio comes in, a flash and clash of metal echoes through the trees as a large metallic gauntlet forms around his arm, entirely blocking the impact of the blow. Agent 0 looks to Akio with a cold, steely stare.

"'Hardly fair'? I would expect that claim from an infant, but not from someone I could even conceivably respect as a skilled opponent. These are tactics. There is no victory to be had in your outdated dogma of honor. There is only success by any means necessary, or failure and death in obscurity." Nero slashes vertically for Akio's blade arm, aiming to at least sever a tendon in his shoulder; as he does this, his other arm reaches for his belt...

As the slash goes through, the man disappears. As he had no notable reiatsu before, there is no detecting him via that method, either...
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile, Yui keeps running towards the edge of the park. Once she picks up speed, Sora and Silva might notice she makes her way with practiced ease and great speed - the woman has had her fair share of exercise, it seems.

However, just buildings and asphalt of a car road come to view, promising safety, Yui stumbles and falls to her knees, coming to a violent halt. She grabs her chest, face distorted in pain. "Damn it", she hisses, crawling to a sitting position. It seems the wound caused by her first encounter with Soshi Koan that left her hospitalized for a few days has come back to haunt her.

It doesn't look like she'll be able to stand up on her own.

19. - Top - End - #169

Silva notices the ease that Yui exhibits as she chooses their course away from the action. She simply attributes it to Yui having lived here a while.

And then Yui falls.

Yui! Silva will comes to a stop next to her, to try and get an arm around her shoulder and help her back up.

Hey, can you keep going? Where are we going, anyways?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui shakes her head. Her breathing seems labored and she's gritting her teeth together - it doesn't seem like she could talk much even if she wanted to. Her right hand clasps her chest even as Silva helps her stand.

21. - Top - End - #171

Give me your arms.

Silva will go to pull Yui's arms over her shoulders, in a sort of fireman-carry.

If you got a direction in mind, point to it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui doesn't resist as Silva picks her up. She takes a moment to collect herself, the lets out a pained whisper. "Your... apartment." It's the closest "safe" place she can think of right now. Her eyes wander as she tries to check if Sora is still following.

23. - Top - End - #173

Silva dons a confused expression. She starts to question it, but just shakes her head, deciding she could do that later.

She'll start heading towards her apartment, making sure she doesn't lose Sora.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #174

Nero blocks the reiatsu blast with an expert flourish of his blade, completely absorbing the energy, and as Akio comes in, a flash and clash of metal echoes through the trees as a large metallic gauntlet forms around his arm, entirely blocking the impact of the blow. Agent 0 looks to Akio with a cold, steely stare.

"'Hardly fair'? I would expect that claim from an infant, but not from someone I could even conceivably respect as a skilled opponent. These are tactics. There is no victory to be had in your outdated dogma of honor. There is only success by any means necessary, or failure and death in obscurity." Nero slashes vertically for Akio's blade arm, aiming to at least sever a tendon in his shoulder; as he does this, his other arm reaches for his belt...

As the slash goes through, the man disappears. As he had no notable reiatsu before, there is no detecting him via that method, either...
    Akio blocks quickly with the solid white chain of his Zanpakuto, jumping back as Nero disappears in front of him. "If you really want to protect this town, you'd do well not to interfere. If I were a threat to the town you'd know it. You should come out now, because two can play at that game." His eyes sweep the area for any sign of movement. "Bakudo 26: Kyokko!" He too becomes invisible, using shunpo to move away from where he was standing.

25. - Top - End - #175

Sora follows to Silva's apartment.

26. - Top - End - #176

Before, Silva and company will reach her apartment building, situated right next to the graveyard. Silva will quickly move up the stairs to her floor, careful of Yui as she goes.

Once inside, she'll set Yui down on the couch. Shut the door behind you, she says to Sora without looking to him.

Silva's apartment isn't much. Just the basics, really. A worn out couch, small TV on a stand, little table in front of the couch. The main room is split between a living room area, and the kitchen, separated by a counter and different floors. Opposite the kitchen are two doors, leading to the bathroom and her bedroom.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thank you", Yui rasps. "Feeling better now. Could I get a glass of water?" She adjust her position and leans forward, elbows on her knees, holding her hands above her heart. "Ugh. All sorts of trouble you get when you grow old. Have to see a doctor tomorrow..." Her breathing is a bit labored, but settles soon. She glances at Sora, and especially the blade he's carrying.

"You. Come here."

28. - Top - End - #178

Silva nods to Yui, and goes to the kitchenette, grabs a glass from a cupboard, and fills it.

As she brings it over, she glances at Sora, curious about the sword. And why Yui wants him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #179

Sora absent mindedly shuts the door, than hears Yui, and her tone of voice.

"Well, crap."

He sighs as he walks over to her. The sword seems more of an... extension of his arm, rather than a weapon. He barely even notices its presence.

"What is it Yui?"
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-03-09 at 01:19 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Yui takes the glass and sips some water before fixing her uncovered eye at Sora. "You know what that is, right? It's a Zanpakuto", she says, nodding towards the sword. "You are not a Shinigami. Why do you have it?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-03-09 at 01:18 AM.