New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Spherus Magna: Chapter 1 The World Reforged

Spoiler: The past
    Show
    The months since the arrival of the Great Spirit Robot had passed quickly, yet slowly as well.
    First, there was the fight between the Glatorian and the Skakdi, Skrall, and Rahkshi.
    When they were defeated there was a brief time of peace on Spherus Magna when the Agori and Matoran go tot know one another, and tried to build a new village.
    Then the Toa Nuva left to go hunt down the Toa Mahri, still missing, along with whatever was causing the many disturbances, including the murder of Tren Krom and Karzanhi, among others.
    The new village was destroyed by an army of shape-shifting mechanical warriors, sowing distrust between the Matoran and Agori.
    Those left retreated to the Great Spirit Robot where they found some protection in the city of Metru Nui. A great camp sprung up around the closest exit, allowing everyone to live together.
    While many of the Skrall and Skakdi had disappeared the remainder joined at the outskirts of the camp, believing that there was safety in numbers. However, they have been mercilessly persecuted.
    And all this time there has been no word from the Toa Nuva, Takanuva, Kiina and Gresh.
    The shape-shifting warriors are still out there, and nobody knows where, the Matoran and Agori are still not settled in, the great heroes are missing, and tensions are at a breaking point.
    To try and diffuse some of these Turaga Dume, Turaga Vakama, Raanu and Ackar, the members of the leading quadruvirate have arranged a great tournament. The Great Glatorian Games they are calling it, with friendly bouts between Toa and Glatorian, Agori and Matoran, and any who wish to participate.

Spoiler: The opening
    Show
    The crowds filled the Coliseum, row upon row of cheering Matoran, Glatorian, Toa and Agori. The floor was mostly filled as well, leaving just enough room for the quadrumvirate and a few others, as well as a cloth shrouded stand.
    "Fellows citizens, fellow inhabitants of Spherus Magna" Turaga Dume's amplified voice booms out over the crowds "Today is a great day! Marked by peace among us, and a new city to call our own, belonging to each and every one of us. We have come so far!"
    Raanu stepped up and banged his sword against his shield "Agori, Glatorians, Toa, Matoran, everyone, hear me! We have had our issues in the past. But now, that all stops. Today we move forwards. But today is a day to celebrate our Unity"
    Ackar stands up straighter, and speaks "If I learned one thing when I was voyaging with Mata Nui it was that we all have a Duty. To each other, and to ourselves. To be the best people that we can be. And these games are a symbol of that"
    Finally Turaga Vakama hobbles forwards. His voice is quiet, but seems to ring out louder than the others combined "Today we embrace our Destiny. I have one last thing to say before these games begin"
    He steps back and throws the cover off the pedestal. Sitting on the stand is a golden mask "This is the Kanohi Vahi, the Great Mask of Time. I forged it long ago in our time of greatest need. It was lost before we left the Robot. It was not found until we began to work together again. I leave you to interpret that how you will.
    "But, it is now my honour to declare these games officially begun!"

Cheers rang out around the Coliseum, Matoran and Agori alike jumping to their feet.

Spoiler: The Games
    Show
    The games are now in their third day. They are nearing their end, with only one fight remaining, the fight between the reining champion Ackar, and the challenger, a Skrall named Strantos.
    The day is getting long, and the twin suns of Metru Nui are beginning to set, yet there is still daylight left.
    The fights have gone well, with vehicle battles, single and team matches, and a good time all around. Spirits are high among everyone present.
    Cool avatar by Gurgleflep

Posting Severely Limited. PM me in case of prolonged absence

my page

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spherus Magna: Chapter 1 The World Reforged

A red toa plated in armor, most likely a fire toa, sits in her seat. She has a Fire greataxe on her back,some type of launcher on her arm, and a mask of strength. She is still bruised up from her fight with the water toa she is sitting next to. Their fight lasted so long it had to be called a draw. "Well, Galtia, who do you think will win this one?" she asks. The water toa referred to as Galtia is in lighter armor and is blue. She has two hand crossbows as her tools on her hip and a mask of agility.
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2013-10-18 at 09:48 PM.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Tybalt doesn't cheer. Ever.

The stoic Toa stood atop the Coliseum's outer wall, far above the packed stadium. He was a faint outline above the multitude of happy souls, eyes constantly open for any sign of trouble. The tournament had gone off without a hitch, and was reaching its end. It was peaceful. Far, far too peaceful.

He runs his hand over a number of shallow rents in his side, remembering the brief skirmish he had participated in not two weeks ago. Some of the shape shifters had gotten the drop on him, shooting him down and making their escape. Tybalt's fingers twitch, ready to move at any second. They won't get away quite so easily this time.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Takin' 10 for Perception, so 25 in total. He's looking for fights breaking out in the stands, or anyone suspicious in the crowd.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Within a brief distance, a tall, gold-armoured Skakdi slouches in her seat, lazily staring down onto the arena floor. Only a few wary Matoran or Agori sit near her, nervously glancing every few seconds. They think she doesn't notice; in reality, she is simply too used to fear and prejudice from their kind.

Galagrash runs her claws down the Electric Saber lying next to her, wondering impatiently as to when this match will begin. Though she daren't admit it, she is somewhat excited as to the prospect. Hope this 'Strantos' has what it takes; I could stand to see Ackar taken down a peg, she muses to herself, ignoring the bickering of two Toa sitting nearby. Those fire-types... so domineering, even more than the rest of them. Could really stand to see a leader without red armour one of these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    Related thought: 5e D&D PC with Hermit background. Discovery is that the universe is just a 5e D&D campaign. Trade in herbal kit proficiency for a gaming set proficiency: 5e D&D. Your "scroll case stuffed full of notes of you studies"? The PHB, DMG, and MM.
    "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." -- Harlan Ellison

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Bula sits in the stands, three rows above a large beastial figure adorned with spikes and beautifully made suit of armour, oily gleaming in the artificial sun that illuminates the arena. Taking advantage of the swath it had cut in the crowd and looking into the middle distance. An palpable itch forming behind her eyes as she tries not to stare at the creature, the arena or any of the actual people around her.

Bula has a thick barrel like torso, squat powerful legs and disproportionately long arms that nearly reach to the ground. She wears no armour as it would restrict her painfully when she invokes the power of her mask. Which has resulted in a variety of marks and battle scars all along her body. Slagged metal, dings, scratches and several colourful stains mar the matte white fabric of her being.

A spider web of ice forms on the bench beneath her as she grasps and fiddles with the chiselled rock. A familiar phrase running through her mind.This is good for you. You can do this. It's your duty. Why didn't I bring my spear?*

Spoiler
    Show
    *Because it's a social function and she doesn't trust herself just yet. It doesn't make it any easier obviously.

Assesment advantage to size up Galagrash and Ackar and Strantos once they start setting up. My insight is 10 at the moment.
    Last edited by Smart_alec; 2013-10-19 at 12:33 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Voltari slowly and carefully makes her way through the stands. The Toa of Shadow had come all this way, so she may as well see the final fight of these games. Fortunately there seemed to be quite a bit of empty space around a Skakdi in the stands, so while draped in her cloak she made her way to sit nearby. The Toa however stood out quite a bit, a dark, tall figure wrapped in rags. She had her Lightning Rod sheathed at her side, though her black shield was always strapped onto her arm and visible.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

You where able to sneak into the stadium undetected thanks to your disguise. The only still available seats were near a large, slouching, golden figure and a bandage-wrapped figure w/ a shield w/ everyone nearby giving them a semi-wide berth. You sit two rows above and behind them, wondering at all the strange new sights and sounds you've never experienced before, and a couple new smells too.

You shift your face into a highly sensitive form: keen sight and hearing, strong smell and taste; and you catch a glimpse of a figure on top of the outer wall, you didn't know there was supposed to be people up there. Otherwise you focus on the match, your enhanced senses letting nothing escape your notice.

Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    As many points as I'm allowed are alowcated into the perception skill and awareness.
    Last edited by Reality Glitch; 2013-10-19 at 01:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The fight is gearing up to begin. Strantos, the great tall Skrall marches forwards into the middle of the field.

Spoiler
    Show
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwVT7HmSlvTmSzF5VTIya0p1RlU/edit?usp=drive_web
    Strantos

Ackar marches out to meet him. Vakama steps up onto his podium to announce the start of the fight, and the crowd cheers louder than ever.

The other Glatorian and Toa look on from the entrance to the tunnels to the competitors rooms.

my page

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Rolling his eyes, Tybalt turns away from the fight. Watching two thugs beat the plating off of each other wasn't really his idea of a good time. He casts his eyes up to the high outer wall, but something far closer catches his eye. Three figures, armed to the teeth - Rahkshi!

Tybalt levels his own weapon at the Rahkshi, fingers tensed to open fire at any moment. His sleek greaves unfold into a pair of ankle-mounted wings, tiny disk launchers emerging to point down at the ground beneath his feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying to shoot at the Rahkshi if they make a move.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

You see the rahkshi and immediately freak out, you know how dangerous those things are. You take evasive maneuvers, run for the nearest exist, you're not sure if a terrified scream (whether or not it was composed of actual words is also unknown to you, you're too panicked right know) actually left whatever you're currently using as lips, but if you did then everyone in earshot now knows of the rahkshi as well.

After you regain your composure, you get to a good place out of sight and take on an areal form akin to a jet to fly straight at one of the rahkshi w/ a sear-head like nose cone.

Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    Splitting my ranks evenly between flight, STR, and FGT; and ramming the nearest rahkshi.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

As the solitary figure atop the stands fires at the top of the Coliseum and a screaming Rahi grows wings and a horn and launches at the same place, chaos erupts.

Streaks of red flash across the stadium before exploding in bursts of flame. The floor gets torn up, throwing Strantos and Ackar into the air, and the exits all collapse, sealed shut by explosions and falling debris.
    Turaga Vakama's podium gets destroyed, tumbling him across the field where he lies, stunned and maybe unconscious.

There is silence for a second, when another wave of explosions rips the face off the Coliseum, collapsing out into the arena. The face of it gapes open, a jagged wound.

Then the Matoran and Agori begin to scream. Most of the Toa and Glatorian were trapped in the competitors area, but the remaining ones leap to the ground, trying to free their fellows, or open the exits.

Spoiler
    Show
    You may now charge/shoot the Rahkshi. Everyone else, you can tell that the rockets came from the top of the Coliseum, but you don't know what/who shot them, although you can see colourful three figures up there.

my page

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Before he can even think Tybalt explodes into the air, his blaster giving out a sharp retort. He nearly overtakes his projectile, landing on the opposite edge of the coliseum wall. His eyes are like slits behind his mask, narrowed in fury at the interlopers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Open fire!
    (1d20+10)[19]

Blast rank 10, 30 ft radius, so it should hit all of them.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallian leaps to her feet. "What's going on?" she asks. Tallina then notices the three figures up at the top of the coliseum. "Galtia, they are Rahkshi! 6 of them" Tallian then notices Strantos fleeing "Wait, Strantos just fled through that hole. You're faster than me, so I suggest you chase after him to see what he is up to. He may just be chasing after the other three Rahkshi, but I have a feeling that it isn't the case." Tallian rushes to the other Rahkshi, axe in hand

Spoiler: perception check
    Show
    (1d20)[20]
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2013-10-21 at 09:09 PM.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

14. - Top - End - #14

Griffon

The noise and sudden movement of the crowd snaps Bula from her revere and after a moment orienting herself she sees the commotion on top of the stands. As she can't get there at the moment she's going to keep an eye on the other spined figure in the stands below her and wait until the crowd has cleared enough to make a couple of jumps up to the top of the stands. (She's also going to hold back a bit and see what Gala's going to do.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception to monitor the Skakdi (And to check when the crowd's clear enough to go up there without hurting anybody.)
    (d20=3) 11

Insight to see if she can jump to the roof of the stands (30 metre jump) otherwise she's gonna have to upsize herself and grab a hold of the edge and that's a lot more dangerous.
    (D20=5) 15

15. - Top - End - #15

DrowGirl

Voltari looks around as chaos erupts in the area, people fleeing, combat, the appearance of Rhakshi. There were Toa and Glatorian, some already looked to be engaging the Rhakshi, but this Toa of Shadow had another priority. Her kanohi faintly glowed as she turned into a black blur and sped towards the destroyed podium.

She stops in front of the stunned Turaga, her hood back as she knelt down, moving to pick him up. "Turaga Vakama, are you hurt?" She asks

16. - Top - End - #16

NecromancerGirl

Well, there goes any chance of some decent entertainment, Galagrash grumbles. She glances around at the chaos and notices a stream of Toa and Glatorian darting all about the place, corralling Matoran into places of relative safety and keeping an eye out for the attackers. I suppose I ought to 'do my part' and help out, she sighs, if only to avoid some angry masks later on.

With that, Galagrash rises from her seat, takes up her sword and shield, and glances about to see which Toa are moving where. A Water Toa and Shadow Toa have descended into the arena; three other Toa appear to be glaring at something up above. Galagrash jogs to join them.

"Alright, masks -- where's the enemy, and... *sigh* what can I do to help?"
    Related thought: 5e D&D PC with Hermit background. Discovery is that the universe is just a 5e D&D campaign. Trade in herbal kit proficiency for a gaming set proficiency: 5e D&D. Your "scroll case stuffed full of notes of you studies"? The PHB, DMG, and MM.
    "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." -- Harlan Ellison

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The heavy orb explodes in the midst of the three Rahkshi atop the tower. The three of them stagger backwards as the explosion washes over them.
    Up closer Tybalt and Glitch can see that the one with the Cordak blasters is far more heavily armoured than the other two. This one does not seem to be affected, while the other two stagger under the force of the explosion, and stand dazed for a moment.
    The other one ignores the explosion and takes Glitch's strike with little more than a shrug. It raises its arms and swings at Tybalt and Glitch, one each.
    Spoiler
    Show
    vs tybalt (1d20+8)[15]
    vs glitch (1d20+8)[9]
    toughness save vs 23.

Vakama stirs in Voltari's arms "Thank, thank you Toa. I am fine" he looks up in time to see the Rahkshi vanish into the Coliseum "You must stop them! Leave me here, I will be fine. Stop them! They can't be allowed to get the Vahi, that must be their target"

As Tallian and Galtia run for the other Rahkshi they vanish into the Coliseum. It is dark in there, and smoky, littered with debris. He can see that Galtia vanishes down a tunnel that slopes steeply down, hard on the heels of Strantos and the Rahkshi.

my page

18. - Top - End - #18

DrowGirl

Voltari was surprised by the Turaga's lack of alarm, but then again she didn't use her elemental powers, she supposed she could pass for a Toa of Earth even if she no longer looked like a Toa of Lightning. "Yes Turaga I'll secure the Mask of Time... if I get it in my hands, they won't be able to catch me, or it." she stated before looking at the destroyed podium where it once stood, looking around the nearby area for it. "Where is it...?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to spot the mask: (1d20+8)[25]
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2013-10-23 at 11:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Griffon

Bula visibly tenses as the creature before her speaks and feels lost for a moment. It want's to help? It can't. There's got to be some kind of tri-

She visibly slumps. They have to be more important. Bula wordlessly points at the combatants at the top of the stands and survey's the hulking figure with suspicion.

"I don't want you behind me. You should go first."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Tybalt rolls back on his heel, dodging the Rahi's swing. He takes a step back, leaning precariously over the edge of the outer wall. "Die quickly, Rahkshi. There are Matoran who need my help."

He slams his foot down, triggering his boots. With an loud snap and flash the green Toa is tossed into the air. Tybalt flips backwards, taking aim and launching another projectile. He lands over two hundred feat away on the outer wall, the barrel of his cannon smoking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking the Rahkshi mid-jump again, landing 250 ft away, still on the wall.

28 to hit, blast rank DC 25 toughness save.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallian rushes forward and then aims her axe at the rahkshi. She summons fourth a beam of fire, aiming for the closest one

Spoiler
    Show
    DC20
    (1d20+10)[11] strike

20 (see OOC)
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2013-10-22 at 09:19 PM.
    Deviant Art account

22. - Top - End - #22

NecromancerGirl

"Very well," Galagrash replies briskly, ignoring the slight. She raises her Spined Shield and rushes up the stands, only to see a Toa of Air unleash a devastating attack that blows away most of the opponents. "...Oh," Galagrash murmurs, glancing around and finding it hard to make sense out of the chaos in the Coliseum. "Oy, masks! Any other enemies to smash?"
    Last edited by Angel Bob; 2013-10-22 at 09:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Griffon

Bula's eyes flare and slows to a standing jog as the Rahkshi fall. The Turaga is being attended to and my fellow Toa seem to have the spine-ed creatures well in hand. We need to calm the Matoran and get them out of here before any more monsters can atta-

At which point she breaks off into a dead sprint. Grunting a "Follow" as she goes.

The Matoran will be grouped together and funneled into the area by the other escapees and the Gladitorian will be hampered by the lack of space. It's an excellent opportunity.

A high pitched metallic whine creeps into her voice as she explains her rationale to anybody able to listen. "There may be another attack on the other side of the exits. We need to get ahead of them and clear the area of any potential monsters. Stay in the crowds for cover and once you get out get on-top of the buildings and clear the area."

Spoiler
    Show
    *Perception: 8/20+8=16
    I may change my answer depending on the results of the check. (I kinda doubt that there's anything that'll make the above any less of a reasonable assumption though.
    Last edited by Smart_alec; 2013-10-23 at 08:35 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

DrowGirl

Voltari's mask glows again as she speeds off to catch up with Tallian and Galtia, the black Toa appearing beside them. "Sister Toa, the Rahkshi are after the Great Mask of Time. We have to get to it before they do. Do either of you know your way beneath the coliseum?" She asked, looking from one to the other

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't know, but I think that is what the three Rahkshi and possibly Strantos are after. We're chasing them down right now."
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2013-10-24 at 08:34 PM.
    Deviant Art account

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The three Rahkshi atop the Coliseum stumble backwards as Tybalt's explosive detonates. The two less armoured ones collapse, and the other one finally starts to show signs of wear and tear. It then gets blasted by Tallian's Fire beam, further damaging it.

As Bula and Galagrash get to the top of the outside wall they can see the Toa and Glatorians clearing the rubble. Beyond the exit they can see six of the Rahkshi with Cordak blasters aiming at the exit as well. Evidently it was a trap.
    A black Agori stands behind them, and appears to be keeping watch. He carries a Thornax Launcher. When he spots Bula and Galagrash he motions to the Rahkshi, who turn, and open fire on their position.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[11]
    (1d20+9)[18]
    (1d20+9)[20]
    Blast, so it hits both, for 10 damage each. It is a multi-attack attack, so follow those rules.
    DC 25+2 if it beats your defense by 2, or DC 25+5 if it beats your defense by 5 or more.

After firing their first volley they turn and fly off, the Agori hitching a ride on one of their backs.

From inside the Coliseum Tallian and Voltari can hear the sounds of combat being joined.

my page

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Tybalt watches with grim satisfaction as the two lighter Rahkshi fall to the ground. He calls across empty space at the shapeshifting Rahi.

"Creature! I could care less why you're fighting, but I trust you'll finish the battle."

His gaze drifts away from the Rahkshi as he scans the coliseum stands for any stragglers. His 'fellows' did well in escorting the Matoran, but they might have left behind an unfortunate few.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+15)[18]

Scanning for Matoran still in the coliseum.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Another explosion rocks the Coliseum as the stands beneath Bula and Galagrash are hit by cordak rockets.

As the explosion bossoms, a ball of fire and death two forms are thrown backwards by the force of the blast.

Galagrash lands and rolls to a stop by Tallian and Voltari while Bula bounces and lands next to a stunned Matoran. Her life force fading fast she stares up at the Matoran through dimming eyes.
    "Help! This Toa is dying!" The Matoran shouts as they see her heartlight flashing more and more erratically.

my page

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Tallian keeps moving forward, eager to fight.
    Deviant Art account

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

As Tallian moves deeper into the Coliseum she hears the sounds of battle intensifying. As she turns one more corner she can tell that the noise is coming from the next room. Dead Ta-Matoran are scattered, their armour torn by energy blasts.
    Tallian can hear shouts of battle, and Galtia's voice. When she steps through all becomes clear.
    The room is large, vaulted. It has many impressive features, not the least of which are the autoturrets which currently lie disabled. A Le-Matoran huddles in a corner, trying to stay out of the fighting.
    The sounds of battle come from Galtia and Strantos fighting over the Vahi's pedestal which is empty.

"Stand down Toa!" Strantos bellows "I do not want to hurt you, but I will if you persist in your assault" As Galtia slows for a moment at his words Strantos smashes his hilt into the side of her head. She drops.
    Strantos bends to check her heartlight before turning to the cowering Matoran.
    "Now maybe you and I can finish our conversation in peace" he says as he advances.
    Last edited by kreenlover; 2013-10-31 at 08:16 PM.

my page