Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    As the dwarf and the human begin to return, both of them notice a very poor attempt of a young man trying to plant what looks like a piece of rumpled parchment on the unkempt dwarf that is Lazer (in disguise). Darrius, you are 30' away...

    R1T24: Lazer looks right at the man just before the man plants what he was going to. The rogue drops the parchment and runs off.

    R1T14: Lazer looks after him, then calmly bends down to pick up the parchment and begins reading.

    R1T8: Darrius, are you going to move up to Lazer, who appears to give no chase? or, do you pass Lazer and try to run this guy down?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    With as much speed as he can muster Darrius darts off after the man, hoping to get in front of him and then get a hold on him for questioning.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, seeing as Darrius has a 40ft move speed, unless he plans to get tricksy right quick I'm confident I can get up on him, and maybe even get into his path and try to grab him, ie Grapple. Not sure if you want me to roll for grapple. He's at a +3 for it.

    What district is this in?
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Lazer calls to you as you approach and go past him, "Don't bother. He didn't attack, and beating him in public would land you in jail."

    Darrius, do you continue to run the man down?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He continues on running for a few strides before he stops and sighs. He turns back to Lazer, very nearly shaking his head, "Didn't plan on beating him, not unless he decided to struggle overlymuch. Too much to ask for a bit of polite conversation? Definitely not at dagger-point. Never."
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Lazer picks up the parchment and reads it, then shows it to you.

    "Hmmm. Looks like our inquiries have not gone unnoticed."

    Lazer and Darrius return to Vanderboren Manor to show everyone else what he found.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Handout on its way to E-mail...

    EDIT: Sent as "Handout 4 - Lotus Dragon Warning"
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-05-10 at 11:14 PM.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss raises an eyebrow at the note. This is certainly interesting. Well, chances are that if we keep looking for more information they'll have some sort of ambush waiting for us at some point ahead. She absentmindedly scratches her arms, but with her fingernails cut down to nearly nothing it doesn't really do much. I'm not sure how to continue-if we go on ahead like this, we could end up beating down a horde of thugs or attacked by professionals... She adds, considering the situation.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He ponders for a moment after they're all back together, "Well, if they intend to ambush us we could always attempt to turn the tables. If we conducted our gathering of information at night I could slip into the darkness and follow along behind to ambush any potential ambushers. It be risky, but we could try at least once. Maybe take one alive for questioning." He pauses to look over his companions again and then nods, "If it were me, I'd attack from atop a building. Between a dwarf, a woman -no offense-, and... whatever I am, I doubt any of us could get atop a building with any haste. Korian maybe, but that would just mean if he's out and about he'd have to get put down right after Lazer. Keeping an enemy healer breathing is the best way to lose a fight." He shrugs, "Say a dwarven chap takes a noble lady out and asks some questions. No need for a furry friend or a gilled freak out and about, right? Few people around to help, I could think of all sorts of accidents to happen, especially at night in a busy city." He smiles, "Then again, I'm certain acid burns fall under the list of accidents for the assassin types, right?"
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Several shocked seconds go by, with Lazer and Lavinia blinking occasionally (with very wide eyes) at Darrius.

    "I'm not sure what just happened, though my entire race was somehow insulted ... and I'm still not sure how that happened," says Lazer.

    "No, the Taxidermist's Guildhall and our investigations were right there in Sunrise District, Vakrissa's area. The Taxidermist's Guildhall is located right there at the plaza known as Dog Dog Alley, at the junction of Crown, Monkey, and Water Streets.

    "We've already tried to be discreet. I was disguised, and Darrius' connection to Lady Lavinia wasn't public, but might possibly already be compromised. No, I recommend we go in full strength to the Taxidermist's Guildhall. We'll attempt diplomacy, of course. Failing that, however, Penkus gave us what we need to move forth to strike against this plague on our city, while possibly finding Zanthus' whereabouts. Any questions?"


    Korian and Vakrissa both like the idea of a headlong battle, and Vakrissa isn't very pleased that her adopted home (Sunrise District) is the site of such a haven of crime.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss is unsure at first, but eventually decides that a full-scale offensive might be good. After all, if these Lotus Dragons were keeping anyone under their thumb with threats and the like, a massive, public battle might cause these people to step forwards.

    I agree. If our attack is successful, we may even receive support from others that these Lotus Dragons were keeping under control with threats-it could be a huge blow to their power if they're openly attacked.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    "There," says Lazer. "It's settled. A strike against the Lotus Dragons right at their front door. Because we don't know how many there are, realize that this might need to occur over several strikes. I am sure we are outnumbered, so we are best working as a shock team and pulling out ... and then battering away over time.

    "We'll do what we will tonight to hone our minds and muscles. Tomorrow morning, I want each of you to make what prayers, meditations, studies, and melds you need to best augment our mission."


    Vakrissa will spend the evening in the gardens meditating. Lazer will pray. Korian will eat extra to store energy for the morning.

    Darrius didn't have anything planned. However, while walking through the manor on a security check, he catches himself on the corner of a bookshelf. When he feels the ding, he realizes it didn't break the skin. Instead, it seems that some of his skin ... was knocked loose ... and those flakes of skin in his hand look quite a lot like very thin scales.

    Since Darrius is at the manor, it gives him and Celiss a chance to play the 'rabbit' games Vakrissa taught ... basically as a means to test stealth and perception.

    Next morning ... time to choose spells and melds for the day. Any changes to your normal lineup? Please let me know.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    The awkward silence is... confusing, at best, for the dark-skinned man. He's not even really sure what it was that he said that caused such a shocked reaction. He glances back and forth as they blink, but doesn't poke at that particular subject, even after Lazer's comments on how he apparently just insulted dwarves as a people. He listens to the proposal of a frontal assault and sighs inwardly, 'It just seems so... ordinary. We're far from it these days, it seems. The straightforward method seems a little bland. Ah well.' Outwardly, he nods and doesn't display much disdain for the idea, "I'll admit being straightforward about it likely makes the most sense."

    When he bumps into the bookshelf he stares at the scales for a few moments and then sighs aloud, "Oh, very funny. On top of disappearing into the darkness now I'm shedding. Fantastic." He continues on his patrol, grumbling about how he was sure Lazer was the mutant this week.

    Concerning the 'rabbit' games, Darrius is actually curious just how much light it takes to defeat his ability to apparently disappear. He's done it several times, even if he didn't intend to, but he's quite curious just what he can and can't do.

    He also contemplates what resources he'll need to bring to bear for the coming assault. He's got a fair number of options, but he won't know what will be the most useful until he's seen the objective. He contemplates it for quite some time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... I'm not entirely sure what melds to shape, and any input would be welcome, but I don't think I'm going to go actively seeking it this time around.

    (Edit: I mostly wrote it all out for my own benefit, to think on it and such. No need to actually read through it. T that end, I've spoilered it)

    Spoiler
    Show
    As it stands, my dilemma is as such, assuming all the melds involved are known and able to be shaped.
    The Worg Pelt, obviously, because its pretty much always shaped.
    The crown should be filled, but I'm not sure its necessary. If I keep something there it'd either be the Crystal Helm for the AC or maybe a Soulspark Familiar to scout ahead with me. I'm a little worried about the 10ft complication, but its Tiny so I could probably keep it in a pocket or something (unless swimming gets involved, then it'll probably drown), and it could occupy my space in combat without much trouble. I don't think it can flank, unfortunately. Its got an attack form, but its ranged, despite not provoking for use.
    For main DPS I'm a little torn. I can either go Dissolving Spittle like I have been for ranged DPS and help for obstacles, but if its a cramped space the firing into melee might become difficult, so Lightning Gauntlets would be preferable.
    Other options are between the Adamant Pauldrons, Keeneye Lenses, Theft Gloves, and Truthseeker Goggles.


    I'm inclined to go with Worg Pelt, Soulspark Familiar, Lightning Gauntlets, and Truthseeker Goggles, with the Capacity feat dedicated to the Familiar, which would be Bound, turning it from a Least Soulspark into a Lesser Soulspark (which makes it more bad-ass than Darrius).
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2011-05-16 at 03:42 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Considering the hour of eve, there doesn't seem to be anything (including the everburning torches, candles, or lanterns) which seem to be able to defeat your hide in plain sight ability.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get no OOC help here, other than the fact that unless somehow the thieves guild is in open territory, you can expect CQB (Close Quarters Battle). Sooo, make a decision ... unless that is your decision at the end.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    The full strength of Lady Lavinia's menagerie of "experts" heads to Sunrise District. You find the Taxidermist's Guildhall facing Water Street. Vakrissa and Korian are told to watch the front ... it is as if two creatures constructed by a master taxidermist have come alive and are animated sentinels to the hall!

    Lazer and you two enter and you find yourselves in the showroom. You are all confronted by dozens of expertly stuffed and preserved animals, ranging from parrots, monkeys, and bats to more exotic creatures like a monstrous centipede, a stirge, and even a black dragon wyrmling. A bell near the door bears a short sign - "Ring for Service."

    Lazer rings the bell. From out of the back area comes a lanky, middle-aged man with a gold tooth and a penchant for looking down his nose at customers. "Welcome! Welcome, indeed; I am Nemien Roblach. Let's see ... a chasidic dwarf with a warhammer at his side, a brawny woman, and a ..... whatever you are (human, I think, but I'm not sure ... please, no offense). You definitely look like adventurers. So, have you come to offer sell me some interesting animal? Have you come to ask me to mount one for you? or, since your dwarf doesn't look very hearty ... do you want me to discretely sell you something that if you showed it to your peers, they'd think that you faced dangers you perhaps might not yet have faced?"

    Lazer, interested in the menagerie and taking his time getting a reading on the man, plays along. "We serve a noble's house, and our patron has asked us to find something unique."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Which is true, when that unique thing is Lavinia's brother!

    "Well, a 5 gold piece bat will never do, will it?" Nemien chuckles. "I'm actually working on a jaguar for the church of Kord right now. But for 'unique' and worth a noble's coin, the very best item in the showroom is the black dragon for a mere 500 gp."

    "Very, very fine work, Mr. Roblach. Very fine, indeed. Actually, on one of our errands, we came across something that I'd like you to take a look at, and tell me what you think," says Lazer, holding up Penkus' 'death parchment.'

    Nemien looks excited when he thinks it might be a picture of something new, and frantically scans for a picture.

    "What is this?" he says, when it seems that he finally settles long enough to read some of it. His demeanor ceases to be friendly, and he icily hisses, "I see you are neither here to buy nor commission my work. Please leave. I'm a busy man, and have no time for solicitors."

    Lazer looks at Celiss and Darrius. "Check the back. I'll keep an eye on him. If he does anything funny, I'll call out for you two and our furry friends outside."

    Nemien shouts, "Your treachery will end with your life!"

    He casts invisibility, and is gone from sight.

    R1T20: Lazer calls out, "Vakrissa! Korian! You're on!"

    Realizing that Celiss is the one most likely to be in the frontline, Lazer casts a protection from evil on her. "Let's take this chump alive, shall we?"

    R1T19: Korian opens the front door to the guildhall and enters, coming right up to the rest of you.

    R1T16: Celiss, you don't see Nemien. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-05-19 at 11:54 PM.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss wishes she could ready actions outside of combat jumps to where the man last was, swinging her arms to see if she can find the him with a lucky hit.

    Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a counter, right? Celiss will try to jump over it to where the guy last was.

    Athletics: (1d20+8)[26] (If it's actually acrobatics, -2 to that.)

    Attack roll(s)?

    (1d20+3)[15]
    (1d20+3)[10]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    Today, the dark skinned man lacks the torc around his neck as well as the strange crystal helm and even the metal plates that had adorned his shoulders. Instead, he carries with him a glowing green ball of light that seems strangely solid. He's spent the morning trying to converse with it, after incorrectly assuming he'd developed some sort of incarnum vomit early in the morning, but hasn't had much luck as yet. Other notable features are a pair of blue tinted goggles in front of his eyes, though they have no straps and seem to float of their own volition, and strange metallic gloves that don't quite fit around his fingers and crackle with electricity if he moves them too fast. As always, his pelt of worg fur remains.

    With as much speed as he can muster, which is quite a bit for a human, he rushes to the door to the back room, his softly glowing little friend riding on his shoulder for the time being. Only a moment before it had been hiding behind the man's back, trying not to be seen by Mr Roblach.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Posting to speed things up, and whatnot.

    As noted, the Soulspark is riding on his shoulder, unless you object to it riding on him. The hiding from Roblach is mostly fluff, but if you want a stealth check it hides at like +17 due to size.

    This might not be my full turn, depending on the following:
    About how far from where the man was standing is the door to the back room?
    Does the door to the back room have an actual door/curtains/etc that would otherwise be the bane of invisible mages everywhere?
    If there is nothing that bars entry to the back room, what does the back room look like? Are there any additional doors?

    If the doorway to the back room is more than 30ft from where the man was standing, Darrius will use his turn (and a 40ft movespeed) to get to the door and stand in the doorway.
    If the door to the back room is relatively close to where the man was standing he'll move to the door while I await further input.
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R1T16: Celiss jumps to where the man last was, swinging her arms to see if she can find him with a lucky hit, but both times hitting naught but air.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's a counter on the same wall you entered by, but it isn't big enough for him to get behind, so much as station things there. Nemien simply walked up to the party in one of the many aisles of stuffed critters. Still, your acrobatic double-jump kick at least looked impressive.

    R1T15:Today, the dark skinned man lacks the torc around his neck as well as the strange crystal helm and even the metal plates that had adorned his shoulders. Instead, he carries with him a glowing green blue ball of light that seems strangely solid. He's spent the morning trying to converse with it, after incorrectly assuming he'd developed some sort of incarnum vomit early in the morning, but hasn't had much luck as yet. Other notable features are a pair of blue tinted goggles in front of his eyes, though they have no straps and seem to float of their own volition, and strange metallic gloves that don't quite fit around his fingers and crackle with electricity if he moves them too fast. As always, his pelt of worg fur remains.

    With as much speed as he can muster, which is quite a bit for a human, he rushes to the door to the back room (only 10' from where he was standing, 15' with moving around things), his softly glowing little friend riding on his shoulder for the time being. Only a moment before it had been hiding behind the man's back, trying not to be seen by Mr Roblach.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't mind right now for the hiding of the soulspark. The entire room is 25' x 20'.

    Yes, there is a door, and it is shut.

    Just like a normal familiar (in my campaigns), your soulspark familiar goes on your turn. Also, it may "ride" you. In this regard, you may allow it to go your full speed when moving. However, any movement on your part (other than a 5' free move) is a move action for it.
    * If you, on a single move action, exceed its 30' fly speed, then it is considered to have taken a full-round action ... but may still go your full speed (if riding).
    * Your movement obviously affects its ability to hide, but with penalties and modifiers for its speed and abilities, not your own. As such, unless you will it to move from you, it tends to be a marker for where you are. Your hide in plain sight and stealth bonuses give no benefit to your familiar.
    * Being energy, it can't really be "worn" inside of you. It can hide behind you just fine in noncombat; otherwise, it rides your shoulders. Also, remember that its luminosity is never less than a candle, which in some cases may make Hide checks moot. In a dark room, it would be seen easily.
    * Also, unless you will it to free itself of you, it is considered grappled when "riding" you if you are part of a grapple. Since the soul blast is a ranged touch attack, if it used it in a grapple, it has an equal chance of hitting you or the other grappler!
    * Though a supernatural ability, the soul blast is considered to do "weapon" damage, which is why the 'align attack' is an important consideration. Otherwise, this ability would be moot. So, if you go up against a natural (non-afflicted) werewolf, your soulspark would have zero chance of hurting it with its soul blast.

    P.S.: The color is not cosmetic and chooseable by you. It is pure incarnum energy, and it is blue, not green.

    R1T12: Vakrissa steps into the shop as Lazer says, "Shut that door!"

    Vakrissa complies, and now the visible exits are blocked and shut.

    R1T7: Darrius and Celiss hear a spell being cast over to one side, but only Celiss (of the two of you) knows what it is, which Lazer calls: "He just cast a shield spell. He's getting ready to go the hard way. Listen, Mr. Roblach .... this doesn't have to happen. We can avoid some of the unnecessary violence if you point us to the entrance to the Lotus Dragons, especially to Vanthus Vanderboren."

    Unfortunately, y'all heard some footsteps, but Lazer's chat makes it hard to figure out where he might be now in this room.

    End Round One, Begin Round Two ...

    R2T20: Lazer moves over to Korian while drawing his warhammer. He casts protection from evil on the alleged 'demigod' and says, "Sniff him out, I'll take your spot at this door."

    R2T19: Korian moves over to the western side as he moves around, sniffing the air. He then says and points to a square, "Right here!"

    R2T16: Celiss, you have a target square, but it will take you 15' of movement (10' distance, blocked by animal displays, so no charge), so only a standard action. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-05-20 at 04:44 AM.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, smiling, steps so that she has a clear line of sight to the square Korian pointed out, but instead of moving forwards her hands dart into her spell component pouches, retrieving three pinches of sand, each a different color.

    Spreading the sand into the air as she performs the motions and speaks the words of arcana, Celiss thrusts her arms forwards. The sand, still hanging in the air, is propelled by an unseen force and explodes into a cone of kaleidoscopic color that is harmless to those out of its area but, Celiss hopes, will have a devastating effect on the one caught in it.

    It had been a while since she had done distinctly arcane things in combat aside from protecting herself-it was nice to feel the rush of energy that accompanied unleashing a spell like this every now and then.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Cast Color Spray, aiming to hit the square Korian pointed out, as well as as many adjacent squares as possible. DC 16 Will save.
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-05-20 at 10:09 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius

    He doesn't want to move, lest the man try something tricky to get past him and out the door he now guards, but still wants to be of use against the man. While he deliberates, the mote of light on his shoulder seems to pick up on his hostile intent towards where Korian indicated. It lifts free of his shoulder and moves towards it, the inner glow rising menacingly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Darrius will move essentia (giving the soulspark +2 attk and damage)

    The soulspark moves towards the square indicated, up to a maximum of ten feet from Darrius, but will go no farther.

    If it is in range it will Soul Blast, otherwise just float there.

    attk: (1d20+10)[29]
    damage: (1d6+4)[10]

    miss chance if you want me to roll it: (1d100)[39]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R2T16: Celiss, smiling, steps so that she has a clear line of sight to the square Korian pointed out, but instead of moving forwards her hands dart into her spell component pouches, retrieving three pinches of sand, each a different color.

    Spreading the sand into the air as she performs the motions and speaks the words of arcana, Celiss thrusts her arms forwards. The sand, still hanging in the air, is propelled by an unseen force and explodes into a cone of kaleidoscopic color that is harmless to those out of its area but, Celiss hopes, will have a devastating effect on the one caught in it.

    It had been a while since she had done distinctly arcane things in combat aside from protecting herself-it was nice to feel the rush of energy that accompanied unleashing a spell like this every now and then.

    Celiss has no idea if it was effective or not.

    R2T15: He Darrius doesn't want to move, lest the man try something tricky to get past him and out the door he now guards, but still wants to be of use against the man. While he deliberates, the mote of light on his shoulder seems to pick up on his hostile intent towards where Korian indicated. It lifts free of his shoulder and moves towards it, the inner glow rising menacingly. A burst of blue light shoots from it, going right through the center of that 5-foot-square and hitting a stuffed monkey on the wall behind, obliterating the mounted primate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know it's picky, but I've had this issue before doing writeups. Can you please refer to Darrius initially in a post by name, rather than pronoun ... as PersonMan does for Celiss? Thanks.

    R2T12: Vakrissa takes out a javelin and tosses it, but it goes very high because of intervening crafts and trying not to hit her two teammates.

    R2T7: Celiss (and Korian) both hear the wood creaking towards the back of the store. It is enough to know the direction he went, but no longer enough to pinpoint.

    End Round Two, Begin Round Three ...

    R3T20: Lazer delays ...

    R3T19: Korian goes towards the back near Darrius, then fishhooks towards the front on the other side of the stoor, and says, "Here!"

    R3T16: Celiss, the next would take you 20' of movement to get adjacent to that square (or to a point where you could use burning hands without hurting Korian) because of shelves and the like. What do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss is loathe to use more of her limited supply of spells, instead dipping into the talents she has mastered so completely they barely require energy at all. Speaking words of simpler, although still powerful, arcane magic, Celiss' hands go through a short array of complex symbols before her eyes seem to flicker for a moment.

    We just have to keep this up for a bit longer. The spell should be wearing off fairly soon. Celiss says.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Detect Magic.
    Move: Ready an action to turn as soon as there is no longer a magical aura within range of DM. Turn in the direction away from Korian.

    Celiss will alert the others when she loses track of the aura.

    Man, I love "penetrates barriers". Those shelves won't be a problem any more...
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T16: Celiss is loathe to use more of her limited supply of spells, instead dipping into the talents she has mastered so completely they barely require energy at all. Speaking words of simpler, although still powerful, arcane magic, Celiss' hands go through a short array of complex symbols before her eyes seem to flicker for a moment.

    We just have to keep this up for a bit longer. The spell should be wearing off fairly soon. Celiss says.

    Celiss detects that there is, in fact, magic in that cone .... round one.

    R3T15: Darrius, there is nowhere for your spark to go and stay within 10' of you without incurring cover penalties. You can see that square, but cover would apply (as well as shooting into a threatened square). What do you do?
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius chuckles, "Indeed, magic is limited, but muscles and a keen nose last all day. I'd say he'd have a better time of it just giving up."

    The soulspark, meanwhile, floats over to take a shot, regardless of cover.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, it'll take a shot if it can.

    RTA: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[8]

    Miss% (1d100)[31]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R3T15: Darrius chuckles, "Indeed, magic is limited, but muscles and a keen nose last all day. I'd say he'd have a better time of it just giving up."

    The soulspark, meanwhile, floats over to take a shot, regardless of cover, but ends up blowing apart a stuffed giant bombardier beetle.

    R3T12: From her vantage, Vakrissa does not worry about cover. She takes out another javelin and throws, but it goes very high and hits the wall.

    R3T7: Just then, the same burst of kaleidoscopic colors bursts forth. But instead of the origin coming from Nemien's last point, it seems that it comes from just to the left of Korian ... and it encompasses the side-by-side Korian and Celiss, and forward to the entrance to include Vakrissa and Lazer.

    Vakrissa manages to close her eyes in time. Lazer, be he a dwarf or no, possesses a powerful mind that feel a bare tingle from the colors, and he is fine. Korian, although sentient and possessing vaguely humanoid form and opposable thumbs, is at the very core an animal. The bizarre magics, beyond anything in his training, is too much for him. He falls unconscious.

    Celiss, since this could be a battle-ender for you right here and now, roll a Will save...
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, annoyed at this turn of events, mutters Copycat just as she is enveloped in a blast of color.

    (1d20+4)[12]
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2011-05-23 at 12:41 AM.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss, annoyed at this turn of events, mutters Copycat just as she is enveloped in a blast of color. Overwhelmed by the perfectly timed, multi-colored strobes of light hitting her retinas, her brain synapses are overwhelmed until her brain defends her by becoming blessedly insensate throughout. Celiss feels and senses nothing.

    Darrius, Celiss' eyes flutter and she drops her short sword and falls prone next to Korian. A split second later, Nemien appears with a wand in his hand.

    R3T6: Lazer takes out his dagger and tosses it at Nemien. It is a very, very good throw, but Nemien moves well and the dagger bypasses one force effect to be stopped (just barely) by another, and the dagger falls at nemien's feet.

    End Round Three, Begin Round Four ...

    R4T15: Darrius, Nemien is still in a position of cover relative to both you and your soul spark, but at least he is visible. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-05-23 at 01:11 AM.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Though it may be somewhat of a gamble to leave the door unattended, Darrius rushes forward while his soulspark circles around to also get into a good position. Though it can't quite provide the same sort of threat as a person with a dagger it should hopefully be enough to pen him in between the various creatures. Once in position, they both unleash their attacks.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Reallocate Essentia. 1 from Goggles into Gauntlets.
    2 still in the Soulspark for +2 attack and damage.
    1 still in the Worg Pelt, just because.

    Move(s): So I'd like to try to get around Nemien, or corner him, or something. The soulspark can't make AoOs, and it can't flank, but if it ends opposite Darrius that should be ten feet. I'm assuming there is at least one square next to him that isn't going to cause problems for fighting from (as the soulspark can float over any prone allies with its perfect fly speed), but without a map I can't rightly be very specific.
    If nothing else, just getting to him so I can...
    Standard(s):
    Darrius: Lightning Gauntlets!
    Melee Touch Attack: (1d20+3)[23]
    Electricity: (2d6)[6]
    Soulspark: Soulblast!
    RTA: (1d20+10)[15]
    Untyped: (1d6+4)[9]
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R4T15: Though it may be somewhat of a gamble to leave the door unattended, Darrius rushes forward while his soulspark circles around to also get into a good position. Though it can't quite provide the same sort of threat as a person with a dagger it should hopefully be enough to pen him in between the various creatures. Once in position, they both unleash their attacks. Darrius touches Nemien in his left underarm at a nerve plexus that causes additional pain for 14 electricity damage. Meanwhile, the soulspark blasts Nemien in the head for 9 damage.

    R4T12: The soulspark is too small to be an effective barrier, which means Vakrissa is not stopped by it and moves into its square and attacks with her scythe, but Nemien is just agile enough for her to miss.

    R4T7: Nemien concentrates and moves defensively, but a series of colors fizzle and pop as he loses his spell. Nemien had actually placed himself at a 'T' between the wall shelf and two floor shelves to give himself more places to escape. He brilliant tumbles to the center of the room, keeping Darrius and Vakrissa from getting any AOOs, and he moves to the back of the room to the door.

    R4T6: Lazer, who is wicked fast, moves around shelves and gets to the back of the room and to the 'far' side and swings his warhammer ... but he is no combatant and misses.

    End Round Four, Begin Round Five ...

    R5T15: Darrius? It seems that Lazer is very clever. Instead of running right at him, he moved to the western wall side of Nemien ... meaning that you are able to move to the same side of Nemien as the wall you're closest to now and still flank! What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-05-23 at 02:17 AM.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tacitus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Darrius follows after Nemien at best speed, getting into position to flank the man. He focuses his power into even greater precision strikes and moves in to unleash a terrible assault. The soulspark, meanwhile, follows along after and also attempt to blast the man.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Point out of Worg Pelt and into Indigo Strike.

    Move(s) into position, flanking for Darrius and wherever for the Spark.

    Standard: more dakka.
    Darrius: Lightning Gauntlet, Flanking, Sneak Attack!
    MTA: (1d20+5)[15]
    Elec: (2d6)[7]
    SnA: (1d6+2)[3]
    Soulspark: Soul Blast
    RTA: (1d20+10)[21]
    Dam: (1d6+4)[7]

    If possible, the spark will not blast if Nemien goes down to the sneak attack (not going for lethal here, after all). Given they act on the same initiative I'm not sure if I can have it hold off until it sees the result, but there ya go. >.>
    Never can find my towel...

    So it goes.

    Healing is like accounting, but with life and death.
    -Self

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    R5T15: Darrius follows after Nemien at best speed, getting into position to flank the man. He focuses his power into even greater precision strikes and moves in to unleash a terrible assault, hitting the man in his left shin for 10 electricity damage. Nemien appears to be very woozy, barely standing on his feet.

    R5T14.9: The soulspark, meanwhile, follows along and blasts the man in his chest for 7 damage, throwing him against the door. He goes down like a ton of bricks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes-and-no for initiative. Actually, since your spark is separated from you (no longer riding), it goes just behind you in initiative. But, at the end of its turn, it is back w/in 10' of you, so it does not unshape.


    Combat Ends ...

    Lazer comes up and casts stabilize on him first, then checks him. "Wow, he was almost killed by that blue floaty thing of yours. Watch him while I check on the others."

    He collects his dagger, as Vakrissa gets her two thrown javelins. Celiss wakes up after having been out for 6 rounds. Even then, she is blinded and stunned for 2 rounds, then stunned for 1 round until she is once again lucid. Korian was out for 7 rounds, blinded and stunned for 4 rounds, and stunned for 1 round. Celiss recovered 20 seconds before Korian despite his greater hardiness, but Celiss's mind is used to overcoming such attacks. Celiss then picks up her short sword.

    Lazer looks at the party and says, "I am bound by my oath as a physician to lend my aid to all persons - friend or foe - after a battle, but this only extends to actual medical knowledge and practice. That said, it is a sin to provide holy healing magic to those of an evil nature, so if he is evil I cannot use that magic to give him succor so we may question him; he would have to deal with healing on his own body's power, aided by my medical knowledge.

    "That said, though he was hostile, I have no proof that he is actually evil. My powers only extend to protection and healing, not powerful divinations of such a nature. Vakrissa, as a druid I am sure you have no such spell."


    Vakrissa looks at him with a comical expression and says, "Such concerns of ethics and morality cause more problems than they solve. Though I believe that which is defined as 'good' has more merit than that which is 'evil,' I believe in balance and proof of worth in actions, not arbitrary auras."

    "Celiss," asks Lazer, "how about you?"

    At which point Celiss mentions that she doesn't even know such a spell.

    "Well, then," continues Lazer, "until proof to the contrary, I shall assume that he is merely protecting organizationally selfish interests, and is not evil. All of the magic he cast was actually non-lethal, come to think of it. Darrius and Vakrissa, please look him over for anything that might be dangerous or clue-worthy, and then tie him up."

    Nemien carries two wands, a masterwork sickle, a vial of an unknown substance, 4 pearls, and a ring of keys. The two heroes then tie him up, including being gagged at first at Lazer's behest. Lazer casts CLW on him for 11 healing.

    He awakens, but is only healed out of a coma by a handful of points. The soulspark must have given him a grievous blow, indeed.

    Celiss - the strong, silent type not good at interrogations so much as research - is directed to try and determine if anything he had was magical. Vakrissa will aid her. Nemien himself has two faint auras on him: one is a conjuration, specifically creation, and she guesses it is mage armor; the other aura is unknown.
    * The potion Lazer is able to automatically identify as CLW.
    * The wand he was holding has a faint aura of necromancy.
    * The other wand carries the same exact aura as the first noticed on Nemien, and is likely a wand of mage armor.
    * The pearls and keyring are non-magical.

    Darrius and Korian search the room in the meantime, and in a locked shelf in the counter - easily opened by one of the keys on his keyring - is a book. When they open it up, it is absolutely unreadable, but Darrius is able to identify it as a spellbook, and Lazer asks to see it. He takes out a clear crystal and casts read magic and peruses it. Meanwhile, Nemien doesn't even protest with his gag.

    "Let's see," says Lazer, lazily leafing through the spell lists. "Cantrip-cantrip-cantrip .... alarm, charm person, color spray, disguise self, identify, mage armor, ray of enfeeblement, shield, silent image, unseen servant, arcane lock, hypnotic pattern, invisibility, magic mouth, minor image, and see invisibility."

    Lazer looks up at Nemien. "Hmm, lots of spells which confuse, deceive, or even protect. But other than the standard cantrips I'd expect to see in any mage's repertoire, not a one of these - not even the many 'offensive' ones, are lethal. Not one. No blasting magics. Not even any magics to make you a better combatant. Mr. Roblach, that actually speaks in your favor. This means that you have a chance you otherwise might not have had ... if you start talking."

    Korian is gestured to remove the gag. Nemien breathes for a second. "The Lotus Dragons pay me to be their eyes and ears. I allow their members to come and go from their guildhall as they need, and I can even show you the secret door they use. I've never been below, but I hear tell that the boss lady has a pet dragon (or somesuch) that I'd dearly love to get a chance to stuff."

    He is escorted to a hallway that ends without a door, and shows you the secret trap door.

    "Well, Mr. Roblach ... what to do with you."

    Nemien swallows hard and says, "Lotus must pay Sunrise a decent sum to do their deeds free and clear. No doubt there's some greasing going on, and if you turn me in to the watch - after I done showed you how to find them - I'll be dead within a phase of the moon."

    Lazer nods his head and says, "You've done well to show us this, and if we send you to your death - and you seem to speak truth - we might as well be the assassins. You have one option as far as I see. Pack your bags, and leave my town. Seek your fortunes abroad, as you are a more talented wizard then the brilliant Celiss here, with magics that likely make her drool to try. Mend your ways and your heart, and seek better company than you've kept, and no doubt you will live a longer and happier life as a result."

    Nemien doesn't even complain at the prospect of having to leave town, and nods his head quickly. Lazer then looks between Nemien and Celiss. "Mr. Roblach, as payment for your attack on us, we will keep your wands, pearls, and keyring. However, you are obviously an urbane man and your spells are not given to travel. Keep your healing potion. Celiss, I know these magics may interest you, but I would no longer steal this man's spellbook from him than you would hope your enemies that defeat you but do not kill you would cut off your own hands. I am sure your character and understanding as a fellow wizard subornes any greed for magic you might possess. As for the rest of your possessions - choose carefully what you can carry quickly with you, Mr. Roblach - and leave quickly. Though you shall be watched, we will neither hinder nor further take from you anything you would otherwise take with you. If you have a deed, you will turn it over to us."

    He agrees readily. He is untied, and as badly wounded as he is, he chugs down his potion for 7 healing ... and is still only at a third of his health. He goes into his chambers - under watch - and collects only a few spare things. It seems he actually has a small fortune, having made good money as a taxidermist and with his kickbacks, but Lazer looks at the likely-wanton-Darrius and demands his conditions be met. "A man without means and wounded as he is needs what help he can get in the world."

    Nemien then gets his deed. While the Guild of Taxidermists are sanctioned by Sasserine via the Sunrise District by way of a long-term lease, actual ownership of the building and quarters and collection of lease is to Nemien. The owner of the lease is entitled to leasing fees. Lazer directs the cleanup of any battle damage, and Celiss is sent to get a town watch officer (not simply a guard) to act as witness to a legal signing.

    She comes back with a watch lieutenant, who is told that Nemien Roblach will be signing over the ownership of the building (and leases) to Lady Lavinia Vanderboren via her legal counsel: Rabbi Eliezer Cohen. The deed is signed and witnessed (by the guard, Nemien, Lazer, and Celiss as an additional), and the watch officer leaves (a platinum piece richer, courtesy of Nemien).

    Nemien is then sent away into the great wide world, but not before he is made to give the command word to his wands (and their purpose). The necromantic wand is a wand of ray of enfeeblement with 29 charges remaining. As guessed, the other is a wand of mage armor, with 19 charges remaining.

    "This was a good battle," says Lazer once you are alone. "And congratulations to our patron, for Vanderborne Estate just gained more real estate and interest in the taxidermy business!"

    Lazer hands the wand of mage armor over to Celiss, "Here, this will give you the ability to free up that spell for something else."

    He then looks at the rest of the party, "The pearls will go into a party treasury for now. I have discovered an intuitive knack for random magical items, wherein my force of will can unlock their secrets even though I might not be familiar with the spells themselves as a healer. I'd like to take the wand of ray of enfeeblement. Celiss has more than enough attack ability, when you combine her physical and spell power. Neither Korian nor Vakrissa can use this. Darrius, I don't know if you can use this or not, but you seem to have a variety of useful ranged and melee options open to you, and you are strong enough to be effective with a weapon.

    "Me? I swing my hammer like a chump, and while I can toss a dagger fairly - I don't have the power behind the throw for it to really be an effective hit. I'll take the wand of ray of enfeeblement. Its painless, non-lethal, relatively short term incapacitation for criminals, and I have a good aim."


    He asks for a post-battle assessment. He used a lot of spells, leaving him with only two healing spells. Celiss only used one attack spell. Vakrissa used no spells, and has a healing spell open. Darrius hasn't "used up" anything, but shifting to his indigo strike has slightly limited his power in other areas (because it is locked in that essentia usage for the rest of the day).

    Lazer nods and says, "We're about to break into the Lotus Dragon's fane. I know that some of you might thing 'Strike now with stealth!' But it is clear now that we aren't just going to be conducting CQB in a building, but going underground. We only have 3 healing spells remaining, and two others of you have slightly diminished attack capacity. We are on their turf, and they likely have means of telling when we're coming. Better that we return to the manor and debrief Lavinia, and then return full strength tomorrow. Besides, cleaning up here has taken some time. In the meantime, the Lotus Dragons will surely discover what happened and be on full alert ... but our restful night means a restless night for them."

    Lazer's silver tongue is good enough to assuage any competing arguments, convincing the rest of you. (Vakrissa is less convinced as she really cares less one way or the other.)

    You return to the manor, and debrief Lavinia over dinner. She is thrilled at the honor you have given to her house - and the new financial holdings - and congratulates you. Korian, even more than his regularly large appetite, eats an enormous amount and then goes to bed after tutoring Eliezer in more combat techniques.

    After dinner comes more training. Vakrissa and Darrius conduct rabbit games. It is a good night for her, as she is able to detect Darrius a decent number of times. After that, she retires for meditation. Celiss spends the evening enjoying (and laboring) in the library over assignments given to her by Damaal the Wry, covering various arcane traditions and creatures.
    ..................................................

    Moonday, 10 Planting 589 CY

    People wake up for breakfast and then perform their morning study/ meditation/ weapons form.

    Oddly, Korian has taken a liking to an older servant of Lavinia who is taking him under her wing. (The liking is as to an auntie or grandmother, as she is in her 60s.) Meditation helps him when he can be quiet, but he can only do that so far before he wants a calming exercise to help him when his mind and body wish to be active. To this end, he has taken up weaving. It is kind of comical to see him do it, but he is surprisingly adept (not gifted) and it does seem to be a Zen leisuretime activity for him.

    Celiss and Lazer have a good discussion over philosophical discussion over planar matters, and Darrius seems entranced by it and sits in on this. Seeing his interest, the two end up explaining a lot to him, but patiently. Meanwhile, Vakrissa had an appointment for broad-based weapons training at the arena.

    The heroes assemble after lunch, and it is time for first strike.

    Celiss and Darrius, now that you know you will be going underground in a high-combat situation ... do you keep the same spell list/ melds? (Darrius, include your initial essentia allotment.)

    Also, is there anything either of you wish to purchase or suggest for the party?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2011-05-23 at 05:05 AM.
    DMing
    Rise of the Runelords
    The Savage Tide II
    Serpent's Skull, Souls for Smuggler's Shiv
    Shattered Star

    PLAYing
    "Zodiac" (MikelaC1), playing Eleth'Sarat
    Spoiler: Eleth'Sarat
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Savage Tide [IC]

    Celiss considers her spell selection carefully, eventually deciding to prepare Shield, Burning Hand and two Color Sprays, deciding to rely on her melee combat skills instead of taking Magic Missile, which she decides against partially because a Shield spell like her own would simply negate it.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Not mine, but useful enough to link in my signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •